- Family who lost teen son meets woman who received his heart Updated: Apr-30-15 3:59 am
ATLANTA - A Georgia family who lost their teenage son in a car wreck the day before his graduation met the woman received his heart.
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar briefly examined at LA hospital Updated: Apr-29-15 10:24 pm
LOS ANGELES - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar briefly returned to Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center on Wednesday, two weeks after the 68-year-old NBA career scoring leader had quadruple coronary bypass surgery.
- Belgian player remains critical after heart failure on field Updated: Apr-29-15 8:45 am
BRUSSELS - Lokeren defender Gregory Mertens remained in critical condition on Wednesday, two days after he suffered heart failure during a training match.
- Celladon shares dive on failed heart drug study Updated: Apr-27-15 9:02 am
NEW YORK - Shares of Celladon Corp. plummeted after the biotechnology company said its developing heart failure treatment failed to meet key goals in a pivotal study.
- Correction: Inmate Death-Utah story Updated: Apr-24-15 5:19 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - In a story April 22 about a prison inmate death, The Associated Press reported erroneously when the officers involved returned to work. They were allowed to return two weeks later, not two days later.
- Man suffering from cardiac arrest in driveway dies Updated: Apr-20-15 7:26 am
ARMUCHEE, Georgia - A Chattooga County man found in a driveway suffering from cardiac arrest has died.
- Hall of Famer Kareem Abdul-Jabbar has bypass surgery Updated: Apr-17-15 4:30 pm
LOS ANGELES - Basketball Hall of Famer Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was recovering Friday after undergoing quadruple coronary bypass surgery.
- FDA approves new type of heart failure drug from Amgen Updated: Apr-15-15 6:13 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Patients with chronic heart failure, a disabling, deadly disease that worsens as the heart gradually pumps less efficiently, are getting a much-needed new option with U.S. approval Wednesday of a novel drug from Amgen Inc.
- FDA panel wants heart failure risk on AstraZeneca drugs Updated: Apr-14-15 3:08 pm
WASHINGTON - Federal health advisers say AstraZeneca's Onglyza and a related diabetes drug should carry new information about a possible association with heart failure and death.
- Polar bear at Point Defiance Zoo has cancer, heart disease Updated: Apr-12-15 7:04 am
TACOMA, Washington - Glacier, a polar bear at the Point Defiance Zoo in Tacoma, has been diagnosed with liver cancer and heart disease.
- Sylvia Chang makes comeback with 'Murmur of the Hearts' Updated: Apr-09-15 7:28 am
TAIPEI, Taiwan - Veteran Taiwanese filmmaker Sylvia Chang is making a comeback after a seven-year hiatus with "Murmur of the Hearts," which pairs seasoned actors with fresh faces to tell a story about three young people with a broken past struggling with finding compassion in their relationships.
- Study: Short people's genes may confer higher heart risks Updated: Apr-08-15 5:34 pm
Short people have more risk for heart disease, and now researchers may know why: Genes that govern height also seem to affect cholesterol, especially in men.