- Autopsy: Football player's death due to heart disease Updated: Oct-08-15 5:39 pm
WAYNESBORO, Georgia - Autopsy results confirm that a preexisting heart condition contributed to the death of a Burke County High School football player who died after collapsing during practice.
- Express Scripts to cover pricey new cholesterol treatments Updated: Oct-06-15 8:32 pm
The nation's biggest pharmacy benefits manager has decided to cover two new drugs that lower artery-clogging cholesterol but raise concern over prices that can top $14,000 a year.
- Indiana receives $135,000 grant to combat hypertension Updated: Sep-30-15 4:10 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The state Department of Health has received a $135,000 grant to combat high blood pressure, which it says is the leading cause of death in Indiana.
- Txt msgs may lead to broad heart-linked benefits, study says Updated: Sep-22-15 11:52 am
CHICAGO - Txt msgs may b gud 4U.
- Attempt to break world record falls 'heart-breakingly short' Updated: Sep-19-15 6:31 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Nearly 200 heart transplant recipients gathered in a Kansas City in an attempt to break a Guiness World Record but just missed hitting their target.
- Hospital examines deaths of 2 patients with mold infections Updated: Sep-17-15 7:12 pm
PITTSBURGH - A hospital in Pittsburgh is investigating whether the deaths of two patients are linked to infections from mold they may have contracted while in an intensive care unit.
- Study: Type 2 diabetes pill Jardiance cuts risk of death Updated: Sep-17-15 4:29 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Jardiance sharply reduced chances of dying in diabetic patients at high risk of heart complications, a study shows, making the Type 2 diabetes medication the first shown to lengthen diabetics' lives.
- Amgen buys 1 company, partners with 2nd to create new drugs Updated: Sep-16-15 1:50 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Biotech drug giant Amgen has made two much-needed deals to replenish its stock of medicines in development as new competition to its lucrative biotech drugs threatens future revenue.
- Panel backs aspirin for heart health in only certain adults Updated: Sep-15-15 10:03 am
WASHINGTON - A government task force says a daily low-dose aspirin could help certain people in their 50s and 60s prevent a first heart attack or stroke - and they might get some protection against colon cancer at the same time.
- Examiner: Cardiovascular disease caused Moses Malone's death Updated: Sep-14-15 12:03 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - Hall of Fame basketball player Moses Malone's death was caused by cardiovascular disease, the Virginia medical examiner's office said Monday.
- Study suggests getting blood pressure even lower saves lives Updated: Sep-12-15 2:05 am
WASHINGTON - Aiming lower saves more lives when it comes to controlling high blood pressure, says a major new study that could spur doctors to more aggressively treat patients over 50.
- Mets coach Warthen goes to hospital with irregular heartbeat Updated: Sep-11-15 1:06 am
ATLANTA - New York Mets manager Terry Collins doesn't expect pitching coach Dan Warthen to be laid up much longer after being admitted to an Atlanta hospital because of an irregular heartbeat.