- Amgen wins approval for second biotech cholesterol drug Updated: Aug-27-15 9:12 pm
WASHINGTON - Amgen Inc. has won federal approval for the second medicine in a new class of pricey biotech drugs that reduce artery-clogging cholesterol more than older statin drugs that have been used for decades.
- Former New Hampshire governor recovers from surgery Updated: Aug-24-15 10:35 am
HAMPTON FALLS, New Hampshire - Former New Hampshire Gov. John H. Sununu is recovering after quadruple bypass surgery.
- Death of Harris County jailer, 26, blamed on heart disease Updated: Aug-21-15 3:29 pm
HOUSTON - A coroner says a Harris County Sheriff's Office jailer who collapsed following an altercation with an inmate died of natural causes.
- Diabetes drug shows 1st protection from heart complications Updated: Aug-20-15 5:05 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - For the first time, there's evidence that a diabetes medication, Jardiance, reduces risk of the complications that are the top killer of diabetics: heart attacks, strokes and other cardiovascular damage.
- Prep football player's death attributed to cardiac condition Updated: Aug-19-15 3:22 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Authorities say the death of a north Philadelphia prep school football player who collapsed during a workout was due to natural causes stemming from a cardiac condition.
- Food industry asks for exemptions to trans fat phase out Updated: Aug-05-15 5:56 pm
WASHINGTON - Shortening, pie crusts, brownies and microwave popcorn could be partially exempt from a government phase out of artificial trans fats - if the food industry gets its way.