- N. Ireland leader hospitalized over suspected heart attack Updated: May-25-15 6:58 am
DUBLIN - First Minister Peter Robinson, the Protestant leader of Northern Ireland's unity government, has been hospitalized after a suspected heart attack, his party said Monday.
- Sarasota jail inmate died of hypertension Updated: May-12-15 3:04 am
SARASOTA, Florida - The Sarasota County Sheriff's Office says the death of an inmate at the jail appears to have been related to hypertension.
- Aging skiers bring new demands for sports medicine Updated: May-08-15 11:38 am
VAIL, Colorado - A few years ago, the National Ski Areas Association released numbers confirming the existence of something that many here have enjoyed contributing: an aging skier population.
- MU research IDs enzyme tied to obesity-related hypertension Updated: May-08-15 5:05 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - A study led by a University of Missouri professor has identified the enzyme blamed for obesity-related high blood pressure.
- Family who lost teen son meets woman who received his heart Updated: Apr-30-15 3:59 am
ATLANTA - A Georgia family who lost their teenage son in a car wreck the day before his graduation met the woman received his heart.
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar briefly examined at LA hospital Updated: Apr-29-15 10:24 pm
LOS ANGELES - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar briefly returned to Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center on Wednesday, two weeks after the 68-year-old NBA career scoring leader had quadruple coronary bypass surgery.
- Belgian player remains critical after heart failure on field Updated: Apr-29-15 8:45 am
BRUSSELS - Lokeren defender Gregory Mertens remained in critical condition on Wednesday, two days after he suffered heart failure during a training match.
- Celladon shares dive on failed heart drug study Updated: Apr-27-15 9:02 am
NEW YORK - Shares of Celladon Corp. plummeted after the biotechnology company said its developing heart failure treatment failed to meet key goals in a pivotal study.