- Firefighter died from heart attack after training exercise Updated: Nov-25-15 3:52 pm
BOISE, Idaho - A wildland firefighter who died after a summer training run had a heart attack, although he had passed written and physical medical tests earlier this year, according to federal officials.
- Cancer, heart disease cause of most deaths in Wisconsin Updated: Nov-24-15 2:48 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Cancer and heart disease continue to be the most common causes of death in Wisconsin in 2014.
- Hall of Famer Rod Carew, 70, hopes to get heart transplant Updated: Nov-23-15 5:04 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Hall of Famer Rod Carew is hoping to qualify for a heart transplant after a massive heart attack two months ago.
- Big study suggests steep drop in needless heart procedures Updated: Nov-09-15 5:23 pm
CHICAGO - Fewer heart patients are getting inappropriate angioplasties, a new study suggests.
- Google, Heart Association team up on new research venture Updated: Nov-08-15 3:41 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - A company whose name is synonymous with eyeballs on the Internet is turning its attention to hearts. Google Life Sciences, a research group recently spun off from its parent corporation, is teaming with the American Heart Association in a $50 million project to find new ways to fight heart disease.
- 9-year-old who died after football practice had heart defect Updated: Nov-05-15 11:09 am
POMEROY, Ohio - A coroner says a 9-year-old Ohio boy who collapsed at a youth football practice died as the result of a heart defect.
- Bristol-Myers buying heart drug maker Cardioxyl for $2.1B Updated: Nov-02-15 12:27 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Bristol-Myers Squibb Co. is acquiring a private biotech company developing a medicine for one of the most common cause of hospitalizations in senior citizens, in a deal that could be worth up to $2.1 billion.