- VA hospitals compare favorably on deaths, readmission rates Updated: Feb-09-16 1:37 pm
CHICAGO - Veterans' hospitals compare pretty favorably with others when it comes to treating older men with three common conditions - heart attacks, heart failure and pneumonia, according to a study on death rates and readmissions.
- Palestinian doctor aims to boost West Bank medical services Updated: Feb-09-16 1:42 am
NABLUS, West Bank - After Dr. Saleem Haj-Yahia performed the first-ever successful artificial heart transplant in the West Bank last month he was greeted with flowers, balloons and cheering crowds and publicly praised by Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas.
- Lake Village pairs with US agency to boost health, economy Updated: Feb-06-16 2:05 pm
LAKE VILLAGE, Arkansas - Lake Village will partner with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency this year to plan expansions to the city's community garden and trails, the agency announced last week.
- Shoes in memory of Miles, a baby with a broken heart Updated: Feb-06-16 11:05 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Miles was born with lots of hair, like his big brother.
- Cold contributed to death of woman who was shoveling snow Updated: Jan-27-16 10:10 am
MAHWAH, New Jersey - An autopsy shows a New Jersey woman whose snow-covered body was found by children died of coronary artery disease while apparently shoveling snow during the weekend storm.
- Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe returns home Updated: Jan-23-16 11:06 am
HARARE, Zimbabwe - Zimbabwe's President Robert Mugabe arrived home from a weeks-long vacation looking sprightly, quashing rumors that he had a heart attack.
- UK finalizes deal to resume some pediatric heart surgeries Updated: Jan-22-16 7:00 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - UK HealthCare and the Cincinnati Children's Hospital finalized an agreement that will bring some pediatric heart surgeries back to the University of Kentucky after a nearly four-year absence.
- Latvian president in stable condition after heart surgery Updated: Jan-20-16 11:36 am
HELSINKI - The office of Latvia's president says that the leader has undergone heart surgery and is in stable condition.
- United CEO says he's leaving hospital after heart transplant Updated: Jan-15-16 3:26 pm
CHICAGO - United Airlines CEO Oscar Munoz says he is going home from the hospital nine days after a heart transplant.
- Zimbabwe: Doctors to perform first heart surgery since 2003 Updated: Jan-15-16 8:17 am
HARARE, Zimbabwe - A surgeon says doctors will perform open heart surgery in Zimbabwe for the first time in over a decade.
- Munson gets $3 million to expand outpatient heart services Updated: Jan-13-16 7:48 am
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Munson Healthcare has received $3 million to expand outpatient heart services in the northern Lower Peninsula communities of Traverse City and Grayling.