- Browns DE Bryant out with irregular heartbeat Updated: Dec-04-13 6:37 pm
- FDA warns of problems with Philips heart devices Updated: Dec-03-13 10:33 pm
- Heart disease led to death of former lawmaker Updated: Dec-02-13 7:07 pm
- Mother, 2 sons, thankful for 3 heart transplants Updated: Nov-28-13 5:53 pm
- UFC's Del Rosario critical after heart attack Updated: Nov-27-13 8:23 pm
- Heart studies in Miss., Mass. to join forces Updated: Nov-27-13 3:15 pm
- FDA overturns safety limits on diabetes drug Updated: Nov-25-13 4:57 pm
- Fla. firefighters rescue 1 of their own Updated: Nov-22-13 6:05 am
- Study ties nuts to lower cancer, heart death risk Updated: Nov-20-13 6:38 pm
- Experts defend new heart attack prevention advice Updated: Nov-18-13 2:36 pm
- US doctors urge wider use of cholesterol drugs Updated: Nov-12-13 9:28 pm
- GlaxoSmithKline drug fails in late-stage study Updated: Nov-12-13 10:22 am
- Pa. hospitals report fewer heart-surgery deaths Updated: Nov-11-13 12:22 pm
- New money for cardiac care effort in Dakotas Updated: Nov-08-13 12:52 pm
- Testosterone treatments linked with heart risks Updated: Nov-05-13 4:20 pm
BEREA, Ohio - Browns defensive end Desmond Bryant's season has ended because of an irregular heartbeat that will require surgery.
WASHINGTON - Federal health regulators are warning the public that certain cardiac defibrillators recalled by Philips Healthcare may fail to deliver a needed shock in an emergency.
PHOENIX - The wife of former Arizona lawmaker Ben Miranda says her husband's death was the result of heart disease.
SAN MARCOS, California - Last Thanksgiving, Deanna Kremis was in heart failure and could barely get off the couch - and her two teenage sons knew exactly how she felt.
NEWPORT BEACH, California - UFC fighter Shane del Rosario has suffered a heart attack and is in critical condition at a Southern California hospital.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Heart studies in Massachusetts and Mississippi are teaming up to better understand why people respond differently to treatments for cardiovascular disease.
WASHINGTON - The Food and Drug Administration is lifting severe safety restrictions on the former blockbuster diabetes pill Avandia, citing recent data suggesting that the much-debated medication does not increase the risk of heart attack.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Tallahassee firefighters are being credited with saving one of their own after a colleague suffered a heart attack during an obstacle course.
DALLAS - Help yourself to some nuts this holiday season: Regular nut eaters were less likely to die of cancer or heart disease - in fact, were less likely to die of any cause - during a 30-year Harvard study.
DALLAS - Heart experts who wrote new guidelines for preventing heart attacks and strokes are defending a formula that some doctors say overestimates risk for certain groups.
The nation's first new guidelines in a decade for preventing heart attacks and strokes call for twice as many Americans - one-third of all adults - to consider taking cholesterol-lowering statin drugs.
A potential GlaxoSmithKline heart disease treatment acquired in a key company takeover fell short in a big, late-stage study.
SCRANTON, Pennsylvania - Patients undergoing heart surgery are faring better at Pennsylvania hospitals than they did seven years ago, according to a new report.
PIERRE, South Dakota - Charitable grants will provide South Dakota and North Dakota hospitals and ambulance services with new lifesaving equipment to increase survival rates in cases of sudden cardiac arrest, officials said Friday.
CHICAGO - Testosterone treatments may increase risks for heart attacks, strokes and death in older men with low hormone levels and other health problems, a big Veterans Affairs study suggests.