- Bagby Hot Springs attack possible hate crime Updated: Dec-11-13 9:53 am
- India's Supreme Court upholds anti-gay sex law Updated: Dec-11-13 8:34 am
- Sports stars, at UN, speak out against homophobia Updated: Dec-10-13 6:36 pm
- Evansville council opposes changing constitution Updated: Dec-10-13 3:05 pm
- Over 700 same-sex couples wed in NJ in 7 weeks Updated: Dec-10-13 2:48 pm
- Va. pastor: US custody case had no Vt. connection Updated: Dec-10-13 2:26 pm
- Bach: Russia to set up protest zones in Sochi Updated: Dec-10-13 2:17 pm
- Colorado Editorial Roundup Updated: Dec-10-13 11:32 am
- UK to hold first same-sex weddings on March 29 Updated: Dec-10-13 11:01 am
- Ian McKellen says UK told him not to go to Russia Updated: Dec-10-13 7:04 am
- Sacramento Kings acquire Rudy Gay from Toronto Updated: Dec-09-13 10:42 pm
- Corbett, Kane seek dismissal in gay marriage case Updated: Dec-09-13 6:57 pm
- Gays challenge exclusion from Vietnamese parade Updated: Dec-09-13 2:47 pm
- IOC to remind athletes against protests in Sochi Updated: Dec-09-13 5:43 am
- Gay partner benefits growing at Fortune 500 firms Updated: Dec-08-13 3:22 pm
- Pa. Catholic school teacher fired for gay wedding Updated: Dec-07-13 9:53 pm
- First Australian gay weddings held in capital city Updated: Dec-07-13 7:29 pm
- Judge orders Colo. cake-maker to serve gay couples Updated: Dec-06-13 6:38 pm
- Colorado school official backs transgender remark Updated: Dec-06-13 5:32 pm
- Comptroller to audit NY hate crimes reporting Updated: Dec-06-13 5:06 pm
- Chile presidential candidates square off in debate Updated: Dec-06-13 1:28 pm
- Butte drafting anti-discrimination ordinance Updated: Dec-06-13 10:27 am
- Gay weddings 17 percent of Washington marriages Updated: Dec-05-13 5:37 pm
- National Guard sites to take same-sex benefit form Updated: Dec-05-13 4:22 pm
- NY pushes Sochi Games advertisers on gay rights Updated: Dec-05-13 9:59 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Clackamas County sheriff's office is investigating an attack on a gay Portland man and his friend at Bagby Hot Springs as a possible hate crime.
NEW DELHI - India's Supreme Court on Wednesday struck down a 2009 lower court decision to decriminalize homosexuality, dealing a blow to gay activists who have fought for years for the chance to live openly in India's deeply conservative society.
UNITED NATIONS - Former professional basketball player Jason Collins and tennis great Martina Navratilova on Tuesday urged world sports bodies like the International Olympic Committee and FIFA to take gay rights into consideration when awarding major sporting events.
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - The Evansville City Council opposes adding a definition of marriage to the Indiana Constitution.
TRENTON, New Jersey - More than 700 same-sex couples have gotten married or renewed their vows in New Jersey the first 47 days the state allowed gay nuptials.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The Virginia pastor convicted in a Vermont federal court of helping a woman and her child flee the country rather than share custody with her former lesbian partner is arguing that the case should be dismissed because his actions had no connection to Vermont, court documents say.
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - IOC President Thomas Bach said Russia will set up public protest zones in Sochi during the Winter Olympics, a move unlikely to defuse criticism of the country's human rights record and a recent law banning gay "propaganda."
A sampling of recent editorials from Colorado newspapers:
LONDON - Save the date: The British government announced Tuesday that the country's first same-sex weddings can be held on Saturday, March 29.
LONDON - Actor Ian McKellen says the British government has advised him not to go to Russia because of the country's anti-gay "propaganda" law.
Rudy Gay and the Sacramento Kings both want the same thing: a fresh start.
PHILADELPHIA - Attorney General Kathleen Kane is seeking to be dismissed from a federal lawsuit pending in Philadelphia that challenges Pennsylvania's same-sex marriage ban.
WESTMINSTER, California - Gay rights activists are stepping up pressure on the organizers of a Vietnamese new year parade in Orange County to allow them to march.
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The IOC is finalizing a letter to Olympic athletes reminding them to refrain from demonstrations or political gestures during the Winter Games in Sochi, including any protests against Russia's law banning gay "propaganda."
SAN FRANCISCO - Corporate support for gay and transgender rights is reaching workers in new corners of the country and economy six months after the U.S. Supreme Court struck down the federal Defense of Marriage Act, according to a new report card from the nation's largest LGBT advocacy group.
PHILADELPHIA - A gay teacher at a suburban Philadelphia Catholic high school was fired Friday after he applied for a New Jersey marriage license.
CANBERRA, Australia - Gay and lesbian couples from around Australia joined in fragile marriages in Canberra on Saturday under the nation's beleaguered same-sex union laws that face a challenge in the courts within a week.
DENVER - A baker who refused to make a wedding cake for a same-sex ceremony must serve gay couples despite his religious beliefs or face fines, a judge said Friday.
DENVER - A Colorado school board member who said she has no regrets about saying transgender students should use locker rooms that conform with their biological sex has vowed to keep pushing for schools to ignore court rulings on the transgender issue.
ALBANY, New York - The New York comptroller's office announced Friday that it will audit hate crime reporting statewide after a legislator earlier this year cited an apparent spike in such crimes.
SANTIAGO, Chile - Michelle Bachelet defended promises of deep social changes while her conservative rival Evelyn Matthei said reducing poverty and crime are more important than Bachelet's call for free education during a debate ahead of the presidential elections.
BUTTE, Montana - The Butte-Silver Bow Council of Commissioners has asked the county attorney to draft an ordinance that would prohibit discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity.
SEATTLE - Gay weddings made up 17 percent of marriages in Washington this past year, the first year gay marriages were legal in the state, state officials reported Wednesday.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana National Guard personnel seeking benefits for same-sex spouses will have an easier time filing the requests, despite a state refusal to let its workers process the paperwork because of Louisiana's ban on gay marriage.