- Vegas-area schools cleaned amid norovirus outbreak Updated: Dec-03-13 6:24 pm
- Tests confirm norovirus as cause of Vegas outbreak Updated: Dec-02-13 4:52 pm
- Column: Youth football could lose the numbers game Updated: Nov-20-13 11:17 am
- NYC lawmaker pushes for age limit in youth FB Updated: Nov-15-13 3:04 am
- DA: Philly football coach abused 2 young boys Updated: Nov-14-13 5:21 pm
- Nevada youth football coaches apologize for fight Updated: Nov-10-13 5:48 pm
LAS VEGAS - Five Las Vegas-area high schools are being sanitized after norovirus broke out among people using the facilities last week for a youth football tournament.
LAS VEGAS - An outbreak that sent about 28 people to the emergency room during a youth football tournament in Las Vegas was caused by norovirus, health officials said Monday.
The deaths of 19 football players in a single season precipitated a national crisis in 1905, an event Doris Kearns Goodwin touches on in a new biography of president Teddy Roosevelt. There were 28 reported deaths some seven decades later, when James Michener created a stir with "Sports in America."
ALBANY, New York - A state lawmaker from metropolitan New York City is still pressing his effort to enact a ban on youth tackle football.
PHILADELPHIA - The Philadelphia district attorney has charged a youth football coach with raping a young boy and sexually molesting his brother, and is asking that other potential victims come forward.
RENO, Nevada - Two Nevada youth football coaches have apologized for taking part in a bloody fistfight in front of dozens of players and parents after a game last year.