- New SAT: What will those questions look like? Updated: Apr-16-14 3:43 pm
- Alicia Silverstone out with book 'Kind Mama' Updated: Apr-16-14 1:13 pm
- Federer would skip tennis to be with wife, newborn Updated: Apr-16-14 12:06 pm
- Dress codes: Where should schools set limits? Updated: Apr-16-14 7:22 am
- Judge considers staying Ohio gay marriage ruling Updated: Apr-15-14 4:13 pm
- Special julep cups offered to support Old Friends Updated: Apr-15-14 4:07 am
- NC LGBT group to hold rally over tax filing policy Updated: Apr-15-14 4:05 am
- Brothers' wild pitch in 8th costs Rockies Updated: Apr-15-14 3:26 am
- Hawaii, Bali form sister state relationship Updated: Apr-15-14 1:17 am
- McCord defends single-mom message in Pa. campaign Updated: Apr-14-14 7:20 pm
- Pro sports becoming more open to paternity leave Updated: Apr-14-14 10:23 am
- Ga. parents: GM knew of defect in daughter's car Updated: Apr-12-14 6:43 pm
- Engaged pair, teen athlete among dead in bus crash Updated: Apr-12-14 6:21 pm
- Man, stepdaughter die in Anderson County incidents Updated: Apr-12-14 9:34 am
- UN conference provokes heated gay rights debate Updated: Apr-11-14 6:52 pm
- Probe of alleged pimping targets French website Updated: Apr-11-14 11:13 am
- Missouri brothers meet after 60 year separation Updated: Apr-11-14 10:24 am
- Court rules on ending parental rights for inmates Updated: Apr-11-14 4:32 am
- Policy on weddings at Ohio statehouse under review Updated: Apr-10-14 10:36 pm
- Free online course helps parents of teen drivers Updated: Apr-10-14 8:46 pm
- Judge: Ind. must recognize 1 gay couple's marriage Updated: Apr-10-14 5:04 pm
- Same-sex couples plan filing NC taxes as married Updated: Apr-10-14 1:57 pm
- State intervenes to halt same-sex adoptions Updated: Apr-10-14 1:11 pm
- 2 nations leading jet search have turbulent past Updated: Apr-10-14 10:17 am
- Wyoming urges judge to dismiss gay marriage suit Updated: Apr-09-14 7:07 pm
WASHINGTON - Calculate the foreign exchange rate a vacationing American would pay in India. Estimate from a random sample the number of 18- to 34-year olds who voted for a candidate. These are sample questions from the newly redesigned SAT, which aims for more real-world applications and analysis from students.
NEW YORK - She's famous as an actress for "Clueless." But Alicia Silverstone is also famous for her sometimes controversial ideas about mothering, and now she's put those philosophies down in writing in a just-published book, "The Kind Mama" (Rodale).
MONACO - Roger Federer is prepared to skip tournaments - including possibly the French Open - to be with his wife when she gives birth again.
EVANSTON, Illinois - They're called leggings - popular fashion items that are tight-fitting pants to some, and glorified tights to others.
CINCINNATI - Attorneys for the state of Ohio asked a federal judge Tuesday to stay his decision ordering the state to recognize the marriages of same-sex couples performed in other states, a request the judge said he was inclined to grant.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Woodford Reserve is selling special mint julep cups to raise money for an organization that takes care of retired thoroughbreds.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina's largest LGBT advocacy group is holding a rally to protest a new state tax policy regarding same-sex couples.
SAN DIEGO - Rex Brothers has been in tough spots before, but it's likely the Colorado Rockies' pitcher has ever lost a game like this.
HONOLULU - Hawaii and the Indonesian province of Bali on Monday took a step toward forging closer ties by becoming sister states.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Democratic gubernatorial candidate Rob McCord insisted Monday that he has not ignored his stepfather's role in raising him but rather that he is emphasizing that being raised for a time by a single mother familiarized him with financial insecurity.
Tony Perez was on the road with the Cincinnati Reds in 1966 when he got the call that his first child was on the way. There was no discussion about leaving the team to attend Victor's birth, no such thing as paternity leave.
ATLANTA - Parents of a Georgia teenager who suffered a severe brain injury in a 2009 car crash say General Motors knew of a defect in her car but took steps to conceal it.
LOS ANGELES - Five high school students and three chaperones have been confirmed dead or are unaccounted for after a charter bus heading to Humboldt State University was struck by a FedEx tractor-trailer in Northern California. The bus and big rig drivers were killed, but their identities have not been released.
ANDERSON, South Carolina - The Anderson County corner says a man found dead in a vehicle near Interstate 85 was related to a woman found dead in a burned-out vehicle earlier this month.
UNITED NATIONS - Many countries at this week's U.N. population conference are objecting to the idea of enshrining the right of women to make their own sexual decisions, fearing it would tacitly condone same-sex relationships, the U.N. population chief said.
PARIS - French prosecutors are examining whether an online dating site called sugardaddy.fr, which seeks to connect older men with younger women, is actually pimping.
FULTON, Missouri - After six decades of separation, two brothers' journeys for their biological families ended this week.
PHOENIX - An Arizona appellate court says judges have leeway in determining whether the length of a parent's incarceration justifies terminating parental rights.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A committee will review a policy that now prevents same-sex couples and others without valid Ohio wedding licenses from renting the Ohio Statehouse and its grounds for weddings and receptions.
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Colorado transportation officials are pointing parents to an online resource aimed at limiting the risks associated with teen driving.
INDIANAPOLIS - A federal judge ordered Indiana on Thursday to recognize the out-of-state marriage of a gay couple before one of the women dies of cancer. The decision, specific to the couple, doesn't affect other lawsuits challenging Indiana's ban on same-sex marriages.
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - Gay and lesbian activists are protesting North Carolina's ban against same-sex marriage as they file their income tax statements.
SALT LAKE CITY - The Utah Attorney General is asking a state appeals court to block two adoptions recently approved for same-sex couples.
CANBERRA, Australia - The leaders of Malaysia and Australia have used warm and glowing terms to assure the world that their partnership in the desperate hunt for a missing airliner is built on a firm and abiding friendship. But it's also an odd-couple relationship that has proved brittle in the past and has been blighted by hostility, rivalries and cultural misunderstandings.
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - The state of Wyoming has asked a district judge to dismiss a lawsuit filed by four gay couples and a gay-rights advocacy group seeking to force the state to recognize gay marriage.