- Pensacola approves domestic partnership registry Updated: Dec-13-13 1:52 pm
- Catholic school fires gay teacher, drawing protest Updated: Dec-13-13 10:59 am
- Croatian govt proposes new rights for gays Updated: Dec-12-13 8:40 am
- India government likely to review anti-gay sex law Updated: Dec-12-13 8:20 am
- Australian court rejects law allowing gay marriage Updated: Dec-12-13 12:50 am
- Cheney's daughter boosting Ind. amendment foes Updated: Dec-11-13 7:28 pm
- FDA takes steps to phase out antibiotics in meat Updated: Dec-11-13 3:16 pm
- Gift Guide: Do homework when buying tablet for kid Updated: Dec-11-13 1:42 pm
- Group wants Fisher Price iPad seat recall Updated: Dec-10-13 11:25 pm
- Parnell doesn't see action on same-sex marriage Updated: Dec-10-13 8:50 pm
- Liam, Sophia most popular baby names in Washington Updated: Dec-10-13 3:56 pm
- Complaint against Nebraska judge rejected Updated: Dec-10-13 3:55 pm
- Over 700 same-sex couples wed in NJ in 7 weeks Updated: Dec-10-13 2:48 pm
- UK to hold first same-sex weddings on March 29 Updated: Dec-10-13 11:01 am
- Homebuilder Toll Brothers' fiscal 4Q profit drops Updated: Dec-10-13 8:13 am
- Study: Erratic TV violence ratings fail parents Updated: Dec-09-13 8:41 am
- Gay partner benefits growing at Fortune 500 firms Updated: Dec-08-13 3:22 pm
- NJ Gov. Christie stumps for Otter in N. Idaho Updated: Dec-07-13 4:23 pm
- Judge orders Colo. cake-maker to serve gay couples Updated: Dec-06-13 6:38 pm
- Students in Libya say slain teacher inspired them Updated: Dec-06-13 10:50 am
- Tony Stewart wins prestigious Myers Brothers award Updated: Dec-05-13 6:58 pm
- Gay weddings 17 percent of Washington marriages Updated: Dec-05-13 5:37 pm
- National Guard sites to take same-sex benefit form Updated: Dec-05-13 4:22 pm
- DA: Pa. woman gambled away stepson's inheritance Updated: Dec-05-13 6:35 am
- Judge hears arguments on Utah's gay marriage ban Updated: Dec-05-13 3:07 am
PENSACOLA, Florida - Pensacola has become the latest Florida city to establish a domestic partnership registry.
PHILADELPHIA - Administrators at a Roman Catholic high school suffered a sharp and swift backlash this week after firing a well-liked teacher who sought to marry his same-sex partner.
ZAGREB, Croatia - Less than two weeks after Croatians voted to ban gay marriage, their government has proposed granting same-sex couples new legal rights.
NEW DELHI - India's law minister said Thursday that the government has not abandoned efforts to make homosexuality legal, and that the country must take swift action to challenge a Supreme Court decision banning same-sex relations.
SYDNEY - Australia's highest court struck down a landmark law on Thursday that had begun allowing the country's first gay marriages, shattering the dreams of more than two dozen same-sex newlyweds whose marriages will now be annulled less than a week after their weddings.
INDIANAPOLIS - Mary Cheney, the daughter of former Vice President Dick Cheney, on Wednesday rallied opponents of an effort to write Indiana's gay marriage ban into the state constitution.
WASHINGTON - Citing a potential threat to public health, the Food and Drug Administration is taking steps toward phasing out the use of some antibiotics in animals processed for meat.
NEW YORK - Tablet computers are expected to top many kids' holiday lists, but parents need to do their homework first.
WASHINGTON - Ahh, the first year of a baby's life - learning to sit up, crawl, even walk. But how about playtime in a baby seat with an iPad and some cool apps?
JUNEAU, Alaska - Gov. Sean Parnell says he doesn't see the state Legislature taking up the issue of same-sex marriage anytime soon.
OLYMPIA, Washington - Liam was the most-popular name for boys born in Washington last year and Sophia was the top name for girls.
OMAHA, Nebraska - A state commission that oversees judges will not investigate a district judge who told a 16-year-old state ward who was seeking an abortion that doing so would "kill the child inside you."
TRENTON, New Jersey - More than 700 same-sex couples have gotten married or renewed their vows in New Jersey the first 47 days the state allowed gay nuptials.
LONDON - Save the date: The British government announced Tuesday that the country's first same-sex weddings can be held on Saturday, March 29.
HORSHAM, Pennsylvania - Toll Brothers Inc.'s fiscal fourth-quarter earnings sank compared with last year, when a big income tax benefit inflated results, but the luxury homebuilder expects both revenue growth and increasing profitability in fiscal 2014.
LOS ANGELES - Violent dramas on the broadcast networks carry milder parental cautions than cable shows like "The Walking Dead" but can equal them in graphic gore, a failure of the TV ratings system, a new study found.
SAN FRANCISCO - Corporate support for gay and transgender rights is reaching workers in new corners of the country and economy six months after the U.S. Supreme Court struck down the federal Defense of Marriage Act, according to a new report card from the nation's largest LGBT advocacy group.
COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has endorsed Idaho Gov. C.L. "Butch" Otter for a third term at a Republican Party campaign fundraising event in northern Idaho.
DENVER - A baker who refused to make a wedding cake for a same-sex ceremony must serve gay couples despite his religious beliefs or face fines, a judge said Friday.
TRIPOLI, Libya - An American chemistry teacher shot to death while jogging in Benghazi was looking forward to his first Christmas in the United States with his wife and toddler son.
LAS VEGAS - Tony Stewart thought he was making a whirlwind trip to Las Vegas to play the role of supportive team owner.
SEATTLE - Gay weddings made up 17 percent of marriages in Washington this past year, the first year gay marriages were legal in the state, state officials reported Wednesday.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana National Guard personnel seeking benefits for same-sex spouses will have an easier time filing the requests, despite a state refusal to let its workers process the paperwork because of Louisiana's ban on gay marriage.
BENSALEM, Pennsylvania - An eastern Pennsylvania woman has been ordered to stand trial on charges she gambled away more than $100,000 of her stepson's $150,000 inheritance - which he didn't even know was his.
SALT LAKE CITY - A federal judge says he'll do his best to rule by early next year on a legal challenge to a same-sex marriage ban in Utah, after an attorney called for an end to the prohibition by arguing that the precedent has been set by the U.S. Supreme Court and discrimination has gone on long enough.