- Alcohol takes Nashville teen to bottom and back Updated: Mar-08-14 3:34 pm
- Outpouring of affection for lonely Michigan boy Updated: Mar-07-14 7:16 pm
- Obama to promote education agenda at Miami school Updated: Mar-07-14 2:17 pm
- Park named for couple with record-setting marriage Updated: Mar-07-14 6:26 am
- Girl Scouts asked to end partnership with Barbie Updated: Mar-06-14 3:30 pm
- Making maple syrup like great-grandfather did Updated: Mar-06-14 2:07 pm
- Australian parents shocked as son caged in Egypt Updated: Mar-06-14 4:23 am
- Lawsuit by 4 couples seeks Wyoming gay marriage Updated: Mar-05-14 9:11 pm
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional Updated: Mar-05-14 6:36 pm
- First lady to host 3rd kids' recipe challenge Updated: Mar-05-14 1:40 pm
- High court sides with parent who fled with child Updated: Mar-05-14 11:21 am
- County clerks can issue licenses to gay couples Updated: Mar-04-14 8:56 pm
- NJ teen suing parents won't get immediate support Updated: Mar-04-14 7:18 pm
- State: Cab driver violated lesbian couple's rights Updated: Mar-04-14 6:11 pm
- Kentucky's top Democrats divided by gay marriage Updated: Mar-04-14 6:07 pm
- Lawmakers press admin, again, on pot rules Updated: Mar-04-14 3:41 pm
- Kerry visits new granddaughter on way to Ukraine Updated: Mar-03-14 10:22 pm
- SD panel endorses broadening domestic abuse law Updated: Mar-03-14 4:30 pm
- Conservatives support Idaho marriage law Updated: Mar-03-14 3:23 pm
- Fla. couple buried together after 71 year marriage Updated: Mar-03-14 6:28 am
- 3 brothers serve Highway Patrol in western NC Updated: Mar-03-14 6:22 am
- Parents encouraged to register kids in SDCHIP Updated: Mar-03-14 5:19 am
- Obamas attend dance recital for daughter Sasha Updated: Mar-01-14 9:32 pm
- Man adopted in Ky. by member of same-sex couple Updated: Mar-01-14 12:46 pm
- Judge grants 21-day delay on same-sex marriages Updated: Feb-28-14 6:58 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The parents sensed something amiss when their teen daughter went to school three days in a row wearing the same clothes - hair uncombed - to start her senior year.
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - When a Michigan boy told his mother he didn't want an 11th birthday party because he had no friends to invite, she created a Facebook page to ask for well-wishes - and the response was overwhelming.
HOMESTEAD, Florida - President Barack Obama is beginning a new effort to help students take the first step toward getting college educations.
LAS VEGAS - A Nevada couple whose 79-year marriage was at one point named the longest in the world now has a park named in their honor.
NEW YORK - America's top doll, Barbie, finds herself in controversy once again, this time over a business partnership between her manufacturer, Mattel, and the Girl Scouts.
CORRY, Pennsylvania - Turning right onto the first dirt road after the "four-way" and then left onto the next dirt road is not how you'd expect to get to one of Pennsylvania's most exclusive restaurants.
BRISBANE, Australia - The parents of an Australian journalist jailed in Egypt said Thursday they were haunted and depressed by images of their son caged in a Cairo courtroom.
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Four gay couples and a gay rights advocacy group sued Gov. Matt Mead and other officials Wednesday in an attempt to get Wyoming to recognize gay marriage.
WASHINGTON - Essay optional. No penalties for wrong answers. The SAT college entrance exam is undergoing sweeping revisions.
WASHINGTON - Michelle Obama is working again with Epicurious and the departments of Education and Agriculture on a third nationwide recipe contest to promote healthy eating among kids.
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court has made it harder for a parent in a custody dispute to seek the immediate return of a child under an international treaty to deter child abduction.
CHICAGO - Attorney General Lisa Madigan on Tuesday told an Illinois county clerk that he and others around the state have the right to immediately issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples.
MORRISTOWN, New Jersey - A northern New Jersey honor student who has sued to get her parents to support her after she moved out of their home had her initial request denied Tuesday by a judge who cautioned that the case could lead to a "potentially slippery slope" of claims by teenagers against their parents.
PORTLAND, Oregon - A Portland cab driver violated the rights of a lesbian couple he left on the side of a freeway last summer, state regulators said Tuesday.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Two of Kentucky's top Democrats split sharply Tuesday over same-sex marriage, with Gov. Steve Beshear saying outside lawyers will be hired to appeal a decision granting recognition to gay couples married in other states after the attorney general announced he would not pursue the case.
WASHINGTON - A senior U.S. drug enforcement official urged Congress and others Tuesday not to abandon scientific concerns over marijuana in favor of public opinion to legalize it, even as the Obama administration takes a hands-off approach in states where voters have made legal its sale and use.
NEW YORK - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry has taken a quick time out for some baby talk as he heads overseas to deliver a strong diplomatic message of U.S. support for Ukraine's government against a Russian military incursion.
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota should join the majority of other states by expanding its domestic abuse laws to cover couples who are dating but don't live together, a legislative panel decided Monday.
BOISE, Idaho - The federal government cannot force Idaho to change its definition of marriage as the union of one man and one woman, the conservative Cornerstone Family Council of Idaho contends in a recent court filing.
FORT MEADE, Florida - A central Florida couple married for 71 years died just days apart.
FOREST CITY, North Carolina - While many siblings and relatives work in law enforcement together, none share a working relationship quite like the Horton brothers, who are all troopers with the North Carolina Highway Patrol and assigned to Rutherford County.
PIERRE, South Dakota - Officials will be in Sturgis this week to encourage parents to register their kids in a comprehensive child identification program.
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - A Kentucky judge has finalized the adoption of a 28-year-old man by a woman who was legally married to his mother in Massachusetts, the first step-parent adoption by a member of a same-sex couple in Fayette County and possibly the state following a federal court ruling.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Kentucky has until March 20 to implement an order granting legal recognition to same-sex couples married in other states or countries, a federal judge ruled Friday.