- Appeals court affirms conviction of woman in hot sauce case Updated: Jul-31-15 6:23 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - An Alaska appeals court has affirmed the conviction of an Anchorage woman whom prosecutors said used a videotape of herself punishing her son to get on the "Dr. Phil" show.
- Kansas won't prevent singles from being foster parents Updated: Jul-31-15 5:29 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas won't bar single people from serving as foster parents for abused and neglected children but hasn't decided whether to allow married same-sex couples to do so, an official said Friday.
- Facebook's Zuckerberg and wife are expecting a daughter Updated: Jul-31-15 2:45 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg and his pediatrician wife, Priscilla Chan, are expecting a baby.
- Once a sideshow, now old, former preemies praise bold doctor Updated: Jul-31-15 1:44 am
LONG BEACH, New York - At age 95, Lucille Horn often reflects on her long, full life, with a husband and five children, and how it might not have happened if not for the renegade doctor who put her in a Coney Island sideshow when she was just days old.
- Fluoride debate hits Colorado's largest water utility Updated: Jul-30-15 10:04 pm
DENVER - Colorado's largest supplier of public drinking water is in the midst of a debate over how much fluoride - if any - to put into its delivery system after the federal government announced new standards in April.
- Parents give daughter, 5, visual bucket list after diagnosis Updated: Jul-30-15 7:13 pm
BELLVILLE, Ohio - The parents of a 5-year-old in central Ohio have created a visual bucket list for their daughter after she was diagnosed with a condition that will eventually cause her to go blind.
- Alabama sheriff's office probes student-teacher relationship Updated: Jul-29-15 6:49 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Tuscaloosa County sheriff's officials say they're investigating allegations of an inappropriate student-teacher relationship.
- Lessons learned from traveling with baby on Puerto Rico trip Updated: Jul-29-15 6:15 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - We were in paradise, surrounded by lush trees and waterfalls in El Yunque rainforest.
- Red Bulls sign Wright-Phillips, brother of team's top scorer Updated: Jul-28-15 5:35 pm
HARRISON, New Jersey - As fate would have it, the wedding of Bradley and Leanne Wright-Phillips turned out to be a blessing for the New York Red Bulls organization.
- Skin doctors urge under-18 ban on tanning beds Updated: Jul-28-15 5:20 pm
BOSTON - Dermatologists who treat skin cancer patients urged state lawmakers on Tuesday to approve a bill that would bar anyone under age 18 from using tanning beds, but salon owners accused critics of overstating the risks.
- Only 40 gay couples apply to be married in SD in first month Updated: Jul-28-15 5:19 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Forty gay couples in South Dakota applied to be married during the first month following a landmark U.S. Supreme Court decision that legalized such unions across the country, according to data provided by the state Department of Health.
- Colorado history class review leads to recall effort Updated: Jul-28-15 4:32 pm
GOLDEN, Colorado - Critics of a suburban Denver school board that considered reviewing a U.S. history course to emphasize patriotism are turning in signatures to force a recall election for three conservative members responsible for the push.
- About 100 people gather for family reunion at cemetery Updated: Jul-27-15 4:31 pm
MOSCOW, Iowa - An estimated 100 people gathered Saturday at the Kaufmann Family Cemetery in eastern Iowa as part of a full weekend of activities for an annual family reunion.
- Science, technology students challenged at A&M STEM camp Updated: Jul-24-15 7:40 pm
COLLEGE STATION, Texas - The lack of cellphone chargers at this year's Aggie STEM Summer Camp became a real problem for the high school and middle school campers a couple days in.
- Etiquette pros break down Maine diner spat over antsy tot Updated: Jul-24-15 10:16 am
NEW YORK - What went down at Marcy's Diner in Portland, Maine, between the vacationing parents of an antsy toddler and the annoyed, profanity-prone restaurant owner is a case of she said-she said.
- Cosby mural removed amid details of sex, drugging claims Updated: Jul-23-15 11:19 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A Philadelphia mural featuring Bill Cosby has been painted over as new details emerge of his testimony in a sexual-assault lawsuit.
- Cleveland abolishes family benefits for unmarried couples Updated: Jul-23-15 12:47 pm
CLEVELAND - City employees with domestic partners are now expected to marry if they want to continue receiving benefits, officials said.
- Becoming a dad? Expect to gain 3 to 5 pounds, study suggests Updated: Jul-21-15 5:47 pm
NEW YORK - Many men gain a new sense of responsibility and purpose when they become fathers. A new study suggests they also gain 3 to 5 pounds.
- Va. faith-based school drops same-sex marriage hiring ban Updated: Jul-21-15 12:24 pm
HARRISONBURG, Virginia - Eastern Mennonite University says it will no longer discriminate against job prospects who are in same-sex marriages.
- German court nixes payments for stay-at-home parents Updated: Jul-21-15 9:59 am
BERLIN - Germany's highest court has ruled that government funding for stay-at-home parents breaches the country's federal rules.
- Utah won't appeal ruling in same-sex parents case Updated: Jul-20-15 5:17 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah will not appeal a judge's order requiring the state list the names of a lesbian couple on a birth certificate as the mothers of their new baby.
- Goshen College now hiring workers in same-sex relationships Updated: Jul-20-15 5:11 pm
GOSHEN, Indiana - A Mennonite college in northern Indiana will hire people in same-sex relationships and expand benefits to include employees in gay marriages, its governing board announced Monday.
- Clerk prayed over decision to stop issuing marriage licenses Updated: Jul-20-15 3:37 pm
COVINGTON, Kentucky - A local elected official in a small Kentucky county testified Monday she could not issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples because signing the document would signal her approval of a union that violates her religious beliefs.
- Influx of same-sex marriages boon for wedding businesses Updated: Jul-20-15 1:23 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Kansas businesses expect to cash in as the legalization of same-sex marriages leads to an influx of couples planning weddings.
- Canadian-owned infidelity dating site suffers cyber attack Updated: Jul-20-15 12:23 pm
TORONTO - A Canadian-owned dating website for married people seeking affairs says it has suffered a cyberattack after hackers claimed to have stolen confidential customer information, threatening to publish it unless the company is shut down.