- Police: Providence hit-and-run kills 74-year-old grandmother Updated: Nov-30-15 4:44 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Police are investigating after a 74-year-old grandmother was fatally struck by a motorist in a hit-and-run accident in Providence that also injured the woman's granddaughter.
- Attorney compares Kansas sperm donor's plight, gay marriage Updated: Nov-29-15 6:02 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - A Kansas sperm donor's battle to avoid being declared the legal father of a same-sex couple's child has some similarities to the fight for gay marriage, the man's attorney argued in court filings.
- In S. Korea, a town of Kims - and an unusual shared history Updated: Nov-29-15 12:37 am
NONSAN, South Korea - Many of his students are Kims. So are his fellow teachers, an elementary school alumnus and the owners of restaurants and pubs that he patronizes in his small farming village. Lots of Kims in his neighborhood, too. Such is everyday life for Kim Sun Won, who, obviously, is a Kim too.
- Authorities: Lindsay Lohan's stepmother removed from plane Updated: Nov-28-15 5:04 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A coast-to-coast flight was diverted to New Orleans to remove actress Lindsay Lohan's stepmother, authorities said Saturday.
- Obama shops at Washington bookstore, popular frozen pop shop Updated: Nov-28-15 3:51 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama kept up his holiday tradition of supporting small businesses.
- Gay marriage is legal but not on tribal lands Updated: Nov-27-15 5:22 pm
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - Cleo Pablo married her longtime partner when gay weddings became legal in Arizona and looked forward to the day when her wife and their children could move into her home in the small Native American community outside Phoenix where she grew up.
- Couple celebrating 68th anniversary pays same $8 hotel rate Updated: Nov-27-15 2:23 pm
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - Ever wonder what you could do to get a room in a AAA four-diamond hotel, in downtown Greenville, for less than $10 a night?
- President's oldest daughter among those scoping out colleges Updated: Nov-27-15 10:43 am
WASHINGTON - Michelle Obama's message for high school seniors fretting about their college prospects is simple.
- Mystery surrounds Lockport brothers' deaths Updated: Nov-27-15 8:49 am
LOCKPORT, Kentucky - Kentucky State Police are investigating what killed two Lockport brothers and left a third incapacitated and very ill.
- Embrace Grace program helps single moms celebrate life Updated: Nov-26-15 1:42 pm
GILLETTE, Wyoming - A little blue dot can turn out to be one of the greatest gifts in a woman's life - even if it's scary at first.
- Teen moms and dads get a leg up with outreach's help Updated: Nov-26-15 9:44 am
FREDERICKSBURG, Virginia - Joan Gillis keeps a glossy graduation announcement in her office. The card features a photo of a teen in a bright blue cap and gown kissing a baby.
- Marshall brothers add turkey to Georgia-Ga Tech rivalry Updated: Nov-24-15 4:28 pm
ATHENS, Georgia - The Georgia-Georgia Tech rivalry this year will feature a Thanksgiving feast that brings opposing players to the same dinner table.
- Suit seeks to restore parental rights in lost baby case Updated: Nov-24-15 2:18 pm
ST. LOUIS - Fifty years after a St. Louis gospel singer said she was told that her daughter died at birth - a claim disputed by authorities - and months after the 76-year-old woman learned that her daughter was still alive, a judge is being asked to restore the birth mother's parental rights.
- Texas seeking delay in Supreme Court immigration case Updated: Nov-23-15 5:51 pm
WASHINGTON - Texas asked the Supreme Court Monday for more time to answer the Obama administration's immigration appeal, a delay that probably would prevent the plan to shield millions of immigrants from deportation from taking effect during Barack Obama's presidency.
- Life imitates art for 'Creed' director Ryan Coogler Updated: Nov-23-15 3:18 pm
LOS ANGELES - "Fruitvale Station" writer-director Ryan Coogler is sending a love letter to his father in the form of the latest "Rocky" film.
- Venue owners appeal fine for denying lesbian couple wedding Updated: Nov-23-15 12:46 pm
ALBANY, New York - Owners of a wedding venue who were fined $13,000 for violating the state's anti-discrimination law argued Monday that they should be legally allowed to follow their Christian faith.
- Rush for gay couples to marry in Montana declines Updated: Nov-22-15 5:47 pm
GREAT FALLS, Montana - The initial rush for gay couples to marry in Montana has declined after 436 couples married during the first year since the state's marriage ban ended, but couples say they're happy with the changes that have made their lives easier.
- Stories of those who died in the Paris attacks Updated: Nov-20-15 9:17 pm
They were artists and students, music lovers, parents and newlyweds. The victims of last week's attacks in Paris had varied backgrounds and interests. Among the 130 killed in the attacks, here are some of their stories:
- Zuckerberg to take 2 months of paternity leave Updated: Nov-20-15 7:33 pm
MENLO PARK, California - Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg said Friday he's planning on taking two months of paternity leave when his daughter is born.
- Court: Mom brought kids, 3 and 2, to priest for exorcism Updated: Nov-20-15 1:27 pm
NEW BRUNSWICK, New Jersey - An appeals court upheld stripping parental rights from a New Jersey couple after a long series of damaging behavior, including when the mother took the children to a priest for an exorcism while the father was in prison.
- Portugal allows same-sex adoption, artificial insemination Updated: Nov-20-15 8:43 am
LISBON, Portugal - Portugal's Parliament has approved laws allowing same-sex couples to legally adopt children and permitting lesbians to obtain medically assisted fertilization.
- Siblings honored for saving boy's life at Rapid City hotel Updated: Nov-20-15 8:18 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A Rapid City Regional Hospital nurse and her brother have been honored for saving a boy's life.
- Film shows interracial pair's battle for the right to marry Updated: Nov-20-15 3:52 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Vintage cars lined the Virginia drag racing track where men and women wearing high-waisted pants and long skirts waited eagerly for popcorn at the concession stand and children darted in and out of the crowd. But as soon as the movie director yelled "cut," the actors relaxed, chatted and pulled on coats to stay warm in between shots on a cold, rainy afternoon.
- Congress finally close to vote on new education law Updated: Nov-19-15 8:31 pm
WASHINGTON - Congress is finally close to a vote to rewrite the outdated and highly criticized No Child Left Behind education law.
- Move over Emma, there's a new most popular baby name Updated: Nov-19-15 3:55 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Move over, Emma. There's a new most popular baby name in Wisconsin.