- UK to hold first same-sex weddings on March 29 Updated: Dec-10-13 11:01 am
- Homebuilder Toll Brothers' fiscal 4Q profit drops Updated: Dec-10-13 8:13 am
- Study: Erratic TV violence ratings fail parents Updated: Dec-09-13 8:41 am
- Gay partner benefits growing at Fortune 500 firms Updated: Dec-08-13 3:22 pm
- First Australian gay weddings held in capital city Updated: Dec-07-13 7:29 pm
- NJ Gov. Christie stumps for Otter in N. Idaho Updated: Dec-07-13 4:23 pm
- Judge orders Colo. cake-maker to serve gay couples Updated: Dec-06-13 6:38 pm
- Students in Libya say slain teacher inspired them Updated: Dec-06-13 10:50 am
- Tony Stewart wins prestigious Myers Brothers award Updated: Dec-05-13 6:58 pm
- Gay weddings 17 percent of Washington marriages Updated: Dec-05-13 5:37 pm
- National Guard sites to take same-sex benefit form Updated: Dec-05-13 4:22 pm
- DA: Pa. woman gambled away stepson's inheritance Updated: Dec-05-13 6:35 am
- Judge hears arguments on Utah's gay marriage ban Updated: Dec-05-13 3:07 am
- Buddy bench at Pa. school helps foster friendships Updated: Dec-04-13 9:49 pm
- Tech gurus help boost speedy Internet in schools Updated: Dec-04-13 7:41 pm
- Judge weighs merits of Utah's gay marriage ban Updated: Dec-04-13 7:10 pm
- Okla. Guard: Benefit change causes little turmoil Updated: Dec-04-13 6:16 pm
- Fertility drugs lead to more big multiple births Updated: Dec-04-13 5:19 pm
- Fatherhood inspired 1 of Paul Walker's final roles Updated: Dec-03-13 6:46 pm
- Father of dead infant denied reduction in bond Updated: Dec-03-13 3:48 pm
- Gay weddings become reality in Hawaii with new law Updated: Dec-02-13 11:01 pm
- Diane Lane and Josh Brolin's divorce finalized Updated: Dec-02-13 7:28 pm
- Pa. court clerk defends gay-marriage licenses Updated: Dec-02-13 5:11 pm
- Fertility doctors aim to lower rate of twin births Updated: Dec-02-13 4:56 pm
- Miss. judge refuses to grant gay couple's divorce Updated: Dec-02-13 4:32 pm
LONDON - Save the date: The British government announced Tuesday that the country's first same-sex weddings can be held on Saturday, March 29.
HORSHAM, Pennsylvania - Toll Brothers Inc.'s fiscal fourth-quarter earnings sank compared with last year, when a big income tax benefit inflated results, but the luxury homebuilder expects both revenue growth and increasing profitability in fiscal 2014.
LOS ANGELES - Violent dramas on the broadcast networks carry milder parental cautions than cable shows like "The Walking Dead" but can equal them in graphic gore, a failure of the TV ratings system, a new study found.
SAN FRANCISCO - Corporate support for gay and transgender rights is reaching workers in new corners of the country and economy six months after the U.S. Supreme Court struck down the federal Defense of Marriage Act, according to a new report card from the nation's largest LGBT advocacy group.
CANBERRA, Australia - Gay and lesbian couples from around Australia joined in fragile marriages in Canberra on Saturday under the nation's beleaguered same-sex union laws that face a challenge in the courts within a week.
COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has endorsed Idaho Gov. C.L. "Butch" Otter for a third term at a Republican Party campaign fundraising event in northern Idaho.
DENVER - A baker who refused to make a wedding cake for a same-sex ceremony must serve gay couples despite his religious beliefs or face fines, a judge said Friday.
TRIPOLI, Libya - An American chemistry teacher shot to death while jogging in Benghazi was looking forward to his first Christmas in the United States with his wife and toddler son.
LAS VEGAS - Tony Stewart thought he was making a whirlwind trip to Las Vegas to play the role of supportive team owner.
SEATTLE - Gay weddings made up 17 percent of marriages in Washington this past year, the first year gay marriages were legal in the state, state officials reported Wednesday.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana National Guard personnel seeking benefits for same-sex spouses will have an easier time filing the requests, despite a state refusal to let its workers process the paperwork because of Louisiana's ban on gay marriage.
BENSALEM, Pennsylvania - An eastern Pennsylvania woman has been ordered to stand trial on charges she gambled away more than $100,000 of her stepson's $150,000 inheritance - which he didn't even know was his.
SALT LAKE CITY - A federal judge says he'll do his best to rule by early next year on a legal challenge to a same-sex marriage ban in Utah, after an attorney called for an end to the prohibition by arguing that the precedent has been set by the U.S. Supreme Court and discrimination has gone on long enough.
YORK, Pennsylvania - A central Pennsylvania second-grader has come up with a great idea for kids at his school: a buddy bench.
ARLINGTON, Virginia - Needed to keep a school building running these days: Water, electricity - and broadband.
SALT LAKE CITY - A federal judge should strike down Utah's same-sex marriage ban because the precedent has been set by the U.S. Supreme Court and discrimination has gone on long enough, an attorney for three gay couples challenging the 2004 voter-passed law argued Wednesday.
OKLAHOMA CITY - Nearly a month after a directive by Gov. Mary Fallin changed the way the Oklahoma National Guard handles marriage benefits, Guard officials say the change has caused little disruption.
Triplets-and-more increasingly are the result of drugs given to women to make them produce eggs - not from using multiple embryos from IVF, or lab-dish fertilization, new research shows.
LOS ANGELES - Before his death, "Fast & Furious" star Paul Walker was drawing parallels between his real-life role as dad to 15-year-old daughter Meadow and his part as an unexpected father to a newborn baby in the upcoming Hurricane Katrina drama "Hours."
EL PASO, Texas - A West Texas judge has denied a reduction in bond for the father of a baby whose body was found buried in the New Mexico desert.
HONOLULU - Retired professors Rod Powell and Bob Eddinger have been partners in life since they met at the University of Hawaii in 1977. On Monday, they joined in marriage on the first day their home state allowed same-sex couples to form such unions.
LOS ANGELES - A Los Angeles judge has finalized Diane Lane and Josh Brolin's divorce.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A suburban Philadelphia court clerk who defied Pennsylvania's ban on same-sex marriage by signing licenses for scores of gay couples urged the state's highest court Monday to overturn an order that required him to stop.
BOSTON - In the five years since the "Octomom" case, big multiple births have gone way down but the twin rate has barely budged. Now fertility experts are pushing a new goal: One.
JACKSON, Mississippi - A Mississippi judge on Monday refused to grant a divorce to a lesbian couple who got married in California, saying the marriage wasn't recognized under state law, according to the woman who filed and her lawyer.