- Smith brothers to meet in playoffs for 1st time Updated: Apr-18-14 3:35 am
- Michelle Obama: High school diploma is not enough Updated: Apr-18-14 3:20 am
- Campaign agency considers fines for 2 GOP brothers Updated: Apr-17-14 7:52 pm
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child Updated: Apr-17-14 4:59 pm
- Obama says wounded bikers are an inspiration Updated: Apr-17-14 12:09 pm
- New SAT: What will those questions look like? Updated: Apr-16-14 3:43 pm
- Alicia Silverstone out with book 'Kind Mama' Updated: Apr-16-14 1:13 pm
- Federer would skip tennis to be with wife, newborn Updated: Apr-16-14 12:06 pm
- Dress codes: Where should schools set limits? Updated: Apr-16-14 7:22 am
- Judge considers staying Ohio gay marriage ruling Updated: Apr-15-14 4:13 pm
- Special julep cups offered to support Old Friends Updated: Apr-15-14 4:07 am
- NC LGBT group to hold rally over tax filing policy Updated: Apr-15-14 4:05 am
- Hawaii, Bali form sister state relationship Updated: Apr-15-14 1:17 am
- McCord defends single-mom message in Pa. campaign Updated: Apr-14-14 7:20 pm
- Pro sports becoming more open to paternity leave Updated: Apr-14-14 10:23 am
- Ga. parents: GM knew of defect in daughter's car Updated: Apr-12-14 6:43 pm
- Engaged pair, teen athlete among dead in bus crash Updated: Apr-12-14 6:21 pm
- Man, stepdaughter die in Anderson County incidents Updated: Apr-12-14 9:34 am
- UN conference provokes heated gay rights debate Updated: Apr-11-14 6:52 pm
- Probe of alleged pimping targets French website Updated: Apr-11-14 11:13 am
- Missouri brothers meet after 60 year separation Updated: Apr-11-14 10:24 am
- Court rules on ending parental rights for inmates Updated: Apr-11-14 4:32 am
- Policy on weddings at Ohio statehouse under review Updated: Apr-10-14 10:36 pm
- Free online course helps parents of teen drivers Updated: Apr-10-14 8:46 pm
- Judge: Ind. must recognize 1 gay couple's marriage Updated: Apr-10-14 5:04 pm
TORONTO - Growing up in Toronto's Mimico neighborhood, Brendan and Reilly Smith never played organized hockey together. Just everything else.
WASHINGTON - It may be a few years before the first daughters head to college, but Michelle Obama is already brainstorming a dorm room checklist while encouraging high school students to dream big about their education beyond graduation.
SACRAMENTO, California - California's political watchdog agency began considering Thursday whether to fine two brothers for transferring money between their campaigns while both were running for state Assembly in 2008.
WASHINGTON - Chelsea Clinton says she and her husband are expecting their first child later this year.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama says the site of wounded veterans biking at the White House is a mark of how far they've come.
WASHINGTON - Calculate the foreign exchange rate a vacationing American would pay in India. Estimate from a random sample the number of 18- to 34-year olds who voted for a candidate. These are sample questions from the newly redesigned SAT, which aims for more real-world applications and analysis from students.
NEW YORK - She's famous as an actress for "Clueless." But Alicia Silverstone is also famous for her sometimes controversial ideas about mothering, and now she's put those philosophies down in writing in a just-published book, "The Kind Mama" (Rodale).
MONACO - Roger Federer is prepared to skip tournaments - including possibly the French Open - to be with his wife when she gives birth again.
EVANSTON, Illinois - They're called leggings - popular fashion items that are tight-fitting pants to some, and glorified tights to others.
CINCINNATI - Attorneys for the state of Ohio asked a federal judge Tuesday to stay his decision ordering the state to recognize the marriages of same-sex couples performed in other states, a request the judge said he was inclined to grant.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Woodford Reserve is selling special mint julep cups to raise money for an organization that takes care of retired thoroughbreds.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina's largest LGBT advocacy group is holding a rally to protest a new state tax policy regarding same-sex couples.
HONOLULU - Hawaii and the Indonesian province of Bali on Monday took a step toward forging closer ties by becoming sister states.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Democratic gubernatorial candidate Rob McCord insisted Monday that he has not ignored his stepfather's role in raising him but rather that he is emphasizing that being raised for a time by a single mother familiarized him with financial insecurity.
Tony Perez was on the road with the Cincinnati Reds in 1966 when he got the call that his first child was on the way. There was no discussion about leaving the team to attend Victor's birth, no such thing as paternity leave.
ATLANTA - Parents of a Georgia teenager who suffered a severe brain injury in a 2009 car crash say General Motors knew of a defect in her car but took steps to conceal it.
LOS ANGELES - Five high school students and three chaperones have been confirmed dead or are unaccounted for after a charter bus heading to Humboldt State University was struck by a FedEx tractor-trailer in Northern California. The bus and big rig drivers were killed, but their identities have not been released.
ANDERSON, South Carolina - The Anderson County corner says a man found dead in a vehicle near Interstate 85 was related to a woman found dead in a burned-out vehicle earlier this month.
UNITED NATIONS - Many countries at this week's U.N. population conference are objecting to the idea of enshrining the right of women to make their own sexual decisions, fearing it would tacitly condone same-sex relationships, the U.N. population chief said.
PARIS - French prosecutors are examining whether an online dating site called sugardaddy.fr, which seeks to connect older men with younger women, is actually pimping.
FULTON, Missouri - After six decades of separation, two brothers' journeys for their biological families ended this week.
PHOENIX - An Arizona appellate court says judges have leeway in determining whether the length of a parent's incarceration justifies terminating parental rights.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A committee will review a policy that now prevents same-sex couples and others without valid Ohio wedding licenses from renting the Ohio Statehouse and its grounds for weddings and receptions.
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Colorado transportation officials are pointing parents to an online resource aimed at limiting the risks associated with teen driving.
INDIANAPOLIS - A federal judge ordered Indiana on Thursday to recognize the out-of-state marriage of a gay couple before one of the women dies of cancer. The decision, specific to the couple, doesn't affect other lawsuits challenging Indiana's ban on same-sex marriages.