- Abuse survivor begins new life after prison Updated: Apr-30-16 3:01 am
PENSACOLA, Florida - The hard part about meeting Deidre Cox is reconciling the present day version of this gracious woman with the description of the person who was sentenced to prison in 2008 after escaping from a work release program.
- 8 children, 2 tied up in backyard, rescued from Texas home Updated: Apr-29-16 7:33 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - A late-night phone call to police about a crying child led to the discovery of eight children unsupervised at a San Antonio home, including a 2-year-old boy chained in the backyard and a 3-year-old girl tied to a door with a dog leash, authorities said Friday.
- Kansas to text parents who owe child support payments Updated: Apr-29-16 3:55 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Kansas Department for Children and Families officials say it will begin texting parents who owe child support in an effort increase collections.
- Across Arizona, parents name children after Pat Tillman Updated: Apr-29-16 3:33 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - Doctors told Jeff Okrepkie and Stephanie Ottolini not to expect children. Though her cervical cancer had been in remission since 2012, the odds of conception were minimal.
- Unexpected friendship forms in Kansas City hospice Updated: Apr-29-16 2:23 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Jen Moss took to Jody Wooton from the first moments they met.
- Sisters to pay problematic former city manager $100,000 Updated: Apr-29-16 11:24 am
SISTERS, Oregon - Sisters has agreed to pay a former city manager who was the subject of a number of complaints a severance package worth $100,000.
- Yearning for North Korea - the nation they fled Updated: Apr-29-16 5:21 am
INCHEON, South Korea - For much of the world, North Korea is a Stalinist nightmare, an isolated enclave of prison camps, poverty and hunger.
- Priceline CEO resigns after probe into employee relationship Updated: Apr-28-16 1:56 pm
NEW YORK - Online travel booking company Priceline said Thursday that its CEO resigned after he had a personal relationship with an employee.
- Oregon bakery owners file appeal in gay wedding cake case Updated: Apr-28-16 9:28 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Oregon bakery owners who denied service to a same-sex couple are arguing that a state ruling ordering them to pay $135,000 in damages violates state and federal laws.
- Spanish paternity suit involves bullfighting legend Benitez Updated: Apr-28-16 9:09 am
MADRID - A Spanish court held a hearing Thursday into a decades-old paternity dispute over whether two of Spain*s most well-known bullfighters - men who share the same show name "El Cordobes" - are really father and son. Among the evidence, a DNA test that came back 99.9 percent positive.
- Ford, UAW renew relationship with state job safety agency Updated: Apr-26-16 9:02 pm
DEARBORN, Michigan - Ford Motor Co. and the United Auto Workers say they have renewed a relationship with a state workplace safety agency that's helped cut on-the-job injuries and absences.
- Kansas lawmakers reject audit for same-sex discrimination Updated: Apr-26-16 5:17 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas lawmakers have again refused to audit the Department of Children and Families to determine if the agency discriminates against same-sex couples in adoption or foster care cases.
- String Players enjoy friendship, love of music for 16 years Updated: Apr-26-16 4:27 pm
KOKOMO, Indiana - If you arrive to the home of Tim and Gayle Ryberg on a Friday night and hear music, don't bother knocking on the door. Just come inside.
- Warrant: Man wanted in couple's killings tried to cash check Updated: Apr-26-16 1:47 pm
SEATTLE - One of the brothers charged in the presumed killings of a Washington couple tried to cash a check for $96,000 before he went on the run, according to court documents filed Monday.
- Gay couple wins custody battle against Thai surrogate mother Updated: Apr-26-16 6:19 am
BANGKOK - A same-sex American-Spanish couple won a high-profile custody battle Tuesday against a surrogate mother in Thailand who gave birth to their child but then decided she wanted to keep the baby when she found out they were gay.
- Review: Adaptation examines dysfunction of 'The Family Fang' Updated: Apr-26-16 1:29 am
Family dysfunction takes on new meaning in "The Family Fang," a film about a pair of performance artists for whom everything in life is part of the act, and the effects this existence has on their two children.
- Murder-suicide suspected in deaths of Ramsey couple Updated: Apr-25-16 6:33 pm
RAMSEY, Minnesota - Authorities believe the deaths of a married couple in Ramsey were a murder-suicide.
- Report: 52,000 New Mexico youth have had parent imprisoned Updated: Apr-25-16 5:21 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - One in 10 New Mexico youth have had a parent serve time behind bars at some point during their childhood as the state's incarceration rate increased in recent years, a report released Monday said.
- Report: 1 in 10 Oklahoma kids has a parent who served time Updated: Apr-25-16 4:33 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A group that advocates for children says Oklahoma's high incarceration rate has led to one in every 10 children in the state having a parent imprisoned at some point in their lives.
- Michigan ranks high among states with parents in prison Updated: Apr-25-16 3:59 pm
LANSING, Michigan - A foundation is highlighting the number of Michigan children who had a parent behind bars at some point in their lives.
- Report: 135,000 Kentucky kids have had parent in jail Updated: Apr-25-16 1:37 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A new report says Kentucky has the highest percentage of children in the nation who have had a parent in jail.
- Billy Busch offers $1 more than siblings for Grant's Farm Updated: Apr-25-16 10:47 am
ST. LOUIS - Kraftig Brewing Co. founder William K. "Billy" Busch is now offering $1 more than his siblings in his effort to buy Grant's Farm in south St. Louis County.
- NY: Insurers must pay for maternal depression screening Updated: Apr-25-16 10:46 am
ALBANY, New York - New York state will soon require health insurers to cover depression screening for pregnant women and new mothers.
- Report: 135K Kentucky kids have had parent in jail Updated: Apr-25-16 9:55 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A new report has concluded that Kentucky has the highest percentage of children in the nation who have had a parent in jail.
- Ohio couple weds at starting line, then runs half-marathon Updated: Apr-25-16 7:52 am
CANTON, Ohio - This year's Pro Football Hall of Fame Marathon in Ohio will be a race to remember for one couple who married at the starting line before running the event's half-marathon.