- National energy boom blurs political battle lines Updated: Apr-19-14 8:58 am
- Delay won't quell 2014 wrangling over Keystone XL Updated: Apr-19-14 3:46 am
- Appeals court rejects challenge on cement plants Updated: Apr-18-14 2:16 pm
- SD family recognized for conservation efforts Updated: Apr-18-14 5:37 am
- Environmental groups sue to stop Illiana Tollway Updated: Apr-17-14 6:49 pm
- Earth Day being celebrated at Kentucky Dam Village Updated: Apr-17-14 3:34 am
- EPA, NY officials to mark Earth Day Updated: Apr-17-14 3:06 am
- Court rules for environmentalists in water fight Updated: Apr-16-14 10:32 pm
- Environmental groups slam Pa. smog proposal as lax Updated: Apr-16-14 6:22 pm
- Killing of environmental activists rises globally Updated: Apr-14-14 8:13 pm
- Snyder offers plan to boost solid waste recycling Updated: Apr-14-14 11:07 am
- 11 Senate Democrats to Obama: Approve Keystone XL Updated: Apr-10-14 5:37 pm
- Environmental group sues over mine expansion plan Updated: Apr-10-14 1:31 pm
- DNR seeks volunteers for Earth Day projects Updated: Apr-10-14 5:05 am
- Wickliffe Mounds to celebrate Earth Day Updated: Apr-09-14 4:14 am
- NC sides with Duke in appeal of coal ash ruling Updated: Apr-09-14 1:31 am
- Feds face legal action over jaguar protections Updated: Apr-08-14 1:58 pm
- Copper mine project backer drops plans for tunnel Updated: Apr-07-14 3:06 pm
- Mancuso backs Squaw Valley expansion plans Updated: Apr-06-14 9:03 pm
- Writer-environmentalist Peter Matthiessen dies Updated: Apr-05-14 10:11 pm
- Environmental group sues uranium mill operator Updated: Apr-04-14 3:56 pm
- Illinois agency aims to alter coal defender image Updated: Apr-04-14 3:40 pm
- Oregon timber bid motivated by lawsuit threat Updated: Apr-03-14 12:20 pm
- Environmentalists want stricter coal regulations Updated: Apr-02-14 6:16 pm
- Environmental groups sue EPA over haze plan Updated: Apr-02-14 11:16 am
DENVER - The U.S. energy boom is blurring the traditional political battle lines across the country.
WASHINGTON - Democrats sweating this year's elections may be hoping that the Obama administration's latest delay to the proposed Keystone XL pipeline takes a politically fraught issue off the table for the midterms.
WASHINGTON - A federal appeals court on Friday turned aside a challenge by environmental groups to an air pollution standard for cement plants.
PIERRE, South Dakota - Gov. Dennis Daugaard has recognized a South Dakota family for its conservation efforts.
CHICAGO - Chicago environmental groups filed a lawsuit Thursday to stop the proposed $1.3 billion Illiana Tollway linking northern Illinois and northwestern Indiana, claiming the Illinois Department of Transportation doesn't have authority to develop it.
GILBERTSVILLE, Kentucky - Events are planned next week in western Kentucky for the annual Earth Day celebration.
ALBANY, New York - Officials from the Environmental Protection Agency and a state parks official are celebrating Earth Day at an Albany park.
SAN FRANCISCO - An appeals court said Wednesday that federal officials should have consulted wildlife agencies about potential harm to a tiny, threatened fish before issuing contracts for water from the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta.
Environmental groups say Pennsylvania's federally mandated plan to reduce smog would allow coal-fired power plants to emit more pollution than they do now.
BANGKOK - As head of his village, Prajob Naowa-opas battled to save his community in central Thailand from the illegal dumping of toxic waste by filing petitions and leading villagers to block trucks carrying the stuff - until a gunman in broad daylight fired four shots into him.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Gov. Rick Snyder released a plan Monday to boost recycling of household solid waste in Michigan, which lags behind most other states despite once being a trendsetter with its beverage container deposit law.
WASHINGTON - Eleven Senate Democrats, including six who face contested races this year, urged President Barack Obama on Thursday to approve the Keystone XL oil pipeline by the end of May.
HELENA, Montana - An environmental group is suing Montana environmental regulators over a permit allowing the expansion of a gold mining operation near Whitehall without requiring the Canadian company to completely backfill the new open pit after the mining ends.
MADISON, Wisconsin - The state Department of Natural Resources is looking for volunteers to help repair and enhance state properties as part of a three-day Earth Day celebration.
WICKLIFFE, Kentucky - Wickliffe Mounds State Historic Site will celebrate Earth Day with a tree-planting event called Natural Environment Day.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina regulators are joining with Duke Energy in appealing a judge's ruling on cleaning up groundwater pollution leeching from the company's coal ash dumps.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Two environmental groups are threatening to sue the federal government over protections for endangered jaguars in the Southwest.
HELENA, Montana - A mining company dropped plans to dig a mile-long tunnel for a copper development project near the Smith River after two environmental organizations filed a lawsuit challenging the proposal, state environmental regulators said Monday.
OLYMPIC VALLEY, California - The Squaw Valley ski resort's expansion plans have drawn support from four-time Olympic skiing medalist Julia Mancuso but continued criticism from environmentalists.
NEW YORK - Peter Matthiessen, a rich man's son who spurned a life of leisure and embarked on extraordinary physical and spiritual quests while producing such acclaimed books as "The Snow Leopard" and "At Play in the Fields of the Lord," died Saturday. He was 86.
SALT LAKE CITY - An environmental group is suing the operator of a southern Utah uranium mill, alleging it has hiked pollution levels in neighboring communities.
ST. LOUIS - The Illinois Department of Natural Resources, often criticized as advocating for the coal industry, announced a series of reforms this week meant to help repair the agency's image and make it more responsive to the public.
PORTLAND, Oregon - An Oregon company says it bid on land in the Elliott State Forest as a challenge to environmental groups who have promised lawsuits to protect a threatened seabird.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois environmentalists are calling for stricter regulations and better enforcement of existing rules for coal mines.
CASPER, Wyoming - Environmental groups contend that the regional haze plan proposed by the Environmental Protection Agency for Wyoming isn't tough enough.