- Activists arrested in Philly over XL oil pipeline Updated: Mar-10-14 4:22 pm
- Environmentalists fight White River reservoir plan Updated: Mar-10-14 11:38 am
- Oil in Canada concerns Maine environmentalists Updated: Mar-06-14 7:04 pm
- Environmentalists appeal Florida water ruling Updated: Mar-06-14 2:39 pm
- Environmental group sues Ameren over coal plants Updated: Mar-05-14 3:18 pm
- Environmentalists oppose oil pipeline replacement Updated: Mar-05-14 1:02 pm
- Nepal says litterbugs no longer welcome on Everest Updated: Mar-04-14 7:00 am
- Wyoming-based environmental group disbands Updated: Mar-03-14 5:38 pm
- NC groups seek state of emergency over pig virus Updated: Feb-28-14 4:19 pm
- Report: Keystone contractor followed federal rules Updated: Feb-26-14 8:54 pm
- Fla. lawmakers to talk water funding, not policy Updated: Feb-25-14 4:01 pm
- Firms eye Lower Columbia for 2 methanol plants Updated: Feb-23-14 3:44 pm
- Conn. considers ban on natural gas wastewater Updated: Feb-23-14 11:25 am
- San Diego Sierra Club suspended Updated: Feb-22-14 2:16 pm
- NY village appeals ban on fracking water sales Updated: Feb-20-14 4:30 pm
- 2 solar projects approved in California, Nevada Updated: Feb-19-14 3:49 pm
- Environmental groups target Pa. drilling plan Updated: Feb-19-14 1:52 pm
- IOC: Protests at Olympic sites are inappropriate Updated: Feb-19-14 3:20 am
- NM Senate confirms environment secretary Updated: Feb-18-14 7:02 pm
- Kellogg to use environmentally friendly palm oil Updated: Feb-18-14 5:41 pm
- Records: Ohio gov aides knew of pro-drilling plan Updated: Feb-18-14 5:16 pm
- Gay-rights activist detained at Olympic Park Updated: Feb-17-14 4:25 pm
- Minn. deposit fee idea splits environmentalists Updated: Feb-17-14 2:51 pm
- Activist detained in Sochi for one-man picket Updated: Feb-17-14 5:22 am
- Rail oil shipping raises safety concerns in Albany Updated: Feb-16-14 11:58 am
PHILADELPHIA - Dozens of environmentalists blocked entrances to a federal office building on Monday to protest the Keystone XL oil pipeline, and police began arresting them.
ANDERSON, Indiana - Another environmental group has come out against plans for a new seven-mile long reservoir along the White River in central Indiana, citing concerns about damage to Mounds State Park.
PORTLAND, Maine - Environmental groups say a decision by the Canadian National Energy Board shows how a crude oil pipeline could be repurposed to export large amounts of oil through the Maine city of South Portland.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Environmentalists are appealing a federal judge's approval of Florida's water pollution rules.
ST. LOUIS - A national environmental group has made good on its promise to sue a St. Louis-based utility over what it calls thousands of violations of federal clean air laws.
MINNEAPOLIS - Environmentalists say they'll fight Enbridge Inc.'s plan to replace and sharply boost the capacity of a crude oil pipeline from Canada to Wisconsin, saying the project will exacerbate climate change by carrying more tar sands oil to U.S refineries.
KATMANDU, Nepal - Litterbugs, beware: Nepal is making new rules to persuade trekkers to clean up after themselves on Mount Everest, in the hopes of clearing the tons of rubbish now clogging the world's highest peak.
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - One of Wyoming's oldest and most outspoken environmental groups, the Biodiversity Conservation Alliance, is disbanding amid financial difficulties.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A viral outbreak that's affected nearly a third of North Carolina's 3,000 major hog farms has led two environmental groups to seek a state of emergency declaration.
WASHINGTON - A consulting firm that helped write an environmental review of the proposed Keystone XL oil pipeline complied with federal rules regarding possible conflict of interest, the State Department's inspector general said Wednesday in a report that buoyed supporters of the controversial pipeline and disappointed critics.
LAKE OKEECHOBEE, Florida - In the marshes along the western edge of Florida's largest freshwater lake, the water is clear, wading birds burst into the sky ahead of an approaching airboat, and there's no sign of the turmoil that elevated water levels caused last summer.
LONGVIEW, Washington - Low natural gas prices are causing a boom in methanol manufacturing nationwide, and the Lower Columbia region should be quick to seize on the skilled jobs and tax revenue that the clean industry will bring.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A year after approving a massive expansion of natural gas use in Connecticut, state lawmakers are considering a ban on storing or recycling wastewater generated as a byproduct of gas exploration.
SAN DIEGO - The San Diego chapter of the Sierra Club has been suspended from the national environmental group over "ongoing conflicts and divisions" among local activists.
ALBANY, New York - Environmental groups and a Steuben County village are heading to appeals court in their disagreement over the sale of water to a Shell Oil Company subsidiary for shale gas drilling in Pennsylvania.
LOS ANGELES - Federal officials announced the approval of two solar energy plants on public lands in California and Nevada, angering environmentalists who say the facilities will endanger desert tortoises.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Environmental organizations, anti-drilling activists and the League of Women Voters of Pennsylvania are protesting Gov. Tom Corbett's plan to allow more natural gas to be extracted from below state parks and forests.
SOCHI, Russia - The IOC says it would be "wholly inappropriate" for the Russian punk group Pussy Riot to protest at Sochi Olympic sites.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The Senate on Tuesday endorsed Gov. Susana Martinez's environmental manager over the objections of some lawmakers and public-interest groups who questioned his role in the crafting of regulations they will allow groundwater pollution by copper mines.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Kellogg Co. says it will buy palm oil only from companies that don't destroy tropical rainforests to produce the additive used in many processed foods.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Top advisers to Republican Gov. John Kasich knew the Ohio Department of Natural Resources planned to discredit environmental groups and two lawmakers while promoting drilling in state parks and forests in 2012, new records show.
SOCHI, Russia - An Italian activist shouting "It's OK to be gay" and dressed in a rainbow-colored outfit and large headdress was detained Monday as she entered an arena to watch an Olympic hockey game.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - It's green-on-green combat as environmentalists debate whether Minnesota should have a 10-cent deposit on bottles and cans to encourage recycling.
SOCHI, Russia - An activist has been detained in Sochi for protesting a recent prison sentence for a local environmentalist.
ALBANY, New York - Opponents of a proposal to build boilers to liquefy heavy crude passing through Albany by rail are drawing attention to the capital's emergence as a major hub for the transport of oil that's widely considered risky from an environmental and safety standpoint.