- Colorado pot law frustrates Nebraska law officers Updated: Apr-20-14 5:16 pm
- GOP making bold play for US Senate seat in Oregon Updated: Apr-20-14 5:15 pm
- Debate still simmers over 'Field of Dreams' site Updated: Apr-20-14 5:14 pm
- Heitkamp, Hoeven criticize pipeline decision delay Updated: Apr-20-14 5:14 pm
- St. Paul to settle police lawsuit for $45,000 Updated: Apr-20-14 5:04 pm
- GOP gubernatorial candidates relying on geography Updated: Apr-20-14 4:56 pm
- Indicted ex-Martinez aide wants racino evidence Updated: Apr-20-14 4:50 pm
- Panel's role in Cleveland police ruling questioned Updated: Apr-20-14 4:49 pm
- Government offering to buy Makah lands for tribe Updated: Apr-20-14 4:47 pm
- City councilman sued for damage to foreclosed home Updated: Apr-20-14 4:44 pm
- State cuts limit services for Caddo juveniles Updated: Apr-20-14 4:40 pm
- 2 Massachusetts towns ponder drone restrictions Updated: Apr-20-14 4:31 pm
- Advocates make push to legalize marijuana in NJ Updated: Apr-20-14 4:31 pm
- Part of Fla. history to step back into spotlight Updated: Apr-20-14 4:25 pm
- Sharp Elbows in Republican primaries Updated: Apr-20-14 4:19 pm
- Beau Biden reshuffles Delaware political landscape Updated: Apr-20-14 4:11 pm
- Pa. labor dispute law change runs into opposition Updated: Apr-20-14 3:58 pm
- Malaysia Airlines jet turns back after tire burst Updated: Apr-20-14 3:55 pm
- Calif. congresswoman, aide sued in fatal DUI case Updated: Apr-20-14 3:50 pm
- 3 vying for Republican nomination for House seat Updated: Apr-20-14 3:47 pm
- Charlotte weighs immigrant-friendly city policies Updated: Apr-20-14 3:44 pm
- Lincoln looks at options for police shooting range Updated: Apr-20-14 3:41 pm
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation Updated: Apr-20-14 3:24 pm
- Brewers fear proposed FDA rule would spike costs Updated: Apr-20-14 3:23 pm
- Ahead of vote, Syria's Assad visits seized village Updated: Apr-20-14 3:23 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Some Nebraska law enforcement officers are increasingly frustrated that their agencies have to bear the cost of jailing and prosecuting people for drug violations tied to Colorado's legalized marijuana.
LAKE OSWEGO, Oregon - The GOP is making a bold play for a U.S. Senate seat in reliably Democratic Oregon, where a Republican hasn't been elected to a statewide office in more than a decade.
DYERSVILLE, Iowa - A quarter-century after "Field of Dreams" debuted in movie theaters, the northeastern Iowa farm where it was filmed remains at the center of simmering debates.
WILLISTON, North Dakota - Members of North Dakota's congressional delegation are criticizing the Obama administration for putting off its decision on the contentious Keystone XL pipeline.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The St. Paul City Council is expected to approve a $45,000 settlement this week with a man who claimed an officer slammed his head into a wall, knocking him unconscious.
PHOENIX - Two Republican candidates for Arizona governor in an already crowded field could have a critical advantage thanks to support close to home, the Arizona Capitol Times reported (http://bit.ly/1jWCfT1) earlier this month.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - A former campaign manager for New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez accused of hijacking her campaign's email system and lying about it is seeking information tied to a state contract for the Downs at Albuquerque, the Santa Fe New Mexican reported (http://bit.ly/Qpr9fq) Saturday.
CLEVELAND - A lawyer for families of men killed in separate 2012 shootings by Cleveland police - including a 137-bullet chase under federal investigation - is questioning a grand jury's role in a recent county prosecutor's ruling.
NEAH BAY, Washington - The U.S. government is buying up property from some members of the Makah Tribe, for the Makah Tribe.
DETROIT - A credit union has sued a Detroit City Council member, saying he "willfully and maliciously" damaged his foreclosed home.
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Caddo Parish authorities say state cuts left a $2.9 million hole in the juvenile justice system. Director of Juvenile Services Clay Walker tells The Times (http://bit.ly/1jqu9jQ ) that the parish transferred $3.1 million from its Criminal Justice Fund to plug the hole. But he says there's too little money to grow or adapt.
AMHERST, Massachusetts - Town Meetings in Amherst and Leverett will consider resolutions calling on the federal government to end the use of drones for assassinations and regulate the unmanned aircraft locally.
TRENTON, New Jersey - Dozens of activists and community members have gathered at the steps of the New Jersey Statehouse to show their support for legalizing marijuana.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Hidden behind live oaks and magnolias near the Florida Governor's Mansion, a historic house that symbolizes much of the state's terrible past and transformation will soon have its doors opened to the public.
RICHMOND, Virginia - There's been no free path to potential victory for Barbara Comstock as she tries to win the Republican primary contest next Saturday for the 10th Congressional District in northern Virginia.
DOVER, Delaware - Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden's decision not to seek re-election and instead run for governor in 2016 is reshuffling the state's political landscape and altering the usual path to higher office.
PHILADELPHIA - A proposal to change Pennsylvania law regarding stalking and harassment in labor disputes is generating a dispute among Republicans in the state Legislature.
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - A Malaysia Airlines flight heading to India with 166 people aboard made an emergency landing in Kuala Lumpur early Monday after it was forced to turn back when a tire burst upon takeoff, the airline said.
SANTA BARBARA, California - Parents of a Santa Barbara woman killed by a drunk-driving congressional aide have filed a federal lawsuit against the driver, Democratic Congresswoman Lois Capps, and the U.S. government.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The three candidates seeking the Republican nomination for a central Arkansas congressional seat are running on vows to cut taxes and regulations in Washington, but split sharply on who would be the strongest candidate in this fall's election.
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - North Carolina's biggest city is looking at ways to boost growth by attracting new immigrants to the United States, a move some complain would include welcoming people living in the country illegally.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Lincoln's city council and police chief are looking at different options for a new law enforcement training facility.
JINDO, South Korea - The South Korean ferry that sank was crippled by confusion and indecision well after it began listing, a radio transcript released Sunday showed, suggesting the chaotic situation may have added to a death toll that could eventually exceed 300.
PORTLAND, Oregon - Northwest beer brewers have joined a national outcry over a proposed rule from the Food and Drug Administration which they say would make it prohibitively expensive for them to recycle spent grain by providing it to dairy farmers.
BEIRUT - Syria's embattled president marked Easter with a tour Sunday of an ancient Christian village recently recaptured by his forces, an important symbolic prize for his government ahead of coming presidential elections he appears poised to contest.