- Carson after tour: Syrian refugees don't want to come to US Updated: Nov-28-15 10:18 pm
AZRAQ REFUGEE CAMP, Jordan - After touring Syrian refugee camps in Jordan, Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson on Saturday suggested that camps should serve as a long-term solution for millions, while other refugees could be absorbed by Middle Eastern countries.
- Official says gunman made 'no more baby parts' comment Updated: Nov-28-15 10:17 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - The man who police say staged a deadly shooting attack on a Planned Parenthood clinic that offers abortion services said "no more baby parts" after his arrest, a law enforcement official said Saturday.
- The Latest: Lynch: Clinic shooting crime against women Updated: Nov-28-15 9:15 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - The latest on the shooting at a Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado. (All times local):
- Woman convicted of killing her children appeals to US court Updated: Nov-28-15 8:42 pm
HOUMA, Louisiana - A Mathews woman convicted of killing her two young children is asking a federal judge to overturn that conviction.
- Former ambassador to Russia to receive honorary MSU degree Updated: Nov-28-15 8:27 pm
BOZEMAN, Montana - Michael McFaul, a former U.S. ambassador to Russia, will receive an honorary degree from Montana State University during fall commencement Dec. 12.
- Sheriff's deputies rescue newborn found buried near river Updated: Nov-28-15 8:14 pm
COMPTON, California - Los Angeles County sheriff's officials asked for the public's help Saturday in gaining information about a newborn baby deputies rescued after finding her buried beside a popular Compton bike path.
- Sheriff-elect already on job at Alcorn County jail Updated: Nov-28-15 7:54 pm
TUPELO, Mississippi - Alcorn County Sheriff-elect Ben Caldwell is already working at the regional jail. County supervisors appointed him jail administrator shortly after his Nov. 3 election, though he won't be sworn in as sheriff until January.
- Olene Walker, Utah's first female governor, dies at 85 Updated: Nov-28-15 7:31 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Olene Smith Walker, who prioritized education as the first and only female governor of Utah and later established an institute to help students pursue public service careers, died Saturday at 85 in Salt Lake City.
- Cheyenne VA interim director aims for trust after scandal Updated: Nov-28-15 7:15 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - The new interim director of the Cheyenne Veterans Affairs Medical Center is looking to rebuild trust in the local facility that is trying to move past a patient scheduling scandal.
- Nuclear crossroad: California reactors face uncertain future Updated: Nov-28-15 6:37 pm
LOS ANGELES - Six years ago, the company that owns California's last operating nuclear power plant announced it would seek an extended lifespan for its aging reactors. Pacific Gas and Electric Co. envisioned Diablo Canyon as a linchpin in the state's green energy future, with its low-carbon electricity illuminating homes to nearly midcentury.
- Hinds assessor reminds disabled veterans of tax exemption Updated: Nov-28-15 6:03 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The tax assessor in Hinds County urges surviving spouses of disabled veterans to take advantage of a property tax break that starts in January.
- UN: Maurice Strong, climate and development pioneer, dies Updated: Nov-28-15 5:54 pm
TORONTO - Maurice Strong, whose work helped lead to the landmark climate summit that begins in Paris on Monday, has died at age 86, the head of the U.N.'s environmental agency said Saturday.
- Judge rules against 13-year-old in climate change challenge Updated: Nov-28-15 5:52 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A judge has ruled against a 13-year-old girl who took North Carolina to court over climate change, but the eighth-grader says she'll continue to fight for environmental protections.
- Judge rules against 13-year-old in climate change challenge Updated: Nov-28-15 5:49 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A judge has ruled against a 13-year-old who took North Carolina to court over climate change.
- Louisville rallies past Kentucky 38-24 to win Governor's Cup Updated: Nov-28-15 5:45 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Louisville players enthusiastically hoisted the Governor's Cup in the steady drizzle, an understandable reaction considering the scenario seemed unlikely early on as rival Kentucky turned their error-prone start into a big lead.
- League of Women Voters seeks to lower sales tax Updated: Nov-28-15 5:43 pm
BOISE, Idaho - The League of Women Voters of Idaho is launching a ballot initiative drive to lower Idaho's sales tax from 6 percent to 5 percent and eliminate some exemptions.
- Burn bans in effect in Pierce and Snohomish counties Updated: Nov-28-15 5:38 pm
TACOMA, Washington - Stagnant weather conditions and rising air pollution has prompted the Puget Sound Clean Air Agency to maintain a Stage 2 burn ban in Pierce and Snohomish counties.
- Audit: School bus inspection program skips smaller vehicles Updated: Nov-28-15 4:41 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - A Nevada Highway Patrol program that inspects the state's school buses for safety is overlooking dozens of vehicles that don't fall under the traditional definition of a bus, according to state auditors.
- Philly-area transit police chief's amnesty tweet gets result Updated: Nov-28-15 4:26 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The chief of the Philadelphia area's transit police says a thief took him up on his Twitter offer of amnesty and has returned a stolen phone.
- Troopers: 2 killed when car traveling at 100 mph hits tree Updated: Nov-28-15 4:20 pm
MIDWAY, North Carolina - The State Highway Patrol says a man driving a vehicle at 100 mph and not wearing a seatbelt was one of two people killed in a wreck in Midway.
- Elderly man sues Greenwich police for alleged brutality Updated: Nov-28-15 4:18 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A 76-year-old man has filed a lawsuit alleging a Greenwich police officer threw him against his car and kicked him after pulling him over for using his cellphone while driving.
- Cops: Suicidal Pennsylvania man fires at troopers, gives up Updated: Nov-28-15 4:16 pm
JAMES CREEK, Pennsylvania - A central Pennsylvania man was in custody after state police say he fired at troopers and set fire to his trailer before surrendering to officers responding to a report that he was suicidal.
- Burger King manager: Police erased video of Chicago shooting Updated: Nov-28-15 4:00 pm
CHICAGO - A Burger King manager who accuses Chicago police of erasing surveillance video in the case of a black teenager shot last year by a white officer says he has testified before a federal grand jury investigating the shooting.
- Queen Elizabeth II wraps up nostalgic Malta trip Updated: Nov-28-15 3:57 pm
VALLETTA, Malta - Queen Elizabeth II on Saturday wrapped up a nostalgic visit to Malta, her one-time home, where she joked that Canada's youthful new leader had made her feel old.
- Obama shops at Washington bookstore, popular frozen pop shop Updated: Nov-28-15 3:51 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama kept up his holiday tradition of supporting small businesses.