- Australia cuts key interest rate to record low 1.75 percent Updated: May-03-16 1:03 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Australia's central bank has cut its benchmark interest rate to a record low 1.75 percent, citing lower-than-expected inflationary pressures.
- 2 charged in AG's investigation of northern Idaho PAC Updated: May-03-16 12:55 am
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho Attorney General Lawrence Wasden has charged two Republicans involved in a highly-scrutinized political action committee for allegedly hiding the source of campaign contributions.
- Hollywood film to revisit events on Chappaquiddick in 1969 Updated: May-03-16 12:41 am
BOSTON - During a week in which the eyes of the nation were focused on NASA's first moon landing, a tragic drama played out on a tiny Massachusetts island that would have political ramifications for decades to follow.
- Group seeking to extend California tax increases raises $12M Updated: May-03-16 12:35 am
SACRAMENTO, California - An initiative campaign seeking to extend a temporary tax increase on the wealthy says it raised about $12 million in the most recent quarter.
- Argentina prosecutor asks probe of ex-president and son Updated: May-03-16 12:33 am
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - A federal prosecutor asked on Monday that former President Cristina Fernandez and her son be investigated for possible illegal enrichment in connection to two businessmen accused of money laundering and tax evasion.
- Court takes up tax on out-of-state companies' online sales Updated: May-03-16 12:31 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A fight over whether Ohio can impose business taxes on companies that do millions of dollars of business in the state but have no stores or buildings on the ground has reached the state's Supreme Court.
- Ohio panel eyes changes to online voter registration bill Updated: May-03-16 12:29 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Residents in swing state Ohio could register to vote online under a proposal being reviewed by a state legislative panel.
- Hillary Clinton coming to southeast Ohio on Appalachia tour Updated: May-03-16 12:22 am
ATHENS, Ohio - Hillary Clinton's tour through Appalachia this week includes a trip to southeastern Ohio.
- NY governor defends former aide under federal investigation Updated: May-03-16 12:21 am
NEW YORK - Gov. Andrew Cuomo is defending a former aide and campaign manager who is under federal investigation.
- Bangladesh blogger seeks US help as threats escalate Updated: May-03-16 12:10 am
WASHINGTON - When Bangladeshi blogger and social activist Ashif Entaz Rabi hosted a TV talk show about a slaying of a publisher by Islamic extremists, he faced a torrent of threatening phone calls. He says young men with earpieces started loitering outside his workplace, and a militant website urged followers to "send this Ashif to Allah."
- Fighting opioid addiction with marijuana moving forward Updated: May-03-16 12:09 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - A proposal to use marijuana to battle opioid addiction is being processed by the Department of Health and Human Services.
- Hassan signs bill expanding financial incentive for solar Updated: May-03-16 12:08 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - More homeowners and businesses can now take advantage of a financial incentive for installing solar power.
- Trump running mate? Not so fast, says Sen. Susan Collins Updated: May-03-16 12:08 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Maine Sen. Susan Collins has found herself thrust into the discussion of potential running mates for Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump.
- Survey: Upcoming election makes small business owners wary Updated: May-03-16 12:05 am
NEW YORK - Uncertainty about the approaching presidential election is leading small business owners to take a wait-and-see approach to the economy and their companies, a survey published Tuesday shows.
- In debate, Wyoming newcomer questions Cheney's ties to state Updated: May-02-16 11:50 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - The first statewide debate in Wyoming's U.S. House race took a testy turn Monday, with a candidate who has lived in Wyoming only a few years criticizing Liz Cheney's frequent proclamations about how her family has deep, multi-generation ties to the state.
- Q&A: When is a Boot on the Ground not a Boot on the Ground? Updated: May-02-16 11:46 pm
WASHINGTON - No one disputes that U.S. military forces are fighting in combat in Iraq and Syria -- except maybe President Barack Obama and some members of his administration.
- Council votes to release Gruenberg records to widow Updated: May-02-16 11:44 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - Alaska state legislators would be able to decide how their records are handled if they die or become incapacitated while in office under a policy approved by a council of House and Senate lawmakers.
- White House: Obama not offended by comedian's language Updated: May-02-16 11:30 pm
WASHINGTON - The White House said Monday that President Barack Obama wasn't offended by comedian Larry Wilmore's use of a racial slur at Saturday night's White House Correspondents' Association dinner.
- Semitrailer carrying gun powder crashes near Council Updated: May-02-16 11:25 pm
COUNCIL, Idaho - A semitrailer carrying thousands of pounds of smokeless gun powder has crashed on U.S. Highway 95 near the western Idaho city of Council.
- DOJ: South Dakota long-term care system violates federal law Updated: May-02-16 11:18 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - South Dakota's unnecessary reliance on nursing facilities to serve people with disabilities isolates those residents from their communities and violates federal law, according to the findings of a U.S. Department of Justice investigation released Monday.
- Council votes not to sell street for potential Seattle arena Updated: May-02-16 10:55 pm
SEATTLE - Seattle's City Council on Monday voted not to vacate a stretch of road where an investor aiming to bring an NBA team to the city hopes to eventually build an arena that could house it.
- Indiana authorities to crack down on seat belt violations Updated: May-02-16 10:52 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana State Police are warning motorists that law enforcement agencies throughout the state will be cracking down on people who don't use seat belts.
- Marion police to 29 get new squad car cameras Updated: May-02-16 10:50 pm
MARION, Illinois - A Southern Illinois police department is getting new cameras for its squad cars.
- Senate approves expansion of state high court Updated: May-02-16 10:28 pm
PHOENIX - The Arizona Senate on Monday approved a plan to add two justices to the state Supreme Court that has drawn criticism from both the court and Democrats.
- Police identify girl killed in ejection from carnival ride Updated: May-02-16 10:08 pm
EL PASO, Texas - A teenage girl who was killed when she was ejected from a whirling ride at an El Paso church carnival has been identified by police.