- Thai court deals knockout blow to transport plan Updated: Mar-12-14 7:08 am
- Mayor: Crime drops in NYC since January Updated: Mar-12-14 6:59 am
- Israel passes law meant to draft ultra-Orthodox Updated: Mar-12-14 6:53 am
- Syria's Assad makes rare visit to tense area Updated: Mar-12-14 6:41 am
- Rohingya dying from lack of health care in Myanmar Updated: Mar-12-14 6:35 am
- Federal jury soon to get NYC kidnap-rape plot case Updated: Mar-12-14 6:31 am
- Senate to consider changes to Maryland budget Updated: Mar-12-14 6:26 am
- Key figure in NJ scandal surfaces for hearing Updated: Mar-12-14 6:23 am
- NH bills would regulate drones to ensure privacy Updated: Mar-12-14 6:22 am
- Bad decade: Malaysia Airlines has catalog of woes Updated: Mar-12-14 6:20 am
- Sentence for ex-Pittsburgh police chief stands Updated: Mar-12-14 6:15 am
- Jailed mayor of north Fla. city resigns Updated: Mar-12-14 6:14 am
- Arizona bill could penalize cities for gun laws Updated: Mar-12-14 6:14 am
- Gillentine pleads not guilty to DUI death Updated: Mar-12-14 6:14 am
- SD Legislature putting final touches on bills Updated: Mar-12-14 6:14 am
- Strikes in Greece as austerity deal proves elusive Updated: Mar-12-14 6:04 am
- Web-based program advances science, math skills Updated: Mar-12-14 5:55 am
- Agency suing American Airlines over tax incentives Updated: Mar-12-14 5:55 am
- Conn. agency asks utilities to slow tree trimming Updated: Mar-12-14 5:49 am
- FEMA extends Sandy housing aid in NJ Updated: Mar-12-14 5:47 am
- Gautier residents oppose limit on pets Updated: Mar-12-14 5:43 am
- Mizeur gets backing of national liberal group Updated: Mar-12-14 5:37 am
- Indianapolis mayor to announce anti-violence plan Updated: Mar-12-14 5:37 am
- Senate panel considers Ala. Constitution changes Updated: Mar-12-14 5:34 am
- Biloxi considers tweaking tax incentives Updated: Mar-12-14 5:34 am
BANGKOK - A Thai court ruled Wednesday that the government's ambitious 2 trillion baht ($62 billion) plan to build high speed rail and other transport infrastructure was unconstitutional and must be ended.
NEW YORK - Mayor Bill de Blasio says crime has dropped in New York City since he took over in January.
JERUSALEM - Israeli lawmakers passed a contentious law on Wednesday meant to draft ultra-Orthodox Jews into the military, the culmination of a drive for reforms that has seen mass protests by the religious community in Israel and beyond.
DAMASCUS, Syria - In a rare public appearance, President Bashar Assad on Wednesday visited displaced Syrians in a frontline suburb of the country's capital, where he vowed to keep up the fight against gunmen whom he blamed for driving people from their homes, state TV said.
THE' CHAUNG, Myanmar - Noor Jahan rocked slowly on the floor, trying to steady her weak body. Her chest heaved and her eyes closed with each raspy breath. She could no longer eat or speak, throwing up even spoonfuls of tea.
NEW YORK - No one disputes that a retired high school librarian and an auto mechanic bonded over discussions of ghastly fetishes: abducting, raping and killing women and girls.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The Maryland Senate is scheduled to consider proposed changes to the state budget.
TRENTON, New Jersey - A key figure in a political payback investigation involving Gov. Chris Christie's administration voluntarily came to court to watch lawyers argue over whether her subpoena from a legislative investigatory panel should be quashed.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire's House is expected to vote on whether to join more than a dozen other states in limiting government and public use of drones to protect citizens' privacy.
HONG KONG - Within an industry notorious for impoverishing shareholders and irking customers, Malaysia Airlines has stood out for its years of restructurings and losses. The company now has global recognition of a far more unfavorable kind after one of its jets disappeared four days ago with 239 people aboard.
PITTSBURGH - A federal judge has denied a bid to reduce the sentence of a former western Pennsylvania police chief convicted of conspiring to create an unauthorized slush fund.
HAMPTON, Florida - A north Florida mayor who is jailed on drug charges has resigned from office.
PHOENIX - The Arizona House of Representatives will debate a bill that would impose fines on cities and towns that enforce gun ordinances stricter than the state's own laws.
TUPELO, Mississippi - John Gillentine has pleaded not guilty to a DUI death charge in Lee County Circuit Court.
PIERRE, South Dakota - The South Dakota Legislature is nearing the end of the main run of this year's session.
ATHENS, Greece - A 24-hour strike by civil servants disrupted public services in Greece Wednesday as the country's government struggled to hammer out a deal on further austerity measures with international creditors.
HERNANDO, Mississippi - The Community Foundation of Northwest Mississippi has announced expansion of a partnership that brings Web-based, interactive science, technology, engineering and math education to local schools.
CHICAGO - The agency that oversees public transportation in Chicago is suing American Airlines for falsely claiming to buy "vast amounts of jet fuel" from a small office in a rural community to avoid paying tens of millions of dollars in taxes in the nation's third-largest city, where the actual work is done.
NEW BRITAIN, Connecticut - Connecticut regulators are asking the two largest utilities in the state to scale back their tree-trimming programs amid criticism by property owners, government officials, environmental advocates and other groups.
TRENTON, New Jersey - Federal Emergency Management Agency officials have extended temporary housing assistance for Superstorm Sandy victims in New Jersey by three months.
GAUTIER, Mississippi - Gautier residents who attended a meeting Tuesday overwhelmingly opposed a five-animal limit in the city's proposed animal control ordinance.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Democracy for America, a national organization for progressive politics, is endorsing Del. Heather Mizeur's bid for Maryland governor.
INDIANAPOLIS - Several Indianapolis leaders are set to announce a new plan to reduce violence in the city where the homicide rate is at its highest pace in recent years.
MONTGOMERHY, Alabama - A state Senate committee faces a key vote on whether to proceed with the Legislature's plan to rewrite the state Constitution article by article.
BILOXI, Mississippi - Just how much incentive the city of Biloxi should give businesses investing along the beach, in the downtown and along Mississippi 67 was considered during a city council workshop on Tuesday.