- Vermont Senate to debate renewable energy bill Updated: May-14-15 7:24 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The Vermont Senate is set to debate a renewable energy bill - with an amendment aimed at giving more local control over siting of some projects.
- Figures show New Mexico economic outlook stabilizing Updated: May-13-15 4:13 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - State financial analysts say an expected boost in personal and corporate taxes is helping to offset weak oil and natural gas prices, providing for a more stable revenue outlook for New Mexico.
- Hawaii passes bills on energy, sex trafficking, rail tax Updated: May-06-15 12:32 am
HONOLULU - Hawaii lawmakers passed dozens of bills Tuesday heading into the final days of the Legislative session, approving plans that could raise taxes, save energy and ban sex trafficking. A bill to set up a system of medical marijuana dispensaries is scheduled for a full legislative vote on Thursday.
- Tax credits for Nebraska wind energy stalled by filibuster Updated: May-05-15 6:25 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - An effort to attract more wind farms to Nebraska failed on Tuesday after senators derailed a bill that would have provided $75 million in production tax credits for renewable energy.
- Louisiana editorial roundup Updated: Apr-29-15 3:25 pm
Recent editorials from Louisiana newspapers:
- Clarification: New England Energy story Updated: Apr-24-15 11:23 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - In a story April 23 about energy policy, The Associated Press reported that five of New England's six governors said they would work across the region while each state pursues individual projects. The story should have made clear that the statement was agreed to by all six leaders, including New Hampshire Gov. Maggie Hassan, who did not attend the gathering in Hartford.