- Obama feeling 'feisty,' ready to take on the 'crazies' Updated: Aug-25-15 10:16 am
LAS VEGAS - President Barack Obama is putting people on notice: He's back from vacation feeling "refreshed, renewed, recharged" - and "a little feisty."
- Backers of wind power, solar seeking Nebraska tax credits Updated: Aug-23-15 10:46 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - With Nebraska facing pressure to meet more stringent federal emission requirements, renewable energy advocates will push again next year for a state tax credit aimed at wind farms and solar projects.
- LePage: Mill layoffs show need for tax, energy changes Updated: Aug-21-15 5:07 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Republican Gov. Paul LePage says the elimination of 300 jobs at a Maine mill underscores the need to reduce the state's taxes and energy costs.
- Michigan lawmakers seek study on Canadian nuclear waste plan Updated: Aug-10-15 7:58 pm
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Members of Congress from Michigan announced a new effort Monday to prevent the burial of Canadian nuclear waste near the Lake Huron shore, calling for a study by an agency that represents both nations in boundary waters disputes.
- Recent editorials published in Iowa newspapers Updated: Aug-10-15 10:04 am
Des Moines Register. Aug. 8, 2015
- Welch, LujÃ¡n propose nationwide energy standards Updated: Aug-01-15 3:17 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Two members of Congress - Vermont's Peter Welch and New Mexico's Ray LujÃ¡n are proposing nationwide energy standards - one for renewable energy and another for energy efficiency.
- Senate panel passes bill lifting crude oil export ban Updated: Jul-30-15 5:37 pm
WASHINGTON - A Senate panel approved energy legislation Thursday that would lift the 40-year-old ban on crude oil exports and open more areas of the Arctic, Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean to oil and gas exploration.