- State agrees to pay $7.6M to firm that handled Sandy program Updated: May-22-15 7:25 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Republican Gov. Chris Christie's administration has reached a deal to pay $7.6 million to a firm the state contracted to help handle applications for its Superstorm Sandy housing recovery program.
- Detroit-based AIDS housing program gets $1.35M federal grant Updated: May-20-15 6:01 am
DETROIT - A federal agency says $1.35 million has been awarded to a Michigan HIV/AIDS housing program for extremely low-income persons and families.
- Japan economy gathers pace in 1Q as recovery takes hold Updated: May-20-15 2:05 am
TOKYO - Japan's economy grew at a faster-than-expected 2.4 percent annual pace in the January-March quarter, suggesting a recovery is gaining traction despite persisting weakness in corporate and household spending.
- Louisville mayor unveils $12M affordable housing plan Updated: May-16-15 12:57 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer has announced a $12 million plan to build more affordable housing in the city.
- Cuomo sides with NYC police, fire unions on disability pay Updated: May-14-15 11:28 pm
NEW YORK - Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Thursday he stands behind police and fire unions in a fight to increase the benefits city uniformed workers will receive if they're seriously injured on the job.
- Rhode Island Housing deputy director to leave agency Updated: Apr-29-15 3:44 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island Housing says its deputy director is leaving to "pursue other professional opportunities."
- Utah officials say chronic homeless population has decreased Updated: Apr-28-15 6:10 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - State officials are touting the success of a decade-old program that provides housing to Utah's homeless.
- HUD secretary announces 8 new Promise Zone designations Updated: Apr-28-15 4:44 pm
ST. LOUIS - Six metropolitan areas, one rural region and one tribal community have been designated as Promise Zones under an Obama administration program that seeks to revitalize high-poverty communities.