- HUD awards over $428K for local Indiana homeless programs Updated: May-03-16 5:58 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development has awarded more than $428,000 in grants to five local homeless housing and service programs across Indiana.
- Local homeless programs across Michigan awarded about $13.9M Updated: May-03-16 5:45 am
WASHINGTON - The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development has awarded roughly $13.9 million to local homeless housing and service programs across Michigan.
- HUD awards some $2.9M to homeless programs in New Mexico Updated: May-02-16 4:46 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development has awarded more than $2.9 million to homeless housing and service programs across New Mexico.
- Ohio invests in opening recovery houses for heroin addicts Updated: Apr-30-16 9:52 am
DAYTON, Ohio - When residents of the Ome Garden neighborhood got word of plans for moving recovering drug addicts into a vacant house, they didn't like what they were hearing.
- Cuomo taps Bronx state senator for housing post Updated: Apr-22-16 10:31 am
ALBANY, New York - Gov. Andrew Cuomo has appointed state Sen. Ruth Hassell-Thompson as special adviser for policy and community affairs at the state agency responsible for building and preserving affordable housing and enforcing rent regulation laws.
- Ex-homeless man in Dallas talks of struggles, achievements Updated: Apr-21-16 1:47 pm
DALLAS - Glenn Billingsley sat in his beat-up Grand Marquis on the side of the highway, somewhere past Weatherford, overwhelmed by the present, scared of the future and drawn to his past.
- Cuomo vows to support organized labor in NY Updated: Apr-19-16 5:34 pm
ALBANY, New York - Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Tuesday that he believes in the labor movement, telling union construction workers he won't sign legislation in New York that's not fair to organized labor.
- As 'monster' homes rise, how can Boulder stay affordable? Updated: Apr-16-16 10:49 am
BOULDER, Colorado - Ellie Sciarra and her husband Wolf Reitz have lived in a 900-square-foot ranch house on Boulder's Orchard Avenue for years.
- New shelter to house 20 military veterans in New Orleans Updated: Apr-14-16 4:55 am
NEW ORLEANS - A new shelter in New Orleans is set to house 20 military veterans as part of the city's goal to eliminate veteran homelessness.
- Nashville mayor devotes $10M to affordable housing plan Updated: Apr-12-16 5:56 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Nashville's mayor has announced she will devote $10 million in city money to affordable housing projects.
- As housing market soars, poorest renters are priced out Updated: Apr-10-16 3:05 am
BREMERTON, Washington - Crystal Turner stood in the kitchen of her cramped apartment and stared at the cracks in the fake wood flooring beneath her feet.
- Tribes struggle with decades of housing neglect Updated: Apr-09-16 2:06 am
BROWNING, Montana - They call it Moccasin Flats, though the street sign marks it as 3rd Avenue Southwest. This neighborhood, just a few blocks away from Browning Elementary School, represents the worst of housing conditions on the Blackfeet Indian Reservation, the Great Falls Tribune reported (http://gftrib.com/1qlpysO).
- West Virginia University to offer gender-neutral housing Updated: Apr-08-16 10:45 am
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - West Virginia University has launched a housing program for students to room together on campus regardless of sex, gender, gender identity or sexual orientation.
- Future infrastructure investments topic of Detroit forum Updated: Apr-06-16 9:08 pm
DETROIT - A Washington-based think tank that focuses on policy issues will hold a forum with Detroit-area business leaders on infrastructure investments.