- Rhode Island Housing deputy director to leave agency Updated: Apr-29-15 3:44 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island Housing says its deputy director is leaving to "pursue other professional opportunities."
- Utah officials say chronic homeless population has decreased Updated: Apr-28-15 6:10 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - State officials are touting the success of a decade-old program that provides housing to Utah's homeless.
- HUD secretary announces 8 new Promise Zone designations Updated: Apr-28-15 4:44 pm
ST. LOUIS - Six metropolitan areas, one rural region and one tribal community have been designated as Promise Zones under an Obama administration program that seeks to revitalize high-poverty communities.
- State housing agency leader resigns amid 'harassment' claims Updated: Apr-24-15 5:04 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The head of a Louisiana agency that oversees more than $250 million in federal and state housing programs has left the job amid harassment claims.
- Hawaii Legislature negotiates details of state's $26B budget Updated: Apr-22-15 12:01 am
HONOLULU - Lawmakers from Hawaii's House and Senate have begun negotiating how the state will spend its $26.3 billion budget over the next two years.
- $1.6 million to fight homelessness among Michigan veterans Updated: Apr-20-15 4:59 pm
DETROIT - The federal government is allocating $1.6 million to reduce homelessness among military veterans in Michigan, U.S. Sens. Debbie Stabenow and Gary Peters announced Monday.
- Poor residents getting chance for better neighborhoods Updated: Apr-18-15 1:05 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Acknowledging that Portland's poorest residents have dwindling options to live in good neighborhoods, local housing officials have hatched a plan to open 500 units in so-called "opportunity" areas.
- Federal officials announce new housing program details Updated: Apr-16-15 4:55 am
CHICAGO - Federal officials are starting a new phase of a program designed to help stabilize housing in Cook County neighborhoods hit hard by the economic downturn.
- NYC housing focus needs to help homeless, too, advocates say Updated: Apr-07-15 6:22 pm
NEW YORK - The homeless should have a bigger place in New York City's ambitious affordable housing push, advocates said Tuesday, arguing that two issues often viewed separately need to be tackled in tandem.
- Rhode Island Housing chairman announces resignation Updated: Apr-07-15 6:01 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The board chairman at Rhode Island Housing is stepping down after a little more than a year on the job.