- LA city, county pass sweeping plans against homelessness Updated: Feb-09-16 6:00 pm
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles city and county officials have approved sweeping plans to deal with homelessness at a cost of billions over a decade.
- Group pushes for campsites, tiny houses for Tucson homeless Updated: Feb-08-16 10:03 am
TUCSON, Arizona - Homeless advocates are pushing for Tucson to follow the lead of a pilot program in Oregon and designate campsites and build micro-homes for the city's growing homeless population.
- Bill introduced to prohibit gun bans in subsidized housing Updated: Feb-04-16 4:12 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - The case of a disabled Mainer who shot an intruder last year has led to legislation that would prohibit gun bans in subsidized housing.
- Wells Fargo to pay $1.2 billion to settle home loan case Updated: Feb-03-16 1:24 pm
NEW YORK - Wells Fargo said it has agreed to pay $1.2 billion to settle a government lawsuit related to its Federal Housing Administration home mortgage program.
- Firm finds more seniors burdened by New Orleans rental costs Updated: Feb-02-16 11:08 am
NEW ORLEANS - The number of seniors paying unaffordable rent in New Orleans rose by nearly 10 percent over the last decade - the second-largest spike of any metro area in the United States, according to a national campaign advocating for renters.
- University of Central Arkansas bans hoverboards indoors Updated: Jan-27-16 5:54 am
CONWAY, Arkansas - The University of Central Arkansas has announced a campus-wide ban on using hoverboards indoors.
- Drury University drops housing policy, freezes housing costs Updated: Jan-20-16 9:39 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Drury University is dropping a policy it enacted for this school year that required freshmen to live on campus.
- Nashville affordable housing policy criticized, disapproved Updated: Jan-15-16 2:49 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A proposed system of financial incentives designed to spur affordable housing in Nashville has been voted down by the Metro Planning Commission.
- Google puts $41.7 million into Boulder affordable housing Updated: Jan-14-16 11:15 am
BOULDER, Colorado - Google has invested $41.7 million in state-issued bonds to develop affordable housing in Boulder.
- North Platte starts program to improve housing options Updated: Jan-13-16 11:44 am
NORTH PLATTE, Nebraska - The city of North Platte has entered a partnership with the North Platte Area Chamber and Development Corporation to improve housing options.
- NYC jail overseers push deadline for young inmate reforms Updated: Jan-12-16 1:35 pm
NEW YORK - An oversight board has extended by six months the deadline for New York City jail officials to implement housing reforms for young adult inmates.