- $24,300 offered for Birmingham veterans' rental assistance Updated: Jul-20-15 4:10 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Federal officials say a Birmingham public housing authority will use more than $24,300 in funding to provide rental assistance for homeless veterans.
- New Hope Family Shelter helps family after fire Updated: Jul-20-15 5:07 am
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - It started with a house fire.
- HUD awarding more than $1M for Fargo public housing programs Updated: Jul-18-15 10:16 am
FARGO, North Dakota - North Dakota's congressional delegation says Fargo is getting more than $1 million to provide affordable housing options to low-income families
- Smoking banned at all public housing in Philadelphia Updated: Jul-16-15 7:03 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The Philadelphia Housing Authority has adopted a universal smoking ban that affects 80,000 residents.
- Philadelphia Housing Authority considers smoking ban Updated: Jul-16-15 6:10 am
PHILADELPHIA - The Philadelphia Housing Authority is considering a smoking ban in some of its properties, a move that would make it the country's largest public housing agency to implement such a policy.
- Helen Holt, 1st woman to hold W.Va. statewide office, dies Updated: Jul-14-15 9:20 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Helen Holt, the first woman to hold a statewide office in West Virginia, never considered herself as a pioneer.
- Lehigh University considers change to housing policy Updated: Jul-09-15 12:18 pm
BETHLEHEM, Pennsylvania - Lehigh University is considering a change in its housing policy to require students to live on-campus for their first three years at the Bethlehem school.
- Obama administration takes aim at segregation in housing Updated: Jul-08-15 4:39 pm
CHICAGO - The nation's head of urban housing policy announced new regulations Wednesday aimed at fulfilling promises of the 1968 Fair Housing Act by promoting racially integrated neighborhoods.
- Housing program turns Vermont homes into apartments Updated: Jul-08-15 6:37 am
BRATTLEBORO, Vermont - A Vermont town is using its funding for a program that helps local homeowners become landlords.
- Fair housing group sues New York, alleging discrimination Updated: Jul-07-15 7:18 pm
NEW YORK - A civil rights organization advocating for fair housing practices sued the city on Tuesday, saying the city promotes segregation by favoring whites for affordable housing in Manhattan neighborhoods that are predominantly white.
- Grant to help jumpstart Muskegon middle-income housing plan Updated: Jul-06-15 7:31 am
MUSKEGON, Michigan - A $250,000 state grant to fight blight in Muskegon will help jumpstart a $1 million plan to build new middle-income homes.