- The Latest: Stone beats fellow incumbent Hale in Senate race Updated: Aug-04-15 11:56 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The latest on Mississippi primary elections (all times local):
- Hillary Clinton slams Bush on immigration, women's health Updated: Aug-04-15 10:41 pm
DENVER - Hillary Clinton is slamming Jeb Bush and other Republicans over immigration and women's health.
- Kasich makes cut in first televised debate Updated: Aug-04-15 6:34 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio Gov. John Kasich has made the cut of 10 for the first Republican debate.
- Debate line-up illustrates power of Fox News in GOP campaign Updated: Aug-04-15 6:19 pm
NEW YORK - Iowa and New Hampshire are still on the horizon - but first there's the Fox primary, and the buildup to this week's first Republican presidential debate shows that the influence of Fox News Channel on the GOP selection process is stronger than ever.
- Maine court: Anti-gay marriage group must disclose donors Updated: Aug-04-15 6:02 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine's highest court on Tuesday rejected a national anti-gay marriage group's latest bid to shield the identities of the donors who contributed to its effort to defeat the state's gay marriage law in 2009.
- News Guide: A look at the Iran nuclear deal and Congress Updated: Aug-04-15 5:57 pm
WASHINGTON - Congress' vote on the international accord to curb Iran's nuclear program in exchange for billions of dollars in sanction relief stands as the most crucial national security decision since lawmakers voted in 2002 to authorize the invasion of Iraq.
- Ex-Rep. Aaron Schock spends campaign funds after departure Updated: Aug-04-15 10:38 am
PEORIA, Illinois - A new financial report from former U.S. Rep. Aaron Schock's political action committee shows campaign money has been spent since he left Congress.
- AP News in Brief at 5:58 a.m. EDT Updated: Aug-04-15 6:05 am
Debate stage drama: Republican presidential candidates await top 10 announcement
- GOP hopefuls take on illegal immigration in debate preview Updated: Aug-03-15 11:07 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - The Republican Party's presidential class demanded aggressive steps to curb illegal immigration, seizing on a delicate political issue while facing off in New Hampshire on Monday night during a crowded and pointed preview of the 2016 primary season's first full-fledged debate.
- Ex-Senate candidate: Board has ended probe of Facebook posts Updated: Aug-03-15 10:19 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - A Kansas radiologist who lost a hard-fought primary battle to Republican Sen. Pat Roberts said Monday that the state's medical board has dropped an investigation into whether he violated patient privacy by posting X-ray images of severe medical injuries on Facebook.
- NC Democratic Party rebounds in fundraising through June Updated: Aug-03-15 6:59 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The North Carolina Democratic Party rebounded in fundraising during the first half of 2015, even as top Republican legislators kept campaign coffers flush.
- Presidential hopeful Rubio names Montana campaign chairman Updated: Aug-03-15 2:55 pm
HELENA, Montana - Republican Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida is one of the first of the 17 GOP presidential hopefuls to select a Montana campaign chairman.
- Proof of Trump's charity giving elusive Updated: Aug-03-15 1:32 am
WASHINGTON - Donald Trump, widely believed to be the wealthiest American ever to run for president, is nowhere among the ranks of the country's most generous citizens, according to an Associated Press review of his financial records and other government filings.
- Canada PM triggers election with vote in October Updated: Aug-02-15 5:01 pm
TORONTO - Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper triggered an election campaign Sunday and set the vote for Oct. 19, when Harper and his Conservative party hope to earn a fourth term after almost a decade in power.
- Correction: Political Parties-Money story Updated: Aug-02-15 3:20 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - In a story published Aug. 1 about the fundraising of Missouri's political parties, The Associated Press reported erroneously that the Missouri Republican Party had raised only roughly $122,000 as of June 30. The party had about $122,000 raised for its state account, with more raised for its federal account.
- Some Americans refuse to give up on Confederate flag Updated: Aug-02-15 2:50 pm
HANOVER, Pennsylvania - Many Americans assumed the Confederate flag was retired for good after governors in South Carolina and Alabama removed it from their statehouses this summer and presidential candidates from both parties declared it too divisive for official display.
- 2 Republicans, 2 Dems in primaries for Mississippi lt. gov Updated: Aug-02-15 1:23 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A teacher who wants to dismantle the Common Core academic standards is trying to defeat Mississippi Lt. Gov. Tate Reeves in the Republican primary.
- AG candidates take hard-hitting campaign to Fancy Farm Updated: Aug-01-15 11:18 pm
FANCY FARM, Kentucky - Democrat Andy Beshear and Republican Whitney Westerfield traded pot shots Saturday at Kentucky's premier political showdown, where prosecutorial experience and claims of skipping work for pedicures spiced up their hard-hitting campaign for attorney general.
- Graham, McCain hit campaign trail in New Hampshire Updated: Aug-01-15 9:22 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Two-time New Hampshire primary winner John McCain is returning to the state this weekend campaign alongside South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham.
- Clinton releases tax, medical records as emails made public Updated: Aug-01-15 3:21 am
WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton and her husband paid close to $44 million in federal taxes since 2007 and she is in "excellent physical condition," two facts that emerged in a flood of disclosures from the campaign of the Democratic presidential candidate.
- Walker super PAC raised $20 million Updated: Jul-31-15 3:45 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - New federal filings show a super PAC supporting Gov. Scott Walker's bid for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination has raised a little more than $20 million over the first 11 weeks or so of its existence.
- Pot legalization group reports spending $2 million in effort Updated: Jul-31-15 3:34 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A group working to get a marijuana legalization issue on Ohio's fall ballot has spent more than $2 million in its effort and has about $82,000 in campaign cash on hand.
- Clinton's doctor says 2016 candidate in "excellent" health Updated: Jul-31-15 3:33 pm
WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton's physician said Friday that the Democratic presidential candidate is in "excellent physical condition" and has completely recovered from the effects of a concussion she suffered in 2012.
- Gunmen kill 1, wound 13 campaigning for Sri Lankan candidate Updated: Jul-31-15 11:29 am
COLOMBO, Sri Lanka - Gunmen opened fire at campaign workers in Sri Lanka's capital on Friday, killing one and wounding 13, police and hospital officials said, in the first major political violence before the parliamentary election.
- South Carolina senator backs Mark Kirk's re-election bid Updated: Jul-31-15 6:23 am
CHICAGO - South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham brought his Republican presidential campaign to Chicago's Pilsen neighborhood, where he voiced his support of Illinois Sen. Mark Kirk's bid for re-election.