- 5 Iowa GOP US Senate candidates debate on TV Updated: Apr-24-14 11:49 pm
- Complaint claims violations in governor's race Updated: Apr-24-14 9:43 pm
- Treadwell lends campaign funds Updated: Apr-24-14 9:40 pm
- Gov. Jan Brewer signs elections agency curb bill Updated: Apr-24-14 9:35 pm
- Corbett ramps up pitch to education, women voters Updated: Apr-24-14 8:40 pm
- GOP gubernatorial candidates pledge gun law repeal Updated: Apr-24-14 8:18 pm
- Democrats outraise GOP incumbents in 3 Ohio races Updated: Apr-24-14 7:16 pm
- Democratic candidates trade jabs on outside money Updated: Apr-24-14 7:03 pm
- Democrat Tom Udall raises $1M for Senate race Updated: Apr-24-14 4:15 pm
- Panama's outgoing president touts wife's candidacy Updated: Apr-24-14 3:03 pm
- Ohio watchdog releases investment scandal report Updated: Apr-24-14 1:05 pm
- Former partner to testify against Ohio lawmaker Updated: Apr-24-14 12:19 pm
- No re-election bid for state rep who hit ducks Updated: Apr-24-14 7:28 am
- Candidates similar on issues in NC Senate debate Updated: Apr-23-14 10:40 pm
- State senators get ethics training after scandals Updated: Apr-23-14 9:04 pm
- Candidates tout reform in secretary of state race Updated: Apr-23-14 8:52 pm
- Man gets 30 months in prison in cyberstalking case Updated: Apr-23-14 7:38 pm
- Baldwin: Democrats need to tout health care reform Updated: Apr-23-14 7:01 pm
- Texas Gov. Perry courts NY business, Cuomo debate Updated: Apr-23-14 5:41 pm
- Former Alabama senator responds to AG's appeal Updated: Apr-23-14 4:49 pm
- Boogeymen and shady deals define spin for Senate Updated: Apr-23-14 4:34 pm
- GOP governor airs campaign ad featuring Democrats Updated: Apr-23-14 4:08 pm
- Ex-CEO admits stealing from prominent NYC charity Updated: Apr-23-14 11:25 am
- Republican activists push party on gay marriage Updated: Apr-23-14 2:07 am
- Republicans in NC's Senate race trade few hits Updated: Apr-22-14 10:56 pm
JOHNSTON, Iowa - The five Republicans seeking Iowa's U.S. Senate nomination seemed to agree more than disagree Thursday in their final formal debate before the June 3 primary.
SACRAMENTO, California - A supporter of a rival Republican gubernatorial candidate filed a complaint Thursday with California's elections watchdog agency, claiming that state Assemblyman Tim Donnelly has failed to report the gift of a borrowed motor home as a campaign expense.
JUNEAU, Alaska - Republican U.S. Senate hopeful Mead Treadwell's campaign brought in nearly $300,000 during the first quarter. But much of that was in the form of loan Treadwell made his campaign.
PHOENIX - A bill preventing the Arizona Citizens Clean Elections Commission from investigating possible campaign contribution violations by candidates who don't participate in the program has been signed by Gov. Jan Brewer.
MEDIA, Pennsylvania - Gov. Tom Corbett is attacking two of his weakest polling points, his job approval by women voters and his efforts on education, with possibly just token opposition in the Republican primary and the general election looming less than seven months away.
DENVER - Three Republicans sparring for the right to challenge Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper in the November election were united on several issues in a debate Thursday, including their opposition to new gun restrictions.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Republican Gov. John Kasich has spent more than $860,000, including on two early TV commercials, headed into May's uncontested primary.
BOSTON - Two of the top Democratic candidates running for Massachusetts governor are faulting each other for not being strict enough when it comes to opposing outside money in the election.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Democratic incumbent Tom Udall holds a large fundraising advantage over two Republican challengers in the race for New Mexico's U.S. Senate seat.
PANAMA CITY - She's a political novice with a scant presence on the campaign trail, but Marta Linares has one vote that matters more than most in her bid to become Panama's next vice president: that of her husband, outgoing President Ricardo Martinelli.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's watchdog released his much-anticipated investigative report Thursday on the investment scandal that engulfed the state in 2005, concluding the bureau where it started has become significantly more professional and accountable.
CINCINNATI - A former business partner has agreed to testify against an Ohio lawmaker who is accused of misleading investors about a company's financial status and using their money to help fund his political campaign.
NASHUA, New Hampshire - A New Hampshire state representative who apologized for driving into some ducks outside a Nashua hotel last year and paid a fine is not seeking re-election after serving 14 years in the Legislature.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The four leading candidates in North Carolina's Republican U.S. Senate primary differed little from each other on issues important to the conservative base Wednesday night during their second televised debate in as many days.
SACRAMENTO, California - State senators participated in a two-hour ethics training session Wednesday, the fallout from a series of legal cases involving Democratic lawmakers this year that have damaged the Legislature's image.
SACRAMENTO, California - Four candidates vying to be the next secretary of state offered competing visions on Wednesday for controlling political fundraising and how they would best improve access and transparency for California elections.
DETROIT - A young Republican activist from New York was sentenced to 30 months in federal prison Wednesday for stalking and extortion after hacking into online accounts of 15 women and finding nude photos of them.
MILWAUKEE - U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin on Wednesday encouraged fellow Democrats to speak out about the successes of the new federal health care law, which Republicans have ridiculed on the campaign trail as an example of government overreach.
NEW YORK - States should face economic competition from each other because it pushes them to make sure their business environments are as strong as possible, Texas Gov. Rick Perry said Wednesday as he met with business owners in New York City and encouraged them to consider moving to his state.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A former Alabama state lawmaker being prosecuted on charges he misused campaign donations asked a state appeals court Wednesday to let the decisions of the trial judge remain in place for his trial.
WASHINGTON - The fight for the Senate majority boils down to boogeyman billionaires against the shifty septuagenarian - if party operatives' spin is to be believed.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A new television ad by Gov. Susana Martinez's re-election campaign features northern New Mexico Democratic officials praising the Republican governor.
NEW YORK - The politically connected former CEO of a prominent New York City charity has admitted he helped steal more than $9 million from the organization in an insurance scheme that authorities linked to campaign contributions.
LAS VEGAS - As bans against gay marriage crumble and public opinion on the issue shifts rapidly, some Republicans are pushing the party to drop its opposition to same-sex unions, part of a broader campaign to get the GOP to appeal to younger voters by de-emphasizing social issues.
DAVIDSON, North Carolina - The candidate in North Carolina's Republican Senate primary with backing from the party's Washington establishment came under little direct criticism Tuesday night as his top rivals had their first real chance to challenge him face to face.