- Rubio returns to South Carolina for town hall meetings Updated: Feb-10-16 3:58 am
SPARTANBURG, South Carolina - Marco Rubio is making a few campaign stops in South Carolina before returning to Washington for Senate votes.
- Donald Trump brings campaign back to South Carolina Updated: Feb-10-16 3:42 am
CLEMSON, South Carolina - Republican presidential hopeful Donald Trump is returning to South Carolina to campaign in advance of next week's GOP presidential primary.
- New Mexico House approves ethics commission plan Updated: Feb-09-16 11:56 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - New Mexico has moved closer than ever to creating an independent ethics commission to keep watch over the conduct of public officials in the wake of a campaign finance scandal that led the resignation and jailing of former Secretary of State Dianna Duran.
- President Obama visiting San Jose, Los Angeles Updated: Feb-09-16 11:35 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - President Barack Obama returns to California this week to attend Democratic fundraisers and make an appearance on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show."
- Indiana's Pence changes running mate before election Updated: Feb-09-16 7:41 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana Lt. Gov. Sue Ellspermann said Tuesday she is stepping aside as Gov. Mike Pence's running mate in an unusual move that allows a former state Republican Party chairman to join the ticket with the governor for a tough re-election campaign.
- Ethics: Former House Speaker Harrell must pay $113,500 Updated: Feb-09-16 4:29 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A legislative panel ordered former South Carolina House Speaker Bobby Harrell on Tuesday to pay nearly $113,500 within six months.
- Former McAuliffe ally turns against him on gun compromise Updated: Feb-09-16 1:54 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - One of Democratic Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe's biggest donors and political allies has turned against him with an advertisement campaign condemning him for a deal he struck with GOP leaders on gun policy.
- Former McAuliffe ally turns against him on gun compromise Updated: Feb-09-16 1:39 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - One of Democratic Gov. Terry McAuliffe's biggest donors and political allies has turned against him with an advertisement campaign condemning him for a deal he struck with GOP leaders on gun policy.
- AP Interview: Sheikh Salman urges 1 candidate in FIFA poll Updated: Feb-09-16 1:30 pm
PARIS - FIFA presidential candidate Sheikh Salman is calling on voters to agree on a single candidate ahead of the election.
- Closely fought Philippine presidential race gets underway Updated: Feb-09-16 11:00 am
MANILA, Philippines - Philippine presidential candidates launched their campaigns Tuesday in festive showbiz-style rallies to draw in the crowds in what is emerging as a closely fought contest to lead one of Asia's most unwieldy democracies.
- Gov't report: 8 states had significant drop in uninsured Updated: Feb-09-16 10:05 am
WASHINGTON - Eight states saw a significant drop last year in the number of residents going without health insurance, according to a government report out Tuesday that has implications for the presidential campaign.
- Primary puts values of retail campaigning to the test Updated: Feb-09-16 3:56 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Donald Trump upended the traditions of New Hampshire campaigning when he opted for mega-rallies over living room conversations and diner stops, spending less time in the first primary state than any of his rivals. Yet the businessman goes into the state's Tuesday primary with the hope of clinching his first win.
- Chelsea Clinton to campaign for her mom in swing state Ohio Updated: Feb-09-16 3:46 am
CLEVELAND - Chelsea Clinton is set to campaign for her mother's presidential primary bid in Ohio just days before early voting begins in the battleground state.
- Candidates sprint to NH finish, but brace for long campaign Updated: Feb-09-16 2:32 am
SALEM, New Hampshire - Eyeing their first wins in a capricious campaign, Republican Donald Trump lashed out at his opponents Monday while Democrat Bernie Sanders sought to play it safe on the eve of the nation's initial primary. GOP contenders vying for second and third saw fresh hopes for survival after New Hampshire as both parties settled in for a drawn-out slog to the nomination.
- House agrees to double donor limit ahead of pivotal election Updated: Feb-08-16 7:36 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - House Democrats and Republicans agreed to double how much money people can donate to political candidates, potentially raising the stakes for the November elections that could determine who controls state government.
- Union to pay $32,000 for campaign finance reporting errors Updated: Feb-08-16 6:35 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - State officials say a union representing thousands of public educators will pay nearly $32,000 after an attorney general's office lawsuit over campaign finance reporting deficiencies.
- Report: Kloppenburg leads Donald in cash Updated: Feb-08-16 6:33 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - New campaign finance reports show state Supreme Court hopeful JoAnne Kloppenburg is outpacing rival Joe Donald in fundraising.
- Trump to hold campaign rally Thursday in Baton Rouge Updated: Feb-08-16 5:44 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump will be in Louisiana on Thursday for a campaign rally in the 10,000-seat Baton Rouge River Center.
- Chelsea Clinton to visit Nebraska to campaign for her mother Updated: Feb-08-16 5:28 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Chelsea Clinton is coming to Nebraska to campaign for her mother ahead of the state's March 5 Democratic presidential caucuses.
- Group launches ad blitz in Arkansas' chief justice race Updated: Feb-08-16 5:26 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A Washington-based group launched television ads Monday portraying Arkansas Supreme Court Justice Courtney Goodson as beholden to trial lawyers and criticizing the chief justice hopeful over gifts and campaign contributions she's received.
- TV ads hit airwaves ahead of Wisconsin Supreme Court primary Updated: Feb-08-16 4:31 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Television ads are hitting the airwaves as Wisconsin's Supreme Court race heads into its final week before a primary whittles the three-candidate field down to two contenders.
- After Paul bows out, some Kentucky supporters go to Rubio Updated: Feb-08-16 4:26 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Less than a week after Rand Paul ended his presidential campaign, some of the Kentucky senator's top supporters in the state legislature have backed Marco Rubio ahead of the state's Republican presidential caucus next month.
- Travel fund for Kasich security tops $350K Updated: Feb-08-16 3:51 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The cost of Ohio Gov. John Kasich's security detail has skyrocketed since the Republican governor began running for president last year.
- House Finance Chairman fined for misreported contributions Updated: Feb-08-16 3:43 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Board of Elections has fined House Finance Chairman Raymond Gallison for misreporting $18,850 in campaign contributions.
- Sen. Warren raises more than $2.7M in campaign cash in 2015 Updated: Feb-08-16 3:01 pm
BOSTON - U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren won't face re-election until 2018, but she's raising campaign cash at a strong clip.