- Democrat Tom Wolf reports $2.2M in 2012 income Updated: Apr-17-14 8:59 pm
- Campaign agency considers fines for 2 GOP brothers Updated: Apr-17-14 7:52 pm
- McAuliffe, Warner donate funds tied to straw donor Updated: Apr-17-14 7:49 pm
- AEA battles tax credits in court, at ballot box Updated: Apr-17-14 6:02 pm
- Grossman debates head of Massachusetts gun lobby Updated: Apr-17-14 5:21 pm
- President defending health law good for some Dems Updated: Apr-17-14 4:57 pm
- Abbott campaign accepting Bitcoin contributions Updated: Apr-17-14 4:22 pm
- NC Sen. Hagan runs 1st ad, goes after Tillis Updated: Apr-17-14 4:07 pm
- Coakley pays $24,000 to settle campaign violations Updated: Apr-17-14 3:44 pm
- Hotel magnate, Democratic fundraiser pleads guilty Updated: Apr-17-14 3:07 pm
- Snyder turns in signatures for re-election bid Updated: Apr-17-14 2:05 pm
- Excerpts from recent Minnesota editorials Updated: Apr-17-14 11:14 am
- State panel seeks repeal of political donor limits Updated: Apr-17-14 8:43 am
- Recordings surface in New Mexico governor race Updated: Apr-16-14 8:06 pm
- Challengers show ability to compete for dollars Updated: Apr-16-14 6:30 pm
- Mellencamp unhappy with Wisconsin Gov. Walker Updated: Apr-16-14 6:20 pm
- Rep. Heck leads Bilbray in campaign contributions Updated: Apr-16-14 5:33 pm
- Roberts, Wolf report Senate fundraising totals Updated: Apr-16-14 4:48 pm
- Durbin banks more than $6M for 2014 Senate bid Updated: Apr-16-14 4:08 pm
- Bloomberg plans $50M gun control network Updated: Apr-16-14 3:46 pm
- Congressional challengers raising campaign cash Updated: Apr-16-14 3:32 pm
- Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies Updated: Apr-16-14 12:45 pm
- Self-funded Oklahoma legislator has most money Updated: Apr-16-14 12:02 pm
- Boughton: Refund of Foleys donations not possible Updated: Apr-16-14 10:47 am
- Rahall raises $324k in WVa's 3rd; Jenkins, $194k Updated: Apr-16-14 10:28 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Tom Wolf, a Democratic candidate for governor who took out a multimillion-dollar loan to help finance his campaign, reported nearly $2.2 million in adjusted income in 2012, according to two pages of his 2012 tax return he released Thursday.
SACRAMENTO, California - California's political watchdog agency began considering Thursday whether to fine two brothers for transferring money between their campaigns while both were running for state Assembly in 2008.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Gov. Terry McAuliffe and U.S. Sen Mark Warner are donating to charity funds tied to a wealthy hotel executive and Democratic fundraiser who pleaded guilty to campaign finance violations.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The state teachers' organization is fighting private school tax credits in court and the architect of the tax credits at the ballot box.
BOSTON - Massachusetts Treasurer Steve Grossman faced off against the state's gun lobby director in an informal debate Thursday meant to highlight what the Democratic candidate for governor says is the failure of a party primary opponent - Attorney General Martha Coakley - to embrace tougher gun control.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama's full-throated defense of his health care overhaul seems perfectly timed for Democrats who want their party to embrace the law more enthusiastically.
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott's campaign for governor says it will accept contributions made with the bitcoin virtual currency.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - In a foretaste of a potential general election matchup, Democratic U.S. Senate Kay Hagan and Republican rival Thom Tillis released dueling ads Thursday about the health care law and a messy personnel matter in the office of Tillis, the state House speaker.
BOSTON - Attorney General Martha Coakley's campaign committee has agreed to pay nearly $18,000 to charity as part of an agreement with campaign regulators over payments made with federal committee funds.
NEW YORK - A wealthy hotel executive and Democratic fundraiser who supported Hilary Clinton for president pleaded guilty Thursday to charges he secretly funneled more than $180,000 in illegal campaign contributions to three unnamed candidates and coached someone to lie about it.
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder has made his re-election bid official by turning in more than 26,000 signatures from all 83 counties to election officials.
St. Cloud Times, April 16
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The state Board of Elections is seeking legislation that would repeal an annual campaign contribution limit on individuals to candidates, party committees and political action committees.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Democrats called Wednesday for Republican Gov. Susana Martinez to apologize after a liberal publication released recordings in which she and aides used profanity and offensive names to describe political opponents.
WASHINGTON - Some of the challengers in California's most competitive congressional races are showing strong fundraising for the first three months of the year, reinforcing how much an independent redistricting process has changed the political landscape and turned a handful of congressional seats into battlegrounds between the two parties.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Liberal rocker John Mellencamp wants conservative Republican Gov. Scott Walker to know he supports union rights and says Walker should think about that before using his songs on the campaign trail.
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican Rep. Joe Heck was leading Democratic challenger Erin Bilbray by a 3-1 margin in campaign cash in the race for Nevada's 3rd Congressional District, a seat coveted by Democrats in the fall election.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Incumbent U.S. Sen. Pat Roberts has maintained his fundraising advantage over fellow Republican Dr. Milton Wolf in their Kansas primary race according to the latest reports filed with federal election officials.
CHICAGO - Democratic U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin has banked more than $6 million for his 2014 re-election campaign.
NEW YORK - Former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg plans to spend $50 million this year on a new group that will mix campaign contributions with field operations aimed at pulling 1 million gun-control supporters to the polls, he announced Wednesday, adding a new dimension to his long-running fight for tighter firearms regulation.
BOSTON - Two challengers hoping to unseat Democratic U.S. Rep. John Tierney have been raising hefty sums of money during the first three months of the year as they look ahead to the fall elections, but the incumbent still had the most cash.
WASHINGTON - As political campaigns begin to heat up, the Supreme Court is deciding whether false accusations and mudslinging made during an election can be punished as a crime.
OKLAHOMA CITY - A 27-year-old first-term Republican state representative from Oklahoma City who put $500,000 of his own money into his campaign has amassed the biggest war chest in the race to replace U.S. Rep. James Lankford in the 5th Congressional District, federal campaign finance reports show.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Danbury Mayor Mark Boughton says he wants to return $750 in contributions in his bid for the Republican nomination for governor from a couple who pleaded guilty in a campaign contribution scandal. But the money has already been spent, Boughton said.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Democrat U.S. Rep. Nick Rahall raised almost $324,000 last quarter for his contested re-election bid, while GOP challenger Evan Jenkins banked about $193,500.