- Tech Town Hall to feature candidates in Iowa, New Hampshire Updated: Nov-28-15 9:29 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - While they're used to facing Iowa and New Hampshire voters separately, presidential candidates will be questioned by both groups at the same time.
- In Haiti, No. 2 presidential candidate undecided on runoff Updated: Nov-27-15 4:22 pm
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - Campaign season for the final round of Haiti's elections has gotten started, but the second-place finisher in the presidential vote said Friday he hasn't decided whether he will participate in a runoff or continue to press for a recount.
- Presidential contenders differ sharply on climate, Updated: Nov-27-15 2:50 pm
WASHINGTON - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders calls climate change the greatest threat to national security. Front-runner Hillary Rodham Clinton promises to install more than 500 million solar panels across the country.
- Trump to campaign in Sarasota Updated: Nov-27-15 6:50 am
MIAMI - Republican presidential candidate front-runner Donald Trump returns to Florida for a campaign rally on Saturday.
- Sebastian Coe gives up role with Nike amid scrutiny Updated: Nov-26-15 3:51 pm
MONACO - Although new to his job, Sebastian Coe has already learned that some battles are simply not worth fighting when you're trying to lead a major sport out of crisis.
- Huckabee recovering after knee surgery in Little Rock Updated: Nov-25-15 3:14 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee is recovering after undergoing knee surgery Wednesday, a spokeswoman said.
- Bill Clinton opening fundraising spree for wife's campaign Updated: Nov-25-15 2:49 pm
WASHINGTON - Former President Bill Clinton is going on a fundraising swing reminiscent of his presidential campaigns of the 1990s. But this time he's doing it for his wife.
- Arkansas House candidate fined for failing to file report Updated: Nov-25-15 1:07 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas Ethics Commission has fined and issued a letter of caution to a Libertarian candidate for the state House after investigating a complaint that he did not file a closing campaign finance report with the state.
- GOP Utah governor candidate to debate Democratic lawmaker Updated: Nov-25-15 10:47 am
SALT LAKE CITY - A Republican candidate for governor says he's debating a Democratic lawmaker because Gov. Gary Herbert won't debate him this year ahead of the 2016 election.
- Clinton sets mid-December organizing event in Minneapolis Updated: Nov-25-15 9:07 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton is planning a mid-December campaign stop in Minnesota.
- UK public body provided $95,000 for Coe's IAAF campaign PR Updated: Nov-25-15 8:58 am
LONDON - British taxpayers funded part of Sebastian Coe's IAAF presidential campaign.
- Rubio finesses abortion stance criticized by Democrats Updated: Nov-25-15 3:17 am
WASHINGTON - When Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio staked out a hard-line position on abortion in the first GOP debate, Hillary Rodham Clinton took notice.
- Recording shows heated call between governor candidates Updated: Nov-24-15 8:26 pm
ST. LOUIS - An audio recording has captured a heated phone call between two Republican candidates for Missouri governor.
- House Democrats push campaign finance reform, ethics board Updated: Nov-24-15 7:12 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - House Democratic leaders on Tuesday rolled out their proposals for reforming New Mexico's scandal-plagued campaign finance reporting system and creating a statewide ethics commission - measures they say would help restore voters' faith in government.
- Political Practices boss adopts new campaign finance rules Updated: Nov-24-15 6:26 pm
HELENA, Montana - The Commissioner of Political Practices has adopted new campaign finance rules that he says will improve the transparency and reporting of money spent to influence elections in Montana.
- Sanders outlines plan to overhaul immigration laws Updated: Nov-24-15 5:52 pm
WASHINGTON - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders vowed Tuesday to create a "humane" immigration system and said if elected he would expand upon President Barack Obama's executive actions within the first 100 days of assuming the presidency.
- Lawsuit challenges Illinois ban on marijuana campaign money Updated: Nov-24-15 4:19 pm
CHICAGO - Two Libertarian political candidates have asked a federal court to declare unconstitutional an Illinois ban on political contributions from the state's new medical marijuana industry.
- NC elections head steps down as 2016 election cycle revs up Updated: Nov-24-15 3:36 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The head of North Carolina's statewide elections board is resigning just as the 2016 election cycle starts with candidates filing for ballot places next month, he said Tuesday.
- GOP's Carly Fiorina coming to Reno after Las Vegas debate Updated: Nov-24-15 2:30 pm
RENO, Nevada - Presidential candidate Carly Fiorina is headed to Reno after the Republican debate in Las Vegas next month.
- Stenehjem kicks off campaign for North Dakota governor Updated: Nov-24-15 1:53 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Republican North Dakota Attorney General Wayne Stenehjem kicked off his campaign for governor Tuesday while Democrat and former state Agriculture Commissioner Sarah Vogel began laying the groundwork for a potential bid.
- Republican contender Jeb Bush names Louisiana campaign team Updated: Nov-24-15 1:31 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush has named his Louisiana steering committee and finance chairs, ahead of the state's March 5 primary.
- For gadfly Hooker, cancer is 'a jolt' but also opportunity Updated: Nov-24-15 12:01 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The ups and downs of John Jay Hooker are the stuff of Nashville legend.
- Road-building exec sentenced for minority-contractor scam Updated: Nov-24-15 10:57 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - A politically connected paving contractor was sentenced to 30 months in prison for his role in a bid-rigging and kickback scheme involving nearly $90 million in government highway construction projects.
- DeMaio accuser sentenced to probation over threatening email Updated: Nov-23-15 8:11 pm
SAN DIEGO - An aide to former California congressional candidate Carl DeMaio was sentenced Monday to five years' probation for lying to federal investigators about a threatening email he wrote but said might have come from DeMaio, one of several allegations that rocked one of last year's most closely watched congressional races.
- Rival campaign, protesters gear up as Trump hits Ohio Updated: Nov-23-15 5:38 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ahead of Donald Trump's first Ohio campaign stop Monday, supporters of Gov. John Kasich's presidential bid said that the Ohio Republican has the resume to avoid making the type of inflammatory statements that are tripping up GOP rivals who lack similar government experience.