- Mass. gaming panel weighs Revere casino bid Updated: Dec-03-13 3:32 pm
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage Updated: Dec-01-13 3:41 pm
- NJ Democrats haven't agreed how to fund open space Updated: Nov-24-13 10:26 am
- Swiss reject plan to cap managers' pay Updated: Nov-24-13 10:25 am
- Mass. town votes down Foxwoods' casino proposal Updated: Nov-20-13 12:58 am
- Saratoga County balking at NY casino for city Updated: Nov-13-13 3:46 pm
- No lessons yet from Voter ID law Updated: Nov-10-13 1:28 pm
- New casino not a sure bet among Saratoga residents Updated: Nov-09-13 12:10 pm
- Mitchell County courthouse measure falls short Updated: Nov-07-13 8:42 am
- Distillery referendum approved in Morgan County Updated: Nov-06-13 5:59 pm
- Maine pot legalization advocates eye statewide law Updated: Nov-06-13 4:10 pm
- Muncie voters reject tax hike to fund school buses Updated: Nov-06-13 3:20 pm
- NY voters authorize 7 Vegas-style casinos Updated: Nov-06-13 12:23 am
- Royal Oak voters approve human rights referendum Updated: Nov-05-13 9:31 pm
BOSTON - A majority of the state's gambling commission appeared Tuesday to be leaning toward allowing Mohegan Sun to pursue a casino on land owned by Suffolk Downs in Revere, without requiring a second vote by the city's residents.
ZAGREB, Croatia - A majority of Croatians voted in a referendum Sunday to ban gay marriages in what is a major victory for the Catholic Church-backed conservatives in the European Union's newest nation.
TRENTON, New Jersey - The outgoing leader of the New Jersey Assembly says it's important that legislators figure out how to replenish the depleted open space fund before the end of the year, but there appears to be no consensus on how to fund the land acquisition program long-term.
BERLIN - Swiss voters soundly rejected on Sunday a proposal to limit the pay of companies' highest-paid managers to 12 times that of their lowest-paid workers, a plan that business leaders had warned could weaken the prosperous nation's economy.
MILFORD, Massachusetts - Town residents on Tuesday strongly rejected a proposal to build a $1 billion resort casino, further cutting into the field of potential candidates in the hunt for the state's first regional resort casino licenses.
ALBANY, New York - A week after New York voters approved Gov. Andrew Cuomo's plan to authorize seven Las Vegas-style casinos, residents in one of the most lucrative potential locations continue to balk.
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas has enforced its Voter ID law for the first time statewide, but there isn't enough data yet to claim the law was either harmless or an affront to voters' rights.
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - The coming expansion of Las Vegas-style casinos in New York puts Saratoga Springs on the short list to land a gambling palace, but many people here say they're doing just fine, thank you, without one.
OSAGE, Iowa - Not enough voters in Mitchell County want to spend millions to finance a courthouse replacement project.
WARTBURG, Tennessee - Voters in Morgan County have approved a referendum that allows an old prison to be turned into a distillery.
PORTLAND, Maine - Marijuana legalization advocates in Maine are aiming for a statewide law to legalize pot after voters in the state's largest city convincingly approved a local legalization ordinance.
MUNCIE, Indiana - A central Indiana school board member said she's "absolutely devastated" voters rejected a property tax increase intended to keep school buses running in the district after this school year.
ALBANY, New York - New York voters bet big Tuesday on casino gambling as an economic energy shot, agreeing to let seven Las Vegas-style gaming palaces be built around the state, including one that will eventually open in New York City.
ROYAL OAK, Michigan - Voters in the Detroit suburb of Royal Oak approved a human rights ordinance that makes it illegal to discriminate based on sexual orientation and a number of other factors.