- Maine court: Anti-gay marriage group must disclose donors Updated: Aug-04-15 6:02 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine's highest court on Tuesday rejected a national anti-gay marriage group's latest bid to shield the identities of the donors who contributed to its effort to defeat the state's gay marriage law in 2009.
- Catalan leader calls elections aimed at breaking with Spain Updated: Aug-04-15 4:35 am
MADRID - Catalan regional government President Artur Mas has officially called early elections for Sept. 27, a poll he intends to use as a referendum on independence from Spain.
- With Boston out, can Los Angeles revive a US Olympic bid? Updated: Jul-27-15 11:05 pm
Boston's bid to host the 2024 Olympics was undercut by its own mayor, its skeptical public and, finally, leaders of the U.S. Olympic Committee, who were tired of the city's ever-changing blueprint.
- Boston Olympics organizers downplayed opposition, files show Updated: Jul-24-15 7:04 pm
BOSTON - Organizers of Boston's bid for the 2024 Summer Olympics downplayed the opposition that was already galvanizing against it, as well as the prospects of a voter referendum, according to the documents that won over the U.S. Olympic Committee.
- Raritan panel votes to place Flemington merger on ballot Updated: Jul-23-15 8:43 am
RARITAN, New Jersey - Raritan Township residents will be asked whether the town should start discussing a possible merger with Flemington.
- Navajo Nation loosens language requirements for top leaders Updated: Jul-22-15 4:06 am
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - Navajos have voted to loosen language requirements for their top leaders, eliminating the need for them to be fluent in Navajo and giving voters more discretion in who can hold elected office.
- ND anti-corporate farming law petition signatures verified Updated: Jul-21-15 4:23 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A farm group seeking to block a new law that exempts dairy and swine operations from North Dakota's anti-corporate farming legislation has successfully pushed the matter to a public vote, Secretary of State Al Jaeger said Tuesday.
- Portland City Council considers raising minimum wage Updated: Jul-21-15 4:04 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - The Portland City Council is considering two initiatives that aim to raise minimum wage in the city.
- Group fighting prison relocation fails to get on ballot Updated: Jul-20-15 11:49 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah's Supreme Court has rejected a lawmaker's push for a referendum fighting the relocation of the state prison in Draper.
- On the brink, EU leaders clinched bailout deal - with an SMS Updated: Jul-16-15 2:22 pm
BRUSSELS - As dawn broke in Brussels on Monday, Europe's frazzled leaders gazed into an abyss: the looming exit of Greece from a common currency that symbolized European unity.
- Greece's departing finance minister, brash to the end Updated: Jul-06-15 3:04 pm
Greece's departing Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis resigned Monday with the same dramatic flair with which he served.