- North Jersey casino vote bill advances without key details Updated: Feb-08-16 3:01 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A plan to let New Jersey voters decide in November whether to authorize two new casinos in the northern part of the state is moving forward in the Legislature.
- Ballot language approved for corporate farming referendum Updated: Feb-08-16 12:12 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Ballot language has been approved for a referendum that would block a new law that relaxes North Dakota's Depression-era ban against corporate farming.
- Williston district to hold bond referendum on new school Updated: Feb-07-16 12:35 pm
WILLISTON, North Dakota - A school district in Williston is holding a bond referendum on a new school as officials seek to alleviate overcrowding amid student enrollment growth.
- Virginia advances right-to-work referendum Updated: Feb-02-16 2:43 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Virginia General Assembly has approved legislation setting up a voter referendum on whether the state should enshrine its right-to-work laws in the state's Constitution.
- Brussels proposals to keep Britain in the EU under scrutiny Updated: Feb-02-16 2:27 pm
LONDON - A pivotal "in or out" referendum on Britain's future in the European Union moved one step closer Tuesday as British and European leaders presented new draft proposals aimed at keeping the 28-nation EU intact.
- Editorial Roundup: Excerpts from recent editorials Updated: Jan-27-16 6:00 pm
Excerpts from recent editorials in newspapers in the United States and abroad:
- Thai leader says 2017 polls can be held without new charter Updated: Jan-26-16 9:24 am
BANGKOK - The leader of Thailand's military government said Tuesday the country will hold elections as planned in 2017, even if a proposed constitution is rejected beforehand in a national referendum.
- Ephraim voters to consider ending alcohol prohibition Updated: Jan-25-16 10:56 am
EPHRAIM, Wisconsin - Residents of a Door County village where alcohol sales have been prohibited since it was founded in 1853 will have a chance to change that tradition in April.
- Maine clerks busy verifying referendum petition signatures Updated: Jan-18-16 11:53 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Maine's town clerks are keeping busy verifying signatures for petitions aimed at getting referendum proposals onto the November ballot. And soon state election officials will kick into high gear, as well, to validate the petitions.
- Atlantic City casino revenue cut by half over 9 years Updated: Jan-13-16 6:04 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Atlantic City has lost more than half of its casino revenue during the past nine years.
- Redistricting amendment stalls but pensions, more go forward Updated: Jan-11-16 11:00 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Lawmakers hit the brakes on a ballot question regarding a legislative redistricting plan Monday but moved forward with proposals to ask voters to weigh in on opening casinos in northern New Jersey, paying for public pensions and using every cent of fuel taxes for transportation.