- Anti-tax measure qualifies for the November ballot Updated: Jul-29-15 10:26 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Initiative promoter Tim Eyman's latest attempt to limit the Legislature's ability to raise taxes has qualified for the November ballot.
- Democrats woo activists in key Des Moines neighborhood Updated: Jul-25-15 2:53 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Four years ago, the Beaverdale neighborhood in Des Moines organized big for President Barack Obama's re-election, building an uber-volunteer group skilled at phone-banking, door-knocking and boosting caucus and general election participation. The volunteers dubbed their leafy neighborhood Obamadale.
- Justices clear way for 2 Dem senators to run in 1 district Updated: Jul-24-15 7:02 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The state Supreme Court on Friday cleared the way for two incumbent state senators in northern Mississippi to compete against each other in the Aug. 4 Democratic primary.
- 2 Leflore schools remaining as election precincts Updated: Jul-24-15 4:23 am
GREENWOOD, Mississippi - Two Leflore County schools will still be used as voting precincts this year, despite earlier consideration of moving the polling places.
- Spain's jobless rate drops as government eyes elections Updated: Jul-23-15 6:58 am
MADRID - Statistics released Thursday said Spain's unemployment rate dropped to 22.4 percent in the second quarter, welcome news for the governing Popular Party as it prepares for upcoming general elections
- Mathematician says Kansas voting machines need to be audited Updated: Jul-20-15 3:34 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A mathematician at Wichita State University who wanted to check the accuracy of some Kansas voting machines after finding odd patterns in election returns is finding out how difficult it can be to get government officials to turn over public documents.
- Lawmakers could lose business group's support for tax votes Updated: Jul-14-15 4:47 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Tax votes that lawmakers took to balance this year's budget may cost them the support of Louisiana's leading business lobbying group in the fall elections.
- Malaysian police probe conspiracy to topple premier Updated: Jul-13-15 1:59 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Malaysian police said Monday they are investigating the leak of confidential documents that allegedly show millions of dollars were funneled to Prime Minister Najib Razak's account, an explosive disclosure that has shaken the ruling coalition in power since 1957 to the core.
- Myanmar opposition to run in November polls despite doubts Updated: Jul-11-15 8:52 am
NAYPYITAW, Myanmar - The Myanmar opposition party led by Nobel laureate Aung San Suu Kyi announced Saturday it will contest the general election on Nov. 8 despite misgivings about transparency, in an effort to challenge the ruling military-backed party.
- Pro-Bush group with almost $100 million to echo candidate Updated: Jul-10-15 5:20 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Flush with almost $100 million, a super PAC supporting Republican Jeb Bush's presidential ambitions is plowing ahead on a parallel campaign, promising to use its immense resources in a way that is untested but could revolutionize presidential politics.
- Chief elections officer says primary might need to be sooner Updated: Jul-10-15 1:19 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island's chief elections officer says she's concerned there's not enough time between the September state primary and the November general election to get ballots back from military voters overseas, and the primary may need to be held sooner.
- Too liberal, divisive to win Senate seat? Grayson says no Updated: Jul-09-15 5:38 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Democratic U.S. Rep. Alan Grayson entered the race to replace Sen. Marco Rubio on Thursday with some points he wants to make for the people who think he's an inflammatory, Republican-hating liberal who's too divisive to win a statewide election.
- New Mexico working to modernize voting system Updated: Jul-08-15 3:27 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - It won't be until after the 2016 general election that a revamped, more modern election management and voter registration system is fully implemented in New Mexico, according to the state's top election officials.
- Election seen as crucial step for Myanmar set for Nov. 8 Updated: Jul-08-15 8:50 am
YANGON, Myanmar - A general election seen as a crucial next step for Myanmar's transition to democracy has been scheduled for Nov. 8.