- Spain PM changes education minister ahead of elections Updated: Jun-26-15 5:44 am
MADRID - Spain's prime minister has replaced unpopular Education Minister Jose Ignacio Wert in an apparent step to try to halt the government's slide in popularity ratings ahead of this year's general election.
- Clinton takes a 'just enough' strategy to fundraising Updated: Jun-24-15 12:52 pm
ST. LOUIS - The stars are out to raise money for Hillary Rodham Clinton: Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett at the Plaza Hotel, Jon Bon Jovi at home in Jersey. So, too, are the Democratic Party's wealthiest donors, from a Facebook co-founder to the heiress of a brewing fortune.
- State Rep. Kapenga wins Wisconsin GOP Senate primary Updated: Jun-24-15 12:13 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - State Rep. Chris Kapenga of Delafield is headed to a general election to replace state Sen. Paul Farrow, who is leaving his seat to work as Waukesha County executive.
- Massachusetts launches online voting registration system Updated: Jun-23-15 6:48 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts is now the 21st state to offer online voter registration.
- Open Pennsylvania Senate seat to be filled Nov. 3 Updated: Jun-23-15 11:52 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A special election in western Pennsylvania is scheduled for Nov. 3 to fill vacant seat in the Pennsylvania Senate.
- Chittenden County state's attorney next attorney general? Updated: Jun-22-15 5:17 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Chittenden County State's Attorney T.J. Donovan will once again be seeking the Democratic nomination for state attorney general in 2016.
- Dems hope to win Rubio's Senate seat by sidelining liberal Updated: Jun-21-15 11:38 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Democrats see a chance to pick up the Florida Senate seat being vacated by Republican Marco Rubio - but only if U.S. Rep. Alan Grayson stays out of the race.
- Spain's Socialists name general secretary as PM candidate Updated: Jun-21-15 10:35 am
MADRID - Spain's Socialist party has appointed its secretary-general as candidate for the post of prime minister in the next general elections due to take place late this year.
- NC governor's bond plan fights for traction in legislature Updated: Jun-20-15 11:19 am
DURHAM, North Carolina - Gov. Pat McCrory has taken his pitch to borrow $3 billion to fund public works on the road to drum up public support in recent weeks, but it doesn't seem to have swayed minds in the General Assembly, which is focused on finalizing the state budget.
- Libertarians, Green Party seek access to Oklahoma ballot Updated: Jun-15-15 7:03 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Libertarian and Green parties announced plans Monday to launch signature drives to have their parties and candidates officially recognized in Oklahoma.
- School district workers to decide between 2 feuding unions Updated: Jun-12-15 2:29 pm
LAS VEGAS - An election will be held in November to settle a feud between two unions that want to represent thousands of Clark County School District workers.
- Lawmakers, ACLU protest 30-day residency voting requirement Updated: Jun-11-15 2:29 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Gov. Maggie Hassan is likely to veto legislation that would require people to live in New Hampshire for 30 days before they can vote in the state.
- Leaders in both parties claim victories after Va. primaries Updated: Jun-10-15 3:45 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Leaders in both Republican and Democratic parties got what they wanted out of Virginia's primary elections and said they are now well positioned for the November general election.
- Casinos, gubernatorial intrigue could top fall elections Updated: Jun-03-15 1:09 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - The field for the November general elections in New Jersey is set after this week's low-drama primary voting.
- In Turkish parliamentary campaign, Erdogan is everywhere Updated: Jun-03-15 6:21 am
ANKARA, Turkey - As Turkey's president, Tayyip Recep Erdogan is supposed to be the invisible man in the upcoming general election, constitutionally bound to remain above the fray. Instead, it's been all about him.
- THE LATEST: GOP presidential candidates gather in Florida Updated: Jun-02-15 9:26 am
ORLANDO, Florida - The latest from an "economic summit" hosted by Florida Gov. Rick Scott, where several of the leading Republican candidates, and expected candidates, for president are speaking Tuesday:
- Ritz for governor sets up fight for Democratic nomination Updated: Jun-01-15 8:13 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana Democrats could face a tough campaign to choose their 2016 nominee for governor as they sense an opening to oust Republican Gov. Mike Pence from office.