- Appeals court keeps school redistricting challenge alive Updated: May-27-15 4:06 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - A ruling by a federal appeals court has kept alive the challenge to Wake County school board election maps drawn in 2013 by the Republican-led state legislature.
- Arizona House Democrat to challenge McCain for Senate Updated: May-26-15 4:57 pm
WASHINGTON - Democratic Arizona Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick said Tuesday she will challenge Republican John McCain for his Senate seat next year, launching an uphill bid to unseat the five-term senator in the GOP-leaning state.
- State Sen. Miranda mulls run for 1st Congressional District Updated: May-26-15 4:47 pm
PHOENIX - State Sen. Catherine Miranda says she'll explore a run for the 1st Congressional District seat Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick will vacate next year.
- Supreme Court to hear Texas Senate districts case Updated: May-26-15 2:33 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court agreed Tuesday to hear an important case about whether states must count only those who are eligible to vote, rather than the total population, when drawing electoral districts for their legislatures.
- Looking for competitive politics? Not in New Jersey June 2 Updated: May-23-15 1:01 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey's voters won't see many competitive races at the top of the ticket when they head to the polls on June 2.
- Democrat Sabatina wins Stack's Philadelphia Senate seat Updated: May-19-15 9:13 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Democrat John Sabatina Jr. will join the Pennsylvania state Senate and take the northeast Philadelphia seat left vacant when Mike Stack became lieutenant governor.
- Florida Senate could pay legal bills for 23 senators Updated: May-12-15 5:13 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida Senate President Andy Gardiner is telling state senators that taxpayers will pay their legal bills as part of an ongoing lawsuit over state senate districts.
- Dems, GOP ready to act if Supreme Court axes House districts Updated: May-09-15 3:14 am
WASHINGTON - Vulnerable House incumbents are fattening their campaign accounts as the Supreme Court approaches a decision on a case that could force legislatures to reshape congressional districts in 13 states or more, perhaps in time for next year's elections.
- Special election in New York City for Grimm, Assembly seats Updated: May-04-15 4:13 pm
NEW YORK - Voters in Staten Island and certain sections of Brooklyn are getting another chance to make their political preferences known as a special election is held Tuesday to fill a vacancy in the state Assembly and another in Congress after a Republican's tax evasion conviction.
- Group starts new effort to put redistricting on 2016 ballot Updated: Apr-28-15 5:52 pm
CHICAGO - A coalition of business, clergy and civic leaders has launched a petition drive and fundraising efforts for a 2016 ballot question aimed at changing how Illinois draws political boundaries, an initiative group officials said Tuesday builds on a previous failed attempt.