- Candidates qualifying for top Ga. primary races Updated: Mar-07-14 1:55 pm
- Correction: Arizona Redistricting story Updated: Mar-07-14 1:35 pm
- Rep. Sinema to stay put in Arizona's 9th District Updated: Mar-06-14 5:28 pm
- Mass. special election primaries held Updated: Mar-05-14 7:17 am
- Ill. GOP congressional primaries closely watched Updated: Mar-03-14 4:29 pm
- Democrats may win few gains at NC legislature Updated: Mar-02-14 5:43 pm
- Nevada election season kicks off in earnest Monday Updated: Mar-02-14 9:08 am
- Nunnelee is lone Miss. incumbent without primary Updated: Mar-01-14 7:17 pm
- Ex-Democratic Rep. Taylor running in GOP primary Updated: Feb-28-14 7:37 pm
- High court upholds ruling on new Senate districts Updated: Feb-27-14 9:25 pm
- Ex-Microsoft engineer to challenge DelBene Updated: Feb-27-14 6:27 pm
- State Rep. Walt Rogers of Iowa quits US House race Updated: Feb-27-14 5:55 pm
- Jindal's ex-coastal leader running for Congress Updated: Feb-26-14 5:33 pm
- Field set in race to replace Fla. congressman Updated: Feb-26-14 2:25 pm
- Alabama candidate giving away shotgun Updated: Feb-25-14 4:49 pm
- Mass. congress members stockpiling campaign cash Updated: Feb-22-14 2:19 pm
- NH lawmakers throw support to DC voting rights Updated: Feb-20-14 1:04 pm
- ACLU accuses Cranston of prison gerrymandering Updated: Feb-19-14 5:22 pm
- Cantor raises money for Rouzer in NC Congress race Updated: Feb-18-14 9:28 am
- Federal judges discuss suit over NC Congress maps Updated: Feb-14-14 3:59 pm
- Lincoln district voters OK $153M bond measure Updated: Feb-12-14 6:33 am
- Newcomer, previous candidate enter 2nd race Updated: Feb-12-14 4:00 am
- Nevada PAC to target District 9 Senate race Updated: Feb-10-14 8:50 pm
- Lawmakers call for brewery district in Albuquerque Updated: Feb-10-14 5:05 am
- Picking Barrow opponent may be tougher for GOP Updated: Feb-08-14 9:59 am
ATLANTA - The final list of candidates who signed up for top races in Georgia primary elections May 20, according to Secretary of State Brian Kemp's office. The deadline to qualify was noon Friday.
PHOENIX - In some versions of a Feb. 21 story about a court ruling on a challenge to Arizona's redistricting process, The Associated Press erroneously reported the year voters passed Proposition 106 creating the Arizona Independent Redistricting Commission. The year was 2000.
BOSTON - A former state parks official has won the Democratic nomination to succeed Boston Mayor Martin Walsh in the state House of Representatives.
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - In a year when only half of Illinois' 18 congressional seats have March primary contests, the most closely watched are between Republicans as the party aims to undo a near Democratic sweep of contested seats two years ago.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina Democrats say they've got the energy and voters on their side heading into the 2014 legislative elections because of what Republicans in charge of state government did in 2013.
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Candidates for Nevada political offices have been raising money and campaigning for months, but the 2014 election cycle kicks into a higher gear Monday when the official filing period begins.
JACKSON, Mississippi - First District Republican Alan Nunnelee is the only Mississippi congressman without a party primary this year.
JACKSON, Mississippi - A former Democratic congressman from south Mississippi is running as a Republican this year, trying to unseat the man who knocked him out of office in 2010.
HELENA, Montana - The Montana Supreme Court has upheld a lower court ruling that the state redistricting commission acted properly when it met to assign state senators to new districts.
SEATTLE - First-term Congresswoman Suzan DelBene is facing a challenge from a fellow ex-Microsoft employee in her re-election efforts this year.
DES MOINES, Iowa - State Rep. Walt Rogers said Thursday he is quitting his campaign for Congress to run for re-election to the Iowa House.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Gov. Bobby Jindal's former coastal protection adviser, Garret Graves, said Wednesday he is running for Congress this fall.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Four Republicans, a Democrat and a Libertarian are running to replace a disgraced Florida congressman.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A candidate for the Alabama Legislature isn't just shooting his mouth off when it comes to the right to bear arms. He's giving away a shotgun.
BOSTON - Members of Massachusetts' all-Democratic congressional delegation are stockpiling campaign cash as they head into another election year, with many relying heavily on contributions from political action committees as they try to hold off Republicans intent on breaking their grip.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The "Taxation Without Representation" district came to the "Live Free or Die" state on Thursday to try to kick-start a grassroots effort to bring voting rights in Congress to residents of the District of Columbia.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The American Civil Liberties Union sued the city of Cranston on Wednesday over its decision to count state prison inmates on its voter rolls, alleging that it is skewing political influence in Rhode Island's third-largest city.
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - U.S. House Majority Leader Eric Cantor has injected himself into the May Republican primary for an eastern North Carolina congressional district.
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - While voters challenging two North Carolina congressional districts want to block their use in the 2014 elections, government attorneys want any decisions delayed until state redistricting lawsuits run their course.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Voters have approved the Lincoln Public Schools District's $153 million bond measure.
ELKHART, Indiana - A political newcomer and a candidate who has run unsuccessfully eight times for a congressional seat in Indianapolis say they will seek the Democratic nomination in northern Indiana's 2nd District U.S. House race.
CARSON CITY, Nevada - A gun-rights advocacy group announced Monday the formation of a political action committee that hopes to unseat a state senator who failed in his push to require background checks for gun purchases.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Two New Mexico state senators are seeking to highlight a "brewery district" in Albuquerque.
SAVANNAH, Georgia - While Republicans in eastern Georgia say they're more committed than ever to defeating Democratic U.S. Rep. John Barrow in the fall elections, GOP voters may have a tougher time than expected choosing a nominee in the primary.