- GOP Assemblywoman Victoria Seaman seeks state Senate seat Updated: Jul-30-15 7:37 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada Assemblywoman Victoria Seaman said she plans to run for the Las Vegas-area state Senate seat held by a fellow Republican.
- Democrats pick 5th District Assembly candidates Updated: Jul-30-15 11:10 am
BELLMAWR, New Jersey - Democratic leaders have picked two candidates to run for Assembly in southern New Jersey's 5th Legislative District.
- Governor sets special election to fill open Assembly seat Updated: Jul-29-15 6:28 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker has scheduled a special election in September to fill a vacant southeastern Wisconsin state Assembly seat.
- Former state representative joins District 2 race Updated: Jul-29-15 3:50 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - A former state representative has joined the race for the 2nd Congressional District seat in Arizona.
- GOP runoff next month for vacated SC House District 106 seat Updated: Jul-29-15 10:02 am
MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - Two Republicans meet in a runoff next month for the House District 106 seat on the Grand Strand vacated earlier this year.
- Florida Legislature will return to redraw Senate maps Updated: Jul-28-15 5:50 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Legislative leaders announced Tuesday they will hold a special session to redraw the state's 40 Senate districts after the chamber acknowledged it violated the state constitution by creating maps that benefit Republicans and incumbents.
- Florida congressional delegation will see upheaval in 2016 Updated: Jul-28-15 5:22 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Republican Sen. Marco Rubio's presidential ambitions and a court ruling tossing out several congressional district maps will cause upheaval among Florida's representation in Washington, including political complications for a congresswoman considered one of the state's few Democratic stars.
- Howard enters race for Maryland's 6th Congressional District Updated: Jul-23-15 2:26 pm
LAYTONSVILLE, Maryland - A former Republican candidate for Maryland's state Senate has announced his candidacy for the state's 6th Congressional District.
- Senators want to change how Ohio draws congressional lines Updated: Jul-23-15 4:23 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A bipartisan proposal in Ohio seeks to overhaul how the swing state draws its congressional districts.
- Democrats look to regain House seat in southern Illinois Updated: Jul-21-15 1:00 pm
BELLEVILLE, Illinois - A Belleville labor lawyer is the first 2016 challenger to a new Republican congressman who won a U.S. House seat that had been in Democratic control since World War II.
- Clive Democrat announces for 3rd Congressional District seat Updated: Jul-21-15 7:41 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - A Clive resident has become the first Democrat to announce that he'll try to unseat incumbent Republican David Young in Iowa's 3rd Congressional District.
- Florida Legislature to redraw congressional lines in August Updated: Jul-20-15 6:11 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida's Republican-controlled Legislature, dealing with the fallout of a sharply critical decision by the state's highest court, will hold a nearly two-week special session in August to draw up new congressional districts.
- Tentative special session date set for Va. redistricting Updated: Jul-14-15 5:16 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Democratic Gov. Terry McAuliffe has set a tentative date for a court-ordered special legislative session to redraw Virginia's congressional boundaries.
- Republican Danny Tarkanian announces bid for Congress Updated: Jul-13-15 7:17 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican Danny Tarkanian announced Monday that he'll run for the 3rd Congressional District seat being vacated by fellow Republican Rep. Joe Heck.
- City of Greensboro, 6 residents sue over redistricting Updated: Jul-13-15 6:28 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - The city of Greensboro and six residents are challenging in federal court a city council redistricting that legislators approved earlier this month.
- Panel to consider redrawing Montana's judicial districts Updated: Jul-13-15 3:08 pm
HELENA, Montana - A newly appointed panel will consider whether to redraw Montana's judicial districts for the first time in more than 80 years.
- Redistricting court battle costs Arizona taxpayers $1.5M Updated: Jul-11-15 2:34 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona taxpayers paid more than $1.5 million on the legal fight over a voter-approved system for redrawing congressional district lines, newly released records show.
- GOP members pick ex-district judge to run for Senate vacancy Updated: Jul-11-15 1:08 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Republicans in western Pennsylvania have chosen a former district judge as their nominee to fill a state Senate vacancy.
- Florida's congressional districts rejected as gerrymandered Updated: Jul-09-15 2:35 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The Florida Supreme Court ruled Thursday that the state's congressional maps don't meet the requirements of a voter-approved constitutional amendment that prohibits political lines from being drawn to favor incumbents or a political party. The court ordered the Legislature to try drawing the maps again.
- Group of Wisconsin Democrats sue over 2011 redistricting Updated: Jul-08-15 4:31 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A group of Democrats is asking a federal court to throw out Wisconsin's legislative Assembly district map, claiming the 2011 lines were drawn to the advantage of Republicans and therefore are unconstitutional.
- Trial continues challenging Va. House of Delegates districts Updated: Jul-08-15 4:19 am
ALEXANDRIA, Virginia - The chief architect of a Republican legislative redistricting plan is expected to testify in a lawsuit that claims the plan unconstitutionally packs black voters into a dozen legislative districts.
- State Sen. Carroll to challenge Coffman in Colorado's 6th CD Updated: Jul-07-15 8:26 am
AURORA, Colorado - Democratic state Sen. Morgan Carroll will challenge Republican U.S. Rep. Mike Coffman for Colorado's 6th Congressional District.
- Michigan groups eye redistricting ballot drive after ruling Updated: Jul-04-15 12:08 am
LANSING, Michigan - Advocates of overhauling how Michigan draws legislative and congressional seats plan to raise public awareness about redistricting in preparation for a potential 2016 ballot initiative.