- News Guide: Ohioans to decide how to redraw political maps Updated: Oct-03-15 2:05 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A fall ballot proposal seeks to overhaul how Ohio draws its legislative districts after state lawmakers struck a bipartisan deal to change the process.
- Dem Rep. Atkins skips run for Minnesota congressional seat Updated: Oct-01-15 2:55 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Veteran Minnesota state Rep. Joe Atkins is passing on a run for Congress.
- Comer, Pape to vie for retiring Rep. Whitfield's seat Updated: Sep-30-15 5:22 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - A longtime aide to U.S. Rep. Ed Whitfield and the second-place finisher in Kentucky's Republican primary for governor both say they want to replace the retiring 11-term congressman in next year's election.
- GOP US Rep. Ed Whitfield of Kentucky won't seek re-election Updated: Sep-29-15 4:41 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Republican U.S. Rep. Ed Whitfield announced on Tuesday that he will not seek a 12th term, ending a 20-year political career that helped alter the dynamic of Kentucky politics.
- Legislature OKs $4.3M to shore up districts' preschool funds Updated: Sep-29-15 4:29 pm
LANSING, Michigan - The Michigan Legislature is adding $4.3 million to the new state budget to ensure school districts receive the same amount of funding for preschool slots as this year.
- GOP US Rep. Ed Whitfield will not seek re-election Updated: Sep-29-15 3:37 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Republican U.S. Rep. Ed Whitfield says he will not seek a 12th term.
- Judge to decide fate of Florida's political landscape Updated: Sep-28-15 7:45 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A three-day trial that could decide the fate of Florida's political landscape ended Monday as lawyers for both sides accused each other of recommending changes to the state's 27 congressional districts that could benefit either Republicans or Democrats.
- Road toll fee, education tax credit up for debate in 2016 Updated: Sep-27-15 11:10 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The budget battle may be over, but lawmakers won't be searching for work when they return to Concord in January. So far, nearly 700 requests have been filed for new legislation - and that's just from the House.
- Boehner's decision to leave the House surprises constituents Updated: Sep-26-15 2:54 am
WEST CHESTER, Ohio - People in the Ohio district that House Speaker John Boehner has represented for decades are stunned by his decision to step down, nearly 35 years after he first won election there as township trustee.
- Federal court picks expert to aide in redistricting Updated: Sep-23-15 5:19 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - A federal court has appointed a special expert to assist it in redrawing Virginia's congressional boundaries.
- Judge picked in House District 98 primary challenge Updated: Sep-23-15 6:45 am
MCCOMB, Mississippi - A judge has been assigned to hear Tasha Dillon's challenge of her loss of the House District 98 Democratic primary to incumbent Rep David Myers.
- Virginia gov offers version of redrawn congressional map Updated: Sep-19-15 12:43 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Gov. Terry McAuliffe has offered his version of a redrawn congressional map in Virginia.
- Group announces more than 30 events about redistricting Updated: Sep-18-15 5:51 pm
LANSING, Michigan - A group that advocates for overhauling how Michigan draws legislative and congressional district lines plans more than 30 town hall-style events this fall on redistricting.
- Florida editorial roundup Updated: Sep-16-15 4:00 pm
Recent editorials from Florida newspapers:
- Beatrice district voters reject bond issue for elementary Updated: Sep-16-15 6:24 am
BEATRICE, Nebraska - A bond issue for construction of an elementary school has been rejected by Beatrice district voters in southeast Nebraska.
- Ohio Democrats back bipartisan fall redistricting proposal Updated: Sep-12-15 1:28 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio Democratic Party ended months of uncertainty Saturday when it voted to endorse a proposed overhaul of the way the state sets the boundaries for its legislative districts.
- Trial this month on new Florida congressional districts Updated: Sep-11-15 12:33 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A Florida judge is going to hold a trial later this month to sort out the congressional-district mess that now surrounds the state's political landscape.
- Ex-state lawmaker announces candidacy for 2nd District race Updated: Sep-10-15 4:14 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Focusing on a promise to tackle the burgeoning national debt, former state Sen. Chip Maxwell announced Thursday he will make a Republican bid for Nebraska's Omaha-centric 2nd District congressional seat in 2016.