- SC congressmen well-heeled for midterm elections Updated: Apr-17-14 11:49 am
- Rep. Heck leads Bilbray in campaign contributions Updated: Apr-16-14 5:33 pm
- Congressional challengers raising campaign cash Updated: Apr-16-14 3:32 pm
- Love leads fundraising for 4th District race Updated: Apr-15-14 4:40 pm
- Bachmann backs Emmer to succeed her in Congress Updated: Apr-15-14 10:20 am
- Mitchell pulls out of 12th District race Updated: Apr-15-14 9:56 am
- Wolf Point to redraw districts for school board Updated: Apr-14-14 5:56 pm
- Calif. Democrats walk middle path in health debate Updated: Apr-12-14 10:46 am
- Longtime Wisconsin GOP Rep. Tom Petri to retire Updated: Apr-11-14 8:12 pm
- Democrat joins race for US 3rd District Updated: Apr-11-14 6:28 pm
- AARP backs changes to Ill. redistricting process Updated: Apr-10-14 4:06 am
- Incumbents face off in 2 South Dakota Senate races Updated: Apr-07-14 5:40 pm
- Candidates to file for 2014 Oklahoma elections Updated: Apr-06-14 1:35 pm
- Ohio Democrats seek GOP missteps in US House races Updated: Apr-06-14 11:23 am
- GOP selects Miller to challenge Rep. Tim Walz Updated: Apr-05-14 6:50 pm
- NJ GOP candidates not in special election Updated: Apr-04-14 4:21 pm
- Democratic Sen. Keahey drops re-election campaign Updated: Apr-03-14 2:44 pm
- Excerpts from recent South Dakota editorials Updated: Apr-03-14 11:46 am
- Bill to change Neb. redistricting process advances Updated: Apr-02-14 8:19 pm
- Ill. political remapping group says has signatures Updated: Apr-02-14 7:04 pm
- Wagner, elected to York district, joins Pa. Senate Updated: Apr-02-14 3:29 pm
- Democrats sweep Mass. special elections Updated: Apr-02-14 8:10 am
- Allen, Stone clash in GOP debate for Barrow's seat Updated: Mar-31-14 9:42 pm
- Open New Jersey House seats attract competition Updated: Mar-31-14 8:55 pm
- Pastor endorses Wilcox in Ariz. congressional race Updated: Mar-31-14 11:43 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - South Carolina's seven congressmen have more than $3 million combined in their campaign accounts heading into this year's midterm elections. Their opponents have only a fraction of that.
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican Rep. Joe Heck was leading Democratic challenger Erin Bilbray by a 3-1 margin in campaign cash in the race for Nevada's 3rd Congressional District, a seat coveted by Democrats in the fall election.
BOSTON - Two challengers hoping to unseat Democratic U.S. Rep. John Tierney have been raising hefty sums of money during the first three months of the year as they look ahead to the fall elections, but the incumbent still had the most cash.
SALT LAKE CITY - When it comes to raising campaign cash, Republican Mia Love continues outpace her opponents in her bid to win the seat held by outgoing Democratic Congressman Jim Matheson.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Republican Rep. Michele Bachmann is formally backing GOP candidate Tom Emmer to succeed her in Congress as an expected primary awaits that Minnesota race.
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Former Charlotte City Councilman James Mitchell has dropped out of the race to fill the 12th Congressional District seat vacated when Mel Watt became head of the Federal Housing Finance Agency.
HELENA, Montana - Wolf Point school district has agreed to redraw its voting areas for board elections after an ACLU lawsuit argued the district favored white voters in the predominantly Native American area.
WASHINGTON - Democratic Rep. Ami Bera has been making a habit lately of bucking his own president and voting with the Republican majority in the House as it moves to amend or overturn parts of the national health care law.
MILWAUKEE - U.S. Rep. Tom Petri announced Friday that he plans to retire, ending a 35-year career as a moderate Republican from east-central Wisconsin.
OKLAHOMA CITY - A Democrat from Medford was the last to join the race for U.S. House in Oklahoma's 3rd Congressional District.
CHICAGO - AARP Illinois is the latest organization to back a proposal that would change the way Illinois' House and Senate districts are drawn.
PIERRE, South Dakota - When South Dakota Democrats look at state Senate races this fall, they see the seat held by Sen. Chuck Jones of Flandreau as an opportunity to chip away at the Republican dominance of state government.
OKLAHOMA CITY - Elections for both of Oklahoma's U.S. Senate seats, the open 5th Congressional District seat and statewide seats including governor and lieutenant governor will highlight a busy 2014 political season that formally kicks off Wednesday when candidates begin arriving at the State Capitol to file paperwork and pay fees to have their names placed on the ballot.
WASHINGTON - Their four congressional seats considered safe, Ohio Democrats head into the state's primary election looking to take advantage of any openings that might be created by Republican missteps or tea party challenges. But with all 12 GOP incumbents seeking re-election, the odds are stacked against them.
ALBERT LEA, Minnesota - Republican delegates on Saturday selected businessman Aaron Miller to challenge Democratic U.S. Rep. Tim Walz this fall, and the two defeated candidates agreed not to run in the official primary in August.
HADDONFIELD, New Jersey - Four Republicans are vying in a primary to represent a section of southern New Jersey in Congress, but none of them submitted papers to run in a special election to fill the seat from November through January, another quirk of an unusual election that has already donors allowed to contribute extra cash.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Democratic state Sen. Marc Keahey of Grove Hill has dropped his campaign for re-election in a southwest Alabama district that has become more Republican leaning.
Rapid City Journal, Rapid City, April , 2014
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Lawmakers have advanced a bill that would overhaul Nebraska's process for drawing legislative and congressional districts.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A group that wants to change the way Illinois draws its political districts says it has the signatures it needs to put a measure on the November ballot.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The owner of a York-based trash hauler is Pennsylvania's newest state senator after battling his own party for a write-in victory.
BOSTON - Democrats made a clean sweep in a series of special elections across Massachusetts held to fill vacant legislative seats.
STATESBORO, Georgia - Two Republicans seeking a second chance to unseat Democratic U.S. Rep. John Barrow of Augusta debated Monday whether the U.S. House's GOP leaders should be taken to task during the primary campaign in eastern Georgia's 12th District.
TRENTON, New Jersey - Four state lawmakers, two former mayors who moved from more than an hour away, and a former pro football player are running for Congress in New Jersey in an election guaranteed to produce more turnover than usual.
PHOENIX - U.S. Rep. Ed Pastor is endorsing Maricopa County Supervisor Mary Rose Wilcox in the race to succeed the Arizona Democrat when he retires from representing the state's 7th Congressional District.