- N. Carolina weighing single March 2016 primary for all races Updated: Sep-02-15 4:07 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina legislators are considering whether to move all primary elections next year to March, not just the presidential primaries, key House and Senate leaders said Wednesday.
- SC's Graham filing papers for home state Republican primary Updated: Sep-01-15 6:13 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina's Lindsey Graham is making his presidential campaign official in his home state.
- Deputy attorney general withdraws from closed primary case Updated: Aug-31-15 4:37 pm
HELENA, Montana - A deputy attorney general will no longer be defending the state in a Republican challenge to the state's open primary elections after the party accused him of misconduct.
- Upcoming Connecticut primary planned for a Wednesday Updated: Aug-31-15 4:20 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut's upcoming municipal primary will be held on a Wednesday, instead of on a traditional Tuesday.
- Former GOP lawmaker will run for treasurer as Independent Updated: Aug-27-15 7:58 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Former state Sen. Chris Telfer says she's running for state treasurer as a member of the Independent Party.
- Christie embarks on TV blitz to gain campaign traction Updated: Aug-27-15 7:18 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie embarked on a TV blitz Thursday as he works to gain traction in his 2016 Republican presidential primary campaign.
- Rand Paul stops in Boise along Western campaign tour Updated: Aug-27-15 6:31 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Republican presidential hopeful Rand Paul stopped in Boise as part of his Western tour to rally support and attract voters in a red-dominated state that is likely to have its pick of candidates during the GOP primary election.
- Congressman, North Carolina lawmakers supporting Jeb Bush Updated: Aug-27-15 5:40 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A congressman and key General Assembly leaders are atop Jeb Bush's campaign support group in North Carolina.
- Trump, Cruz to hold joint event to blast Iran deal Updated: Aug-27-15 5:17 pm
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - GOP presidential candidates Donald Trump and Ted Cruz are expected to headline a Capitol Hill rally against President Obama's proposed nuclear agreement with Iran, both candidates confirmed Thursday.
- 4 counties to have new voting gear for primary elections Updated: Aug-26-15 10:42 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas Secretary of State's office says only four counties will have the state's new voting equipment when primary elections roll around.
- The Latest: 3 House primary runoffs too close to call Updated: Aug-26-15 12:11 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - The latest on Mississippi primary runoff elections (all times local):
- Candidate drops challenge to 1-vote loss in House race Updated: Aug-25-15 8:13 am
BILOXI, Mississippi - Democrat Hunter Dawkins has dropped a challenge to his one-vote loss in the House District 121 primary.
- Future of voter ID lawsuit heard in N. Carolina state court Updated: Aug-24-15 5:32 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A lawsuit challenging North Carolina's voter identification requirement should be allowed to continue even after the legislature added exceptions this summer easing the mandate that goes into effect next year, lawyers fighting the law told a state judge Monday.
- Kentucky GOP OKs caucus; allows Rand Paul to seek 2 offices Updated: Aug-22-15 4:56 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The Kentucky Republican Party has agreed to hold a presidential caucus for Rand Paul - but only if he shows them the money.
- In Kentucky, an early vote on Paul's presidential campaign Updated: Aug-22-15 2:58 am
LONDON, Kentucky - Kentucky Republicans will gather in the state's capital on Saturday for essentially a vote of confidence in Rand Paul's presidential campaign.
- Paul, Bevin campaigns converge in central Kentucky Updated: Aug-21-15 8:27 pm
SOMERSET, Kentucky - Rand Paul and Matt Bevin were both little known businessmen with big political ambitions who decided to take on U.S. Sen. Mitch McConnell.
- Jeb Bush first to file for Vermont presidential primary Updated: Aug-21-15 4:10 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush is the first presidential candidate to file petitions to get on the ballot for the Vermont presidential primary set for March 1.
- Unemployment stays low in US states with nomination fights Updated: Aug-21-15 11:28 am
WASHINGTON - Unemployment rates fell in 24 U.S. states last month, including some of those with early presidential nominating contests.
- Candidate challenges one-vote loss in House race Updated: Aug-21-15 6:01 am
BILOXI, Mississippi - A one-vote loss in the House District 121 primary has a Democratic candidate challenging the election.
- The Latest on Springfield: GOP fires back at Democrats Updated: Aug-20-15 8:33 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The latest on activities in Springfield as Democrats gather for their annual Democratic County Chairman's Association brunch and Democrat Day festivities at the Illinois State Fair:
- AG Healey top Massachusetts Democrat to back Clinton Updated: Aug-20-15 4:58 pm
BOSTON - Attorney General Maura Healey says she's backing Hillary Clinton for president.
- Poll: Walker leads GOP foes, trails Clinton in Wisconsin Updated: Aug-20-15 2:43 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker leads other Republican presidential candidates in his home state of Wisconsin but trails Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton there in a potential general election matchup, according to the first statewide poll since Walker announced his candidacy.
- Ohio judge sentences ex-legislator in fraud case Updated: Aug-20-15 1:44 pm
CINCINNATI - A once-prominent Ohio legislator was led out of a courtroom in handcuffs Thursday after a judge ordered him to serve four years in prison in an investment fraud case.
- Second attempt to move Donaldsonville school fails Updated: Aug-19-15 7:43 am
GONZALES, Louisiana - Donaldsonville Primary School will stay at the location where it's been for close to 30 years, after a vote by the Ascension Parish School Board to move it farther from industry ended in a tie.
- Independent Party of Oregon is now a major party Updated: Aug-17-15 5:11 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Oregon now has a third major political party: Independent.