- Tech Town Hall to feature candidates in Iowa, New Hampshire Updated: Nov-28-15 9:29 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - While they're used to facing Iowa and New Hampshire voters separately, presidential candidates will be questioned by both groups at the same time.
- Group on track to get term limits on Union County ballot Updated: Nov-27-15 12:49 pm
UNION, Oregon - A group in Union County says it is on track to meet the Feb. 17 deadline to collect more than 627 signatures supporting a ballot measure to limit commissioners' terms.
- Judge asked to block photo ID mandate before January trial Updated: Nov-25-15 2:07 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - Opponents of a pending requirement to show a photo ID to vote want a judge to block the rule from taking effect during North Carolina's primary elections in March even before hearing evidence in court.
- Judge: GOP, Constitution Party exempt from open primary rule Updated: Nov-25-15 1:21 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A federal judge has ruled two Utah political parties that challenged a new state election law are exempt from a requirement that they allow unaffiliated voters in their primary elections.
- Congressional hopeful rejected by GOP in '14 running again Updated: Nov-24-15 2:56 pm
NILES, Illinois - A suburban Chicago woman whom GOP officials unsuccessfully tried to toss from their 2014 primary ballot after she linked same-sex marriage and abortions to autism, dementia and tornadoes is running for Congress again.
- Panel to decide Trump, Sanders, Cruz, primary eligibility Updated: Nov-24-15 4:05 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire's Ballot Law Commission is preparing to decide whether Democrat Bernie Sanders and Republicans Donald Trump and Ted Cruz are eligible for the state's presidential primary ballot.
- 2 sides argue impact of redistricting lawsuit on primaries Updated: Nov-23-15 9:53 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Attorneys representing the state and registered voters argued before a three-judge panel on Monday about the impact of a lawsuit filed over North Carolina's legislative district maps on the state's 2016 primaries.
- NBC agrees to give time to 4 Republican candidates Updated: Nov-23-15 7:29 pm
NEW YORK - NBC agreed Monday to give four Republican presidential candidates free time on affiliates in Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina after they complained Donald Trump unfairly benefited from appearing as "Saturday Night Live" host earlier this month.
- Nearly 60 candidates sign up for New Hampshire primary Updated: Nov-21-15 3:23 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A near-record 58 White House hopefuls - from favored frontrunners to a dark horse running on a pony-heavy platform - have signed up to be on the ballot for the New Hampshire primary.
- Carson to file paperwork for New Hampshire primary Updated: Nov-20-15 4:02 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson is the last major Republican candidate to file his paperwork for the New Hampshire primary.
- Last day to file for New Hampshire presidential primary Updated: Nov-20-15 4:02 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - It's the last day for presidential candidates to pay $1,000 and file paperwork if they hope to get on the New Hampshire primary ballot next year.
- Montana is latest state to reform campaign finance rules Updated: Nov-18-15 6:00 pm
HELENA, Montana - Montana is the latest state to overhaul its campaign-finance rules in an attempt to cast out dark money after the U.S. Supreme Court allowed corporations to spend unlimited amounts in elections.
- 17 candidates on Michigan's presidential primary list Updated: Nov-18-15 5:07 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Fourteen Republicans and three Democrats are on Michigan's list of presidential candidates for the March 8 primary election.
- Tucson to ask appeals court for rehearing on elections Updated: Nov-18-15 2:14 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Tucson will ask the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit for a rehearing on a ruling that the city's election system is unconstitutional.
- GOP attorney general candidates fight over Democratic votes Updated: Nov-18-15 12:02 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - For the two Republican candidates in the Louisiana attorney general's race, it's all about the Democrats.
- 4 Republicans, 2 Democrats vie for vacant state Senate seat Updated: Nov-10-15 3:31 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - Four Republicans and two Democrats are vying for a Tulsa-area state Senate seat vacated by a former Republican senator who pleaded guilty to embezzling money from the nonprofit agency where he worked.
- The Latest: Attorney files to run for Supreme Court post Updated: Nov-09-15 5:13 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The latest on the end of the one-week filing period for the 2016 election in Arkansas (all times local):
- Womack, Graham and Fiorina file for Arkansas ballot Updated: Nov-06-15 5:27 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Two more Republicans have filed to run in Arkansas's presidential primary next year, and U.S. Rep. Steve Womack has made his re-election bid official in the state.
- Fourth Democrat files to run for president in Arkansas Updated: Nov-05-15 1:50 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A Florida retiree who is pushing for a rewrite of the U.S. Constitution has filed to run in the Democratic presidential primary in Arkansas next year.
- Trump, O'Malley file for New Hampshire primary ballot Updated: Nov-04-15 3:29 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A leading Republican and a lagging Democrat became the first major candidates Wednesday to file for New Hampshire's first-in-the-nation presidential primary.
- The Latest: New Jersey Democrats pick up Assembly seats Updated: Nov-04-15 12:26 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - Here is the latest on the general election in New Jersey (all times local):
- Ex-con former Bridgeport mayor wins comeback victory Updated: Nov-03-15 10:18 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - An ex-convict who spent seven years in federal prison for corruption reclaimed the Bridgeport mayor's office Tuesday, completing a stunning comeback bid that tapped nostalgia for brighter days in Connecticut's largest city.
- What's ahead in long grind of 2016 campaign for president Updated: Nov-03-15 7:45 am
WASHINGTON - Election Day 2015 is Tuesday, which means we're a year away from the big Election Day to come - the one with the next president on the ballot. Here's a look at some of the milestones ahead before the end of the 2016 presidential campaign.
- No end in sight to GOP primary drama a year from election Updated: Nov-03-15 4:17 am
WASHINGTON - After a devastating loss in the 2012 presidential election, the Republican Party entered a period of intense self-reflection and emerged with a firm promise to learn from its mistakes.
- Ohio governor sets special elections to fill Boehner vacancy Updated: Nov-01-15 1:14 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A special election to fill the Ohio congressional seat vacated by former House Speaker John Boehner (BAY'-nur) will be held June 7.