- 5 Iowa GOP US Senate candidates debate on TV Updated: Apr-24-14 11:49 pm
- NC early voting begins for May 6 primary election Updated: Apr-24-14 7:46 pm
- SC Supreme Court: No Libertarian Party primary Updated: Apr-24-14 5:35 pm
- SC GOP threatens to sue Haley's former primary foe Updated: Apr-24-14 5:11 pm
- Trial set for GOP hopeful's lawsuit against party Updated: Apr-24-14 2:21 pm
- Candidates similar on issues in NC Senate debate Updated: Apr-23-14 10:40 pm
- Mo. House endorses June primary election date Updated: Apr-23-14 12:49 pm
- Republicans in NC's Senate race trade few hits Updated: Apr-22-14 10:56 pm
- Republican Curt Clawson wins special GOP primary Updated: Apr-22-14 9:13 pm
- Rounds has clear cash edge heading toward primary Updated: Apr-22-14 4:05 pm
- More than 73K Ohioans have voted early in primary Updated: Apr-22-14 3:48 pm
- Ala. governor candidate Stacy George seeks divorce Updated: Apr-22-14 1:59 pm
- Democratic incumbent legislator bumped from ballot Updated: Apr-21-14 7:51 pm
- Election officials confirm initiatives bumped back Updated: Apr-21-14 6:00 pm
- First round of absentee ballots in the mail Updated: Apr-21-14 12:12 pm
- Deadline nears to register for Arkansas primary Updated: Apr-21-14 9:07 am
- Lawmakers plan to power through on education Updated: Apr-21-14 6:37 am
- GOP making bold play for US Senate seat in Oregon Updated: Apr-20-14 5:15 pm
- GOP gubernatorial candidates relying on geography Updated: Apr-20-14 4:56 pm
- Former Upshur sheriff candidate's suit dismissed Updated: Apr-20-14 11:16 am
- It's mayor, grad student vs. machine in NJ race Updated: Apr-19-14 11:29 am
- Hagan contrasts persona, GOP in NC Senate campaign Updated: Apr-19-14 11:07 am
- Registration deadline to vote in primary near Updated: Apr-19-14 8:04 am
- Students can volunteer for Neb. primary election Updated: Apr-19-14 5:08 am
- Illinois Democrats plan organizational meeting Updated: Apr-19-14 4:05 am
JOHNSTON, Iowa - The five Republicans seeking Iowa's U.S. Senate nomination seemed to agree more than disagree Thursday in their final formal debate before the June 3 primary.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Thousands of people went to the polls Thursday as early voting began in all 100 counties for North Carolina's May 6 primary.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The state Supreme Court on Thursday upheld the law that governs how South Carolina's elections are conducted, dismissing the Libertarian Party's arguments against it - and potentially averting an Election Day disaster.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The South Carolina Republican Party ordered former GOP gubernatorial candidate Tom Ervin on Thursday to stop calling himself an independent Republican, which Ervin says tramples the constitutional right to free speech.
BOSTON - A Superior Court judge has allowed a lawsuit to go forward against the Massachusetts Republican party that was brought by a candidate for governor who is challenging the results of a state party convention vote that denied him a spot on the September primary ballot.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The four leading candidates in North Carolina's Republican U.S. Senate primary differed little from each other on issues important to the conservative base Wednesday night during their second televised debate in as many days.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The Missouri House gave initial approval to legislation that would move the state's primary elections to June.
DAVIDSON, North Carolina - The candidate in North Carolina's Republican Senate primary with backing from the party's Washington establishment came under little direct criticism Tuesday night as his top rivals had their first real chance to challenge him face to face.
FORT MYERS, Florida - The former CEO of an aluminum wheel company won a Republican primary Tuesday in a special election for the seat of a congressman who resigned in January after being arrested for buying cocaine.
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Former Gov. Mike Rounds has the clear edge in campaign cash heading toward the June Republican primary for the seat being vacated by retiring Sen. Tim Johnson.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - More than 73,000 Ohioans have voted early so far in the state's primary election next month.
DECATUR, Alabama - Republican candidate for governor Stacy George has filed for divorce from his fourth wife.
GALLUP, New Mexico - Democratic Rep. Sandra Jeff of Crownpoint, a maverick lawmaker who has sided with Republican Gov. Susana Martinez on several high-profile legislative votes, was removed from the June 3 primary election ballot on Monday by a judge who determined she had failed to qualify as a candidate.
JUNEAU, Alaska - It's official: the three initiatives that had been slated to appear on this year's primary ballot have been bumped to November after lawmakers went into extended session Monday.
HELENA, Montana - The first group of absentee ballots for Montana's 2014 primary election are in the mail.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Monday marks the deadline for Arkansans to register to vote in next month's primary election.
JUNEAU, Alaska - After blowing past midnight on what was supposed to be the last day of session, Alaska lawmakers planned to plow on with their work on Monday in a bid to resolve their differences on education.
LAKE OSWEGO, Oregon - The GOP is making a bold play for a U.S. Senate seat in reliably Democratic Oregon, where a Republican hasn't been elected to a statewide office in more than a decade.
PHOENIX - Two Republican candidates for Arizona governor in an already crowded field could have a critical advantage thanks to support close to home, the Arizona Capitol Times reported (http://bit.ly/1jWCfT1) earlier this month.
BUCKHANNON, West Virginia - A judge has dismissed a former Upshur County sheriff candidate's lawsuit against the County Commission.
LOGAN TOWNSHIP, New Jersey - Two of the Democrats running for Congress in New Jersey's 1st District say they're in the race largely because they feared no one else would take on the third, a state senator and brother of a non-elected powerbroker.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Kay Hagan's self-identification as a middle-of-the-road U.S. senator who fights for the middle class, among other groups, and responds effectively to constituent requests may sound trite coming from any politician's mouth seeking re-election.
ATLANTA - Georgians have just a few days left to register if they want to vote in next month's primary election.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska Secretary of State John Gale is encouraging students too young to vote to show up at the polls for the state's May 13 primary.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The Illinois Democratic Party is planning to hold an organizational meeting for the state central committee.