- Minn. GOP's Kline gets challenger from own party Updated: Dec-09-13 2:26 pm
- Kan. senator, GOP foe squabble on ethics issues Updated: Dec-08-13 11:38 am
- 2014 races shape up with filing deadline Updated: Dec-08-13 10:35 am
- For unions, Democrats' 2014 primary is a dilemma Updated: Dec-07-13 2:37 pm
- Pension vote could alter Illinois governor's race Updated: Dec-04-13 6:00 pm
- Roanoke sheriff GOP's nominee for House seat Updated: Dec-03-13 6:47 am
- Texas Gov. Perry returns to early primary state Updated: Dec-03-13 4:06 am
- US Chamber of Commerce promotes McConnell in TV ad Updated: Dec-02-13 1:19 pm
- Conservative to challenge Collins in Maine primary Updated: Dec-02-13 12:56 pm
- N. Georgia key battleground in Senate GOP primary Updated: Nov-30-13 11:36 am
- Mo. SOS backs bill aiding candidates in military Updated: Nov-21-13 4:49 pm
- Walker, Fleener may need to keep bids separate Updated: Nov-19-13 6:22 pm
- Businessman enters 2014 Iowa GOP Senate primary Updated: Nov-19-13 10:34 am
- Dalton mayor to challenge Gov. Deal from the right Updated: Nov-18-13 5:04 pm
- House sets Sept. 9 for Mass. primary Updated: Nov-18-13 4:37 pm
- Teachers union gives Dayton early 2014 endorsement Updated: Nov-15-13 8:37 pm
- Paul calls Bevin 'good, honest, Christian man' Updated: Nov-15-13 4:27 pm
- Judge upholds Hawaii open primary election system Updated: Nov-14-13 8:00 pm
- Rauner donates $500K to campaign for Illinois gov. Updated: Nov-14-13 6:33 pm
- McDaniels, Hosemann mudslinging begins Updated: Nov-13-13 11:23 am
- Many House Republicans say: What GOP crisis? Updated: Nov-13-13 3:18 am
- Kirk says he won't endorse anyone in GOP primary Updated: Nov-12-13 4:13 am
- Radio host Flynn to run for US Senate in NC Updated: Nov-11-13 2:37 pm
- Maine gears up for a long 3-person governor's race Updated: Nov-11-13 1:31 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A fellow Republican launching an endorsement challenge to U.S. Rep. John Kline said Monday that the six-term incumbent congressman is not conservative enough.
TOPEKA, Kansas - The campaigns of U.S. Sen. Pat Roberts and the Kansas Republican's primary challenger are sparring publicly over ethics issues, increasing the acrimony in their already contentious race.
AUSTIN, Texas - The time has come for Texas politicos to either put up or shut up for the 2014 elections.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - In 2002, the clock hadn't even struck 12:01 a.m. before Pennsylvania's labor unions had given well beyond $1 million to Bob Casey, the rising star of the state Democratic Party who nevertheless went on to lose the gubernatorial primary to Ed Rendell six months later in a race that wasn't even close.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Some longtime labor supporters chided Gov. Pat Quinn Wednesday over his legislative victory on a pension crisis he said he was "put on earth" to solve, a signal of the murky impact the landmark vote could have on next year's Illinois governor's race.
ROANOKE, Virginia - Roanoke Sheriff Octavia Johnson is the Republican nominee to fill Democrat Onzlee Ware's seat in the Virginia House of Delegates.
SPARTANBURG, South Carolina - Texas Gov. Rick Perry is returning to this early presidential primary state to help raise money for the South Carolina Republican Party.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The U.S. Chamber of Commerce will spend more than $180,000 to run a TV ad across Kentucky over the next 10 days promoting Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell as a champion for the state's coal industry.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Republican Sen. Susan Collins won't be unopposed on the primary ballot.
GAINESVILLE, Georgia - At the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains sits one of the most Republican congressional districts in the country that is home to Georgia's governor, lieutenant governor and speaker of the House.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri Secretary of State Jason Kander plans to push legislation next year that could give deployed military members aspiring to public office a chance to be listed first on the ballot.
JUNEAU, Alaska - Gubernatorial candidate Bill Walker and lieutenant governor hopeful Craig Fleener must maintain separate campaigns until after the 2014 primary, according to a draft advisory opinion for the Alaska Public Offices Commission.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Former energy company executive Mark Jacobs said Tuesday that he will run as a Republican for Iowa's open U.S. Senate seat in 2014.
ATLANTA - It has quickly become a crowded field of those looking to unseat Republican Gov. Nathan Deal next year, with Dalton Mayor David Pennington formally launching his campaign Monday aimed at wooing the state's conservative voters.
BOSTON - The state House of Representatives has approved a bill setting Sept. 9, 2014, as the date for the next Massachusetts primary election.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota's teachers union is endorsing Democratic Gov. Mark Dayton's bid for re-election well before Republicans settle on a candidate.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Tea party darling Rand Paul endorsed Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell long ago, but that didn't stop him Friday from sharing kind words about McConnell's GOP primary challenger, Louisville businessman Matt Bevin.
HONOLULU - A federal judge on Thursday upheld Hawaii's open primary election, ruling a lawsuit challenging the system failed to prove it's "facially unconstitutional."
CHICAGO - Republican Bruce Rauner has made a $500,000 donation to his campaign for Illinois governor, lifting the caps on political contributions for everyone in the 2014 race and ensuring a big-money battle for the state's top job.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Records show conservative Republican U.S. Senate candidate Chris McDaniel voted as a Democrat in the 2003 state primary.
WASHINGTON - As a Republican, freshman Rep. Ted Yoho of Florida cares about the Republican Party's image and fate. But what he especially cares about is a tiny sliver of the GOP: about 22,000 primary voters who lean heavily conservative and who secured his spot in the House.
BUFFALO GROVE, Illinois - Republican Sen. Mark Kirk says he won't endorse any candidate in Illinois' GOP gubernatorial primary.
KERNERSVILLE, North Carolina - Add another Republican candidate to the list of those who want to challenge Democratic U.S. Sen. Kay Hagan a year from now.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Paul LePage. Mike Michaud. Eliot Cutler. One year before Maine voters head to the polls to vote for governor, the race seems to already be set.