- US Senate hopeful Blaha tries to get name on primary ballot Updated: May-02-16 9:21 pm
DENVER - Robert Blaha is challenging a finding by Colorado's top elections official, who said the businessman did not collect enough voter signatures to put his name on the ballot for the state's Republican U.S. Senate primary.
- The Latest: Trump says Indiana win means 'it's over' Updated: May-02-16 8:51 pm
WASHINGTON - The Latest on the 2016 presidential race on the eve of Indiana's primary (all times EDT):
- Judge tosses closed primary lawsuit, but fight is not over Updated: May-02-16 7:37 pm
HELENA, Montana - A federal judge on Monday dismissed a lawsuit that sought to allow only Republican-registered voters to participate in its primary elections. But the legal fight to throw out Montana's century-old open primary system isn't over yet.
- Indiana primary draws record early voting with top races Updated: May-02-16 6:45 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana voters cast record numbers of ballots ahead of a Tuesday primary that has put the state in the national spotlight because of spirited Republican and Democratic presidential races.
- Nevada Democrats beat GOP in new registrations in April Updated: May-02-16 6:44 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Officials say new Democratic voter registrations in Nevada outnumbered new Republican registrations two to one in April.
- Nebraska secretary of state encourages primary participation Updated: May-02-16 6:09 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska's secretary of state says this year's spike in voter registration will not necessarily mean greater participation in the primary election.
- GOP state lawmaker Tucker ends congressional bid Updated: May-02-16 5:53 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Congressman Frank Guinta is down another opponent in the Republican primary to hold his seat.
- Cruz fights for survival as Trump eyes Indiana knockout Updated: May-02-16 4:20 pm
OSCEOLA, Indiana - Ted Cruz's conservative crusade for the presidency fought for new life Monday ahead of an Indiana vote that could effectively end the GOP's primary season. The fiery Texas senator hinted at an exit strategy, even as he vowed to compete to the end against surging Republican front-runner Donald Trump.
- Bill Clinton to campaign for Hillary Clinton in Kentucky Updated: May-01-16 4:39 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Former President Bill Clinton is heading to Kentucky this week to campaign for his wife, Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.
- Bill Clinton stumps for wife in southern West Virginia Updated: May-01-16 4:30 pm
LOGAN, West Virginia - Former President Bill Clinton drew boos and shouts from the crowd as he made a campaign stop in West Virginia coal country ahead of the state's May 10 presidential primary.
- Next up in NY Legislature: Uber, ethics and NYC schools Updated: May-01-16 1:51 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York lawmakers will return to Albany on Tuesday to begin the final weeks of their work for 2016, confronting a to-do list that includes a possible upstate expansion for Uber, a decision on control of public schools in New York City and the challenge of addressing Albany's perennial corruption problem.
- CA convention is a homecoming of sorts for Carly Fiorina Updated: May-01-16 8:09 am
BURLINGAME, California - When Carly Fiorina spoke at the California Republican Party convention at a hotel outside San Francisco airport, it was a brief homecoming of sorts for the newly minted vice presidential candidate.
- The Latest: Trump backers yell foul over Arizona party loss Updated: Apr-30-16 9:02 pm
MESA, Arizona - The Latest on the Arizona Republican Party convention (all times local):
- Jim Gilmore denied spot as GOP delegate to convention Updated: Apr-30-16 8:06 pm
HARRISONBURG, Virginia - Jim Gilmore can't catch a break.
- Trump campaign chairman in Virginia to run for governor Updated: Apr-30-16 7:59 pm
HARRISONBURG, Virginia - The chairman of GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump's campaign in Virginia says he plans to run for governor in 2017.
- Many Missouri Trump delegates aren't his supporters Updated: Apr-30-16 7:21 pm
BALLWIN, Missouri - Donald Trump earned 37 of Missouri's 52 delegates to the Republican National Convention when he won the March 15 primary, but as the state party began selecting delegates on Saturday, the New York businessman can't count on that level of support unless he clinches a first-ballot nomination.
- Massachusetts Republicans elect 27 delegates for convention Updated: Apr-30-16 6:58 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts Republicans on Saturday selected 27 of the state's 42 delegates to the GOP National Convention, where rivals of presidential candidate Donald Trump hope he will fail to get the required number of delegate-votes needed to win the nomination.
- The Latest: Many Missouri Trump delegates aren't supporters Updated: Apr-30-16 5:42 pm
BALLWIN, Missouri - The Latest on Missouri's congressional district Republican conventions (all times local):
- Delaware Republicans pick delegates to national convention Updated: Apr-30-16 3:00 pm
DEWEY BEACH, Delaware - Delaware Republicans on Saturday overwhelmingly approved the state party's slate of delegates to the Republican National Convention in Cleveland, where they are obligated to support billionaire businessman and Delaware primary winner Donald Trump on the first ballot.
- News Guide: A look at other primary races in West Virginia Updated: Apr-30-16 11:36 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - They're not running for president, governor, Congress or the state Supreme Court, yet some candidates in West Virginia's May 10 primary are hoping for the chance to earn their party's nominations for several statewide offices. Here is a summary of those races:
- The Latest: Kasich calls for balance on gay rights, religion Updated: Apr-29-16 7:40 pm
BURLINGAME, California - The Latest on the California Republican Party's convention, a stage for the GOP presidential candidates (all times local):
- NY congressional candidate says rival falsified petitions Updated: Apr-29-16 7:19 pm
NEW YORK - A New York congressional candidate is accusing one of his rivals of submitting "fraudulent signatures" on nominating petitions required to get on the ballot for the Democratic primary.
- Sanders campaign drops lawsuit after Ohio young-voter ruling Updated: Apr-29-16 7:10 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders' campaign says it is dismissing its federal complaint against Ohio's elections chief over a policy related to the state's youngest primary voters.
- Republicans beginning to make peace with Trump as nominee Updated: Apr-29-16 5:42 pm
WASHINGTON - They thought it was impossible. Some still fear it. Others can barely believe it. But leading Republicans are beginning to accept the idea that Donald Trump will be their party's presidential nominee.
- Cruz gets Indiana governor's endorsement Updated: Apr-29-16 4:49 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - In a setback for Donald Trump, Indiana's governor endorsed the front-runner's chief rival, Ted Cruz, on Friday, injecting new drama into the state's critical Republican primary contest just days before voters head to the polls.