- Morales tops convention gubernatorial balloting Updated: Mar-08-14 11:44 pm
- Morales tops convention gubernatorial balloting Updated: Mar-08-14 10:35 pm
- Schwarzenegger backs Ohio city for GOP convention Updated: Mar-03-14 5:58 pm
- Kansas City makes pitch for Republican convention Updated: Mar-03-14 5:06 pm
- Seattle passes on 2016 Dem National Convention Updated: Mar-03-14 11:25 am
- Groups reach deal on Utah caucus system Updated: Mar-02-14 10:26 pm
- Arizona GOP: Bill won't hurt 2016 convention bid Updated: Feb-27-14 7:26 pm
- Cincy, Cleveland, Columbus make RNC convention cut Updated: Feb-27-14 5:08 pm
- Las Vegas a finalist to host 2016 GOP convention Updated: Feb-27-14 10:05 am
- St. Louis looks to host Democratic convention Updated: Feb-26-14 3:08 pm
- Mo. House panel endorses moving primary to March Updated: Feb-25-14 10:22 am
- Denver submits bid for 2016 GOP convention Updated: Feb-24-14 2:56 pm
- Democratic Senators want GOP convention in Denver Updated: Feb-21-14 4:05 pm
- Cleveland organizes to court political convention Updated: Feb-21-14 9:58 am
- Detroit looks at political convention prospects Updated: Feb-21-14 9:48 am
- Third parties poised to pick Pa. governor nominees Updated: Feb-20-14 6:12 pm
- Malloy: Won't announce Conn. governor plans soon Updated: Feb-18-14 6:51 pm
- Mass. Democrats launch statewide party caucuses Updated: Feb-08-14 9:49 am
LAGUNA PUEBLO, New Mexico - Sen. Howie Morales of Silver City made a strong showing Saturday at a Democratic Party nominating convention, earning the top spot on the June primary ballot in the race for governor.
LAGUNA PUEBLO, New Mexico - Sen. Howie Morales of Silver City has earned the top spot on the Democratic primary ballot in the race for governor.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Former California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger is putting his muscle behind a bid by Columbus to host the 2016 Republican National Convention, even as the powerful U.S. House Speaker said he favors a different Ohio city close to his home district.
Mayor Sly James sang and others talked up Kansas City's ability to put on a good show as a delegation of about two dozen people made a pitch Monday to host the 2016 Republican National Convention in Missouri.
SEATTLE - Seattle was one of dozens of cities invited by the Democratic National Committee to bid on hosting the 2016 national convention that will nominate the party's candidate for president.
SALT LAKE CITY - A group pushing to overhaul Utah's system for nominating political candidates has worked out a deal with state lawmakers that both sides say enables more participation.
PHOENIX - State legislation that would have allowed business owners to refuse to serve gays for religious reasons likely won't impact Phoenix's chances of hosting the 2016 national convention, Arizona Republican Party officials said Thursday.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's three largest cities - Cincinnati, Cleveland and Columbus - have been named finalists in the competition to host the 2016 Republican National Convention.
LAS VEGAS - Las Vegas is among the eight finalists vying to host the 2016 Republican National Convention.
ST. LOUIS - The city of St. Louis again wants to host the Democratic National Convention.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A Missouri House panel has endorsed legislation that would move the state's presidential primary to March 15.
DENVER - Denver on Monday formally submitted its bid to host the 2016 Republican National Convention, arguing that its success with the 2008 Democratic convention shows it can handle such a large event.
DENVER - Colorado's two Democratic Senators on Friday urged Republicans to hold their next national convention in the Mile-High City, saying it would give delegates the chance to "experience the amazing quality of life that we have here in Colorado."
CLEVELAND - Cleveland nonprofit groups and community leaders are launching an organized effort to lure a national political convention to northeast Ohio's largest city in 2016.
DETROIT - The idea to have Detroit throw its name into contention to host a national political convention in the summer of 2016 is getting some attention.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - At least two third-party candidates are hoping to compete against Republican Gov. Tom Corbett and his Democratic challenger when Pennsylvanians elect a governor this fall.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Gov. Dannel P. Malloy says he doesn't expect to announce his re-election plans until after the General Assembly adjourns.
BOSTON - Democratic candidates hoping to land a spot on September's primary ballot are entering a critical stage of their campaigns as party activists begin meeting in small caucuses across the state this weekend.