- Trump's open path to nomination causes agony for some in GOP Updated: May-04-16 7:29 pm
WASHINGTON - Donald Trump's last Republican foe, Ohio Gov. John Kasich, ended his quixotic presidential campaign Wednesday, cementing Trump's remarkable triumph as his party's presumptive nominee and launching him toward a likely fall battle with Hillary Clinton. Some reluctant Republicans began to rally around Trump, but others agonized over their party's future.
- GOP's Hoeven, Dalrymple mum on presidential endorsement Updated: May-04-16 7:04 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Republican U.S. Sen. John Hoeven and GOP Gov. Jack Dalrymple say they are not endorsing a candidate for president, even though Donald Trump is now the party's presumptive nominee.
- Utah governor unsure if he'll support Donald Trump Updated: May-04-16 7:03 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah Gov. Gary Herbert is unsure if he'll support presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump.
- Republican race all but decided ahead of Washington primary Updated: May-04-16 3:33 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Washington state's primary later this month packs less of a punch with Ted Cruz and John Kasich dropping out of the Republican presidential contest.
- Essentials: New ways to see Philly from up high and down low Updated: May-04-16 9:47 am
PHILADELPHIA - With classic rowhouse architecture, brick sidewalks and narrow streets, some charming neighborhoods in Philadelphia can almost make you forget about cheesesteaks, Rocky and that whole American Revolution thing.
- The Latest: Sanders gets delegate boost; challenge remains Updated: May-03-16 10:47 pm
WASHINGTON - The Latest on campaign 2016 as voters in Indiana head to the polls for the state primary (all times Eastern):
- DC GOP removes delegate who preferred Clinton to Trump Updated: May-03-16 5:08 pm
McLEAN, Virginia - A Republican convention delegate who said she might prefer Hillary Clinton over Donald Trump has been stripped of her slot, according to party officials who say she lied about her residency.
- Viewer's Guide: Cruz, Sanders want campaign boost in Indiana Updated: May-03-16 12:22 pm
WASHINGTON - Ted Cruz and Bernie Sanders are all-in for Indiana as they try to stave off the growing aura of inevitability surrounding their opponents. But Donald Trump says his general election race against Hillary Clinton has "sort of already started." Clinton may not say as much, but she largely agrees. On what could be a pivotal night for Cruz, Trump is strongly favored in the state's GOP primary. Sanders and Hillary Clinton are in a tighter race on the Democratic side.
- Trump's Washoe County delegates meeting in Sparks Monday Updated: May-02-16 6:29 pm
SPARKS, Nevada - Washoe County Republican delegates supporting Donald Trump are gathering in Sparks to plan for the state GOP convention in Reno later this month.
- A brokered convention, 3 candidates, 2 factions: GOP in 1880 Updated: May-02-16 12:55 pm
CLEVELAND - It was a brokered convention with three candidates and two factions. Republican Party leaders hoped for unity, but once the delegates began voting, consensus proved elusive.
- Unity will be theme at Maine Democratic Convention Updated: May-02-16 9:34 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Maine Democrats are divided over the best candidate for president - Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders - but the theme will be unity as they gather for the state convention.
- Trump has a 'plan B' for convention - outside help Updated: May-02-16 3:46 am
WASHINGTON - Donald Trump has a Plan B if he's faced with a contested convention, and it involves the sort of outside groups that he's called "corrupt."
- GOP Senate candidates make pitches at state convention Updated: May-01-16 7:08 pm
BURLINGAME, California - Republican candidates for U.S. Senate made cameo appearances Sunday before a sparse crowd at a state party convention, underscoring the scant public attention the contest has generated in a state dominated by Democrats.
- The Latest: Former congressman Hayes back as party chairman Updated: May-01-16 11:00 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The Latest on North Carolina Republican Party activists meeting Saturday to consider a petition to remove the state party's chairman (all times local):
- CA convention is a homecoming of sorts for Carly Fiorina Updated: May-01-16 8:09 am
BURLINGAME, California - When Carly Fiorina spoke at the California Republican Party convention at a hotel outside San Francisco airport, it was a brief homecoming of sorts for the newly minted vice presidential candidate.
- Trump backers yell foul over loss at Arizona GOP convention Updated: May-01-16 5:46 am
PHOENIX - Texas Sen. Ted Cruz pulled out a strategic victory at the Arizona Republican Party convention, nailing down a large majority of delegates to the national convention amid cheating accusations from backers of businessman Donald Trump.
- The Latest: Trump backers yell foul over Arizona party loss Updated: Apr-30-16 9:02 pm
MESA, Arizona - The Latest on the Arizona Republican Party convention (all times local):
- North Carolina Republican Party chairman removed from post Updated: Apr-30-16 8:14 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The North Carolina Republican Party's first black state chairman was removed from his post Saturday, the climax of months of conflict with other party leaders who recently reprimanded him after deciding he exceeded his authority and tried to crash a GOP website.
- Cruz wins majority of delegates at Virginia convention Updated: Apr-30-16 7:56 pm
HARRISONBURG, Virginia - Supporters of U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz prevailed over backers of front-runner Donald Trump in a fight Saturday over delegates to the national Republican party convention, delegates that could help decide who becomes the GOP presidential nominee.
- Many Missouri Trump delegates aren't his supporters Updated: Apr-30-16 7:21 pm
BALLWIN, Missouri - Donald Trump earned 37 of Missouri's 52 delegates to the Republican National Convention when he won the March 15 primary, but as the state party began selecting delegates on Saturday, the New York businessman can't count on that level of support unless he clinches a first-ballot nomination.
- Massachusetts Republicans elect 27 delegates for convention Updated: Apr-30-16 6:58 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts Republicans on Saturday selected 27 of the state's 42 delegates to the GOP National Convention, where rivals of presidential candidate Donald Trump hope he will fail to get the required number of delegate-votes needed to win the nomination.
- Arkansas Republicans select 12 delegates to GOP convention Updated: Apr-30-16 6:49 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas Republicans have met in each of the state's four congressional districts to select 12 delegates to the GOP National Convention in July.
- The Latest: Massachusetts Republicans elect 27 delegates Updated: Apr-30-16 6:12 pm
BOSTON - The Latest on Massachusetts Republicans selecting delegates at nine caucuses (all times local):
- The Latest: Many Missouri Trump delegates aren't supporters Updated: Apr-30-16 5:42 pm
BALLWIN, Missouri - The Latest on Missouri's congressional district Republican conventions (all times local):
- Delaware Republicans pick delegates to national convention Updated: Apr-30-16 3:00 pm
DEWEY BEACH, Delaware - Delaware Republicans on Saturday overwhelmingly approved the state party's slate of delegates to the Republican National Convention in Cleveland, where they are obligated to support billionaire businessman and Delaware primary winner Donald Trump on the first ballot.