- Oklahoma House Republicans pick McCall as speaker for 2017 Updated: May-02-16 4:22 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma House Republicans voted behind closed doors on Monday to designate a two-term state representative from southeast Oklahoma as their choice for speaker beginning in 2017.
- Poll: Clinton has big lead over Trump in Minnesota Updated: May-01-16 3:29 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A new statewide poll conducted for the Star Tribune finds Democrat Hillary Clinton holding a big lead over Republican Donald Trump among Minnesota voters.
- 3 leading candidates vie to replace retiring Rep. McDermott Updated: May-01-16 11:03 am
SEATTLE - The three leading candidates to replace U.S. Rep. Jim McDermott are pushing to distinguish themselves in Washington's deeply liberal 7th Congressional District.
- The Latest: Massachusetts Republicans elect 27 delegates Updated: Apr-30-16 6:12 pm
BOSTON - The Latest on Massachusetts Republicans selecting delegates at nine caucuses (all times local):
- Presidential primaries for 2020 approved in Colorado House Updated: Apr-28-16 11:17 pm
DENVER - A plan to revive the presidential primaries in Colorado has cleared a big hurdle in the state Legislature.
- Senate Republicans pick Altus farmer as pro tem-designee Updated: Apr-27-16 6:33 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma Senate Republicans on Wednesday selected a 10-year veteran senator and cotton farmer from Altus as their choice to lead the Senate next year.
- Claremore senator to seek top Oklahoma Senate position Updated: Apr-25-16 7:14 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A state senator from Claremore is the latest to seek the top leadership post in the state Senate.
- Delegate math: How Tuesday could close door on Sanders bid Updated: Apr-25-16 9:36 am
WASHINGTON - Hillary Clinton can't win enough delegates on Tuesday to officially knock Bernie Sanders out of the presidential race, but she can erase any lingering honest doubts about whether she'll soon be the Democratic nominee.
- The Latest: Maine GOP elects Cruz-heavy slate of delegates Updated: Apr-23-16 9:13 pm
BANGOR, Maine - The Latest on the Maine GOP convention (all times local):
- Bernie Sanders supporter arrested at superdelegate protest Updated: Apr-22-16 7:58 pm
SEATTLE - A Bernie Sanders supporter was arrested while protesting U.S. Rep. Jim McDermott's choice to support Hillary Clinton instead of Sanders with his superdelegate vote.
- Both parties say presidential primary returning to Colorado Updated: Apr-21-16 6:37 pm
Colorado's harried presidential caucuses last month could be the last. A bipartisan slate of state lawmakers announced plans Thursday to return to a presidential preference primary for 2020.
- Both parties say presidential primary returning to Colorado Updated: Apr-21-16 6:35 pm
DENVER - The Latest on Colorado's move to a presidential preference primary for 2020 (all times local):
- The Latest: Clinton picks up at least 135 delegates in NY Updated: Apr-20-16 12:08 am
NEW YORK - The Latest on campaign 2016 as voters in New York cast their ballots in the state's primary (all times Eastern Daylight Time):
- Judge upholds new nominating system for Utah candidates Updated: Apr-16-16 12:23 am
SALT LAKE CITY - A judge has upheld a new political nominating system that allows candidates in Utah to bypass the political party caucus and convention systems in favor of gathering voter signatures instead - dealing a defeat to the state GOP.
- The Latest: Judge upholds new GOP nominating system Updated: Apr-15-16 7:46 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The Latest on changes to changes to the Utah Republican Party's nominating system (all times local):
- Trump backers plan protest of Colorado vote Updated: Apr-15-16 7:07 pm
DENVER - Donald Trump's backers on Friday demanded that the Colorado Republican Party reverse the results of caucuses that led to Trump getting shut out of Colorado delegates as the billionaire GOP presidential front-runner kept the focus on what he contended was a rigged process that shuts out most voters.
- Trump ramps up Indiana campaign after missing key deadline Updated: Apr-13-16 12:20 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Donald Trump is ramping up his presidential campaign in Indiana, but it's already running behind.
- Senate endorses bill to establish presidential primaries Updated: Apr-11-16 10:58 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - The Maine Senate is endorsing a bill to establish presidential primaries in the state.
- Gov. Herbert, Johnson spar over public lands lawsuit Updated: Apr-11-16 7:26 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Gov. Gary Herbert said Monday it would be reckless to file a longshot lawsuit now to try and force the federal government to give up control of more than 30 million acres of public land - defending his actions against criticism from GOP challenger Jonathan Johnson.
- 11 of 12 Iowa GOP delegates picked Saturday back Cruz Updated: Apr-09-16 9:33 pm
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa - Eleven of the 12 Iowa GOP delegates chosen at the state party's four district conventions held across the state on Saturday have voiced their support for Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz.
- Wyoming Democrats give Sanders another win Updated: Apr-09-16 7:55 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Wyoming Democrats handed presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders another victory Saturday over front-runner Hillary Clinton, but the small delegate prize was split evenly between them.
- The Latest: Sanders, Clinton split Wyoming delegates Updated: Apr-09-16 7:24 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - The Latest on Wyoming Democratic Party caucuses on Saturday (all times local):
- Things to know about the Clark County Republican convention Updated: Apr-08-16 10:41 pm
LAS VEGAS - About 2,000 people are expected to attend the Clark County Republican convention over the weekend to select delegates in the presidential nominating process, hold board elections and decide the party's platform for the upcoming year. Here are things to know about the event, which is the largest of its kind in Nevada:
- Court: GOP can't block candidates who skip convention Updated: Apr-08-16 4:40 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah's Supreme Court says the state Republican Party cannot block candidates from winning the GOP nomination if candidates skip the party's caucus and convention system.
- Q&A: Wyoming Democrats hold party caucuses Updated: Apr-08-16 11:39 am
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Wyoming Democrats caucus Saturday in each of the state's 23 counties. Party leaders expect robust turnout because of the presidential contest between Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton. Here's a closer look at Wyoming's Democratic caucus system: