- Schwartz, McCord, file for Pa. Dem gov primary Updated: Mar-11-14 9:28 am
- Israeli parliament passes charged parties bill Updated: Mar-11-14 9:22 am
- Democrats clock all-nighter with climate talk Updated: Mar-11-14 9:07 am
- Obama, Clinton circles overlap in Dem fundraising Updated: Mar-11-14 3:16 am
- Donald Trump headlining upstate NY GOP event Updated: Mar-11-14 3:04 am
- Gary King staying in race for New Mexico governor Updated: Mar-10-14 8:50 pm
- Montana primary election field takes shape Updated: Mar-10-14 8:24 pm
- Super PAC aims to help Pa. Dems in Legislature Updated: Mar-10-14 7:17 pm
- Democrats want assessment board nominee withdrawn Updated: Mar-10-14 7:06 pm
- Minnesota GOP lawmaker apologizes for NBA tweet Updated: Mar-10-14 4:16 pm
- Okla. City minister joins 5th District GOP race Updated: Mar-10-14 3:50 pm
- GOP's Nguyen drops secretary of state run Updated: Mar-10-14 3:13 pm
- NC Democrats' executive director hopeful ahead Updated: Mar-10-14 2:29 pm
- Senate Democrats aim ire at rich, obscure brothers Updated: Mar-10-14 2:17 pm
- Iowa GOP chairman surprises with plan to resign Updated: Mar-09-14 5:04 pm
- Barbour County Dems select 3 sheriff candidates Updated: Mar-09-14 2:52 pm
- GOP gov candidates cite proudest accomplishments Updated: Mar-09-14 12:07 pm
- Morales tops convention gubernatorial balloting Updated: Mar-08-14 10:35 pm
- Maryland governor derides tea party, urges unity Updated: Mar-08-14 8:44 pm
- GOP gay marriage division on display at conference Updated: Mar-08-14 8:08 pm
- Republicans decline to endorse Rep. Loon Updated: Mar-08-14 6:52 pm
- California's Brown hears fracking gripes Updated: Mar-08-14 6:46 pm
- Kansas Democrats upbeat about governor's race Updated: Mar-08-14 6:26 pm
- GOP fundraiser Welch dies at 80 Updated: Mar-08-14 3:03 pm
- Competitive House races shaping up across New York Updated: Mar-08-14 11:11 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The number of candidates for governor who have filed petitions for the primary election ballot continues to grow with the deadline only hours away.
JERUSALEM - Israel's parliament passed a contentious bill Tuesday that will raise the threshold needed for parties to enter parliament, a move boycotted by the opposition who derided it as undemocratic and aimed at sidelining representatives of Israel's Arab minority.
WASHINGTON - Democratic senators clocked an all-nighter, working in shifts into Tuesday morning to warn of the devastation from climate change and the danger of inaction.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama is bolstering his party's campaign coffers, joining an ally of former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton to help the Democratic National Committee climb out of a worrisome deficit. It's the latest alignment of the Obama and Clinton orbits, as the former first lady considers a White House bid in 2016.
SYRACUSE, New York - New York City real estate mogul Donald Trump is set to head upstate for a Republican Party event.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Attorney General Gary King is committed to staying in the race for governor despite his last-place finish at a Democratic pre-primary nominating convention, his campaign manager said Monday.
HELENA, Montana - Dozens of people filed as candidates for office ahead of Monday's deadline by the Montana Secretary of State, setting up competitive races for seats in the U.S. Senate and House, along with a slate of legislative and judicial openings in June's primary elections.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A Washington-based super PAC that spent millions on behalf of Democratic candidates for the New Jersey Legislature last year plans to provide similar assistance in 2014 to Democrats running for Pennsylvania's Republican-controlled Legislature.
JUNEAU, Alaska - Senate minority members are calling on Gov. Sean Parnell to withdraw one of his appointments to the State Assessment Review Board.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A Minnesota lawmaker apologized Monday for his tweet about NBA players that some saw as racist, saying he was rightly held accountable for inaccurate stereotyping.
OKLAHOMA CITY - A minister from Oklahoma City who has been working as a congressional staffer in Washington, D.C., is joining the crowded field of Republicans seeking to replace U.S. Rep. James Lankford.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The only Republican formally running for Minnesota Secretary of State abruptly halted his campaign on Monday.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The permanent leader of day-to-day operations at the North Carolina Democratic Party said Monday she's focused on winning elections and having the party speak for working people despite recent electoral and financial setbacks.
WASHINGTON - Democratic Senate candidates, facing withering criticism on the national health care law, are gambling they can turn voters against two billionaire brothers funding the attacks - even if few Americans would recognize the pair on the street.
DES MOINES, Iowa - The chairman of Iowa's Republican Party will step down later this month once a replacement can be chosen.
PHILIPPI, West Virginia - The Barbour County Democratic Executive Committee has selected three candidates to replace former Sheriff John Hawkins, who resigned after pleading guilty to a fraud charge.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - For state Sen. Kirk Dillard, it's an ethics reform law. For businessman Bruce Rauner, it's how his private-equity funds made money for state pension systems. State treasurer Dan Rutherford cites a fairer reimbursement of nursing homes. Sen. Bill Brady? His role in the state's landmark state pension overhaul.
LAGUNA PUEBLO, New Mexico - Sen. Howie Morales of Silver City has earned the top spot on the Democratic primary ballot in the race for governor.
LOS ANGELES - Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley introduced himself to California Democrats Saturday with a scathing indictment of the tea party and a call for a stronger middle class to move the country forward.
SEASIDE, Oregon - Young Republican activists implored their party to support gay marriage Saturday, saying the GOP is destined to continue losing elections in Oregon if it doesn't get behind an issue that's gaining traction around the country.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Republican delegates in Eden Prairie have declined to endorse state Rep. Jenifer Loon, one of four House Republicans who voted in favor of same-sex marriage.
LOS ANGELES - In a year when California Democrats are worried about motivating their voters, Gov. Jerry Brown heard another unwelcome message Saturday: Some Democratic activists are bristling over his administration's policies on hydraulic fracturing, or fracking.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas Democrats said Saturday that a day-old school funding ruling from the state's highest court will help their chances of unseating Republican Gov. Sam Brownback this year as Democratic challenger Paul Davis makes education spending the cornerstone issue of his campaign.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Ted Welch, a prolific fundraiser in Tennessee Republican politics for four decades, has died. He was 80.
ALBANY, New York - An empty seat and swing districts loom large as Republicans and Democrats look to pick up House seats in New York this year.