- Nebraska Democrats want GOP candidate to pull ad Updated: Apr-19-14 5:56 pm
- Ill. GOP officials who wanted Brady out replaced Updated: Apr-19-14 5:52 pm
- Hill criticized in GOP debate over donation Updated: Apr-19-14 5:24 pm
- Ga. GOP Senate hopefuls try to separate themselves Updated: Apr-19-14 5:12 pm
- Ohio fund invests $50M in fund led by GOP bundler Updated: Apr-19-14 4:59 pm
- GOP gubernatorial candidates clash in debate Updated: Apr-19-14 3:19 pm
- Taxes, minimum wage top issues in November Updated: Apr-19-14 12:43 pm
- Some W.Va. state Dems flip to GOP for midterms Updated: Apr-19-14 12:01 pm
- Missouri Republicans outline new gun proposal Updated: Apr-19-14 11:55 am
- Hagan contrasts persona, GOP in NC Senate campaign Updated: Apr-19-14 11:07 am
- Amid budget woes, gas drilling tax turns GOP heads Updated: Apr-19-14 11:02 am
- Former Mississippi Guv Barbour to speak in Ohio Updated: Apr-19-14 10:41 am
- National energy boom blurs political battle lines Updated: Apr-19-14 8:58 am
- Shumlin to keynote New Hampshire fundraiser Updated: Apr-19-14 8:25 am
- Shedding light on Clinton's health overhaul flop Updated: Apr-19-14 4:44 am
- Analysis: Hoping legislative defeats boost turnout Updated: Apr-19-14 4:26 am
- Illinois Democrats plan organizational meeting Updated: Apr-19-14 4:05 am
- Democrats: Illinois schools could face major cuts Updated: Apr-18-14 7:08 pm
- RNC team examines Las Vegas as convention site Updated: Apr-18-14 5:48 pm
- Medicaid, welfare to play big in Maine campaigns Updated: Apr-18-14 4:18 pm
- South Dakota begins absentee voting for primary Updated: Apr-18-14 3:14 pm
- GOP lawmaker objects to 9-0 vote for Obama library Updated: Apr-18-14 2:23 pm
- UK opposition party hires top Obama adviser Updated: Apr-18-14 11:22 am
- Advice to Democrats: Don't say 'recovery' Updated: Apr-18-14 8:58 am
- Illinois GOP leaders to urge immigration reform Updated: Apr-18-14 4:06 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Nebraska Democrats are calling for a Republican candidate for governor to pull a televised campaign ad showing him knocking a Barack Obama doll off a fence post while criticizing the president's health care law.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A crop of Republican officials who wanted to oust former Illinois GOP Chairman Pat Brady for his statements supporting same-sex marriage have been replaced in their party positions.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Republican congressional hopeful French Hill fended off criticism during a debate Saturday as his two rivals highlighted the Little Rock banking executive's donation to a former Democratic state treasurer's campaign and his support of a local sales tax measure.
GROVETOWN, Georgia - Georgia's top Republican Senate hopefuls are scrambling to prove who'd be the most conservative opponent to take on Democratic favorite Michelle Nunn in a race that will help determine which party controls the Senate for the final two years of President Barack Obama's term.
TOLEDO, Ohio - Ohio's government-run investment fund for injured workers has agreed to put $50 million into a Wisconsin-based real-estate investment fund run by a major bundler of campaign contributions to Republican presidential candidates.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Republican gubernatorial hopeful Asa Hutchinson called rival Curtis Coleman's vow to resist some deployments of the Arkansas National Guard "inflammatory rhetoric" as the two squared off in a debate on Saturday.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The biggest political fallout from the just-ended legislative session won't be about what lawmakers did, but what they did not do.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - As Republicans rally for more control in West Virginia's long-time Democratic Legislature, a few Democrats have jumped ship to the GOP and are challenging former colleagues in midterm races.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri Republicans are considering a new approach to prevent federal agents from enforcing laws the state considers to be infringements on gun rights - barring them from future careers in state law enforcement agencies.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Kay Hagan's self-identification as a middle-of-the-road U.S. senator who fights for the middle class, among other groups, and responds effectively to constituent requests may sound trite coming from any politician's mouth seeking re-election.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Slapping Pennsylvania's booming natural gas industry with a new tax has long been the currency of Democrats, and now an increasingly grim budget picture is turning Republican heads in the GOP-controlled state Legislature.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Former Mississippi governor Haley Barbour will be a featured speaker at the Ohio GOP's annual dinner in Columbus.
DENVER - The U.S. energy boom is blurring the traditional political battle lines across the country.
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - New Hampshire Democrats are hearing from the governor of Vermont at their annual fundraising dinner.
WASHINGTON - Thousands of pages of documents from President Bill Clinton's White House affirm a longtime adage: The more things change, the more they stay the same.
WASHINGTON - Flip sides of the same campaign-season coin, the Republican drive in Congress to repeal the nation's health care law and the Democratic call to close the pay gap for women have much in common.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The Illinois Democratic Party is planning to hold an organizational meeting for the state central committee.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Most of Illinois' 860 school districts would see cuts in funding if the state's temporary tax increase is rolled back as scheduled, according to a document being circulated as part of Illinois Democrats' campaign to preserve the tax hike and push to update the state's school funding formula.
LAS VEGAS - A Republican National Committee team has paid a visit to Las Vegas to explore the logistics for staging the GOP's 2016 national convention.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine Democrats have fallen short so far in their attempt to expand Medicaid under the federal health care law this year, and Republicans didn't get their wish to overhaul welfare programs, either. But that won't stop them from trying to transform those failures into successes on the campaign trail as they now return to their districts to drum up votes for the November election.
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota voters who live out of the state, will be travelling on Election Day or simply want to cast their vote early can do so with absentee ballots beginning Friday.
CHICAGO - At least one Republican lawmaker says he's filing a protest after an Illinois House committee recorded a 9-0 vote to commit $100 million to bring President Barack Obama's library to Chicago, even though only five Democrats - and none of the committee's four GOP members - were there.
LONDON - Britain's opposition Labour Party has recruited David Axelrod - a key figure behind Barack Obama's two presidential victories - to help with its leader's election bid next year.
WASHINGTON - Election-year memo to Democratic candidates: Don't talk about the economic recovery. It's a political loser.
CHICAGO - Candidate for governor Bruce Rauner (ROW'-nur) and other top Illinois Republicans will join the Illinois Business Immigration Coalition at a gathering next week to urge Congress to adopt immigration reform.