- Gridlock in the Senate, progress in the House Updated: Dec-12-13 7:53 am
- House Republicans get behind budget agreement Updated: Dec-12-13 7:50 am
- Senate holds talkathon over Obama nominees Updated: Dec-12-13 1:33 am
- Snyder condemns GOP leader's anti-gay statement Updated: Dec-11-13 9:32 pm
- Boise GOP to meet Tuesday over Rep. Patterson Updated: Dec-11-13 8:05 pm
- Analysis: For once, gridlock takes a seat Updated: Dec-11-13 7:08 pm
- Dem reassures backers in race for Ohio governor Updated: Dec-11-13 6:56 pm
- Calif. Assembly Democrats urge $8B budget reserve Updated: Dec-11-13 6:04 pm
- Pa. Dem gov hopeful Wolf says he's raised $2.9M Updated: Dec-11-13 3:54 pm
- Democrats ask for recanvass in House race Updated: Dec-11-13 3:07 pm
- Zenzinger named to fill seat of resigned senator Updated: Dec-10-13 10:31 pm
- Wisconsin Democrats push minimum wage hike Updated: Dec-10-13 6:08 pm
- Maine Democrats question $1M Medicaid review Updated: Dec-10-13 5:59 pm
- Democrat ends bid to be Ohio's lieutenant governor Updated: Dec-10-13 5:47 pm
- GOP picks central Fla. senator to lead Senate Updated: Dec-10-13 4:15 pm
- Dems clear way for Senate OK of Obama housing pick Updated: Dec-10-13 12:45 pm
- Ill. GOP leader, envoy Rich Williamson dies at 64 Updated: Dec-10-13 1:44 am
- Stockman challenges Cornyn in Texas US Senate race Updated: Dec-09-13 11:51 pm
- Democrats question Mead about Medicaid expansion Updated: Dec-09-13 7:26 pm
- GOP statewide judge files as Democrat for 2014 Updated: Dec-09-13 6:51 pm
- Dempsey presses Congress to act on defense bill Updated: Dec-09-13 6:46 pm
- 2 NC Republicans announce Congress candidacies Updated: Dec-09-13 5:56 pm
- Iowa GOP changes payment rules for party leaders Updated: Dec-09-13 5:54 pm
- Health care debate has trust, politics themes, too Updated: Dec-09-13 5:21 pm
- McGrane to make GOP SOS announcement, offers BBQ Updated: Dec-09-13 4:17 pm
WASHINGTON - A budget agreement between key Republicans and Democrats. Even President Barack Obama was on board. All without anyone threatening to repeal this or shut down that.
WASHINGTON - House Republicans are rallying behind a modest budget pact that promises to bring a temporary halt to budget brinkmanship in Washington and ease automatic budget cuts that would otherwise slam the Pentagon and domestic agencies for a second straight year.
WASHINGTON - The Senate began an around-the-clock talkathon Wednesday over some of President Barack Obama's nominees as embittered and outnumbered Republicans refused to let the Senate take a break given new, Democratic-driven curbs on the GOP's power.
LAKE TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Republican Gov. Rick Snyder has condemned GOP National Committeeman Dave Agema's statement that gay people are seeking health insurance for same-sex partners because they are dying of AIDS and want free medical care.
BOISE, Idaho - Boise Republicans Wednesday invited Rep. Mark Patterson to a meeting next week where he could be asked to resign.
WASHINGTON - Sit down, gridlock.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - State Democrats' presumptive 2014 gubernatorial nominee, Ed FitzGerald, sought on Wednesday to reassure supporters that his campaign is focused and moving forward after his running mate left the race in a flap over unpaid tax debts.
SACRAMENTO, California - Assembly Speaker John Perez pledged Wednesday to cautiously begin restoring funding to some social programs that were slashed during the recession and said lawmakers will ask voters to approve a revised rainy day fund on the November 2014 ballot.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Tom Wolf's gubernatorial campaign said Wednesday it has raised $2.9 million in addition to the $10 million the businessman plans to spend in the primary race, raising eyebrows but prompting no similar disclosures by his poker-faced Democratic competitors.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Democrats are seeking a recanvass in a western Kentucky legislative race in which a Republican has already claimed victory.
WESTMINSTER, Colorado - An Arvada city official has been named a new state senator, replacing one who resigned rather than face a recall election.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Democrats in the Wisconsin Legislature, including possible gubernatorial candidate Sen. Kathleen Vinehout, called on Republicans Tuesday to hold a public hearing on a bill to increase the minimum wage.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine Democrats questioned Tuesday why Republican Gov. Paul LePage's administration didn't hold a competitive bidding process before signing a contract with an outside consultant for nearly $1 million to review its Medicaid program.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A Democratic lieutenant governor candidate in Ohio who faced hundreds of thousands of dollars in state and federal tax liens dropped out of the race Tuesday, saying his financial troubles were taking away from debate on important policy issues.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A central Florida state senator is being chosen as the Republican designate for Senate President.
WASHINGTON - Democrats have used the Senate's newly eased filibuster procedures to clear the way for confirmation of the man President Barack Obama wants to become a top housing regulator.
CHICAGO - A former U.S. Senate candidate and diplomat described as one of the Illinois Republican Party's most influential minds has died of complications from a cerebral hemorrhage.
AUSTIN, Texas - In a last-minute surprise late Monday, U.S. Rep. Steve Stockman filed paperwork to challenge fellow Texas Republican and powerful incumbent John Cornyn for the U.S. Senate next year.
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Democratic lawmakers questioned Gov. Matt Mead on Monday about his recommendation that Wyoming not expand Medicaid to offer health insurance to thousands of low-income adults.
AUSTIN, Texas - Democrats say they finally hold a statewide office again in Texas - thanks to a Republican who's switching sides.
WASHINGTON - The nation's top military leader pleaded with Congress on Monday to complete the defense bill before year's end as Democrats and Republicans on the Armed Services committees reached agreement on compromise legislation to pay for warfighters, ships and aircraft.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Two more Republicans say they're running for Congress. One is seeking to succeed retiring GOP Rep. Howard Coble and the other to challenge current Republican incumbent Renee Ellmers.
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Republican Party of Iowa is barring party officials from taking compensation from political campaigns.
WASHINGTON - For months, the talk was all about computer code. About response times. About glitches and bugs.
BOISE, Idaho - The race for Idaho secretary of state may get more crowded on the Republican side.