- Judge orders separate trials for robbery suspects Updated: Apr-19-14 1:13 pm
- When NY court named for ex-judge, another bristles Updated: Apr-19-14 1:02 pm
- Kansas high court opposes judicial budget Updated: Apr-19-14 12:52 pm
- Brown County takes 2nd run at courthouse upgrades Updated: Apr-19-14 11:31 am
- Appeals court revives case against protester Updated: Apr-19-14 10:22 am
- Cooper asks NC court to intervene in rate increase Updated: Apr-19-14 4:04 am
- Federal appeals court upholds Walker's union law Updated: Apr-18-14 7:34 pm
- Wisconsin court to decide on testing drunk drivers Updated: Apr-18-14 7:29 pm
- Former Kansas lawmaker killed in ultralight crash Updated: Apr-18-14 6:58 pm
- Kansas speech by Michelle Obama draws complaints Updated: Apr-18-14 6:28 pm
- Court: Lancaster County not liable for bus crash Updated: Apr-18-14 6:27 pm
- Oklahoma Court denies request to stop executions Updated: Apr-18-14 5:55 pm
- Oklahoma man to be freed after 17 years in prison Updated: Apr-18-14 5:46 pm
- Bullock appoints lawyer to Billings district court Updated: Apr-18-14 4:58 pm
- Iowa cases against felons for voting to proceed Updated: Apr-18-14 4:52 pm
- Court declines to block drug ruling in patent case Updated: Apr-18-14 4:40 pm
- Judge strikes down part of Minnesota energy law Updated: Apr-18-14 3:44 pm
- Conviction for threats to city officials reversed Updated: Apr-18-14 3:31 pm
- Nebraska judge reprimanded by state's high court Updated: Apr-18-14 2:40 pm
- Nowell named to county judge post Updated: Apr-18-14 2:07 pm
- In Egypt, a corruption watchdog hit by backlash Updated: Apr-18-14 1:10 pm
- Family waits for apology in 1971 disappearance Updated: Apr-18-14 11:43 am
- Pay bias lawsuit by former state lawyer dismissed Updated: Apr-18-14 9:52 am
- Man loses appeal in cocaine case Updated: Apr-18-14 8:46 am
- Dutch supreme court bans pedophile group Updated: Apr-18-14 6:07 am
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - A federal judge has ordered separate trials for three Iowans charged with robbing drug dealers.
FORT EDWARD, New York - An upstate New York courthouse is being named for a recently retired judge, but another jurist is saying, "Objection!"
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Kansas Supreme Court has criticized a judicial budget that ties funding to policy changes and was signed recently by Gov. Sam Brownback.
NASHVILLE, Indiana - Brown County officials are taking another run at residents in hopes they'll support a tax increase for an expansion of the outdated 130-year-old courthouse.
FREDONIA TOWNSHIP, Michigan - An appeals court has reversed the dismissal of charges against a man who spent 10 hours inside an oil pipeline under construction in southern Michigan.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Attorney General Roy Cooper is asking the N.C. Supreme Court to intervene once again on behalf of consumers in light of a decision to restore a rate increase sought by Duke Energy.
MADISON, Wisconsin - A federal appeals court on Friday upheld Gov. Scott Walker's public union restrictions, dealing another loss to unions trying to overturn the Republican governor's signature legislation that led to massive protests at the Wisconsin Capitol three years ago.
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin Supreme Court is set to decide whether police can legally draw the blood of a suspected drunk driver without a warrant or the consent of the driver.
HILLSBORO, Kansas - A former six-term Kansas House member died Friday following an ultralight plane crash near his hometown, authorities said.
TOPEKA, Kansas - If expanding the guest list to include Michelle Obama at graduation for high school students in the Kansas capital city means fewer seats for friends and family, some students and their parents would prefer the first lady not attend.
OMAHA, Nebraska - The Nebraska Supreme Court ruled Friday that Lancaster County shouldn't be held liable in a lawsuit filed by a man who was seriously injured in a crash with a school bus in 2009.
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals denied a stay on Friday for two death row inmates set to be executed this month, saying it didn't have jurisdiction - even though the state Supreme Court says it's the only court that does.
TULSA, Oklahoma - A judge on Friday ordered the release of a man who spent 17 years in federal prison for a drug manufacturing conviction, ruling that the investigation that led to his conviction was "unreliable."
HELENA, Montana - Gov. Steve Bullock on Friday appointed Billings attorney Michael Glen Moses to a vacant district judgeship in Yellowstone County.
IOWA CITY, Iowa - An Iowa prosecutor said she will pursue pending cases against convicted felons accused of voting illegally in 2012 despite a new Iowa Supreme Court ruling that makes it unclear whether they lost their voting rights in the first place.
WASHINGTON - Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts on Friday declined to temporarily block a lower court ruling that opens the world's best-selling multiple sclerosis drug to competition from generic rivals next month.
MINNEAPOLIS - A federal judge has found that part of a Minnesota law designed to promote the use of renewable energy is unconstitutional and she barred state officials from enforcing it.
LAS VEGAS - A federal appeals court panel has overturned the conviction of a man for sending threatening emails to two top North Las Vegas officials after his car was repossessed.
OMAHA, Nebraska - The Nebraska Supreme Court reprimanded a Douglas County District judge on Friday for intervening in a friend's drunken driving case.
CLEVELAND, Mississippi - Gov. Phil Bryant has appointed W. Hunter Nowell as county court judge of Bolivar County.
CAIRO - Hesham Genena has created uproar by trying to actually do his job. The head of one of Egypt's foremost government oversight agencies, he says he has uncovered billions of dollars-worth of corruption, involving some of the country's most untouchable institutions, including the police, intelligence agencies, and the judiciary.
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A man whose family farm was searched as part of the investigation into the 1971 disappearance of two girls said the state should apologize for the physical and emotional devastation law enforcement agents left behind.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit in which a former lawyer for the New Mexico Attorney General's Office alleged she was a victim of pay discrimination based on her gender.
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Supreme Court has ordered a new sentencing hearing for a Lowndes County man for sale of cocaine.
AMSTERDAM - The Dutch Supreme Court has banned a Dutch group that advocates the legalization of pedophilia.