- Governor names district judge in Valencia County Updated: Apr-17-14 5:05 am
- Judge orders Maricopa County to pay attorney fees Updated: Apr-17-14 4:08 am
- Oklahoma gay-marriage case before US appeals court Updated: Apr-17-14 3:18 am
- Nakamoto appointed as Big Island family judge Updated: Apr-16-14 10:11 pm
- Man executed for killing 3 members of Texas family Updated: Apr-16-14 9:09 pm
- Despite ruling, Iowa to bar all felons from voting Updated: Apr-16-14 7:11 pm
- No-parole sentence reinstated for Minnesota man Updated: Apr-16-14 6:44 pm
- Did a German shepherd get called to jury duty? Updated: Apr-16-14 6:05 pm
- Appeals court: Consumer case improperly sealed Updated: Apr-16-14 5:22 pm
- US judge overturns 6-week abortion ban Updated: Apr-16-14 5:12 pm
- Judge nixes deal in batch of NFL concussion cases Updated: Apr-16-14 4:55 pm
- Nevada Supreme Court removes Schaefer from ballot Updated: Apr-16-14 4:22 pm
- Appeals court upholds Snowden email firm contempt Updated: Apr-16-14 3:54 pm
- Court revives election challenge against Democrat Updated: Apr-16-14 3:07 pm
- Judge won't merge suits on same-sex marriage ban Updated: Apr-16-14 3:02 pm
- Couple asks Supreme Court to nix marriage ban Updated: Apr-16-14 2:57 pm
- Judge asked to allow use of lawmaker's statements Updated: Apr-16-14 1:33 pm
- Miss. death row inmate challenges rape conviction Updated: Apr-16-14 12:55 pm
- Supreme Court hears school tax credit challenge Updated: Apr-16-14 12:50 pm
- Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies Updated: Apr-16-14 12:45 pm
- Judge: School can't suspend student from lacrosse Updated: Apr-16-14 11:37 am
- Livingston County jail must allow mail from ACLU Updated: Apr-16-14 10:20 am
- Court rejects bankruptcy protection for Mt. Gox Updated: Apr-16-14 9:47 am
- Judge Durwood Conque will retire at end of year Updated: Apr-16-14 7:25 am
- GM to ask bankruptcy court for lawsuit protection Updated: Apr-15-14 11:10 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - A Los Lunas lawyer has been appointed by Republican Gov. Susana Martinez to a judgeship on the 13th Judicial District Court in Valencia County.
PHOENIX - A judge is ordering Maricopa County to pay $190,000 for attorney fees incurred by a Sun City medical dispensary operator which successfully challenged the county's refusal to provide zoning clearance for the facility.
OKLAHOMA CITY - Lawyers for two Oklahoma women and the county clerk who would not give them a marriage license go before a federal appeals court with a familiar question for the judges: Did the state's voters single out gay people for unfair treatment when they defined marriage as a union between one man and one woman?
HONOLULU - The Hawaii state Judiciary says a Hilo lawyer has been appointed as a family court judge on the Big Island.
HUNTSVILLE, Texas - A man convicted of fatally stabbing his ex-girlfriend, her young son and her mother 13 years ago at a home in Corpus Christi was executed by Texas prison officials Wednesday.
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Iowa elections officials will continue to bar convicted felons from voting despite a landmark state Supreme Court ruling that suggests not all of them lost their voting rights, a spokesman said Wednesday.
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Supreme Court on Wednesday reinstated a sentence of life in prison without the possibility of release for a man who was two months shy of his 18th birthday when prosecutors say he raped and killed a teenage girl, stabbing her 29 times with a screwdriver.
BRIDGETON, New Jersey - Could this prospective juror take a bite out of crime?
RICHMOND, Virginia - A company that sued to keep a complaint about one of its products out of a publicly accessible federal database was improperly allowed to wage its battle in secret, a federal appeals court ruled Wednesday.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A federal judge on Wednesday overturned a North Dakota law that bans abortions when a fetal heartbeat can be detected, which can be as early as six weeks into pregnancy and before many women know they're pregnant.
PHILADELPHIA - A federal judge in Philadelphia has declined to approve deals for another batch of retired players suing the NFL over concussion-linked claims.
CARSON CITY, Nevada - The Nevada Supreme Court has upheld the removal of a state controller candidate from the June primary ballot because he doesn't meet residency requirements.
RICHMOND, Virginia - A federal appeals court on Wednesday upheld a contempt of court citation against an email service provider used by National Security Agency leaker Edward Snowden.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - New Mexico's highest court revived a lawsuit on Wednesday that seeks to remove a maverick Democratic legislator from the June 3 primary election ballot.
PHOENIX - A federal judge is refusing to combine two separately filed lawsuits challenging Arizona's ban on same-sex marriage.
MADISON, Wisconsin - A same-sex couple has asked the Wisconsin Supreme Court to strike down the state's gay marriage ban.
CHICAGO - Prosecutors want to be able to tell jurors about potentially damaging comments state Rep. Derrick Smith made to authorities as they questioned him about allegedly taking a bribe, though a federal judge said Tuesday she would rule on the matter later.
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Supreme Court has set out a timetable for attorneys for a death row inmate to file briefs by late May supporting his appeal of a 1994 rape conviction.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Supporters of an education tax credit program that offers scholarships to private and religious schools in New Hampshire packed the Supreme Court chambers for arguments on the constitutionality of the law.
WASHINGTON - As political campaigns begin to heat up, the Supreme Court is deciding whether false accusations and mudslinging made during an election can be punished as a crime.
PORTLAND, Oregon - A federal judge has blocked the Portland schools from suspending a student lacrosse player for violating the drug-and-alcohol policy.
HOWELL, Michigan - A judge has ordered the Livingston County jail to stop intercepting mail sent to inmates from the American Civil Liberties Union.
TOKYO - The Mt. Gox bitcoin exchange in Tokyo is headed for liquidation after a court rejected its bankruptcy protection application.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Lafayette Parish Judge Durwood Conque says he will retire when his six-year term ends in December.
DETROIT - General Motors revealed in court filings late Tuesday that it will soon ask a federal bankruptcy judge to shield the company from legal claims for conduct that occurred before its 2009 bankruptcy.