- The Latest: French court keeps 2 suspects under house arrest Updated: Nov-27-15 4:02 pm
PARIS - The latest on the attacks in Paris and security alert in Brussels. All times local:
- Michigan concealed gun licensing to change next week Updated: Nov-27-15 2:56 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan's 488,000 concealed handgun license holders will soon see a change in how permits are issued.
- Likud lawmaker's antics make him bad boy of Israeli politics Updated: Nov-27-15 1:03 pm
JERUSALEM - Over the years, the Israeli parliament has seen its fair share of questionable characters. But it's unlikely anyone has ever been so perpetually engulfed in scandal in so short a time as freshman Likud lawmaker Oren Hazan.
- Group on track to get term limits on Union County ballot Updated: Nov-27-15 12:49 pm
UNION, Oregon - A group in Union County says it is on track to meet the Feb. 17 deadline to collect more than 627 signatures supporting a ballot measure to limit commissioners' terms.
- Lawyer detained for obstructing Brazil corruption probe Updated: Nov-27-15 12:42 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - A lawyer representing a key convict in the corruption scandal at Brazil's state-run oil giant Petrobras was detained Friday as he arrived at Rio de Janeiro's international airport, police said.
- Some key GOP activists in Ohio still wrestling with pick Updated: Nov-27-15 12:38 pm
CINCINNATI - The shopping days before the presidential nominating season begins are dwindling, leaving Republican activists in a GOP stronghold region of Ohio still checking the field's long list to choose the right candidate for them.
- Chinese activist sentenced to 6 years in jail Updated: Nov-27-15 1:31 am
BEIJING - A court in southern China sentenced a leading activist who organized rallies for media freedom to six years in prison Friday in what his lawyer described as an unfair trial with an extra criminal charge added at the last minute.
- Idaho court rejects Pennsylvania man's gun rights request Updated: Nov-26-15 2:43 pm
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Supreme Court has rejected a Pennsylvania man's attempt to have his gun rights restored under Idaho law.
- Law allowing guns on campus sparks discussion among students Updated: Nov-26-15 12:22 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - University students in Kansas are starting to talk about a day in the not-too-distant future when anyone over 21 who legally owns a gun will be allowed to carry it onto campuses.
- Gambia leader denounces female genital mutilation Updated: Nov-26-15 9:44 am
DAKAR, Senegal - Gambia's president advocated banning female genital mutilation, giving hope to human rights activists who are urging Gambia to adopt a law against the practice.
- Thai police allege armed plot by government opponents Updated: Nov-26-15 9:30 am
BANGKOK - Thai police said Thursday they have uncovered a plot by opponents of the military government involving an armed attack during upcoming events commemorating the country's monarchy.
- China releases long-time journalist after she pleads guilty Updated: Nov-26-15 6:42 am
BEIJING - A 71-year-old Chinese journalist imprisoned on a state secrets conviction was released for medical reasons Thursday after pleading guilty during a closed-door appeal hearing, her lawyers and state media said.
- Mexican Green Party leader resigns post amid investigation Updated: Nov-26-15 12:49 am
MEXICO CITY - Mexican prosecutors said Wednesday that they have opened a criminal investigation of a leader of Mexico's Green Party for allegedly violating electoral laws in June's midterm elections.
- The Latest: DOJ representatives attend Minneapolis protest Updated: Nov-25-15 11:27 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The latest in the investigation into the fatal shooting of a black man by Minneapolis police that has sparked more than a week of demonstrations (all times local):
- Outgoing Argentine president says she's not going away Updated: Nov-25-15 5:27 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - When Argentines chose a new president in recent elections, many voters seemed more concerned about what would happen with the old one.
- Houston Zoo reinstalls signs prohibiting guns Updated: Nov-25-15 4:52 pm
HOUSTON - The Houston Zoo has reinstalled signs that prohibit carrying firearms into the zoo, three months after they were removed due to threat of legal action.
- Clarification: Congress-Health Repeal story Updated: Nov-25-15 3:58 pm
WASHINGTON - In a story Nov. 24, The Associated Press listed Sen. Kelly Ayotte, R-N.H., as one of several Republican senators who might find it difficult to vote for a bill eliminating federal money for Planned Parenthood.
- Under fire, Pennsylvania attorney general plans email review Updated: Nov-25-15 3:10 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The Pennsylvania Senate moved a step closer on Wednesday to potentially removing the state's embattled attorney general from office, while she raised the possibility of criminal charges against others in a slowly unfolding scandal involving public officials exchanging sexually explicit or otherwise offensive emails.
- Judge hears testimony in case of St. Louis Zoo gun ban Updated: Nov-25-15 2:47 pm
ST. LOUIS - A judge has heard testimony as he considers lifting the St. Louis Zoo policy that prohibits patrons from entering the zoo with guns.
- Chile FF president in Miami after resigning amid FIFA probe Updated: Nov-25-15 1:12 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - The whereabouts of the former president of Chile's soccer federation has been solved.
- Arkansas House candidate fined for failing to file report Updated: Nov-25-15 1:07 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas Ethics Commission has fined and issued a letter of caution to a Libertarian candidate for the state House after investigating a complaint that he did not file a closing campaign finance report with the state.
- House Democrats push campaign finance reform, ethics board Updated: Nov-24-15 7:12 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - House Democratic leaders on Tuesday rolled out their proposals for reforming New Mexico's scandal-plagued campaign finance reporting system and creating a statewide ethics commission - measures they say would help restore voters' faith in government.
- Suit challenging University of Michigan gun policy dismissed Updated: Nov-24-15 6:55 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - A lawsuit challenging the University of Michigan's campus anti-gun policy has been dismissed.
- Kenya's president reshuffles Cabinet after graft allegations Updated: Nov-24-15 5:16 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Kenya's president reshuffled his Cabinet Tuesday to replace five ministers who are being investigated for graft and one who resigned over the weekend after being accused of corruption.
- Former NY lawmaker gets house arrest for lying to FBI Updated: Nov-24-15 2:09 pm
WHITE PLANS, New York - A terminally ill former New York state senator will serve six months of house arrest after being convicted of lying to the FBI about arranging a high-paying job for his son.