- Poll: Christies favorability rating hits all-time low Updated: Apr-29-16 6:05 am
NEW BRUNSWICK, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie's favorability rating among registered voters in New Jersey has hit an all-time low.
- Survey: NYC street homeless count declines by 12 percent Updated: Apr-28-16 8:03 pm
NEW YORK - The city's street homeless population has declined by 12 percent, according to results of a federally-mandated survey released Thursday.
- Vermont Speaker open to nonbinding vote on legalizing pot Updated: Apr-28-16 2:46 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The Speaker of the Vermont House of Representatives says having a nonbinding vote on whether to legalize marijuana in the state is the best way to gauge public opinion on the issue.
- Clinton embraces Trump's mention of 'woman's card' Updated: Apr-27-16 5:04 pm
ATLANTA - Presidential candidates Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton have launched into a rhetorical scrum, with the Republican front-runner eliciting a backlash that highlights his perilous standing among female voters who could help propel the likely Democratic nominee to the White House.
- Poll: Wide differences in Muslim views on political Islam Updated: Apr-27-16 10:17 am
RAMALLAH, West Bank - A survey in 10 countries with significant Muslim populations, released Wednesday, found "striking" differences in the extent to which people believe the Quran should influence a nation's laws.
- Age gap shows in Clinton win helped by older voters Updated: Apr-27-16 12:28 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Democrat Hillary Clinton got a winning boost Tuesday from older voters who turned out in larger numbers than the younger voting bloc that swamped rival Bernie Sanders with support in Connecticut's presidential primary, exit polls showed.
- The Latest: McGinty, Toomey tangle in victory speeches Updated: Apr-26-16 11:58 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The Latest on Pennsylvania's primary (all times local):
- Trump wins across demographic groups in Pennsylvania Updated: Apr-26-16 10:08 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Donald Trump dominated the Republican presidential primary in Pennsylvania across demographic groups as Ted Cruz and John Kasich split support among the minority of GOP voters who said they preferred a political insider.
- The Latest: Trump wins Republican primary in Connecticut Updated: Apr-26-16 8:13 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The Latest on Connecticut voters and the Democratic and Republican primary races in the state (all times local):
- Poll: 60 percent in New Jersey view Trump unfavorably Updated: Apr-25-16 3:24 pm
NEW BRUNSWICK, New Jersey - A new Rutgers-Eagleton poll find more than 60 percent of New Jersey voters view Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump unfavorably.
- A look at Pennsylvania's primary races for president on down Updated: Apr-24-16 10:01 am
On Tuesday, Pennsylvania voters will cast ballots in primary elections for president, Congress, state attorney general and the state Legislature.
- North Carolina GOP's careful plan could be in jeopardy Updated: Apr-23-16 11:10 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A decade ago, GOP leaders developed a strategy to take over North Carolina's state government for the first time since 1870: Aggressively pursue the seats of vulnerable Democratic lawmakers and win House and Senate majorities by 2010; use those majorities to redistrict the state in Republicans' favor; and push a business-friendly, socially conservative agenda in a Southern state where progressive policies once held sway.
- Clinton, relatives of Newtown victims talk gun violence Updated: Apr-21-16 5:58 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Hillary Clinton, sitting with relatives of victims of the Newtown school massacre, vowed Thursday to make sure gun violence is not ignored, saying Connecticut's bipartisan gun control legislation was a model for the nation.
- Registration surges as new poll shows Clinton, Trump in lead Updated: Apr-20-16 6:18 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - With Connecticut's presidential primary fast approaching, residents across all age brackets are registering to vote in record numbers.
- Poll: Louisianans oppose removing Confederate statues Updated: Apr-19-16 6:47 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A majority of people in Louisiana oppose taking down Confederate monuments, a Louisiana State University poll has found.
- Poll: Inslee leading Republican challenger Bryant Updated: Apr-19-16 3:21 pm
SEATTLE - A new poll says Washington Gov. Jay Inslee has more statewide support than leading Republican challenger Bill Bryant in the gubernatorial election race.
- Poll: Division in New Orleans over school governance Updated: Apr-19-16 2:50 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Most people responding to an education think tank's annual poll in New Orleans believe charter schools have improved public education in the city.
- Guinta remains unpopular after money troubles Updated: Apr-19-16 1:49 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A new poll shows only 4 percent of likely voters in New Hampshire's 1st Congressional District say they would definitely vote to re-elect Republican Frank Guinta in the wake of his campaign finance troubles, though fewer voters rule him out completely.
- Australian leader says he plans to call rare early election Updated: Apr-18-16 11:42 pm
SYDNEY - Australia's prime minister said on Tuesday he expects to call a rare early election, with the nation likely to head to the polls in July amid waning popularity for the ruling conservative party.
- Poll: Just 6 percent of people say they trust the media Updated: Apr-18-16 3:54 am
WASHINGTON - Trust in the news media is being eroded by perceptions of inaccuracy and bias, fueled in part by Americans' skepticism about what they read on social media.
- Poll: Americans happy at home, upset with federal government Updated: Apr-16-16 9:23 am
CHICAGO - All that talk of an angry America?
- South Korean president's party suffers election setback Updated: Apr-13-16 9:58 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korean voters handed President Park Geun-hye a stunning political setback by denying her conservative party a majority in the next National Assembly, poll results showed Thursday.
- Mexico president's approval at lowest for last 4 leaders Updated: Apr-13-16 4:25 pm
MEXICO CITY - A new poll says approval for Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto has fallen to the lowest level for any of the country's last four presidents.
- Public wants Senate action on court, but interest is modest Updated: Apr-13-16 3:07 pm
WASHINGTON - Nearly 2 in 3 Americans back Democrats' demands that the Republican-run Senate hold hearings and a vote on President Barack Obama's pick for the Supreme Court. But an Associated Press-GfK poll also suggests that GOP defiance against considering the nominee may not hurt the party much because to many people, the election-year fight is simply not a big deal.
- Siena poll shows Clinton, Trump favored by NY primary voters Updated: Apr-13-16 12:57 pm
ALBANY, New York - A Siena College poll on Wednesday showed former New York Sen. Hillary Clinton leading Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders by 10 percentage points among New York's Democratic voters ahead of next week's primary.