- Poll: Guinta's support eroding amid financing scandal Updated: Oct-09-15 12:53 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A new poll shows that 50 percent of New Hampshire residents surveyed think U.S. Rep. Frank Guinta should resign amid his campaign finance troubles and 4 percent said they would back his re-election bid next year.
- Walker taps conservative Bradley for Wisconsin Supreme Court Updated: Oct-09-15 11:38 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker appointed conservative-backed appellate judge Rebecca Bradley to the Wisconsin Supreme Court on Friday, giving her the advantage of incumbency heading into the spring election.
- Kansas cropland values down this year amid low grain prices Updated: Oct-06-15 2:55 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Low grain prices are driving down Kansas cropland values this year, while high prices for cattle are pushing up the value of pastures.
- Poll: Maryland governor has 54 percent favorable rating Updated: Oct-05-15 12:53 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - A new poll says 54 percent of Maryland residents view Gov. Larry Hogan favorably, up from 33 percent in February.
- AP Interview: Uribe challenges Colombia's peace breakthrough Updated: Oct-02-15 1:36 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - Former President Alvaro Uribe harshly criticized the international community for applauding a recent breakthrough in his successor's peace talks with leftist rebels, saying the deal undermines the rule of law in Colombia.
- Poll adds to signs migrant flow hurting Merkel's popularity Updated: Oct-02-15 6:51 am
BERLIN - A new poll is adding to indications that Chancellor Angela Merkel's personal popularity is taking a knock amid the influx of migrants to Germany, though there's no sign of serious political damage.
- Poll of Seattle residents finds fewer disapprove of police Updated: Oct-01-15 1:09 pm
SEATTLE - A new survey of Seattle residents finds fewer people saying they disapprove of the city's police department since it began making reforms under a settlement with the U.S. Department of Justice.
- Feingold raises $2.4 million, has $3.4 million Updated: Oct-01-15 1:06 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Russ Feingold, the Democrat seeking to return to the U.S. Senate, has $3.4 million cash on hand for his rematch against Republican incumbent Ron Johnson, his campaign said Thursday.
- China journalist refuses to confess despite police pressure Updated: Oct-01-15 1:46 am
BEIJING - Journalist Liu Hu says that once he was detained by police the pressure for him to confess was unrelenting. They told him that, unless he confessed, he would stay behind bars longer and his wife would abandon him.
- Russia begins airstrikes in Syria, but West disputes targets Updated: Oct-01-15 1:16 am
MOSCOW - Russia launched airstrikes Wednesday in Syria, sharply escalating Moscow's role in the conflict but also raising questions about whether its intent is fighting Islamic State militants or protecting longtime ally, President Bashar Assad.
- South Carolina editorial roundup Updated: Sep-30-15 4:43 pm
Recent editorials from South Carolina newspapers:
- Walker sees lowest approval rating ever after exiting race Updated: Sep-30-15 3:36 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker's approval rating reached the lowest of his time in office after he exited the presidential race last week, a new poll released Wednesday showed.
- 40 percent of millennials pay for print, online news Updated: Sep-30-15 9:07 am
NEW YORK - In a world flush with free information, some young people are still willing to shell out for news they read.
- Argentine voters focused on economy, not corruption Updated: Sep-28-15 10:29 am
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - The corruption allegations against several top government officials are stunning: The convicted killer of three men alleges that the Cabinet chief ordered the hit, the vice president is being tried for bribery and authorities are investigating a possible money laundering scheme at a luxury hotel owned by President Cristina Fernandez.
- Abbas out of options, out of synch with angry Palestinians Updated: Sep-28-15 7:53 am
RAMALLAH, West Bank - Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas has threatened to drop a "bombshell" in a speech to the United Nations this week - prompting speculation that he will sever ties with Israel over its settlement expansion and other hard-line policies.
- Poll: Few voters paying attention to upcoming Va. election Updated: Sep-25-15 10:57 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Most Virginia voters aren't paying attention to upcoming legislative elections in November that will determine which political party controls the state Senate, according to a new poll.
- Spain: Radical party likely kingmaker in Catalonia secession Updated: Sep-25-15 9:13 am
BARCELONA, Spain - A radical left party has made a startling journey from colorful oddity to potential kingmaker in Catalonia's independence drive.
- Hungary says no plans for referendum on 2024 Olympic bid Updated: Sep-25-15 7:47 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Hungary has no plans to hold a referendum on Budapest's bid for the 2024 Summer Games, the country's national Olympic committee said Friday.
- Poll finds strong support for $15 minimum wage in New York Updated: Sep-24-15 8:23 am
ALBANY, New York - New York state voters strongly support Gov. Andrew Cuomo's call to raise the minimum wage to $15, according to a poll released Thursday.
- Clinton plan to reduce drug costs gets shrugs from industry Updated: Sep-22-15 7:13 pm
WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton's plan to rein in prescription drug prices by reshaping how drugmakers do business is being met by skepticism within the industry.
- GOP's Fiorina shows off a lighter side on 'The Tonight Show' Updated: Sep-22-15 9:54 am
NEW YORK - Republican presidential candidate Carly Fiorina impressed many with her strong performance in the second presidential debate, as she railed passionately against Planned Parenthood and outlined her hardline views on foreign policy.
- Australia's new prime minster receives opinion poll boost Updated: Sep-21-15 9:56 pm
CANBERRA, Australia - Australia's new prime minister received a boost from a respected opinion poll on Tuesday, but the fallout lingers from a bitter party battle as the leader he ousted has attacked the credibility of his new treasurer.
- State officials, public ask what's next for PawSox stadium Updated: Sep-21-15 7:46 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Now that the Pawtucket Red Sox have officially ended their pursuit of waterfront land in downtown Providence for a new ballpark, many people are wondering what that means for the future of the team and the Ocean State.
- Survey: 1 in 4 college women report unwanted sexual contact Updated: Sep-21-15 4:02 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Nearly a quarter of undergraduate women surveyed at more than two dozen universities say they experienced unwanted sexual contact sometime during college, according to a report released Monday.
- Ohio State, Case Western release campus sexual assault data Updated: Sep-21-15 3:27 pm
A quarter of undergraduate women surveyed at more than two dozen universities say they experienced unwanted sexual contact sometime during college, according to a report released Monday. The Association of American Universities Campus Climate Survey was sent to nearly 780,000 students at the association's member colleges, plus one additional university, including Ohio State University in Columbus and Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland. About 150,000 participated in the online questionnaire. Some of the findings for Ohio State and Case Western: