- Many millennials see themselves as self-absorbed, wasteful Updated: Sep-03-15 5:03 pm
WASHINGTON - Even millennials don't think much of their generation, according to a new poll Thursday.
- Why Friday's US jobs report could affect Americans' finances Updated: Sep-03-15 3:54 pm
WASHINGTON - With the Federal Reserve edging into the spotlight, Friday's jobs report for August could trigger eventual changes in Americans' financial lives.
- Survey: Residents support recreation on Rathdrum Mountain Updated: Sep-02-15 5:24 am
RATHDRUM, Idaho - As city officials look at what to do with the 557 acres of Rathdrum Mountain, most respondents to a third-party, city-funded survey say they would prefer low-impact recreation.
- University survey looks at issues for transgendered Updated: Sep-01-15 4:08 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A national survey conducted by the University of Illinois-Springfield shows positive attitudes toward the rights of transgendered people.
- Brazil's Rousseff faces growing impeachment threat Updated: Aug-28-15 9:57 am
RIO DE JANEIRO - If the worst economic crisis in a decade, a massive corruption scandal centered on her ruling party and approval ratings in the single digits weren't rough enough for Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff, she's now faced with an angry rival who controls the possibility of impeachment proceedings against her.
- Poll: Californians increasingly back Medi-Cal for immigrants Updated: Aug-26-15 9:16 am
SACRAMENTO, California - Californians increasingly support extending public health care services to immigrants who are in the country illegally, according to new survey results released Wednesday.
- Poll: 54 percent of voters disapprove of Kane's performance Updated: Aug-25-15 6:20 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A new poll shows more than half of Pennsylvania voters disapprove of Kathleen Kane's handling of her job as state attorney general and nearly as many think she should resign.
- Survey: Most economists say Fed will raise rates in 2015 Updated: Aug-24-15 2:49 pm
NEW YORK - The vast majority of business economists expect the Federal Reserve will raise interest rates before the end of the year, according to a survey released Monday.
- Poll: Walker leads GOP foes, trails Clinton in Wisconsin Updated: Aug-20-15 2:43 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker leads other Republican presidential candidates in his home state of Wisconsin but trails Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton there in a potential general election matchup, according to the first statewide poll since Walker announced his candidacy.
- Poll shows tightening of Feingold, Johnson US Senate race Updated: Aug-20-15 1:33 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A new poll shows a tightening in the race for U.S. Senate between former U.S. Sen. Russ Feingold and Republican U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson.
- Poll shows Walker leads GOP field in home state of Wisconsin Updated: Aug-20-15 1:29 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A new poll shows Gov. Scott Walker leads the field of Republican presidential candidates in his home state of Wisconsin.
- Poll: Majority in US wants gov't to curb prescription costs Updated: Aug-20-15 12:38 pm
WASHINGTON - Move over, "Obamacare." A new poll finds Americans worried about medication costs and broadly supporting government action to curb drug prescription prices.
- Actions speak louder than words for Scott's political future Updated: Aug-20-15 5:40 am
- Poll: Australian government faces backlash in by-election Updated: Aug-18-15 12:19 am
CANBERRA, Australia - Australia's beleaguered prime minister faces a political test next month with an opinion poll on Tuesday showing his center-right party faces a large swing against it in a by-election in the nation's most conservative state.
- Australian government lawmaker introduces gay marriage bill Updated: Aug-16-15 11:01 pm
CANBERRA, Australia - A maverick lawmaker broke from conservative government ranks on Monday to introduce legislation that would legalize gay marriage in Australia as a new opinion poll confirmed that most Australians support such a reform.
- Report to be issued on Boston's now-failed Olympic effort Updated: Aug-16-15 10:49 am
BOSTON - Boston is no longer in the running for the 2024 Olympics, but a consultant that had been hired by state officials to analyze the bid has been moving ahead with its work.
- Former Overstock.com CEO launches bid for Utah governor Updated: Aug-15-15 10:55 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The former CEO of Overstock.com announced on Saturday the start of a campaign to unseat Utah's sitting governor.
- AP-NORC Poll: Terror tops Americans' foreign policy concerns Updated: Aug-14-15 4:22 am
WASHINGTON - Few Americans want to see the United States take a more active approach to foreign policy, but the vast majority thinks it may be appropriate to take military action to achieve at least some goals in international affairs, according to a new poll conducted by the Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research.
- Wise again tenders U of Illinois resignation, declines job Updated: Aug-14-15 12:31 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - University of Illinois Chancellor Phyllis Wise said Thursday night that she has again submitted her resignation and declined an appointment to an advisory job under President Timothy Killeen.
- Health law sign-ups keep growing; uninsured rate declines Updated: Aug-13-15 5:21 pm
WASHINGTON - Nearly a million people signed up for health insurance under President Barack Obama's law even after the official enrollment season ended, helping push the share of uninsured Americans below 10 percent and underscoring how hard it could be for Republicans to dismantle the program.
- Poll: NY voters believe Uber limits motivated by donations Updated: Aug-10-15 8:13 pm
NEW YORK - Sixty-five percent of city voters say they believe political campaign contributions by the yellow-taxi industry are behind efforts by some elected officials to limit the growth of the Uber ride-hailing service, according to a poll released Monday.
- Resort of Myrtle Beach taking up offshore drilling issue Updated: Aug-10-15 2:28 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Myrtle Beach, the resort that is the heart of the state's $18 billion tourism industry, is the latest South Carolina community to consider a resolution opposing offshore seismic testing and drilling for oil and natural gas.
- Sioux City seeks public opinion on welcoming signs Updated: Aug-08-15 1:28 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - Sioux City officials want the public to help select a design for new signs welcoming visitors to the city.
- Theater shooter gets life; death would have been uncertain Updated: Aug-08-15 12:04 am
CENTENNIAL, Colorado - The life sentence delivered by a divided jury to Colorado theater shooter James Holmes averts an uncertain path to execution in a state that has put only one man to death in nearly a half-century.
- Poll: De Blasio's popularity continues to fall Updated: Aug-05-15 5:31 pm
NEW YORK - New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio's popularity continues to fall in the wake of several bruising political battles, a new poll released Wednesday shows.