- Poll: Governor's approval rating reaches new high Updated: Dec-05-13 9:03 am
- DIGITS: Americans' isolationism on the rise Updated: Dec-04-13 2:17 pm
- CEOs more optimistic about economy and hiring Updated: Dec-04-13 12:32 pm
- Poll: More Calif. voters disapprove of Obama's job Updated: Dec-03-13 9:05 am
- Survey: Corruption grows in Mideast hot spots Updated: Dec-03-13 7:40 am
- US manufacturing grows at fastest in 2½ years Updated: Dec-02-13 4:18 pm
- Record crowds over weekend, but spending declined Updated: Dec-02-13 12:07 am
- Plaintiffs in gay marriage suit say minds changing Updated: Nov-30-13 12:44 pm
- China claims victory in scrubbing Internet clean Updated: Nov-30-13 4:34 am
- Track funding clouds Kansas Amtrak future Updated: Nov-29-13 12:23 pm
- Charges filed against former Russian defense chief Updated: Nov-28-13 8:02 am
- Poll shows support for NYC tax hike on richest Updated: Nov-27-13 12:52 pm
- Polls show NY's Cuomo with big edge to keep seat Updated: Nov-26-13 12:33 pm
- Poll: Ohio governor leading Democratic challenger Updated: Nov-26-13 10:19 am
- Islamists expected to win seats in Mauritania vote Updated: Nov-24-13 3:17 pm
- NJ Democrats haven't agreed how to fund open space Updated: Nov-24-13 10:26 am
- New plan to clean up Passaic River draws criticism Updated: Nov-23-13 12:31 pm
- Analysis: To GOP, all roads lead to 'Obamacare' Updated: Nov-22-13 3:26 pm
- JFK 50th: Nation pauses to remember lost president Updated: Nov-22-13 12:44 pm
- Cattle ranchers track wolves with GPS, laptops Updated: Nov-21-13 3:46 pm
- Ex-Gov. Crist leads Gov. Scott by 7 points in poll Updated: Nov-21-13 8:18 am
- Israeli restaurant: Turn off phone, get discount Updated: Nov-20-13 3:17 pm
- Poll: Udall vulnerable next year in Senate race Updated: Nov-20-13 11:09 am
- Colorado Editorial Roundup Updated: Nov-20-13 10:39 am
- Proximity detectors absent in most W.Va. mines Updated: Nov-20-13 8:20 am
SACRAMENTO, California - Gov. Jerry Brown's approval rating has reached a new high as he considers seeking re-election next year.
Most Americans say the nation's influence in world affairs is declining, disapprove of the way President Barack Obama is handling foreign policy and would prefer more emphasis on domestic affairs, according to a new survey from the Pew Research Center.
WASHINGTON - A survey of chief executives at the largest U.S. companies shows a growing number are slightly more optimistic about the economy's prospects for the next six months and expect to boost hiring.
SACRAMENTO, California - A new Field Poll finds that California voters increasingly disapprove of President Barack Obama's job performance while fewer than half support his handling of health care.
BERLIN - Corruption is bad and getting worse in three Middle Eastern countries that experienced Arab Spring uprisings launched in part to combat graft and other abuses, according to a survey released Tuesday by an international watchdog group.
WASHINGTON - U.S. manufacturing grew in November at the fastest pace in 2½ years as factories ramped up production, stepped up hiring and received orders at a healthy clip.
NEW YORK - Retailers got Americans into stores during the start to the holiday shopping season. Now, they'll need to figure out how to get them to actually shop.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Carol Schall was helping her teenage daughter renew her passport when a postal worker filling out the paperwork learned that Schall's same-sex partner was the girl's birth mother.
BEIJING - The Chinese government has declared victory in cleaning up what it considers rumors, negativity and unruliness from online discourse, while critics say the moves have suppressed criticism of the government and ruling Communist Party.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Amtrak officials say a rail line is in need of additional funding in order to keep passenger service moving through southwest Kansas at a profitable speed.
MOSCOW - Criminal charges were filed Thursday against the former Russian defense minister, who was accused of using servicemen and government funds to build a road to a vacation home and do landscaping work on the property.
ALBANY, New York - A poll released Wednesday showed Gov. Andrew Cuomo and the state Legislature may have the political support they need to approve New York City Mayor-elect Bill de Blasio's proposed tax increase on wealthy city residents to pay for pre-Kindergarten programs.
ALBANY, New York - New polls released Tuesday showed New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo with a big edge to keep his job as governor, the post he said put him on People magazine's list of sexiest older men.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A new poll shows Ohio Gov. John Kasich (KAY'-sik) is out in front of Democratic challenger Ed FitzGerald with just under a year before the election.
NOUAKCHOTT, Mauritania - A previously banned Islamist party that promotes Shariah law is poised to win seats in Mauritania's parliament following the weekend election, analysts said Sunday.
TRENTON, New Jersey - The outgoing leader of the New Jersey Assembly says it's important that legislators figure out how to replenish the depleted open space fund before the end of the year, but there appears to be no consensus on how to fund the land acquisition program long-term.
HACKENSACK, New Jersey - In what critics call a desperate bid to avoid the most expensive toxic cleanup in New Jersey history, the companies responsible for polluting the Passaic River are promoting a plan they say will help keep people safe: swapping contaminated fish pulled from the river with healthy ones.
WASHINGTON - All roads lead to "Obamacare" for Republicans.
DALLAS - Fifty years after John F. Kennedy fell victim to an assassin's bullet while visiting Texas with his wife, people at home and abroad paused Friday to remember the 35th president of the United States. Collected here are memories of the slain president, details from the day of his death and live updates from the memorial service at Dealey Plaza in Dallas.
COLVILLE, Washington - Before the sun breaks over the mountains, Leisa Hill is firing up a generator in a remote cow camp in eastern Stevens County.
TALLAHASSSEE, Florida - Republican-turned-Democrat Charlie Crist is leading Republican Gov. Rick Scott by 7 points in a poll released Thursday, but the lead is much closer than it was seven months ago.
ABU GHOSH, Israel - A restaurant owner in an Arab village outside of Jerusalem says he is on a mission to save culinary culture by making diners a simple offer: Turn off your cellphone and get a 50 percent discount.
DENVER - Democratic Sen. Mark Udall of Colorado may not cruise to re-election next year, according to a poll released Tuesday that suggested a clear undercurrent of dissatisfaction among Colorado voters.
A sampling of recent editorials from Colorado newspapers:
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Four percent of underground equipment in West Virginia coal mines are fitted with detectors that automatically shut down mobile machinery when people get too close, according to a state survey.