- Obama, Clinton circles overlap in Dem fundraising Updated: Mar-11-14 3:16 am
- Health law cited as US uninsured rate drops Updated: Mar-10-14 5:13 pm
- Spending minimal so far for Alaska pot initiative Updated: Mar-10-14 2:22 pm
- Poll: Voters not thrilled with de Blasio's start Updated: Mar-06-14 7:13 pm
- State drops proposed land swap amid opposition Updated: Mar-06-14 6:11 pm
- Poll: Cuomo keeps strong lead over challengers Updated: Mar-06-14 2:34 pm
- Survey: Cost a growing factor in college decisions Updated: Mar-06-14 2:29 pm
- Retail gasoline prices across Texas up penny Updated: Mar-06-14 2:01 pm
- Conn. poll shows support for assisted suicide Updated: Mar-06-14 12:45 pm
- Analysis: Obama budget tries to have it both ways Updated: Mar-04-14 4:52 pm
- Lawmakers press admin, again, on pot rules Updated: Mar-04-14 3:41 pm
- Poll: Foley leading GOP competitors in Conn. race Updated: Mar-04-14 6:15 am
- Poll: Pa. majority favor legalizing medical pot Updated: Mar-03-14 5:51 pm
- Poll: India's opposition BJP leads Congress party Updated: Feb-26-14 8:40 pm
- Polls show support for Wolf in Pa. governor's race Updated: Feb-26-14 12:15 pm
- Poll: Most in NY back locally set minimum wages Updated: Feb-25-14 2:40 pm
- Poll: New Yorkers willing to pay for pre-K Updated: Feb-25-14 12:05 pm
- Key Kansas lawmaker: Anti-fluoride bill is dead Updated: Feb-24-14 10:55 pm
- Poll: Ohioans split down middle on gay marriage Updated: Feb-24-14 2:10 pm
- Consumers seen driving increase in Conn. farms Updated: Feb-20-14 5:16 pm
- Campaign begins against ND conservation measure Updated: Feb-20-14 5:10 pm
- Poll: Target data breach hasn't stopped shoppers Updated: Feb-20-14 12:14 pm
- Little of federal horse budget spent on fertility Updated: Feb-19-14 5:57 pm
- Ohio governor hopeful touts county fiscal record Updated: Feb-19-14 5:01 pm
- California pension board hikes contributions Updated: Feb-18-14 10:47 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama is bolstering his party's campaign coffers, joining an ally of former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton to help the Democratic National Committee climb out of a worrisome deficit. It's the latest alignment of the Obama and Clinton orbits, as the former first lady considers a White House bid in 2016.
WASHINGTON - The share of Americans without health insurance is dropping to the lowest levels since President Barack Obama took office, but sign-ups under his health care law lag among Hispanics - a big pool of potential beneficiaries.
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - A ballot measure that would make sales of marijuana legal under Alaska state law has seen little early campaign spending by advocates and none by opponents.
NEW YORK - Only thirty-nine percent of registered New York City voters believe Mayor Bill de Blasio's has done a "good" or "excellent" job during his first two months in City Hall, according to a poll released Thursday.
GREAT FALLS, Montana - Montana is dropping a proposed Fergus County land swap with a Texas businessman amid public opposition to the deal.
ALBANY, New York - New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo is maintaining a strong lead over potential challengers despite a sharp drop in his job approval rating among voters feeling tough economic times, according to a new poll released Thursday.
SAN FRANCISCO - A new survey of the nation's college freshmen has found that the percentage attending their first-choice school has reached its lowest level in almost four decades, as cost and the availability of financial aid have come to play an influential role in decisions of where to enroll.
IRVING, Texas - Retail gasoline prices are up a penny this week across Texas as some travelers prepare for spring break.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A poll indicates there's strong support in Connecticut for legislation that would allow doctors to prescribe medication to help terminally ill patients end their lives.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama tried to have it both ways Tuesday with an election-year budget that paid faint lip service to reducing federal deficits, then piled on about $1 trillion in tax increases and hundreds of billions in higher spending designed to appeal to economically squeezed voters rather than congressional foes of red ink.
WASHINGTON - A senior U.S. drug enforcement official urged Congress and others Tuesday not to abandon scientific concerns over marijuana in favor of public opinion to legalize it, even as the Obama administration takes a hands-off approach in states where voters have made legal its sale and use.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A statewide poll shows Greenwich businessman Tom Foley, the Republicans' 2010 gubernatorial candidate, has a large lead over his fellow GOP contenders.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A large majority of Pennsylvania voters favor legalizing marijuana for medical purposes, but they are divided over whether possession of even small amounts for recreational use should be legalized, according to a poll released Monday.
NEW DELHI - India's Hindu nationalist opposition party is leading the incumbent Congress party in the run-up to this year's national elections in the world's biggest democracy, a poll released Wednesday says.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Democratic candidate Tom Wolf distanced himself from the pack in two polls released Wednesday in Pennsylvania's gubernatorial race, making him a target for critics in both parties.
ALBANY, New York - A new statewide poll shows a large majority of New Yorkers support giving municipalities authority to raise the minimum wage locally, something Gov. Andrew Cuomo opposes.
BUFFALO, New York - A new poll shows that most New York residents favor state-funded pre-kindergarten for all 4-year-olds, and are willing to pay higher taxes for it.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas legislators killed a proposal Monday that sought to undercut public support for adding fluoride to public water supplies.
A new poll finds that Ohioans are closely split when it comes to gay marriage.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The number of farms in Connecticut jumped by 22 percent over five years, bucking a national trend in which the total declined country-wide, a federal census reported Thursday.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A coalition that includes energy, farm and business groups began a campaign Thursday against a proposed measure that would set aside more oil taxes for water, wildlife and parks projects.
MINNEAPOLIS - A new poll shows most Minnesotans surveyed about shopping at Target after a huge data breach continue to spend their money at the retail chain.
RENO, Nevada - The government spent less than 1 percent of its wild horse management budget on contraception programs and more than 60 percent on horse holding facilities last fiscal year despite a pledge to step up use of fertility control as an alternative to controversial roundups of overpopulated mustang herds on U.S. rangelands, agency records show.
CLEVELAND - Democratic gubernatorial candidate Ed FitzGerald said Wednesday that his administration has overseen a renaissance in downtown Cleveland construction not seen in a generation - including a new county administration building, convention center, development along Lake Erie and a redesign of Public Square.
SACRAMENTO, California - California's government will increase the amount it contributes to state employees' pensions starting this summer, and cities and other government agencies will follow suit in two years, to help cover the cost of benefits for retirees who are living longer.