- Idaho court rejects Pennsylvania man's gun rights request Updated: Nov-26-15 2:43 pm
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Supreme Court has rejected a Pennsylvania man's attempt to have his gun rights restored under Idaho law.
- Law allowing guns on campus sparks discussion among students Updated: Nov-26-15 12:22 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - University students in Kansas are starting to talk about a day in the not-too-distant future when anyone over 21 who legally owns a gun will be allowed to carry it onto campuses.
- Houston Zoo reinstalls signs prohibiting guns Updated: Nov-25-15 4:52 pm
HOUSTON - The Houston Zoo has reinstalled signs that prohibit carrying firearms into the zoo, three months after they were removed due to threat of legal action.
- Judge hears testimony in case of St. Louis Zoo gun ban Updated: Nov-25-15 2:47 pm
ST. LOUIS - A judge has heard testimony as he considers lifting the St. Louis Zoo policy that prohibits patrons from entering the zoo with guns.
- Suit challenging University of Michigan gun policy dismissed Updated: Nov-24-15 6:55 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - A lawsuit challenging the University of Michigan's campus anti-gun policy has been dismissed.
- Court: Wisconsin man can legally possess switchblade in home Updated: Nov-24-15 11:44 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - An Appleton man can legally possess a switchblade in his home, a state appeals court ruled Tuesday. The decision didn't address whether the state's switchblade ban is broadly unconstitutional, however.
- Business booming for gun stores run out of residential homes Updated: Nov-22-15 11:05 am
BRICK, New Jersey - Not long after December 2012, Joe Veni's neighbors in Brick started noticing how many people were visiting his house.
- High school rifle raffle stirs concerns Updated: Nov-21-15 6:07 pm
CORTEZ, Colorado - A man who held a community drawing for a rifle to benefit the Mancos High School football team last month is facing criticism from people who say he might be violating raffle and gun registration laws, and others who question whether it's appropriate to hold a gun giveaway given the incidents of violence in schools across the country.
- Democrats push to prevent gun sales to those on terror list Updated: Nov-20-15 10:23 pm
WASHINGTON - People on the U.S. government's terrorist watch list often can't board commercial airliners, but they can walk into a gun store and legally buy pistols and powerful military-style rifles.
- Appeals court hears arguments in DC gun law case Updated: Nov-20-15 5:57 pm
WASHINGTON - A federal judge who halted enforcement of a strict District of Columbia gun law didn't have authority to rule on the case, a city lawyer argued to a federal appeals court Friday.
- Guns on campus among 4 gun bills set for full chamber votes Updated: Nov-19-15 4:28 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A contentious proposal to let concealed weapons permit holders bring guns on state university and college campuses was among four firearm bills that made their final committee stops Thursday and will now be before their respective legislative chambers.
- EU security measures up for debate in wake of Paris attacks Updated: Nov-19-15 1:18 pm
BRUSSELS - France and Belgium will urge their European partners on Friday to tighten gun laws, toughen border security and choke off funds to extremist groups, a week after at least 129 people were killed in attacks in Paris. But at an emergency meeting in Brussels, European Union interior and justice ministers will not agree on any new measures that could be immediately introduced to restore calm among countries rattled by the coordinated strikes in the French capital.
- Editorials from around Pennsylvania Updated: Nov-18-15 9:53 am
Editorials from around Pennsylvania:
- Boston Mayor to ban replica handguns in public spaces Updated: Nov-08-15 11:54 am
BOSTON - Boston Mayor Marty Walsh is planning to sign an ordinance banning replica handguns in public spaces throughout the city.
- University of Nebraska faculty oppose ending gun-free zones Updated: Nov-05-15 12:51 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The University of Nebraska-Lincoln's faculty leadership is opposing a state senator's proposal to eliminate gun-free zones on college campuses.
- Capitol Hill Buzz: Feinstein vs. Cruz Updated: Nov-04-15 5:09 pm
WASHINGTON - It was another round of Cruz vs. Feinstein.
- Teen in foster care wants to own gun, state won't let him Updated: Nov-04-15 2:08 pm
OGDEN, Utah - An 18-year-old in foster care is fighting for his right to own a firearm after the state denied his 2nd Amendment right to bear arms.
- Gun-rights initiative passes by wide margin in Coos County Updated: Nov-04-15 11:30 am
COQUILLE, Oregon - Voters in Coos County overwhelmingly approved a ballot measure that seeks to prohibit enforcement of new gun laws.
- Man found with gun, ammunition, drugs, enters guilty plea Updated: Nov-04-15 4:02 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A Manchester man found with a handgun, ammunition and drugs has entered a guilty plea in federal court.
- Virginia Republicans remain in control of state Senate Updated: Nov-03-15 11:21 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia Republicans have maintained control of the state Senate after a bruising, expensive contest that featured heavy investment from national special interest groups.
- Clinton wants to make gun control a 'voting issue' Updated: Nov-03-15 10:19 pm
CORALVILLE, Iowa - Hillary Rodham Clinton vowed Tuesday to make stricter gun control into a campaign that can compete with the powerful National Rifle Association's drive to preserve gun rights, and to put the issue on the minds of voters when they cast ballots on Election Day.
- The Latest: GOP's Richard Black holds on to senate seat Updated: Nov-03-15 9:14 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The latest on Election Day in Virginia as Democrats try to gain control of the Senate and Republicans battle to retain their slim edge while retaining their majority in the House of Delegates. (All times local)
- Cleveland law requiring gun offender registry takes effect Updated: Nov-03-15 3:16 am
CLEVELAND - Cleveland residents newly convicted of gun offenses are now required to register with the police department or face being charged with a first-degree misdemeanor.
- Assemblywoman Michele Fiore mulls House bid, files paperwork Updated: Nov-02-15 6:05 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican Assemblywoman Michele Fiore has filed initial paperwork to seek a southern Nevada congressional seat, although she says she's still not sure she'll jump in the race that already includes four other Republican contenders.
- Texans still prohibited from carrying most knives Updated: Nov-01-15 4:49 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas residents will soon be allowed to openly carry most guns, but state law still bars the carrying of many types of knives and other weapons.