- Senate passes bill keeping domestic abusers from having guns Updated: May-21-15 9:25 pm
SALEM, Oregon - The Oregon Senate approved a measure on Thursday aimed at making it harder for people convicted of domestic violence or under a restraining order to keep their firearms.
- New Hampshire enforces ban on drones for hunting Updated: May-21-15 11:13 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire has decided to ban the use of drones, "smart rifles," and live-action game cameras for hunting.
- SC legislators expect to pass domestic violence compromise Updated: May-20-15 8:08 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The Legislature appears poised to pass a bill aimed at stemming South Carolina's persistently high rates of domestic violence, after weeks of behind-the-scenes negotiations between a handful of House and Senate members.
- Grass Roots North Carolina runs radio ad backing gun bill Updated: May-19-15 2:50 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A gun-rights advocacy group is running a radio ad to try to pressure House Republican leaders into letting colleagues vote on a wide-ranging measure that would further ease firearm control restrictions.
- Feds seize hundreds of assault rifle parts from gun-maker Updated: May-19-15 1:55 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Federal authorities are investigating a Connecticut gun-maker after agents found nearly 3,000 assault rifle parts missing serial numbers, according to recently filed court documents.
- Judge stops DC from enforcing part of 'good reason' gun law Updated: May-19-15 1:27 pm
WASHINGTON - People in the nation's capital no longer have to show a good reason to get a permit to carry concealed handguns outside their homes and businesses.
- Recent Missouri Editorials Updated: May-19-15 8:35 am
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, May 15
- Biker shootout becomes flashpoint for Texas gun opponents Updated: May-18-15 5:34 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The restaurant shootout between rival biker gangs in Waco became a last-ditch rallying cry Monday for opponents of a bill that Republican Gov. Greg Abbott is all but certain to soon sign into law: legalizing openly carried handguns in Texas.
- Supreme Court says convicted felons can sell their guns Updated: May-18-15 11:00 am
WASHINGTON - A unanimous Supreme Court ruled Monday that the government can't prevent a convicted felon who is barred from possessing firearms from trying to sell his guns after they are confiscated by authorities.
- Tensions mount as lawmakers face bill deadline day Updated: May-15-15 9:10 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada lawmakers are facing yet another legislative deadline that could seal the fate of several high-profile bills.
- Utah man who shot would-be carjacker will not be charged Updated: May-15-15 12:28 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A man who shot and killed a would-be carjacker outside a Utah grocery store will not face criminal charges, prosecutors have ruled.
- Lawmakers considering overhaul of smart gun law Updated: May-13-15 2:48 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A never enforced state law requiring pistols sold in New Jersey to have technology allowing only the gun's owners to fire them could be overhauled
- Snyder signs bills to loosen airsoft gun restrictions Updated: May-13-15 4:07 am
LANSING, Michigan - Gov. Rick Snyder has signed laws relaxing Michigan's restrictions on BB, pellet and paintball guns.
- Delayed NC House gun bill, once on again, now off again Updated: May-12-15 8:31 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A bill that eases further restrictions on concealed handguns in North Carolina and makes other gun-related changes is back on the sidelines just hours after returning to the fast track.
- Annual gun rights rally draws hundreds to Pa. Capitol Updated: May-12-15 11:46 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania lawmakers are hearing from hundreds of gun rights activists in what's become an annual Harrisburg event.
- Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin signs 12 bills into law Updated: May-11-15 7:23 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Gov. Mary Fallin has signed 12 measures adopted by the Oklahoma Legislature into law, including one that outlines guidelines for retiring Oklahoma Highway Patrol troopers who want to keep their service weapon.
- Oregon governor signs bill expanding gun background checks Updated: May-11-15 6:58 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Oregon Gov. Kate Brown signed a bill Monday requiring background checks on firearm transfers between private parties, making Oregon the eighth state to require screening on nearly all gun sales.
- Oklahoma governor vetoes firearms legislation Updated: May-11-15 6:56 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Gov. Mary Fallin has vetoed legislation opposed by the Oklahoma City Chamber that would prohibit private entities from banning firearms in parks, recreational areas or fairgrounds.
- Hundreds march across Brooklyn Bridge for stricter gun laws Updated: May-09-15 5:37 pm
NEW YORK - Hundreds of men, women and children including fashion designer Donna Karan marched across the Brooklyn Bridge on Saturday demanding stricter gun laws and offering a litany of violent stories to show why such laws are needed.
- Judge tosses challenge to expanded gun background checks Updated: May-07-15 7:05 pm
SEATTLE - A federal judge on Thursday threw out a lawsuit challenging parts of Washington state's new law expanding background checks on gun transfers, saying gun rights activists couldn't challenge it because they aren't being prosecuted for violating it.
- Texas House relaxes airport laws for handgun license holders Updated: May-07-15 2:31 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - In Texas, it seems almost as common for travelers in airport security lines to forget they are carrying a handgun as it is for them to fail to take off their belts or shoes.
- Oklahoma City chamber urging governor to veto gun bill Updated: May-06-15 10:05 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A proposal that would prohibit private entities from banning firearms in parks, recreational areas or fairgrounds in Oklahoma could threaten dozens of events held in Oklahoma City, including horse shows, basketball tournaments and the Women's College World Series, the head of the Oklahoma City Chamber of Commerce said Wednesday.
- Proposed legislation would expand concealed weapons in Ohio Updated: May-06-15 6:13 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A series of proposed gun laws would expand concealed weapons in Ohio by potentially allowing them in places like churches or day cares and letting certain gun owners carry concealed weapons without a permit.
- Ky. candidate takes a shot at rival as 'Christian Laettner' Updated: May-06-15 3:47 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - After this week, when gubernatorial candidate James Comer had to defend himself against allegations that he abused a former girlfriend in college, things seemingly couldn't get uglier in this bitterly contentious Republican primary.
- Gun in officer's slaying 9th from Georgia heist found in NY Updated: May-05-15 7:15 pm
NEW YORK - A handgun used to fatally shoot a New York Police Department officer a few days ago was among 23 stolen from a Georgia pawn shop and is the ninth to be recovered on the city's streets.