- Tangipahoa council to send term-limit proposal to the voters Updated: May-27-15 10:22 am
AMITE, Louisiana - The Tangipahoa Parish Council has agreed to give voters the opportunity to decide in the Oct. 24 election whether to limit the parish president and council members to three consecutive four-year terms.
- Standoff between Rauner, Democrats hangs over Legislature Updated: May-25-15 5:41 pm
CHICAGO - A standoff between Republican Gov. Bruce Rauner and Democrats who control the Illinois Legislature is threatening to derail action on a long list of issues as lawmakers enter the final days of their spring session.
- New GOP lawmakers push for term limits, rail on 'status quo' Updated: May-20-15 1:29 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A group of freshmen Republican legislators is pushing for term limits, saying gridlock in the Illinois Legislature is a sign the status quo isn't working.
- Term-limit proposal 1 step away from St. Tammany ballot Updated: May-15-15 3:04 pm
COVINGTON, Louisiana - St. Tammany Parish voters could soon decide whether members of the Parish Council should face term limits in office.
- Defenders of term limits take fight to Ohio's capital city Updated: May-14-15 6:51 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Opponents of a proposal to extend term limits for Ohio state lawmakers say they'll take their fight to the ballot if need be.
- Advocates working to propose new term limit amendment Updated: May-01-15 6:58 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A key term-limit advocate says he will propose a constitutional amendment limiting state lawmakers to a maximum of 10 years in the Arkansas Legislature.