- Advocates working to propose new term limit amendment Updated: May-01-15 6:58 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A key term-limit advocate says he will propose a constitutional amendment limiting state lawmakers to a maximum of 10 years in the Arkansas Legislature.
- Maine panel rejects bill to nix legislative term limits Updated: Apr-27-15 4:20 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - A legislative committee has dealt a blow to an effort to repeal term limits for lawmakers.
- Analysis: Initiative process complex and difficult to use Updated: Apr-26-15 5:04 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A conservative group announced last week that it will try to put a term-limits amendment on the Mississippi ballot, but history shows there's a good chance the proposal will never even come up for a vote.
- Missouri House OKs term limits for all statewide offices Updated: Apr-21-15 3:56 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A constitutional amendment to impose term limits on all of Missouri's statewide elected officials is getting a closer look in the Missouri Legislature.
- Group starts new Mississippi term-limits ballot initiative Updated: Apr-20-15 3:26 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A group is starting a ballot initiative that proposes limiting Mississippi lawmakers and statewide elected officials to two consecutive four-year terms in the same office.
- Nebraska lawmakers reject proposed 6-year terms before limit Updated: Apr-13-15 3:04 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A proposal that could have allowed future Nebraska lawmakers to serve two consecutive six-year terms in office was rejected by senators Monday amid complaints that voters have already decided the issue.