- Report: Weak market hits New Mexico pension funds Updated: Nov-20-15 3:40 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The two retirement systems that cover tens of thousands of state and local government workers in New Mexico are facing more than $11 billion in unfunded liability, according to a legislative analysis.
- Largest New Hampshire public employee union backs Sanders Updated: Nov-19-15 5:18 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire's largest public employee labor union is backing Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders in the Democratic presidential primary, bucking its national affiliate's endorsement of Hillary Clinton.
- Carter pushing retirement, other changes for future force Updated: Nov-18-15 3:33 pm
WASHINGTON - The U.S. military must harness the best talent and keep up its technological edge in order to meet evolving security challenges, Defense Secretary Ash Carter said Wednesday as he rolled out a series of initiatives aimed at attracting the next generation of service members and dragging the often-antiquated Pentagon bureaucracy into the 21st century.
- Agency to hold more hearings on public employee benefit cuts Updated: Nov-09-15 2:02 am
WHEELING, West Virginia - The West Virginia Public Employees Insurance Agency will hold three public hearings this week on proposed cuts to state employees' health benefits.
- Myanmar president votes in 'military country' Updated: Nov-08-15 7:26 am
NAYPYITAW, Myanmar - President Thein Sein, the archrival of pro-democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi, voted Sunday in Myanmar's grandiose capital, built from scratch by the military and symbolic of its half-century of iron-fisted rule over the impoverished Southeast Asian nation.
- Lawmakers, union critical of bonuses paid to Dalrymple staff Updated: Nov-06-15 5:44 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Democratic and Republican legislative leaders have pledged to review a program aimed at recruiting and retaining employees for hard-to-fill state jobs, after outgoing GOP Gov. Jack Dalrymple approved nearly $100,000 in retention bonuses for five of his staffers.