- Australia plans to cut business tax and balance books Updated: May-12-15 6:17 am
CANBERRA, Australia - Australia announced cuts to foreign aid, lower taxes for small businesses and cheaper child care in an annual budget that tries to balance paying off debt with energizing an economy that's being sapped by China's slowdown.
- Aid agencies withdraw foreign staff from town in South Sudan Updated: May-09-15 12:17 pm
JUBA, South Sudan - Two global aid agencies Saturday evacuated their international staff from a part of war-torn South Sudan fearing violence as government troops launch an offensive against rebels.
- Ex-CEO sentenced for scheme involving Iraq, Afghanistan work Updated: May-08-15 7:31 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A former engineering consulting company CEO who schemed to overcharge the U.S. government for reconstruction projects for nearly 20 years was sentenced Friday.
- Oxfam America presses SEC on drafting disclosure regulations Updated: May-06-15 8:53 pm
BOSTON - The aid group Oxfam America is pressing federal officials to draft regulations aimed at requiring U.S.-listed oil, gas, and mining companies to publish what they pay to governments for access to natural resources in foreign countries.
- UN official praises China's assistance to Nepal after quake Updated: May-04-15 8:55 am
BEIJING - The leader of the U.N. Development Program on Monday praised China's relief efforts in Nepal and said the country's importance to global development will only grow.
- Australia wary of escalating rift after Indonesia executions Updated: Apr-29-15 2:04 pm
CANBERRA, Australia - Australia said it would withdraw its ambassador to Indonesia after two Australians were among eight drug traffickers executed by the Southeast Asian country Wednesday, but was wary of escalating hostilities with its neighbor despite a public outcry.
- Oxfam America helping with international response to Nepal Updated: Apr-27-15 3:17 pm
BOSTON - Oxfam America says it is working with its international affiliate to help victims of the Nepal earthquake and is accepting donations for relief efforts.
- How to help Nepal earthquake victims Updated: Apr-26-15 4:10 pm
Aid groups are rushing to get crucial supplies to survivors of Nepal's devastating earthquake, which has killed more than 2,500 people. Here's a look at humanitarian efforts under way in Nepal and how to donate online:
- World offers help after Nepal quake, but few know scope yet Updated: Apr-25-15 11:06 pm
LONDON - As world leaders and global charities try to grasp the scope of an earthquake that devastated parts of tiny, mountainous Nepal, they are preparing emergency aid for the survivors but worrying how to make sure it gets there.