- UN worries aid has not reached Philippine victims Updated: Dec-08-13 8:07 pm
- UN: 250,000 besieged in Syria, beyond reach of aid Updated: Dec-03-13 3:52 pm
- UN says widespread food aid cuts loom in Congo Updated: Dec-03-13 12:23 pm
- Israel provides humanitarian aid to Syrians Updated: Dec-03-13 12:22 pm
- WFP in NKorea: Mothers, babies lack proper diet Updated: Nov-28-13 1:05 am
- Syria talks aim to build on momentum of Iran deal Updated: Nov-25-13 5:41 pm
- WFP feeds 3M after typhoon; aid in Kenya camps cut Updated: Nov-22-13 10:17 am
- UN to Syria: Stop blocking aid convoys Updated: Nov-19-13 4:53 pm
- 5 Americans killed in Philippines typhoon Updated: Nov-19-13 11:19 am
- Russian FM: Syrian opposition warms up to talks Updated: Nov-19-13 8:29 am
- Turkey: No tolerance for militants headed to Syria Updated: Nov-18-13 6:45 pm
- Norway to send ships to Syria to ferry weapons out Updated: Nov-14-13 12:09 pm
- UN: 49,000 typhoon survivors receive rice Updated: Nov-13-13 11:07 pm
CANBERRA, Australia - The United Nations is investigating reports that aid has yet to reach remote parts of the Philippines a month after a devastating typhoon, the U.N. humanitarian chief said on Monday.
UNITED NATIONS - An estimated 250,000 people in besieged communities in Syria remain beyond the reach of aid, the U.N, humanitarian chief said Tuesday in a closed-door Security Council briefing that one member called "chilling."
GENEVA - Food aid is being cut back in Congo due to lack of funding that could affect hundreds of thousands of hungry people, the World Food Program said Tuesday.
JERUSALEM - Israel acknowledged for the first time Tuesday that it is providing humanitarian aid to victims of the civil war inside neighboring Syria, saying it has funneled food and other emergency supplies to embattled villages just across the frontier.
BEIJING - North Korea's production of staple foods has increased for the third year running, but mothers and babies still lack sufficient vitamins, fat and protein, leaving many children stunted, the World Food Program's North Korean representative said Thursday.
BEIRUT - Within 24 hours of an interim deal aimed at reining in Iran's nuclear program, world powers raised hopes Monday for the first face-to-face talks to end the Syrian civil war as the United Nations called the warring parties to the table.
NAIROBI, Kenya - After early delays caused by massive infrastructure damage, the World Food Program is now providing food to 3 million typhoon victims in the Philippines, but the needs there and in Syria mean Somali refugees in Kenya are seeing food assistance cut by 20 percent, WFP's top official said Friday.
UNITED NATIONS - The General Assembly's human rights committee demanded Tuesday that Syria's government immediately allow humanitarian aid to be delivered to areas throughout the country that need it most and stop hampering distribution with "bureaucratic impediments and other obstacles."
WASHINGTON - U.S. officials say five Americans have died in Philippines' Typhoon Haiyan (HY-ahn) and hundreds of other Americans have received assistance.
MOSCOW - Russia on Tuesday urged Syrian President Bashar Assad's government to cooperate with the opposition in fighting "terrorists" and encouraged the regime to speed up the deliveries of humanitarian aid to the population - a call that reflects Moscow's attempt to position itself as a mediator in Syria peace talks.
WASHINGTON - Turkey's top diplomat pushed back on Monday against allegations that his nation has not cracked down hard enough on extremists crossing its border to fight in Syria's civil war.
WASHINGTON - Norway on Thursday became the first country to confirm it will send military servicemen to Syria and help the U.N. eliminate the Assad government's chemical weapons arsenal.
TACLOBAN, Philippines - The United Nations World Food Programme says 49,000 people in and around the typhoon-battered city of Tacloban have received rice and canned food.