- UN: More aid deliveries in Syria, but people still starving Updated: Apr-28-16 7:16 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The U.N. humanitarian chief warned Thursday that despite increased aid deliveries in Syria, people are still starving without medical care and said the world should be "ashamed" at the devastating human toll in five years of "senseless" fighting.
- China sends 4 planeloads of aid to quake-ravaged Ecuador Updated: Apr-27-16 4:00 pm
QUITO, Ecuador - China's government has sent four plane loads of aid worth over $9 million to tens of thousands left homeless by this month's powerful earthquake in Ecuador
- UN agency: El Nino droughts may get even worse Updated: Apr-26-16 1:13 pm
GENEVA - The U.N.'s humanitarian aid agency says the El Nino weather phenomenon has affected 60 million people worldwide and is warning the worst impact from the droughts it causes is yet to come.
- Pope brings 12 Syrian refugees to Italy in lesson for Europe Updated: Apr-16-16 5:15 pm
MORIA, Greece - In an extraordinary gesture both political and personal, Pope Francis brought 12 Syrian Muslims to Italy aboard his plane Saturday after an emotional visit to the Greek island of Lesbos, which has faced the brunt of Europe's migration crisis.
- Donation of surplus peanuts from US dismays Haiti farmers Updated: Apr-15-16 9:26 am
MIREBALAIS, Haiti - The barefoot farmer oversees three teenage workers as they attack weeds with spades in a sunbaked field of peanut plants, a vital cash crop often grown on Haiti's marginal farmland.
- U2's Bono urges lawmakers to view aid as national security Updated: Apr-12-16 10:04 pm
WASHINGTON - U2 frontman Bono brought his star power to Capitol Hill Tuesday as he called on members of Congress to take swift action to deal with the global refugee crisis and violent extremism.
- Report: Smaller groups often most effective during crises Updated: Apr-11-16 8:10 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Smaller, more specialized private companies and local groups are often better equipped to provide aid in a modern crisis area like Syria, but the majority of humanitarian aid funding goes to large international organizations that have no incentive to relinquish their power, according to a new study released Tuesday.
- Turkey: Gaza aid is a sticking point in Israel-Turkey talks Updated: Apr-11-16 1:18 pm
ISTANBUL - A Turkish official says normalization of ties with Israel hinges on reaching an agreement over humanitarian aid to the Gaza Strip.
- UN delivers food aid by air drop to besieged Syrian city Updated: Apr-11-16 7:58 am
ROME - A U.N. agency has used parachutes to air drop food aid to a Syrian city under siege since March 2014.