- Balkan foes find common ground in bid to join 28-nation EU Updated: May-22-15 12:20 pm
TIRANA, Albania - Foreign ministers and senior diplomats from several Balkan countries - many with troubled relations stemming from wars in the 1990s - met Friday in the Albanian capital of Tirana to try and advance each others' bids to join the European Union.
- The Latest on Rohingya: US envoy says address root causes Updated: May-22-15 9:01 am
5 p.m. (1030 GMT)
- Syrian refugees struggle amid aid cuts, lack of labor rights Updated: May-19-15 3:50 am
SALHIYEH, Jordan - A Syrian refugee couple and their baby boy were recently dropped from a U.N. food voucher program and live on $9-a-day jobs on a peach farm in northern Jordan. In a town nearby, a 16-year-old boy quit school to work as a mechanic's helper because his refugee family needs the extra $21 a week.
- South Sudan fighting causes humanitarian crisis, says UN Updated: May-12-15 1:27 pm
JUBA, South Sudan - The United Nations mission to South Sudan has received credible reports of kidnappings of boys as young as 10 and the rape and abduction of girls and women amid killings in a northern region that the U.N. and aid agencies had to abandon because of the danger.
- China-Russia navies to hold first Mediterranean joint drills Updated: Apr-30-15 9:05 am
BEIJING - The navies of China and Russia plan to hold joint drills in the Mediterranean Sea for the first time in mid-May, China's Defense Ministry announced Thursday, in the latest expansion of the growing informal partnership between the two militaries.
- Cyprus, Egypt, Greece to boost ties on combatting terrorism Updated: Apr-29-15 10:52 am
NICOSIA, Cyprus - The leaders of Cyprus, Egypt and Greece agreed Wednesday to step up cooperation on combatting terrorism amid fears that worsening security conditions in neighboring countries such as Libya could threaten the region.
- US sending disaster response team, $1 million aid to Nepal Updated: Apr-25-15 4:33 pm
WASHINGTON - The United States is sending a disaster response team and $1 million in aid to Nepal following a devastating earthquake felt in neighboring countries.