- Ten Commandments decision prompts conservative outcry Updated: Jul-04-15 2:25 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma Supreme Court's decision to order a Ten Commandments monument removed from the state Capitol grounds has so angered conservatives in the Legislature that some Republicans are calling for justices to be impeached, while others want to amend the Bill of Rights in the 108-year-old state constitution.
- House Republicans seek vote after 10 Commandments ruling Updated: Jul-01-15 6:38 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Speaker of the House Jeff Hickman is joining the growing chorus of Republican legislators demanding action after the Supreme Court's decision to order the Ten Commandments monument removed from the Capitol grounds.
- The Latest: Maine Legislature OKs $100M in bond proposals Updated: Jun-30-15 10:55 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - The latest on the Maine Legislature's rush to finish its work for the session (all times local):
- Oklahoma court: Ten Commandments monument must come down Updated: Jun-30-15 4:08 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A Ten Commandments monument on the Oklahoma Capitol grounds is a religious symbol and must be removed because it violates the state's constitutional ban on using public property to benefit a religion, the Oklahoma Supreme Court ruled Tuesday.
- Approval rating for Brazil's president falls to 10 percent Updated: Jun-21-15 5:05 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - The approval rating of Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff has fallen to a level not seen in the more than two decades since a president was impeached for corruption, her hit coming amid an economic crunch and a huge corruption scandal at the state energy company.
- AU calls for restraint as Madagascar court stops impeachment Updated: Jun-18-15 7:40 am
ANTANANARIVO, Madagascar - The African Union welcomed the decision by Madagascar's high court to reject parliament's effort to impeach the president and called on lawmakers to avoid further instability in the island nation.