- Hundreds of French chauffeurs stage counter-protest to taxis Updated: Feb-03-16 9:42 am
PARIS - About 300 French chauffeurs are staging a counter-protest after repeated demonstrations by taxi drivers against looser industry regulations.
- Regulators get input - sort of - on self-driving car rollout Updated: Jan-28-16 6:09 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - California regulators deciding how to permit the future rollout of self-driving cars were told Thursday by consumer advocates that their cautious approach was right on, and by companies developing the technology that the state's current course will delay deployment of vehicles that promise huge safety benefits.
- The Latest: California hearing begins on self-driving cars Updated: Jan-28-16 2:05 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Latest on hearing on driverless cars in California (all times local):
- Some call New Mexico governor 'anti-immigrant' over ID law Updated: Jan-25-16 9:07 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez has urged comprehensive immigration reform and asked candidates to tone down their rhetoric amid strong anti-immigration sentiment from some fellow Republicans, but she still faces accusations of pushing an "anti-immigrant" agenda.
- Moped deaths increase 57 percent in 1 year in South Carolina Updated: Jan-23-16 11:35 am
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - The number of people who died in moped accidents in South Carolina increased 57 percent in 2015 from the year before, leading a legislative supporter of laws for the vehicles to reissue his call for tighter safety.
- Delaware governor issues driving ban Updated: Jan-23-16 10:11 am
DOVER, Delaware - Delaware Gov. Jack Markell has issued a driving ban as a winter storm continues to dump snow and sleet on the mid-Atlantic region.
- Senate backs ban on hand-held cellphones while driving Updated: Jan-21-16 8:35 pm
BOSTON - The state Senate approved a bill Thursday that would require drivers in Massachusetts to put down their cellphones while behind the wheel.
- Hungary government sides with taxi drivers against Uber Updated: Jan-20-16 4:26 pm
BUDAPEST, Hungary - The Hungarian government says it supports taxi drivers in their protest against ride-hailing apps like Uber.
- Senate to vote on tougher drunken driving penalties Updated: Jan-20-16 11:32 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - The state Senate is set to vote on a bill that would impose tougher penalties on repeat drunken drivers.
- The Latest: House GOP leader says REAL ID reform top on list Updated: Jan-19-16 7:59 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The latest on New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez's State of the State address (all times local):
- New Mexico lawmakers ready for REAL ID fix debate Updated: Jan-18-16 11:18 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The New Mexico Legislative session is scheduled to begin Tuesday, and fixing the state's driver's licenses laws is among the most anticipated pieces of legislation lawmakers are expected to tackle.
- Massachusetts Senate to consider distracted driving bill Updated: Jan-18-16 10:46 am
BOSTON - Motorists in Massachusetts may soon have to put down their cellphones when they're on the road.
- Research institute to study truck drivers' sleep regulations Updated: Jan-07-16 11:01 am
BLACKSBURG, Virginia - The Virginia Tech Transportation Institute will conduct a federal study to determine how regulated sleep schedules affect truck drivers.