- Nebraska ends ban on driver's licenses for immigrant youths Updated: May-28-15 6:09 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska ended the nation's last ban on driving privileges for young people brought into the United States illegally as children, after the Legislature voted Thursday to override a veto from the state's new Republican governor.
- New Indiana law requires drivers not speeding to move over Updated: May-28-15 7:54 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Motorists obeying the speed limit in the left lanes of highways soon will be required to move over to allow faster vehicles to pass them or risk a $500 fine under a new Indiana law.
- Ricketts vetoes driver's licenses bill for immigrant youth Updated: May-27-15 10:58 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Gov. Pete Ricketts vetoed a bill Wednesday that would end Nebraska's status as the only state to ban driving privileges for young people brought to the country illegally as children but allowed to stay under a federal program.
- What to watch: Crunch time calm; texting while driving bill Updated: May-24-15 9:07 am
AUSTIN, Texas - The closing days of Texas' legislative session usually mean political chaos, with some lawmakers scrambling to finalize pet proposed legislation and others working just as hard to block bills they despise.
- Some of the major bills approved by Oklahoma Legislature Updated: May-22-15 6:44 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma Legislature wrapped up the 2015 legislative session on Friday, one week before its constitutionally mandated deadline, by passing dozens of last-minute measures. Among them are several related to the $7.1 billion state budget.
- Gov. Mary Fallin signs bill banning texting while driving Updated: May-05-15 6:14 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Gov. Mary Fallin added her signature Tuesday to legislation that makes it illegal to text message while driving in Oklahoma and then issued a challenge to the state's motorists.
- California lawmakers stall roadside test for drugged drivers Updated: May-05-15 3:32 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - An Assembly committee has rejected making California one of more than a dozen states that allow police to conduct roadside testing for marijuana and other drugs.
- Volusia County consider beach-driving restrictions Updated: May-03-15 12:43 pm
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - The Daytona Beach City Council is considering banning driving on some sections of the area's hard-packed beaches.
- State revokes license of driver who killed 3 children Updated: May-02-15 3:08 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - State officials have suspended the driver's license of a Springfield man two months after he drove his pickup into three young children, killing them.
- Republicans propose banning cellphones in construction zones Updated: Apr-30-15 1:25 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Republicans are moving a bill through the Wisconsin Legislature that would prohibit drivers from using cellphones in construction zones.