- Iowa drunken driving deaths up but license revocations fall Updated: May-01-16 6:50 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The number of drunken driving deaths on Iowa roads has increased, but driver's license revocations are down.
- Synthetic narcotics spark new look at drugged- driving laws Updated: May-01-16 12:50 pm
MINEOLA, New York - Eighteen-year-old Kristian Roggio was riding in a friend's car when another driver careened across a Brooklyn street, colliding head-on and killing her. That driver had inhaled aerosol dust cleaner moments before to get high, and prosecutors say he was impaired enough to be charged with vehicular manslaughter.
- Sitka Assembly approves ban on texting while driving Updated: Apr-29-16 10:03 am
SITKA, Alaska - Sitka officials have approved an ordinance that prohibits drivers from using their cellphones while driving.
- Fallin signs bill to close drunken driving court loophole Updated: Apr-25-16 6:32 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A bill that prohibits most municipal courts from handling drunken driving cases is one of more than two dozen measures signed into law by Gov. Mary Fallin.
- Minnesota drunken driving suspect pulled from Wisconsin lake Updated: Apr-21-16 11:21 am
MAPLEWOOD, Minnesota - Authorities rescued a drunken driving suspect from a Wisconsin lake after they say she sped away from Minnesota officers who were trying to get her to pull over.
- Lawmakers fail to conclude Tennessee legislative session Updated: Apr-20-16 9:34 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A lengthy debate over a proposed veto override, partisan squabbling and a disagreement over a tax cut have delayed the planned conclusion of the legislative session.
- House to debate drug crisis money, using cells while driving Updated: Apr-20-16 12:09 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Child protection laws, funding for the drug crisis and changes to the state's ban on using cellphones while driving are all up for debate when the New Hampshire House convenes.
- Greeley to consider distract driving laws Updated: Apr-18-16 1:31 pm
GREELEY, Colorado - A Colorado city is considering laws that would punish distracted driving, including texting while driving.
- Oro Valley weighs ban on texting while driving Updated: Apr-18-16 5:52 am
ORO VALLEY, Arizona - The town of Oro Valley is considering banning texting while driving.
- Tuition, new driver's licenses on legislature's final day Updated: Apr-15-16 10:27 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky's high school graduates got free community college tuition and its drivers got new licenses on the last day of a tumultuous legislative session before a fall election season that could reshape the state's political power.
- Dueling Rhode Island bills would regulate Uber and Lyft Updated: Apr-15-16 6:12 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island could become the latest state to set rules for ride-hailing companies such as Uber and Lyft, but first lawmakers must come to agreement on dueling bills - one favored by Uber and the other by traditional taxi operators.
- What REAL ID means for Washington state Updated: Apr-10-16 4:59 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - More than two dozen states and territories aren't in compliance with a 2005 federal law that requires state driver's licenses and ID cards to have security enhancements and be issued to people who can prove they're legally in the United States. But Washington is one of just four states and one territory that haven't received a compliance extension from the federal government, meaning millions of residents who currently have standard Washington driver's licenses now need additional ID for access to some military bases, and will eventually be required to show additional documentation for air travel unless the Legislature acts.
- Top Saudi cleric reiterates support for ban on women driving Updated: Apr-10-16 10:16 am
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Saudi Arabia's most senior cleric has reiterated his support for the kingdom's ban on women driving, arguing it is "a dangerous matter that exposes women to evil."
- Tickets for texting while driving continue to increase in NY Updated: Apr-08-16 12:32 pm
ALBANY, New York - The number of drivers issued a ticket for talking on a hand-held cellphone is dropping in New York state - though more people than ever are being caught texting while behind the wheel.
- Missouri House passes ride-hail regulations for Uber, Lyft Updated: Apr-07-16 8:44 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A Missouri lawmaker who works as an Uber driver was among House members who voted Thursday to pass proposed statewide regulations for ride-hailing companies, which supporters say will spur competition and create jobs.
- Minnesota law agencies to crack down on distracted drivers Updated: Apr-06-16 4:50 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota law agencies have a message for motorists - put down that phone and drive.
- New Iowa law allows loaded firearms on snowmobiles, ATVs Updated: Apr-06-16 1:25 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A new law will allow drivers or passengers in snowmobiles and all-terrain vehicles to carry loaded firearms.
- Police sergeant goes undercover to halt distracted driving Updated: Apr-05-16 6:52 am
STAMFORD, Connecticut - The start of the statewide U-Text, U-Drive, U-Pay campaign to curb distracted driving along Connecticut's roads is underway and will continue through the end of the month.