- SD Senate approves statewide texting ban Updated: Mar-10-14 8:37 pm
- Patrol: 273 citations given under Ohio texting ban Updated: Mar-09-14 3:13 pm
- Colorado looks to restrict cellphones in cars Updated: Mar-06-14 4:46 pm
- Troopers: Vehicle of Homer man strikes patrol car Updated: Mar-06-14 2:55 pm
- Arizona House bans cell phones for young drivers Updated: Mar-05-14 4:48 pm
- Bill banning smoking with children in car advances Updated: Mar-05-14 12:20 pm
- Drivers violating school bus laws targeted Updated: Mar-03-14 9:26 am
- German bobsled driver Machata banned for 1 year Updated: Mar-03-14 9:16 am
- Ban on texting while driving to become NM law Updated: Mar-02-14 4:58 pm
- Lawmakers continue debate on texting while driving Updated: Feb-28-14 4:11 am
- 10,900 immigrants applied for license under policy Updated: Feb-26-14 8:20 pm
- Oklahoma House panel OKs ban on driving, texting Updated: Feb-26-14 6:35 pm
- W.Va. Senate bill to change driver's ID renewal Updated: Feb-24-14 1:44 pm
- Greek bus driver fined for banning Africans Updated: Feb-24-14 11:22 am
- Gophers give Kill raise and extra year on contract Updated: Feb-22-14 7:50 pm
- Looking for the uninsured? Just hail a taxi driver Updated: Feb-20-14 5:43 pm
- NH House puts off hand-held cellphone ban vote Updated: Feb-19-14 5:17 pm
- NM lawmakers OK ban on texting while driving Updated: Feb-18-14 9:13 pm
- Iowa panel OKs stricter texting while driving bill Updated: Feb-18-14 6:15 pm
- Call for new driving rules after medical pot law Updated: Feb-16-14 11:53 am
- Vt. House passes ban on cellphones while driving Updated: Feb-14-14 12:11 pm
- Idaho mom petitions for inattentive driving bill Updated: Feb-13-14 8:10 pm
- Vt. House advances phoning-while-driving ban Updated: Feb-13-14 3:12 pm
- Wausau bans cellphones while driving Updated: Feb-12-14 11:16 am
- Illinois begins campaign on driver cellphone ban Updated: Feb-12-14 6:43 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - An effort to ban texting while driving in South Dakota could be in danger after the state passed a measure Monday that went further than the House may be willing to accept.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - More than 270 citations have been issued to drivers for texting or using a cellphone behind the wheel in violation of a new Ohio law, according to data from the State Highway Patrol.
DENVER - A Colorado lawmaker who has received complaints from constituents about drivers distracted by their cellphones is proposing banning their use in cars unless people use a hands-free device.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaska State Troopers say a vehicle driven by a 19-year-old Homer man struck a patrol vehicle during a traffic stop on the Sterling Highway.
PHOENIX - Teenage drivers in Arizona would be banned from using cellphones on the road the first six months they hold their license under a bill approved by the Arizona House.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A proposal that would make it illegal for motorists to smoke in cars with children is advancing in the Illinois legislature.
WASHINGTON, Missouri - An eastern Missouri sheriff's department is targeting drivers who ignore school bus laws.
FRANKFURT, Germany - The German bobsled federation has banned driver Manuel Machata from racing for one year for lending his bobsled to Russia's Vladimir Zubkov, who won two gold medals at the Sochi Olympics.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A proposal to ban texting while driving in New Mexico has become a state law.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi lawmakers are still talking about banning drivers from sending text messages.
ATLANTA - Nearly 10,900 immigrants granted temporary permission to remain in the U.S. under a federal policy aimed at people brought to the country illegally as children have applied for Georgia driver's licenses or permits since the policy took effect, state data shows.
OKLAHOMA CITY - An Oklahoma House committee approved legislation Wednesday that would prohibit texting, emailing and instant messaging while driving a vehicle over the objections of opponents who said the measure would be difficult to enforce.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The West Virginia Senate has passed a bill to change the driver's license renewal process.
THESSALONIKI, Greece - A bus driver who prevented two Africans from boarding his vehicle in Greece's second largest city has been convicted of racism, fined 1,000 euros ($1,400) and given a suspended prison sentence.
Minnesota has given football coach Jerry Kill a raise and another year on his contract.
CHICAGO - Like most taxi drivers, Sebti Boukarit doesn't have health insurance. And because he works up to 12 hours a day, six days a week, he hasn't had much time to sign up under the nation's new health care law.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Hand-held use of cellphones while driving would be prohibited in New Hampshire under a bill being taken up next month by the House.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - A proposal to ban texting while driving in New Mexico has won final approval in the Legislature.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa lawmakers granted initial approval Tuesday of a bill that would further crack down on texting while driving by allowing officers to pull over motorists suspected of that sole offense.
PEORIA, Illinois - While agencies are refining regulations for Illinois new medical marijuana law, some want to change the state's rules that deal with use of the substance while driving.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The Vermont House has passed and sent to the Senate a bill banning the use of hand-held cellphones and other electronic devices while driving.
BOISE, Idaho - A grieving Idaho Falls mother is hoping a new bill will prevent tragedy for other families after her 11-year-old daughter was killed when a driver with uncontrolled diabetes crossed the center line and slammed into the car in which the girl was a passenger.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The Vermont House has advanced a bill that would ban the use of all but hands-free cellphones and other electronic devices while driving.
WAUSAU, Wisconsin - The city of Wausau has adopted a ban on hand-held cellphones while driving.
CHICAGO - The state of Illinois has begun a public awareness campaign to remind drivers that all hand-held cellphone use is now illegal.