- Texting-and-driving ban may still fail after Perry Updated: Apr-19-14 4:49 pm
- SC towns and counties spur state to ban texting Updated: Apr-19-14 12:13 pm
- Senate approves hand-held cellphone ban in NH Updated: Apr-17-14 2:17 pm
- Governor declares another propane emergency Updated: Apr-17-14 1:46 pm
- Arizona House bans cell phones for young drivers Updated: Apr-15-14 4:32 pm
- Senate, House pass versions of texting ban Updated: Apr-09-14 11:07 pm
- Senate rejects House's drunken driving proposal Updated: Apr-08-14 2:50 pm
- Ark. police join effort to end texting and driving Updated: Apr-07-14 2:35 pm
- Miss. House rejects texting-while-driving ban Updated: Apr-03-14 3:24 pm
- Off-road driving banned at Cape Point Updated: Apr-03-14 6:55 am
- Lawmakers push campaign to curb distracted driving Updated: Apr-01-14 6:26 pm
- Bill would let drivers 'sign and go' for speeding Updated: Apr-01-14 6:25 am
- Greenville's new hand-held cellphone ban starts Updated: Apr-01-14 4:19 am
- Tighter Indiana scooter rules signed into law Updated: Mar-28-14 6:55 am
- Saudi women renew push for the right to drive Updated: Mar-27-14 12:52 pm
- Ban on hand-held cellphone use by drivers stalls Updated: Mar-24-14 5:26 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Repeated efforts to implement a statewide ban on texting while driving in Texas may continue to fail even after Gov. Rick Perry leaves office next year.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - After years of facing fierce opposition, the idea of South Carolina passing a statewide texting-while-driving ban is becoming a real possibility. Earlier this month the state Senate and House passed separate bills aimed at putting to an end to the confusing hodgepodge of local bans. However many believe it will fall short of its intention to deter distracted driving.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Hand-held cellphone use would be banned while driving in New Hampshire in mid-2015 under a bill passed Thursday by the Senate.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker has declared another propane emergency.
PHOENIX - The Arizona House has again voted to ban cellphone use by teen drivers for the first six months they hold their license.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina is closer to having its first statewide ban on texting while driving, a measure that would eliminate the confusion and conflicts resulting from municipalities and counties having their own separate ordinances.
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Iowa Senate has rejected amendments to a bill attempting to change Iowa's law dealing with drunken drivers.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Law enforcement agencies across Arkansas are joining a national effort to stop texting while driving, Arkansas State Police said Monday.
JACKSON, Mississippi - The state House says it's OK, so Mississippi drivers can text away.
BUXTON, North Carolina - The Cape Point area of Cape Hatteras National Seashore is being closed to off-road driving to protect breeding activities of piping plover shorebirds.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Lawmakers in the Iowa Senate have taken a new route to address distracted driving across the state.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Legislation being considered by lawmakers in Springfield would allow drivers to keep their licenses in hand after getting speeding tickets.
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - South Carolina's toughest law on using cellphones while driving is now on the books in Greenville.
INDIANAPOLIS - Drivers of motorized scooters in Indiana will face tighter regulations under a measure signed into law by Gov. Mike Pence.
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - In the six months since Saudi activists renewed calls to defy the kingdom's ban on female drivers, small numbers of women have gotten behind the wheel almost daily in what has become the country's longest such campaign.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - It appears Louisiana drivers won't face new limits on their cellphone use.