- New Indiana law requires drivers not speeding to move over Updated: May-26-15 1:39 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana motorists who obey the speed limit in the left lanes of multi-lane highways soon will be required to move over to allow faster vehicles to pass or risk $500 fines.
- What to watch: Crunch time calm; texting while driving bill Updated: May-24-15 9:07 am
AUSTIN, Texas - The closing days of Texas' legislative session usually mean political chaos, with some lawmakers scrambling to finalize pet proposed legislation and others working just as hard to block bills they despise.
- Some of the major bills approved by Oklahoma Legislature Updated: May-22-15 6:44 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma Legislature wrapped up the 2015 legislative session on Friday, one week before its constitutionally mandated deadline, by passing dozens of last-minute measures. Among them are several related to the $7.1 billion state budget.
- Nebraska votes to scrap ban on immigrant driver's licenses Updated: May-21-15 6:32 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska's Legislature voted Thursday to end the nation's last ban on driving privileges for young people brought into the United States illegally as children, agreeing to scrap the policy by a veto-proof margin even as the state's new Republican governor continued to signal his opposition.
- Gov. Mary Fallin signs bill banning texting while driving Updated: May-05-15 6:14 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Gov. Mary Fallin added her signature Tuesday to legislation that makes it illegal to text message while driving in Oklahoma and then issued a challenge to the state's motorists.
- California lawmakers stall roadside test for drugged drivers Updated: May-05-15 3:32 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - An Assembly committee has rejected making California one of more than a dozen states that allow police to conduct roadside testing for marijuana and other drugs.
- Volusia County consider beach-driving restrictions Updated: May-03-15 12:43 pm
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - The Daytona Beach City Council is considering banning driving on some sections of the area's hard-packed beaches.
- State revokes license of driver who killed 3 children Updated: May-02-15 3:08 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - State officials have suspended the driver's license of a Springfield man two months after he drove his pickup into three young children, killing them.
- Republicans propose banning cellphones in construction zones Updated: Apr-30-15 1:25 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Republicans are moving a bill through the Wisconsin Legislature that would prohibit drivers from using cellphones in construction zones.
- Montana legislative session closes with successes and flops Updated: Apr-29-15 8:21 pm
HELENA, Montana - Montana lawmakers went home this week having passed landmark legislation including a Republican route to expand Medicaid, a water use agreement for the Flathead Indian Reservation and a new law to disclose "dark money" in political campaigns.
- Hawaii lawmakers push expanded access for driver's licenses Updated: Apr-29-15 8:17 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii lawmakers are trying to make it easier for people living in the state illegally, homeless individuals and vulnerable populations to get driver's licenses.
- Ban on texting and driving awaits Gov. Fallin's signature Updated: Apr-29-15 5:59 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma is in line to become the 46th in the nation to pass a ban on texting and driving after the state House passed a bill on Wednesday.