- Police: 3 in Eugene hit by darts from passing SUV Updated: Apr-23-14 9:44 pm
- Teen missed Africa, had no clue he was in Maui Updated: Apr-23-14 9:34 pm
- Crash site at Grand Canyon a national landmark Updated: Apr-23-14 8:44 pm
- Material on Australian shore not from Malaysia jet Updated: Apr-23-14 8:25 pm
- NTSB head: Action needed now on oil train safety Updated: Apr-23-14 7:47 pm
- Rail safety effort marred by squabbling Updated: Apr-23-14 7:41 pm
- Port Authority to redo $1 NJ Transit lease Updated: Apr-23-14 7:18 pm
- Bolivia approves downing of drug-smuggling planes Updated: Apr-23-14 7:05 pm
- Train hits logging truck at rail road crossing Updated: Apr-23-14 6:58 pm
- PETA seeks OK from Iowa DOT for turkey memorial Updated: Apr-23-14 6:49 pm
- Train derails in Congo, dozens dead Updated: Apr-23-14 6:10 pm
- Seattle group to file transit initiative Updated: Apr-23-14 5:55 pm
- Pa. woman pleads guilty in fatal bus stop crash Updated: Apr-23-14 5:55 pm
- Canada to end tankers linked to Quebec explosion Updated: Apr-23-14 5:50 pm
- Airport security vulnerabilities not uncommon Updated: Apr-23-14 4:32 pm
- Passenger in Dayton car crash dies Updated: Apr-23-14 4:16 pm
- Kingman police: Man shot himself while driving Updated: Apr-23-14 4:04 pm
- Va. toll road could cost $500m, not be built Updated: Apr-23-14 3:02 pm
- Driver charged in deadly crash pleads not guilty Updated: Apr-23-14 2:16 pm
- New Hampshire House ups gas, diesel tax by 4 cents Updated: Apr-23-14 1:55 pm
- Damaged sign backs up traffic in North Little Rock Updated: Apr-23-14 1:32 pm
- Poland holds 1st big security exercise in decades Updated: Apr-23-14 1:22 pm
- USAF: Colombia crash caused by plane hitting hill Updated: Apr-23-14 1:10 pm
- Walker: Wisconsin must find new transport funding Updated: Apr-23-14 12:50 pm
- Police: Man struck on Vegas street was jaywalking Updated: Apr-23-14 12:43 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Police in Eugene, Oregon, say three people have been hit by 4-inch darts shot from a dark-colored SUV in separate attacks this month.
HONOLULU - Long flights can leave anyone a little unsteady, but a teenager who defied the odds, surviving a flight from California to Hawaii tucked in a jetliner's wheel well, was disoriented, thirsty and could barely walk after the freezing, low-pressure ordeal, airport officials said Wednesday.
GRAND CANYON NATIONAL PARK, Arizona - The site of a 1956 plane crash at the Grand Canyon that killed 128 people has been designated a national landmark.
CANBERRA, Australia - Australian officials said Thursday that after examining detailed photographs of unidentified material that washed ashore in the southwestern part of the country they are satisfied it is not a clue in the search for the missing Malaysian plane.
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration needs to take steps immediately to protect the public from potentially catastrophic oil train accidents even if it means using emergency authority, National Transportation Safety Board Chairman Deborah Hersman said Wednesday.
WASHINGTON - Spurred by a series of fiery train crashes, a push by government and industry to make safer tank cars used for shipping crude oil and ethanol has bogged down in squabbling and finger-pointing over whether they're needed and if so, who should pay.
NEW YORK - The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey took more steps Wednesday to rescind a $1-a-year lease for a park-and-ride lot near the Lincoln Tunnel that raised questions about conflicts of interest with the agency's former chairman.
LA PAZ, Bolivia - A new Bolivian law authorizes the country's military to shoot down planes suspected of smuggling cocaine, though it cannot yet be put into practice because it doesn't have sufficient radar coverage.
PLANT CITY, Florida - Authorities say the driver of a logging truck was injured when a train crashed into his truck at a Tampa Bay area rail road crossing.
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals has asked Iowa transportation officials for permission to build a temporary memorial tombstone that they say will honor hundreds of turkeys killed in a recent truck crash.
KINSHASA, Congo - Officials in Congo say a freight train has derailed in the country's southeast, killing around 50 people.
SEATTLE - A Seattle group says it will file a citywide initiative to raise money for bus service following Tuesdays' apparent defeat of a King County measure that would have prevented Metro Transit cuts in exchange for a sales tax hike and an increase to car-tab fees.
ALLENTOWN, Pennsylvania - A woman has pleaded guilty to charges stemming from a car crash at an eastern Pennsylvania bus stop that claimed two lives.
TORONTO - Canada said Wednesday it was phasing out the type of rail tankers involved in last summer's massive explosion of a runaway oil train that incinerated much of a town in Quebec, killing 47 people and prompting intense public pressure to make oil trains safer.
SAN JOSE, California - For all the tens of billions of dollars the nation has spent on screening passengers and their bags, few airports made a comparable investment to secure the airplanes.
CARSON CITY, Nevada - The Nevada Highway Patrol says the passenger in a car involved in a crash with a tractor-trailer in Dayton has died.
KINGMAN, Arizona - Kingman police say an 82-year-old Prescott man fatally shot himself to commit suicide while driving a pickup truck that then swerved and collided with a passenger van.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Former Gov. Bob McDonnell's aggressive push to build a toll road parallel to U.S. 460 from Suffolk to Petersburg may wind up costing taxpayers between $400 million to $500 million - with no road to show for it.
MORRISTOWN, New Jersey - A northern New Jersey man who authorities say was driving drunk when he caused an accident that killed three relatives last summer has pleaded not guilty to several charges stemming from the crash.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire's House voted Wednesday to raise the tax on gasoline and diesel by 4 cents per gallon - the first increase since 1991.
NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A damaged sign is causing major traffic delays on Interstate 40 in North Little Rock as crews shut down lanes to remove the structure.
JASCE, Poland - In imaginary emergency drills, Polish security forces evacuated the Interior Ministry and rescued foreigners supposedly injured in a cross-border helicopter crash as part of Poland's first nationwide security exercises for decades.
NORFOLK, Virginia - Air Force investigators say a plane crash that killed four people in Colombia this past fall occurred when the plane's pilots failed to stay over water and slammed into a hill.
JANESVILLE, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker is looking for new ways to fund a state transportation budget that is projected to fall short by as much as $700 million by 2017.
LAS VEGAS - Police say a 57-year-old man wasn't in a crosswalk when he was struck by a vehicle and badly hurt on a busy boulevard several blocks west of the Las Vegas Strip.