- Track construction begins on New Haven-Springfield rail line Updated: Aug-03-15 9:10 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Construction of a second track for the expanded rail line from New Haven to Springfield, Massachusetts, began Monday, and commuters will be bused along the route for the next year.
- Distracted driving tied to teen's death in western Michigan Updated: Aug-03-15 8:49 pm
GEORGETOWN TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A teenager has been killed in western Michigan in a multi-vehicle crash that's being blamed on a driver who was distracted by a sandwich and his GPS device.
- Man critically hurt in Las Vegas Strip vehicle-bicycle crash Updated: Aug-03-15 7:46 pm
LAS VEGAS - Authorities say a 37-year-old bicyclist was badly hurt when he was struck from behind by a Ford Mustang in a crash that closed a central part of the Las Vegas Strip for several hours.
- Coroner: Ohio motorist shot by officer had fragrance bottle Updated: Aug-03-15 6:16 pm
CINCINNATI - A bottle held up by a motorist during a traffic stop before he was fatally shot by a University of Cincinnati police officer apparently contained a fragrance, not alcohol, a coroner said Monday.
- Ohio man gets 35 years for crashing into bar during chase Updated: Aug-03-15 5:59 pm
WESTLAKE, Ohio - A man convicted of crashing a stolen truck into a crowded Ohio tavern and injuring at least a dozen people has been sentenced to 35 1/2 years in prison.
- Police issue 'pantry tickets' for minor traffic violations Updated: Aug-03-15 5:35 pm
AFFTON, Missouri - Drivers pulled over by police in the Affton area of St. Louis County for a minor traffic violation recently got a surprise: No ticket, but a suggestion to instead donate money to a food pantry or some other worthy cause.
- Driver of Gary church bus that crashed, killing boy, in jail Updated: Aug-03-15 5:11 pm
GREENFIELD, Indiana - The driver of a Gary church bus that overturned on a highway, killing a 6-year-old boy, has been arrested following his release from an Indianapolis hospital.
- Patrol says 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash near Ashland Updated: Aug-03-15 4:36 pm
ASHLAND, Nebraska - Authorities have identified a man killed in a single-vehicle rollover crash on Interstate 80 in eastern Nebraska.
- 2 killed after car crashes into tree after police chase Updated: Aug-03-15 4:23 pm
CORNELIUS, North Carolina - Authorities in Cornelius say two people are dead after their car crashed into a tree and burst into flames as the driver tried to evade police.
- Driver of tour bus accused in fatal Interstate 95 crash Updated: Aug-03-15 3:53 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The driver of a New York City tour bus involved in a fatal crash on Interstate 95 is facing charges stemming from the wreck.
- 3 hurt when car hits 3 vehicles in Seaford Updated: Aug-03-15 3:44 pm
SEAFORD, Delaware - Delaware State Police say three people were hurt when a car struck three vehicles, one after becoming airborne.
- Storm causes accident, forces newspaper to print again Updated: Aug-03-15 3:13 pm
MOUNT PLEASANT, Michigan - A central Michigan newspaper says it had to reprint the Monday edition after papers were destroyed during a severe weekend storm.
- Heavy rain, flooding snarl life in the Tampa Bay area Updated: Aug-03-15 3:04 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - A summer deluge has flooded streets in the Tampa Bay area, forcing some road closings and evacuations, delaying airline flights and overtaxing parts of local wastewater treatment systems.
- Washington state man dies in Montana canoeing accident Updated: Aug-03-15 3:04 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - A 46-year-old Washington state man has died after a weekend canoeing accident on the Clark Fork River in western Montana.
- Injured man pulled from water after boat strikes NC bridge Updated: Aug-03-15 2:11 pm
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - Personnel from the U.S. Coast Guard have rescued a man from Bogue Sound after his boat struck the high-rise bridge between Morehead City and Atlantic Beach.
- Pilot crashes glider on forest land near Logan Cache Airport Updated: Aug-03-15 12:50 pm
LOGAN, Utah - A pilot who crashed his glider near the Logan Cache Airport in northern Utah is recovering from his injuries.
- Lafayette's charter schools must provide busing in 3 years Updated: Aug-03-15 12:05 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Three years from now, more school buses will be on the road in Lafayette Parish once its charter schools are required to transport their students.
- Fargo toddler struck and killed by SUV driven by father Updated: Aug-03-15 11:44 am
FARGO, North Dakota - A toddler playing outside his home in Fargo was struck and killed by a sport utility vehicle driven by his father.
- Motorcycle crashes into utility pole in Maine, killing rider Updated: Aug-03-15 11:23 am
DURHAM, Maine - Authorities in Maine say a motorcycle has crashed into a pole, killing its driver.
- Child dead, 5 others injured in I-85 crash Updated: Aug-03-15 11:14 am
GAFFNEY, South Carolina - A 12-year-old girl is dead and five other people were hospitalized following a crash on Interstate 85 near Gaffney.
- Highway Patrol identifies victims in triple-fatal crash Updated: Aug-03-15 11:04 am
KEENE, North Dakota - The Highway Patrol has identified three people who died in a three-vehicle crash in the western North Dakota oil patch.
- 1 man killed, 2 others injured in 1-car crash in northern NY Updated: Aug-03-15 10:34 am
DICKINSON, New York - State police say a one-car crash on a northern New York road has left one man dead and two others with injuries.
- Connecticut police target drivers talking, texting on phones Updated: Aug-03-15 10:23 am
MIDDLETOWN, Connecticut - Police across Connecticut are launching another enforcement campaign targeting drivers who talk or text on their cellphones without using required hands-free devices.
- Man dies after motorcycle crash in Meriden Updated: Aug-03-15 9:20 am
MERIDEN, Connecticut - A motorcyclist is dead after an early-morning accident in Meriden.
- Bus proposed in place of canceled late train to Rockland Updated: Aug-03-15 8:35 am
NANUET, New York - Sen. Charles Schumer is calling on the MTA to find an alternative to a soon-to be eliminated late-night train to Rockland County.