- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help Updated: Apr-20-14 9:37 am
- Group looks to help stranded I-81 motorists Updated: Apr-20-14 9:30 am
- Transcript of SKorea ship sinking: 'We can't move' Updated: Apr-20-14 9:29 am
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation Updated: Apr-20-14 8:53 am
- Delay in ferry evacuation puzzles maritime experts Updated: Apr-20-14 8:28 am
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation Updated: Apr-20-14 5:29 am
- SF officer injured in crash with robbery suspects Updated: Apr-20-14 12:49 am
- Santa Fe bicyclist fatally struck by train Updated: Apr-20-14 12:08 am
- 1 dead after boat strikes bridge on Calif. river Updated: Apr-19-14 10:01 pm
- Carriage horse foes picket Liam Neeson's NYC home Updated: Apr-19-14 5:46 pm
- Man arrested in connection with fatal hit-and-run Updated: Apr-19-14 5:26 pm
- 5-vehicle highway crash leaves 1 dead, 1 injured Updated: Apr-19-14 5:22 pm
- Small plane crashes in Michigan field, killing 2 Updated: Apr-19-14 5:07 pm
- Fox executive fired over Flight 370 charity email Updated: Apr-19-14 5:01 pm
- Texting-and-driving ban may still fail after Perry Updated: Apr-19-14 4:49 pm
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall Updated: Apr-19-14 4:47 pm
- Drone in Yemen kills at least 9 al-Qaida members Updated: Apr-19-14 3:44 pm
- Crash kills 2 in western Kansas Updated: Apr-19-14 3:40 pm
- Denver police investigating fatal hit-and-run Updated: Apr-19-14 3:01 pm
- Woman killed when car crashed into her house Updated: Apr-19-14 2:31 pm
- 1 killed in wreck involving Anderson Co. deputy Updated: Apr-19-14 2:25 pm
- Police: 1 dead after Anne Arundel boating accident Updated: Apr-19-14 2:01 pm
- Melville man dies in St. Landry accident Updated: Apr-19-14 1:40 pm
- Death toll from Va. Beach crash doubles to 4 Updated: Apr-19-14 1:31 pm
- Bicyclist seriously injured in crash with tractor Updated: Apr-19-14 1:19 pm
PERTH, Australia - A Malaysian official met Sunday with relatives of passengers who were aboard the missing jetliner and discussed ways of providing them with financial assistance, as an unmanned submarine continued to search for any signs of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370.
MARTINSBURG, West Virginia - Everyone thinks John G. "JG" Bartley has a great idea - a mobile comfort station that could be used during traffic jams on Interstate 81, during large structure fires and disasters - but wonders why someone hasn't thought of it before.
JINDO, South Korea - The following is a portion of the transcript released Sunday by the South Korean coast guard of the conversation between the ferry that sank Wednesday and the Jindo Vessel Traffic Services Center (VTS) on Jindo island. The ferry Sewol issued its distress call to another VTS center before these communications began. The Associated Press translated the transcript from Korean. The names of other ships included in the transcript are omitted at the request of South Korean authorities.
JINDO, South Korea - A transcript released Sunday shows the South Korean ferry that sank was crippled with confusion and indecision well after it began listing dangerously, possibly adding to a death toll that is officially at 58 but could eventually exceed 300.
MOKPO, South Korea - It is a decision that has maritime experts stumped and is at odds with standard procedure: Why were the passengers of the doomed South Korean ferry told to stay in their rooms rather than climb on deck?
JINDO, South Korea - A transcript released Sunday of communications with the South Korean ferry that sank details crippling confusion and indecision, with a crew member questioning whether an evacuation was the right move well after the ship began listing dangerously.
SAN FRANCISCO - A San Francisco police officer was injured after his patrol car collided with a vehicle driven by armed robbery suspects at the end of a chase.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Police in Santa Fe say a 60-year-old woman riding her bicycle has died after being hit by a train.
BRENTWOOD, California - Authorities say a man participating in a fishing competition was killed after a boat he was riding in struck a bridge on a Northern California river.
NEW YORK - Animal welfare activists picketing Liam Neeson's home on Saturday said they don't agree with him that the city's carriage horses should keep working.
THORNTON, Colorado - Police have arrested a 26-year-old man in connection with a fatal hit-and-run in Thornton.
OLD BRIDGE, New Jersey - One person was killed and another was injured in a central New Jersey crash that involved five vehicles.
VENICE TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Authorities say a small plane crashed in a Michigan farm field, killing the pilot and his passenger.
NEW YORK - A veteran Fox executive who used her company email account to plan aid for loved ones of the missing Malaysian airplane's passengers has been fired.
AUSTIN, Texas - Repeated efforts to implement a statewide ban on texting while driving in Texas may continue to fail even after Gov. Rick Perry leaves office next year.
DETROIT - General Motors waited years to recall nearly 335,000 Saturn Ions for power steering failures despite getting thousands of consumer complaints and more than 30,000 warranty repair claims, according to government documents released Saturday.
SANAA, Yemen - A U.S. drone strike in southern Yemen killed at least nine suspected al-Qaida militants and three civilians Saturday, authorities said, as part of America's ongoing strikes in the country against what it considers the terror network's most dangerous local group.
HAYS, Kansas - Two people have been killed in a two-vehicle crash in western Kansas.
DENVER - Authorities are asking for the public's help in finding the driver who hit and killed a pedestrian on Interstate 25 in Denver.
SARASOTA, Florida - Police say a 62-year-old Sarasota woman was killed early Saturday when another woman drove a car into the side of her home.
ANDERSON, South Carolina - The Anderson County Sheriff's Office says one of its deputies has been involved in a wreck that killed a person in another vehicle.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Authorities are investigating after a man died while boating in Anne Arundel County.
OPELOUSAS, Louisiana - A 27-year-old Melville man has died in a St. Landry Parish highway accident.
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - Two more people have died from injuries suffered in a car crash in Virginia Beach, increasing the toll to four.
AKRON, Pennsylvania - A bicyclist is being treated for significant injuries after crashing head-on into a tractor during a race on a country road in south-central Pennsylvania.