- Weather-related crashes close westbound lanes on NY Thruway Updated: Feb-11-16 11:59 am
BRUTUS, New York - State police say weather-related accidents involving multiple vehicles have shut down a 30-mile stretch of the Thruway's westbound lanes in central New York.
- German police say death toll from train crash rises to 11 Updated: Feb-11-16 11:53 am
BERLIN - Police in southern Germany said Thursday that the death toll from a head-on train collision in Bavaria has risen to 11, after a man succumbed to his injuries two days after the crash.
- Police: Woman dies after driving car into river Updated: Feb-11-16 11:29 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - An 80-year-old woman has died after driving her car into the Elk River.
- Woman faces homicide charges in fatal Puyallup crash Updated: Feb-11-16 11:27 am
TACOMA, Washington - A Washington woman has been charged with vehicular homicide following a fatal crash in Puyallup.
- October trial for Ohio cop who shot driver in traffic stop Updated: Feb-11-16 11:13 am
CINCINNATI - An October trial date has been scheduled for a former University of Cincinnati police officer charged with murder in the fatal shooting of a motorist after a traffic stop.
- Cyclist killed in south Alabama crash Updated: Feb-11-16 10:57 am
SPANISH FORT, Alabama - State troopers say a cyclist has died in a crash in south Alabama that also left the drivers of two vehicles hospitalized.
- Driver will face no charges for crashing into gym, killing 1 Updated: Feb-11-16 10:40 am
LIVERMORE, California - An 80-year-old woman will not face criminal charges for slamming her vehicle into a health club last year and killing a lab executive.
- At least 69 injured in train derailment in Egypt Updated: Feb-11-16 10:33 am
CAIRO - At least 69 people were injured when a train derailed and two of its cars overturned as it was travelling north toward Cairo on Thursday, an Egyptian Health Ministry official said.
- Truck tolls move to Senate after passing House Updated: Feb-11-16 10:18 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Democratic leaders in the Rhode Island General Assembly plan to send a highway truck toll bill to the desk of Democratic Gov. Gina Raimondo by Thursday night if the Senate votes in its favor.
- Indianapolis officer badly hurt in patrol car crash Updated: Feb-11-16 9:33 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Authorities say an Indianapolis police officer was badly hurt when another vehicle went through a flashing red light and crashed into his patrol car.
- Woman killed in crash in Ocean County Updated: Feb-11-16 9:23 am
SHIP BOTTOM, New Jersey - Officials say a woman died after she drove through a red light and her vehicle was hit by a pickup truck in Ocean County.
- Police: Stolen vehicle crashes; 1 suspect caught, 2nd sought Updated: Feb-11-16 8:44 am
PHOENIX - Phoenix police have apprehended one person but are looking for a second suspect in a carjacking and subsequent crash.
- Wrongful death suits filed in crash that killed woman, girls Updated: Feb-11-16 8:34 am
ST. LOUIS - Wrongful death lawsuits filed this week allege that the Missouri Department of Transportation was negligent in failing to install a cable barrier along the stretch of U.S. 61 where a woman and her two daughters were killed in a cross-over accident.
- 2 killed, 1 critically injured in Brown Deer crash Updated: Feb-11-16 6:36 am
BROWN DEER, Wisconsin - Two women are dead and another has been critically injured in a car crash in a Milwaukee suburb.
- 2 killed in 2-vehicle collision on icy Rochester street Updated: Feb-11-16 6:32 am
ROCHESTER, New York - Police in Rochester say two people have died after their car slid into the path of another vehicle on a street covered in snow and ice.
- Cash-paying motorists face delays at I-78 toll bridge Updated: Feb-11-16 6:15 am
WILLIAMS, Pennsylvania - Cash-paying motorists should anticipate delays, especially during peak hours, because of an accident at the Interstate 78 toll bridge that links Pennsylvania with New Jersey.
- Chicago transit overhaul gets $156M in new federal funds Updated: Feb-11-16 4:50 am
CHICAGO - The federal government is steering $156 million in new funding to help Chicago modernize congested and aging sections of its busiest commuter rail corridor.
- 3 missing in Greek helicopter crash Updated: Feb-11-16 4:26 am
ATHENS, Greece - Authorities in Greece say three navy personnel are missing after a helicopter crash in the eastern Aegean Sea.
- School bus crash in French port city kills 6 children Updated: Feb-11-16 4:00 am
PARIS - Six French children were killed Thursday when the part of a truck swung open and raked through their school bus in a town on the country's Atlantic coast, officials said.
- Lillard scores 31 as surging Blazers beat Rockets 116-103 Updated: Feb-11-16 3:00 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Houston Rockets are "broken," according to their coach and star player. The Portland Trail Blazers are in the middle of their best run of basketball all season.
- Deputy, civilian pilot killed in Tulare County plane crash Updated: Feb-11-16 1:11 am
SPRINGVILLE, California - A sheriff's deputy and a civilian pilot helping with the arrest of a man in Central California were killed when their single-engine plane crashed near Springville in Tulare County, authorities said.
- OKC Thunder assistant coach's wife dies after car accident Updated: Feb-10-16 11:38 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The wife of Oklahoma City Thunder assistant coach Monty Williams died Wednesday evening at a hospital from injuries suffered in a car crash, police said.
- Riverton man facing vehicular homicide charge after crash Updated: Feb-10-16 11:38 pm
RIVERTON, Wyoming - A Riverton man is facing a vehicular homicide charge for a single-vehicle rollover crash that killed one of his passengers.
- School bus, car collide in Riverside County, injuring 4 Updated: Feb-10-16 10:37 pm
MENIFEE, California - Authorities say a school bus with 19 high school students aboard and a car have collided in Riverside County, sending four people to the hospital.
- MADD: Car-locking systems stopped 1.77 million drunk drivers Updated: Feb-10-16 9:08 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Car-locking systems have stopped more than 1.77 million people from driving drunk since states first passed laws requiring offenders to install them in 1999, Mothers Against Drunk Driving said in a first-of-its-kind report on the devices nationwide.