- Police: Man dies after his motorcycle collides with SUV Updated: Jul-07-15 4:46 am
AUBURN, New York - Police say a man was killed in central New York when his motorcycle collided with a sport utility vehicle.
- Officials launch transportation program aimed at car use Updated: Jul-07-15 4:43 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - New Haven officials are launching an initiative created to reduce traffic congestion by encouraging residents to rely less on commuting by car.
- Britons mark the 10th anniversary of London transit attacks Updated: Jul-07-15 4:13 am
LONDON - Britons are marking the 10th anniversary of suicide bomb attacks on London's transit system with solemn ceremonies to pay tribute to victims and to honor survivors.
- Police: Body found in Ohio River likely capsized boat victim Updated: Jul-07-15 3:10 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Authorities believe they have recovered the body of one of the three people who have been missing since a pontoon boat capsized in the Ohio River over the weekend.
- Southwest Airlines: Blown tire forces return to airport Updated: Jul-07-15 2:35 am
PHOENIX - Southwest Airlines says one of its flights returned to the Phoenix airport shortly after takeoff because of a blown tire on the aircraft.
- Crashes near Rawlins, Thermopolis kill man, woman Updated: Jul-06-15 11:26 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - The Wyoming Highway Patrol is investigating two crashes that killed a woman near Rawlins and a man near Thermopolis.
- State: Tractor front-loader caused fatal Fresno blast Updated: Jul-06-15 10:01 pm
FRESNO, California - The front loader of a tractor punctured a gas line that exploded in Central California earlier this year, killing one jail inmate, sending several people to a hospital and halting traffic in both directions on a major highway, state officials said Monday.
- Pair from Utah die in Nevada crash, 1-year-old survives Updated: Jul-06-15 9:19 pm
WELLS, Nevada - Nevada troopers say a 38-year-old man and 20-year-old woman from Logan, Utah died early Sunday morning when their Ford Explorer overturned on Interstate 80 in Wells, Nevada. A one-year-old girl in a car seat that was not belted inside the Explorer survived without any injuries.
- Las Vegas man dies in truck rollover near Lake Mead Updated: Jul-06-15 8:59 pm
LAS VEGAS - Troopers say a 29-year-old Las Vegas man died when the Nissan pickup truck he was riding in lost control and rolled over off a dirt road in Lake Mead National Recreation Area.
- Victim in fatal Salem, Ore., plane crash identified Updated: Jul-06-15 8:19 pm
SALEM, Oregon - The pilot killed in a single-fatality light plane crash at a Salem, Oregon, airport has been identified as a 60-year-old Salem businessman.
- Driver injured when dump truck falls on its side in Delaware Updated: Jul-06-15 7:01 pm
BEAR, Delaware - Delaware State Police say a dump truck driver was seriously injured when his vehicle hit a guardrail and fell onto its side.
- 7 crashes, boat fatalities reported during holiday weekend Updated: Jul-06-15 6:56 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama Law Enforcement Agency officials say seven fatalities were reported on the state's roads and waterways over the holiday weekend.
- Tentative plan to keep Amtrak running in Kansas and Missouri Updated: Jul-06-15 6:56 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Amtrak routes across Kansas and Missouri could keep running under a tentative agreement reached in a dispute over federally required safety systems, officials said Monday.
- 2 migrants die in truck crash in southern Mexico Updated: Jul-06-15 6:49 pm
MEXICO CITY - Two Central American migrants died and a dozen more were injured when a truck carrying 41 migrants overturned in southern Mexico, immigration authorities said Monday.
- Dead fish found in creek after train derailment Updated: Jul-06-15 5:59 pm
MARYVILLE, Tennessee - Environmental officials have asked Maryville, Tennessee, residents to avoid a creek where dead fish were found after a CSX train car carrying hazardous material derailed and caught fire.
- Interstate 35 in Clay County reopens after gas leak Updated: Jul-06-15 5:16 pm
PLEASANT VALLEY, Missouri - Interstate 35 in Clay County near Liberty has reopened after being closed for more than four hours Monday.
- Police ID man who died after kayak capsized in Michigan lake Updated: Jul-06-15 5:09 pm
DAYTON TOWNSHIP, Michigan - State police have identified a 26-year-old man who drowned while kayaking on a lake in western Michigan.
- Aretha Franklin sings praises of Illinois after highway help Updated: Jul-06-15 5:07 pm
CHICAGO - Aretha Franklin's spokesman said the Queen of Soul was grateful and exclaimed "Hallelujah!" after the state of Illinois helped out when her tour bus broke down on the way to Chicago and left her stranded along a highway.
- Man pleads guilty in crash that killed mom, 3 young sons Updated: Jul-06-15 4:58 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A man accused of drag racing before a crash that killed a woman and her three young sons pleaded guilty Monday to four counts of vehicular homicide.
- Man pleads 'no contest' in fatal crash Updated: Jul-06-15 4:50 pm
GILLETTE, Wyoming - A 26-year-old Colorado man has pleaded "no contest" to aggravated vehicular assault for a head-on crash south of Gillette that killed a passenger in the other car.
- Ferry crew rescues Neuse River sailors after sailboat flips Updated: Jul-06-15 4:37 pm
CHERRY BRANCH, North Carolina - The crew of a North Carolina ferry boat is being credited with saving a man whose sailboat rolled over in the Neuse River.
- Quebec marks anniversary of rail disaster that killed 47 Updated: Jul-06-15 4:08 pm
LAC-MEGANTIC, Quebec - A church bell rang 47 times in Lac-Megantic to honor the 47 victims of the runaway oil train disaster two years ago that forever changed the small Quebec town.
- Utah using playful highway signs to encourage safe driving Updated: Jul-06-15 3:31 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah highway drivers may do a double take this summer when they look up and read what's on the digital signs overhead.
- Phoenix police: Man arrested after wreck kills girlfriend Updated: Jul-06-15 3:01 pm
PHOENIX - A 25-year-old Phoenix man is accused of manslaughter and other crimes in connection with an accident in which his girlfriend was killed.
- NC Highway Patrol reports 10 killed over July 4 holiday Updated: Jul-06-15 2:08 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The N.C. Highway Patrol says at least 10 people were killed on the state's roads during the July 4 holiday weekend.