- Man hit by vehicle while lying in road, dies at hospital Updated: Feb-09-16 10:21 pm
DENVER - The Colorado State Patrol is investigating after a man was hit by a vehicle while lying in a road in Adams County.
- Agency: About 20 percent of BART trains have working cameras Updated: Feb-09-16 7:38 pm
OAKLAND, California - Officials with the Bay Area Rapid Transit say only about 20 percent of BART commuter trains have working surveillance cameras.
- Oklahoma wildfires threaten homes; smoke risky for drivers Updated: Feb-09-16 7:26 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Grass fires pushed along by 35 mph wind gusts forced an elementary school to keep some children after hours Tuesday as wildfires threatened Oklahoma ahead of its annual tornado season.
- NTSB: New rules needed for air shipments of batteries Updated: Feb-09-16 7:22 pm
WASHINGTON - The government should issue more stringent rules for how rechargeable batteries are shipped on planes to prevent uncontrollable fires, the chairman of a federal accident investigations board said Tuesday.
- New England digs out from latest storm; snow in Mid-Atlantic Updated: Feb-09-16 6:49 pm
BOSTON - A wind-driven winter storm that brought blizzard conditions to Cape Cod fell short of forecast snowfall totals and spared the Northeast the widespread power outages that had been predicted.
- Man gets prison term in fatal 2014 Phoenix freeway crash Updated: Feb-09-16 6:02 pm
PHOENIX - A Glendale man who was impaired by marijuana use and driving without a license at the time of a fatal 2014 Phoenix freeway crash has been sentenced to 10 years in prison.
- 13 injured, 4 seriously, when SUV rear-ends jail van Updated: Feb-09-16 5:12 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - A sport utility vehicle slammed into the rear of a jail van in a chain collision on a North Texas expressway, sending 13 people to hospitals, four of them with serious injuries.
- Truck toll bill heads to full House and Senate votes Updated: Feb-09-16 4:38 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A shouting match between Rhode Island lawmakers didn't stop a bill to create highway tolls on big-rig trucks from moving toward passage in the state's General Assembly.
- Cops: Driver distracted by cell phone hits teen on sidewalk Updated: Feb-09-16 4:18 pm
BRICK, New Jersey - Authorities say a driver distracted by her cell phone drove over a curb and struck a teenage girl who was walking on a sidewalk.
- Drivers warned of slick conditions in parts of Pennsylvania Updated: Feb-09-16 4:13 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Authorities are reporting no widespread problems reported on state-related highways in Pennsylvania due to the storm, although Interstate 81 southbound in Schuylkill County was closed due to a tractor-trailer crash.
- Schools, roads affected as north Alabama gets snow dusting Updated: Feb-09-16 3:40 pm
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - Schools altered schedules and roads quickly turned to slush as north Alabama received a dusting of snow from a winter weather system Tuesday.
- NY road reopened after truck-damaged rail bridge is repaired Updated: Feb-09-16 3:33 pm
BALLSTON, New York - A railroad bridge damaged by a garbage truck has been repaired, allowing a section of a busy Saratoga County road to reopen.
- Route 66 in Albuquerque is site of fight over rapid transit Updated: Feb-09-16 3:16 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A proposal to build a system of express buses and canopy-covered stations along historic Route 66 in Albuquerque is drawing opposition from shop owners.
- Alleged impaired driver accused in 6-vehicle crash in Peoria Updated: Feb-09-16 3:03 pm
PEORIA, Arizona - Authorities have arrested a Glendale man accused of driving impaired and causing a six-vehicle crash in Peoria that injured seven people.
- The Latest: Colorado troopers chased Amber Alert suspect Updated: Feb-09-16 1:54 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The Latest on a reported abduction of a 2-year-old New Mexico girl (all times local):
- Sheriff: Deputies fatally shoot man near Mardi Gras parades Updated: Feb-09-16 1:46 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Officials say deputies fatally shot a man after an altercation and a car chase that ended near Mardi Gras celebrations in New Orleans.
- North Carolina teacher hit by private bus at school, killed Updated: Feb-09-16 1:30 pm
GOLDSBORO, North Carolina - Police say a second-grade teacher in North Carolina has died after he was struck in his school's parking lot by a bus from a day care center.
- Train crash in Germany kills at least 10, injures 80 Updated: Feb-09-16 1:25 pm
BAD AIBLING, Germany - Two commuter trains crashed head-on Tuesday in southern Germany, killing 10 people and injuring 80 as they slammed into each other on a curve after an automatic safety braking system apparently failed, the transport minister said.
- 6 hurt when 25 vehicles crash in Milwaukee suburb Updated: Feb-09-16 1:21 pm
MENOMONEE FALLS, Wisconsin - Six people were injured when 25 vehicles crashed in nine separate accidents on a Milwaukee area highway.
- I-405 tolls collect $3.7 million in 3 months Updated: Feb-09-16 1:18 pm
SEATTLE - In the three months the Interstate 405 express toll lanes have been open the state has collected more than triple the money expected.
- Obama budget includes money for Albuquerque transit project Updated: Feb-09-16 1:12 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - President Barack Obama's proposed federal budget includes support for funding for a major mass transit project in Albuquerque.
- Former US congressman involved in fatal Medford crash Updated: Feb-09-16 1:10 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - Oregon police say a former U.S. congressman was involved in a Medford car crash that killed a pedestrian.
- American, United reports show steady traffic, lower fares Updated: Feb-09-16 1:00 pm
Reports from American Airlines and United Airlines show that air travel demand is growing modestly and there aren't many empty seats, but average fares continue to decline.
- Freight trains collide, derail near central Ohio plant Updated: Feb-09-16 12:59 pm
MARYSVILLE, Ohio - Police say two people suffered minor injuries when two freight trains carrying cargo boxes collided and about 10 train cars overturned in central Ohio.
- Council votes to approve $49M bus rapid transit project Updated: Feb-09-16 12:50 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Richmond City Council has voted to approve a $49 million bus rapid transit project that has been in the works for at least seven years.