- Fired employee kills co-worker, self at Houston-area company Updated: May-04-16 5:03 pm
KATY, Texas - A man dismissed last month from a Houston-area transportation company stormed into the facility and opened fire on Wednesday, fatally shooting a former co-worker and injuring two others before turning the gun on himself, saying his life had been ruined, sheriff's officials said.
- The Latest: Company says gunman acted alone Updated: May-04-16 5:02 pm
KATY, Texas - The Latest on a fatal shooting at a Texas transportation company (all times local):
- NTSB says no evidence of explosion in fatal NY plane crash Updated: May-04-16 4:58 pm
SYOSSET, New York - An investigator says the debris field of wreckage from a small plane that broke apart over Long Island is consistent with "pieces coming off while it was in flight" and not evidence of an explosion.
- Small plane crashes near Moses Lake; no injuries Updated: May-04-16 4:51 pm
MOSES LAKE, Washington - A small private airplane crash-landed in a waste pond near Moses Lake on Tuesday night. The pilot was the only one onboard and he was not hurt.
- Agency: Bald eagle caused Alaska plane crash that killed 4 Updated: May-04-16 4:36 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A small airplane hit a bald eagle before it crashed and burst into flames just north of Anchorage last month, killing all four people on board, authorities said Wednesday.
- Philadelphia police kill unarmed driver fleeing traffic stop Updated: May-04-16 4:34 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The police commissioner says he's "not making any judgments" pending an investigation into the shooting death of an unarmed driver by an officer during a traffic stop, one of two police shootings the same night.
- Boston traffic reporter comes out as a woman Updated: May-04-16 3:38 pm
BOSTON - The familiar voice coming over the radios of tens of thousands of Boston area drivers on the way to work Wednesday was the same. But the name had changed.
- Ex-officer involved in fatal crash gets 1 year in prison Updated: May-04-16 3:12 pm
MILFORD, Connecticut - A former police officer involved in a high-speed cruiser crash that killed two 19-year-olds in 2009 has been sentenced to one year in prison.
- Council Bluffs pedestrian dies after being struck by car Updated: May-04-16 3:06 pm
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa - A 65-year-old pedestrian has died after being struck by a car in Council Bluffs.
- Atlanta airport to close 1 of 3 security areas for 3 weeks Updated: May-04-16 2:49 pm
ATLANTA - The world's busiest airport in Atlanta plans to close one of its three checkpoints in the domestic terminal for three weeks.
- 4 hurt when SUV hits Tysons Corner restaurant Updated: May-04-16 2:11 pm
TYSONS CORNER, Virginia - Four people have been taken to the hospital after a sport-utility vehicle crashed in front of a Tysons Corner restaurant and caught fire.
- FAA: Pilot killed in crash of helicopter Updated: May-04-16 1:27 pm
TOWN OF MAPLE GROVE, Wisconsin - Federal aviation officials say a pilot has died in the crash of a helicopter in Manitowoc County.
- Police investigate fatal crash in Lebanon, Maine Updated: May-04-16 1:09 pm
LEBANON, Maine - Police are investigating the death of a Waterboro woman who was killed when her van collided with a tree in Lebanon.
- 2017 Audi A4 brings more power, room and technology Updated: May-04-16 1:05 pm
The Audi A4 luxury sedan has been revamped from top to bottom for 2017 with a more powerful engine, new transmission and more room and technology inside.
- Army says troops lost their way, went off cliff Updated: May-04-16 1:04 pm
DENVER - An Army vehicle took the wrong road in the dark and was making a U-turn when it tumbled 250 feet off a cliff at a Colorado training range last year, killing one soldier and injuring five, according to a newly released investigative report.
- Chevrolet, the 'Heartbeat of America,' not coming to Iran Updated: May-04-16 12:24 pm
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Chevrolet, the U.S. car brand once advertised as the "Heartbeat of America," won't be rolling new models through the streets of Iran anytime soon despite the recent lifting of sanctions under a nuclear deal with world powers.
- Middle school student killed in bicycle accident Updated: May-04-16 12:05 pm
CARRIERE, Mississippi - A 13-year-old student at Pearl River Central Middle School died after his bike was struck by a vehicle.
- European aviation agency sets up drone collision task force Updated: May-04-16 11:55 am
BERLIN - The European Aviation Safety Agency is setting up a task force to examine the risk of collisions between drones and aircraft.
- Severe turbulence injures 32 on Etihad flight to Indonesia Updated: May-04-16 11:51 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Thirty-one passengers and a crew member aboard an Etihad Airways flight were injured Wednesday when their plane ran into sudden turbulence as it prepared to land in the Indonesian capital, Jakarta.
- Coroner IDs 2 teens killed in high-speed Pennsylvania crash Updated: May-04-16 11:18 am
UNIONTOWN, Pennsylvania - A coroner has identified two 17-year-olds who were killed in a high-speed car crash in Pennsylvania.
- Man struck, killed by car while walking on upstate NY road Updated: May-04-16 10:38 am
AMENIA, New York - Police are investigating an accident that left a 52-year-old man dead after he was struck by a car while walking on an upstate New York road.
- SUV slams into suburban New York CVS, injuring 5 Updated: May-04-16 9:37 am
YORKTOWN HEIGHTS, New York - Authorities say five people have been hurt after an SUV slammed into a store in suburban New York.
- Not guilty plea in fatal drunken driving crash Updated: May-04-16 9:20 am
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - A man accused of driving drunk and killing a couple in a Green Bay traffic crash has pleaded not guilty in Brown County Circuit Court.
- Freight moving again through DC derailment site Updated: May-04-16 9:20 am
WASHINGTON - A CSX spokesman says freight has begun moving again through the site of a weekend train derailment in Washington.
- Airbus advises rotor checks of Norway helicopter crash model Updated: May-04-16 9:20 am
HELSINKI - Airbus Helicopters, the manufacturer of the EC-225LP helicopter that crashed in western Norway last week, killing all 13 people on board, has sent an advisory to all customers using the same Airbus model to inspect the suspension bars and fittings of the main rotor, which came loose from the aircraft just before it crashed on a tiny island, the company.