- NC dairy farm, owner, plead guilty to violations Updated: Dec-13-13 5:07 pm
- DNR: Waukesha failed to justify water volume boost Updated: Dec-13-13 4:52 pm
- Antoine, Pikus-Pace win World Cup skeleton races Updated: Dec-13-13 4:48 pm
- Andrettis to organize Miami Formula E race Updated: Dec-13-13 4:39 pm
- Jaguars release veteran DE Jeremy Mincey Updated: Dec-13-13 4:18 pm
- Gas co. to leave water tanks with Pa. family Updated: Dec-13-13 4:11 pm
- US sets position for Columbia River bargaining Updated: Dec-13-13 4:11 pm
- Future vets help vaccinate state park's bison herd Updated: Dec-13-13 3:31 pm
- 18 Ohio wildlife officers cited for hunting issues Updated: Dec-13-13 3:17 pm
- New Clean Energy Institute at UW Updated: Dec-13-13 3:13 pm
- Folks can now adopt cannons where Civil War began Updated: Dec-13-13 2:58 pm
- Bartlesville employees plead guilty to misdemeanor Updated: Dec-13-13 2:19 pm
- NJ backs Pinelands pipe plan for air benefits Updated: Dec-13-13 1:22 pm
- Teddy Roosevelt park thins 46 more elk from herd Updated: Dec-13-13 12:54 pm
- Holcomb, Langton roll to World Cup 2-man win Updated: Dec-13-13 12:42 pm
- Judge: Anadarko may be liable in Kerr-McGee case Updated: Dec-13-13 12:35 pm
- Tons of fossilized oyster shells headed to Md. Updated: Dec-13-13 12:31 pm
- Ohio court sets Feb. 26 arguments in drilling case Updated: Dec-13-13 12:22 pm
- Ohio county apologizes for offensive drill Updated: Dec-13-13 11:53 am
- Walker: Wis. forest being underused for logging Updated: Dec-13-13 11:16 am
- Officials plan work to stem PCB contamination Updated: Dec-13-13 10:05 am
- Rabies confirmed in fox in Montague Updated: Dec-13-13 8:46 am
- Johnson County residents demand vote on 'fracking' Updated: Dec-13-13 8:35 am
- State investigating elk poaching in northern Ariz. Updated: Dec-13-13 7:59 am
- Coal plant owner says ash ponds operating safely Updated: Dec-13-13 7:55 am
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - A western North Carolina dairy farm described as one of the largest in the state and one of its owners has pleaded guilty in federal court to violating the Clean Water Act after animal waste was discharged into the French Broad River.
WAUKESHA, Wisconsin - Wisconsin environmental officials say Waukesha has failed to justify the volume of Lake Michigan water it says city customers will need over the next four decades as part of a Great Lakes diversion request.
LAKE PLACID, New York - Matt Antoine got his first victory and Noelle Pikus-Pace continued her winning ways Friday, as the United States swept the men's and women's World Cup skeleton races at Mount Van Hoevenberg.
MIAMI - The Andretti family will organize a race featuring electric cars on the streets of Miami in March 2015.
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - The Jacksonville Jaguars released veteran defensive end Jeremy Mincey on Friday after he was late for another meeting.
PHILADELPHIA - A natural gas driller will give tanks that have been supplying water to families who claim the company polluted their wells, backing off plans to remove the storage containers.
PORTLAND, Oregon - The United States has staked out its position for potential negotiations with Canada over a treaty governing hydropower and flood control on the Columbia River and seeks to keep more of the energy produced at dams.
HANNA CITY, Illinois - Anna Lynn spread her arms wide like a wall and stepped toward a couple of powerful bison twice her size Thursday morning, herding them into light holding areas after they were vaccinated at Wildlife Prairie State Park.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Eighteen more state wildlife officers are being referred for possible criminal prosecution after a follow-up investigation into illegal hunting while on duty uncovered additional cases, the state watchdog said.
SEATTLE - Plastic solar cells as easy to manufacture as Saran wrap.
SULLIVANS ISLAND, South Carolina - A nonprofit group is urging people to lend a hand to help conserve pieces of history - the guns at the South Carolina forts where the Civil War began.
BARTLESVILLE, Oklahoma - Eight city of Bartlesville water department employees have pleaded guilty to embezzlement charges.
PEMBERTON TOWNSHIP, New Jersey - New Jersey environmental officials spoke out Friday in favor of a proposed pipeline plan through the Pinelands, saying it would drastically reduce air pollution in the region by enabling an old coal-burning power plant to use cleaner natural gas.
MEDORA, North Dakota - The National Park Service has thinned another 46 animals from the elk herd in Theodore Roosevelt National Park.
LAKE PLACID, New York - The scene has played out the same way in five races this season. Steven Holcomb emerges from his sled, removes his helmet and laments whatever mistakes he's made.
A U.S. bankruptcy court judge said Anadarko Petroleum may be liable for between $5 billion and more than $14 billion in a legal battle over the 2005 spinoff of the paint materials company Tronox.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The first of several shipments containing more than 100,000 tons of fossilized oyster shells was scheduled to be unveiled Friday as part of a public-private partnership to help rebuild habitat in oyster sanctuaries on Maryland's Eastern Shore.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio Supreme Court has scheduled arguments in a closely-watched lawsuit that challenges the state's authority to supersede local zoning laws with centralized regulation of oil and gas drilling.
ATHENS, Ohio - Officials in a southeastern Ohio county have apologized for a scenario they used for an emergency-responder drill that offended some people.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker is calling for more trees to be harvested from a national forest in far northern Wisconsin as part of the state's efforts to spur growth in its struggling timber industry.
ST. CLAIR SHORES, Michigan - Federal officials plan new work in a more than decade-long effort to investigate and stem PCB contamination in part of the Detroit suburb of St. Clair Shores, officials said.
MONTAGUE, Massachusetts - The Montague Board of Health has issued a rabies warning for one section of town.
VIENNA, Illinois - Johnson County voters will get a chance to tell county officials how they feel about high-volume oil and gas drilling.
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - The Arizona Game and Fish Department is looking for whoever was responsible for the poaching of four cow elk earlier this month.
CHICAGO - An Illinois coal plant operator says it's eager to address an environmental group's claims that the company's ash ponds pollute groundwater.