- Ukraine moves against insurgents in the east Updated: Apr-24-14 3:39 pm
- In India's vote, Hindu holy city is battleground Updated: Apr-23-14 6:53 am
- 57-nation OSCE plays key Ukraine monitoring role Updated: Apr-18-14 2:41 pm
- Cobb wants to 'retire from white nationalism' Updated: Apr-14-14 1:05 pm
- Germany, France see ghosts of WWI in Ukraine Updated: Apr-14-14 8:08 am
- Donetsk Republic: Ukraine's one-building autonomy Updated: Apr-11-14 1:32 pm
- Indian PM aspirant's marital status spurs question Updated: Apr-11-14 10:28 am
- Century of clashes, compromise between UK, Ireland Updated: Apr-08-14 4:10 pm
- McDonald's exits Crimea Updated: Apr-04-14 3:47 pm
- Far-right sets sights on European Parliament Updated: Apr-02-14 5:11 pm
SLOVYANSK, Ukraine - Russia began new military exercises near its border with Ukraine, the defense minister announced Thursday, after Ukrainian forces launched an operation to drive pro-Russia insurgents out of occupied buildings in the country's tumultuous east.
VARANASI, India - For tens of millions of Hindus, Varanasi is a place of pilgrimage. Crowded with ancient temples and shrines, its streets jammed with believers and tourists, this city on the banks of the holy Ganges River is where the devout believe they attain instant salvation.
VIENNA - A 57-nation organization with a history of mediation but no enforcing powers has been tasked with helping to translate diplomatic progress on easing Ukrainian tensions into reality on the ground.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A white supremacist who unsuccessfully tried to take over the small North Dakota town of Leith says he wants to leave the state if he's released from jail and "retire from white nationalism."
BERLIN - Senior French and German officials have warned that the surge in nationalism fueling the crisis in Ukraine echoes the ideas that gripped Europe a century ago and led to World War I.
DONETSK, Ukraine - To reach the People's Republic of Donetsk, you need to pass a few club-wielding young men in masks, wind through a narrow corridor of sand-filled sacks and enter a gray office tower standing in the heart of this eastern Ukrainian city.
NEW DELHI - India's governing Congress party on Friday asked election authorities to prosecute the Hindu nationalist opposition's prime ministerial candidate for filing "false affidavits" by not mentioning his marriage when he registered for past elections.
DUBLIN - Relations between Britain and Ireland have experienced a century of rebellion, terror and treaties, culminating in this week's first-ever state visit by Ireland's president. A look at key flashpoints:
NEW YORK - McDonald's has closed its three restaurants in Crimea as it evaluates the "evolving situation" on the Black Sea peninsula.
PARIS - France's far-right National Front, coming off a historic electoral victory at home, is marching toward a new target: the European Parliament.