- Bangladesh halts execution of opposition leader Updated: Dec-10-13 12:51 pm
- Indian heartland votes give BJP boon over Congress Updated: Dec-08-13 10:16 pm
- Croat nationalists seek to curb Serb rights Updated: Dec-06-13 11:43 am
- Main players in Ukraine's political drama Updated: Dec-02-13 12:45 pm
- 7 die in political violence as Bangladesh vote set Updated: Nov-26-13 10:37 am
- Pakistanis stage long march to protest missing Updated: Nov-21-13 2:07 am
- Malta postpones citizenship sale after opposition Updated: Nov-20-13 4:28 pm
- Polish marchers try to breach Russian Embassy Updated: Nov-11-13 2:22 pm
- Bulgaria starts probe into refugee applications Updated: Nov-11-13 11:49 am
DHAKA, Bangladesh - A senior judge on the Bangladesh Supreme Court halted the scheduled execution of an opposition leader until at least Wednesday as his attorneys sought a new review of the case, a defense lawyer said.
NEW DELHI - India's main Hindu nationalist party trounced the nationally ruling Congress in four heartland states and knocked them out of the Indian capital in a ballot contest closely watched for clues to next year's general election.
ZAGREB, Croatia - Nationalists in Croatia said Friday they are seeking to curb the rights of minorities to have their language used in official documents and signs in the towns where they live.
KIEV, Ukraine - The Ukrainian government's abrupt decision to freeze ties with the West and violently disperse a peaceful rally has fueled public anger and drawn hundreds of thousands to the streets of the Ukrainian capital. Here is a look at the main characters in Ukraine's political drama:
DHAKA, Bangladesh - Bangladesh's opposition blocked roads, railways and waterways on Tuesday to protest government plans to hold a general election on Jan. 5, the latest turn in a violent political crisis that has paralyzed the country.
GADANI, Pakistan - Fifteen year-old Sammi Baluch has been walking for nearly a month through southern Pakistan's parched, mountainous landscape in the hope of finding her father, who disappeared four years ago after being taken by security forces.
VALLETTA, Malta - Malta has indefinitely postponed implementing a law to sell its citizenship - and entrance into the European Union - for 650,000 euros ($850,000) following massive outcry on the Mediterranean island.
WARSAW, Poland - Young Poles torched cars, threw stones at police and tried to climb the fence at the Russian Embassy after setting a guard's booth ablaze during a march Monday by nationalists marking Poland's Independence Day.
SOFIA, Bulgaria - Bulgarian prosecutors launched a probe Monday into the government's handling of refugee applications, trying to weed out possible illegal immigrants.