- American Taekwondo championship returning to Arkansas Updated: Jul-05-15 4:21 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The American Taekwondo Association World Championship is returning to Arkansas.
- Las Vegas union hits back at UFC over planned fountain Updated: Jul-04-15 6:38 pm
LAS VEGAS - A union that represents thousands of Las Vegas casino employees is wrestling with the Ultimate Fighting Championship over a proposed water fountain, arguing such a feature is irresponsible in the wake of a drought.
- Man acquitted of murder in invasion of MMA fighter's home Updated: Jul-02-15 11:32 am
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - A man charged with participating in a fatal home invasion of a professional mixed martial artist will be sentenced this month, but not for murder.
- Austin-based bar accused of discrimination to make changes Updated: Jul-01-15 8:08 am
DALLAS - An Austin-based bar has agreed to make changes to its business practices to end a federal investigation into alleged discrimination.
- Aldo pulls out of UFC 189 with rib injury Updated: Jun-30-15 8:38 pm
LAS VEGAS - UFC lightweight champion Jose Aldo has pulled out of his title defense against Conor McGregor at UFC 189 on July 11 with a rib injury.
- Hit-and-run case against UFC ex-champ Jon Jones stalls Updated: Jun-30-15 3:21 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - An Albuquerque hit-and-run case against former UFC champion fighter Jon "Bones" Jones has stalled due to a delay in obtaining records, prosecutors said.
- UFC says champ Aldo plans to fight McGregor despite injury Updated: Jun-24-15 10:24 pm
LAS VEGAS - Featherweight champion Jose Aldo plans to fight Conor McGregor at UFC 189 on July 11 despite getting hurt in training.
- MMA fighter home invasion case sees plea deal Updated: Jun-24-15 6:41 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - A Las Cruces man charged with attempted first-degree murder in a home invasion involving a professional mixed martial artist has entered a plea deal.
- State: Firefighter fraudulently collected disability pension Updated: Jun-22-15 3:46 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A former Camden firefighter accused of collecting a state disability pension while working as a martial arts instructor and participating in competitive mixed martial arts has been indicted on a theft by deception charge.
- Baseball-softball among 8 sports proposed for 2020 Games Updated: Jun-22-15 6:23 am
TOKYO - Baseball and softball remain on course to get back into the Olympics. Squash, karate, surfing and four other sports are in contention to get into the games for the first time.
- NY mixed martial arts supporters make final push to legalize Updated: Jun-14-15 11:28 am
ALBANY, New York - Supporters of legalizing professional mixed-martial arts bouts in New York state hope to make a final, successful push before state lawmakers adjourn their 2015 session.
- Werdum defeats Velasquez to become heavyweight champion Updated: Jun-14-15 3:35 am
MEXICO CITY - Fabricio Werdum of Brazil defeated a rusty Cain Velasquez by tap-out in the third round to become the undisputed heavyweight champion at UFC 188 on Saturday night.
- Correction: European Games-Opening Ceremony story Updated: Jun-13-15 12:02 pm
BAKU, Azerbaijan - In a story June 12 about the opening ceremony of the European Games, The Associated Press erroneously reported that Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev entered the stadium carrying a torch. The torchbearer was Ilham Zakiyev, a two-time Paralympic gold medal-winning judo athlete.
- Havoc MMA debuts in Kodiak Updated: Jun-07-15 3:20 pm
KODIAK, Alaska - Jeff Miranda trained four months for his debut in mixed martial arts fighting.