- Lawyer says Iranian cartoonist freed after prison sentence Updated: May-03-16 9:35 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - An Iranian cartoonist imprisoned over portraying lawmakers as animals to criticize a draft law restricting contraception and criminalizing voluntary sterilization has been released from prison.
- Spain: 4 arrested at bull festival for assault on activists Updated: May-02-16 12:02 pm
MADRID - Police arrested four people at a bull run festival in northeastern Spain for allegedly attacking two animal rights activists who tried to video the event, an official said Monday.
- Jazz fest's last day finishes soggy, but strong Updated: May-01-16 9:40 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Wind, rain and a lightning strike beside the stage where Bonnie Raitt was singing didn't stop the soggy last day of the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival from rollicking to a close.
- The Latest: All sing with Guthrie: 'Alice's Restaurant' Updated: May-01-16 9:21 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The Latest on the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival (all times local):
- Big Freedia twerking her way to stardom Updated: Apr-30-16 7:40 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Talk about your ups and downs.
- The Latest: Weather cancels Saturday's final Jazz Fest Updated: Apr-30-16 5:55 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The Latest on activities at the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival (all times local):
- Trouble-causing teenagers impacting festivals, other events Updated: Apr-30-16 11:52 am
ST. CLAIR SHORES, Michigan - Rowdy teens are impacting warm weather events in at least two suburban Detroit communities.
- City prepares for Blessing of the Fleet festival, ceremony Updated: Apr-30-16 10:09 am
BRUNSWICK, Georgia - Brunswick is abuzz with excitement as city crews spruce up the area in preparation for the arrival of the USNS Brunswick, a new U.S. Navy vessel named after the port city.
- Thousands expected at pro-marijuana event in Northampton Updated: Apr-30-16 9:25 am
NORTHAMPTON, Massachusetts - Police and organizers say as many as 10,000 people are expected to attend an annual pro-marijuana event in western Massachusetts.
- Wildlife to be celebrated at annual festival in Rockingham Updated: Apr-30-16 8:34 am
ROCKINGHAM, Vermont - Wildlife will be celebrated at the seventeenth annual Herrick's Cove Wildlife Festival this weekend in the southern Vermont town of Rockingham.
- Paul Simon, My Morning Jacket close out Friday's Jazz Fest Updated: Apr-29-16 11:37 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival is entering its second weekend. The seven-day festival, taking place over two weekends, draws thousands of people to the city in a celebration of Louisiana music, food and culture. A look at the festival's fifth day:
- Singer Jamey Johnson to perform at Du Quoin State Fair Updated: Apr-29-16 10:48 pm
DU QUOIN, Illinois - Country music artist Jamey Johnson will perform at the Du Quoin State Fair this summer.
- Burning Man organizers consider airport shuttle service Updated: Apr-29-16 9:11 am
RENO, Nevada - Organizers of Burning Man are looking to offer flights directly to the festival.
- Indiana State Fair discontinues concert schedule at coliseum Updated: Apr-28-16 11:44 am
INDIANAPOLIS - This year's state fair will no longer host live music at the Indiana Farmers Coliseum.
- Corea, Alexander to headline Montreal Jazz Festival Updated: Apr-28-16 11:24 am
NEW YORK - A preteen prodigy and a master celebrating his 75th birthday will be among the headliners at the world's largest jazz festival.
- Essence Festival Durban to be held in November Updated: Apr-28-16 10:03 am
NEW ORLEANS - The inaugural Essence Festival in Durban, South Africa, will be held during that country's summer season in November.
- Dutch mark chilly King's Day with music, free markets Updated: Apr-27-16 8:49 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - The Dutch marked their king's birthday Wednesday with an official celebration in the northeastern city of Zwolle and festivals and unofficial garage sales around the nation.
- MLB umpire Gary Cederstrom to lead North Dakota State Parade Updated: Apr-25-16 7:06 pm
MINOT, North Dakota - Major League Baseball umpire Gary Cederstrom has been named grand marshal for this year's North Dakota State Parade.
- Ranchers, conservationists work together in eastern Colorado Updated: Apr-25-16 3:44 pm
KARVAL, Colorado - Karval, a town too small for a gas station, is preparing for its annual Mountain Plover Festival this week. That has ranchers and conservationists reflecting on a partnership that saved a buff-colored bird nearly designated endangered, and that spurred tourism on the Colorado plains.
- Kingman to pay for Route 66 promotional trip to Germany Updated: Apr-25-16 11:43 am
KINGMAN, Arizona - The city of Kingman will fund one resident's trip to Germany so he can promote international Route 66 tourism.
- Mannington artist brings sights, sounds and smells to life Updated: Apr-24-16 11:25 am
MANNINGTON, West Virginia - Some artists create their work by looking directly at another item.
- Toast Nebraska wine festival set May 6-7 at Mahoney Park Updated: Apr-23-16 5:55 pm
ASHLAND, Nebraska - Organizers say more than 20 state wineries will offer samplings at the third annual Toast Nebraska wine festival.
- 3 northwest Ohio farms to showcase conservation practices Updated: Apr-23-16 11:20 am
FINDLAY, Ohio - Three farms in northwestern Ohio are being turned into demonstration sites to show farmers how to reduce fertilizer runoff that feeds the harmful algae in Lake Erie.
- DuQuoin State Fair logo unveiled, has agricultural theme Updated: Apr-22-16 10:48 pm
DUQUOIN, Illinois - The logo for the 2016 DuQuoin State Fair gives a nod to the importance of agriculture in the Illinois economy.
- New festival celebrates Irish culture in NYC Updated: Apr-21-16 11:38 am
NEW YORK - A New York City festival is celebrating Ireland's rich heritage through music, dance, theater and poetry.