- Jackson police will help provide Miss. State Fair security Updated: Oct-06-15 6:56 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Jackson will help provide police protection for the Mississippi State Fair, under an agreement that resolves a dispute between the city and the state.
- Maine CDC probing 2 E. coli cases for Oxford fair links Updated: Oct-06-15 6:23 pm
OXFORD, Maine - Two Maine children have been hospitalized with symptoms associated with E. coli, and state health officials said Tuesday they are investigating whether their illness can be traced to the Oxford County fair.
- Safety inspectors examine Mississippi State Fair rides Updated: Oct-06-15 6:22 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Inspectors are examining all the moving parts of midway rides to make sure they will be in good working shape when the Mississippi State Fair opens its 12-day run on Wednesday.
- Ascension Parish Hot Air Balloon Festival turns profit Updated: Oct-06-15 11:35 am
GONZALES, Louisiana - Officials say the two-day Ascension Hot Air Balloon Festival last month at Lamar-Dixon Expo Center turned a $105,000 profit after drawing record crowds of 54,000.
- Flint River Fest postponed amid drinking water problems Updated: Oct-06-15 9:08 am
FLINT, Michigan - Organizers of the upcoming Flint River Fest are postponing the event amid problems with drinking water in the city.
- Earthquakes, elections and more dissected at New Yorker fest Updated: Oct-05-15 1:23 pm
NEW YORK - One New Yorker writer summed it up best: The New Yorker festival, said Kathryn Schulz, is the "nerd holiday of New York City."
- Paris parties all night with silent disco, art shows Updated: Oct-05-15 8:22 am
PARIS - Thousands of Parisians danced in eerie silence at the Gare du Nord train station and galleries left their doors open all night for the French capital's annual "Sleepless Night" festival.
- Festival celebrating vegan eating going on in DC Updated: Oct-03-15 10:15 am
WASHINGTON - A free festival celebrating vegan eating is going on in Washington.
- Newport Jazz Festival founder George Wein turns 90 Updated: Oct-03-15 8:31 am
NEW YORK - Newport Jazz Festival Founder George Wein was singing the blues just hours before turning 90 on Saturday.
- Playwrights' Center hosts new plays festival in Minneapolis Updated: Oct-03-15 5:06 am
MINNEAPOLIS - The Playwrights' Center in Minneapolis will feature new plays at the 32nd annual PlayLabs festival this month.
- Poet Simon Ortiz headlines Southwest writer festival Updated: Oct-02-15 5:01 am
SILVER CITY, New Mexico - Native American poet Simon Ortiz and Dallas Morning News Mexico City bureau chief Alfredo Corchado are set to headline a gathering of Southwest writers in New Mexico.
- Va. grower bests his own record with ½-ton-plus gourd Updated: Oct-02-15 3:01 am
DOSWELL, Virginia - Extreme weather forced the early closure of the State Fair of Virginia, but not before the biggest pumpkin was crowned.
- New Mexico State Fair attendance up from previous year Updated: Sep-30-15 7:57 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Preliminary figures show attendance at the most recent New Mexico State Fair topping last year's number.
- Harvest festivals planned at many of Michigan's state parks Updated: Sep-30-15 4:01 am
LANSING, Michigan - Many of Michigan's state parks are planning harvest festivals in October to wind up the summer camping season.
- Catherine Coulson, who played Log Lady in 'Twin Peaks,' dies Updated: Sep-29-15 5:49 pm
ASHLAND, Oregon - Catherine E. Coulson, an actress best known as the quirky Log Lady in the TV series "Twin Peaks," has died.
- Texas Crop Report Updated: Sep-29-15 5:05 pm
COLLEGE STATION, Texas - The following reports were compiled by AgriLife Extension Service for the week of Sept. 29:
- State Fair signs contract with new carnival operators Updated: Sep-29-15 2:30 pm
SALEM, Oregon - The Oregon State Fair has brought on a new Portland contractor to provide carnival operations beginning next year.
- 38th annual Norsk Hostfest getting underway in Minot Updated: Sep-29-15 2:25 am
MINOT, North Dakota - The 38th annual Norsk Hostfest (HOOST'-fest) is this week in Minot.
- Dallas officer saves life, boy, 2, stopped breathing at fair Updated: Sep-28-15 2:36 pm
DALLAS - Dallas police say a veteran officer has saved a 2-year-old boy who stopped breathing as his family arrived at the State Fair of Texas.
- 38th annual Norsk Hostfest getting underway in Minot Updated: Sep-28-15 10:33 am
MINOT, North Dakota - The 38th annual Norsk Hostfest opens its doors this week with Norwegian dignitaries, Scandinavian chefs and Viking re-enactors, but also a Celtic band that could be the hit of the festival.
- More events giving new life to Super Bowl Village site Updated: Sep-27-15 11:45 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The downtown Indianapolis street that was transformed into the Super Bowl Village for the 2012 game is starting to see greater use for festivals and other events as was touted when it underwent a $12.5 million overhaul.
- Pope Francis shares stage with Queen of Soul, Bocelli Updated: Sep-26-15 11:29 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Pope Francis and an admiring throng of thousands enjoyed a little music from the Queen of Soul, Andrew Bocelli and others at the end of his first day in Philadelphia on his first-ever U.S. tour.
- Obama, Beyonce part of Global Citizen fest all-star lineup Updated: Sep-26-15 11:15 pm
NEW YORK - First lady Michelle Obama introduced a new campaign focusing on education for girls, Nobel Peace Prize winner Malala Yousafzai earned loud applause for her striking speech and Beyonce was energetic during her live performance at the 2015 Global Citizen Festival.
- School choir pulls out of festival over 'political agenda' Updated: Sep-26-15 5:25 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A school choir has pulled out of a planned performance next month at the Western Freedom Festival in Cedar City.
- DC hosting all-night contemporary art festival Updated: Sep-26-15 10:35 am
WASHINGTON - Washington is hosting an all-night contemporary art festival.