- Death row inmate found dead in cell at San Quentin Updated: Apr-30-15 10:06 pm
SAN QUENTIN, California - A 64-year-old inmate who spent 14 years on California's death row for the murder of his estranged wife has died at San Quentin State Prison.
- Alabama death row inmate hangs himself in prison cell Updated: Apr-27-15 4:01 pm
BESSEMER, Alabama - Authorities say a man convicted of killing a Huntsville police officer has died in a Jefferson County prison.
- Studies: Merck drug Keytruda effective against 3 cancers Updated: Apr-19-15 2:58 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - One of the hot new cancer immunotherapy drugs, Merck & Co.'s Keytruda, strongly benefited patients with melanoma, lung cancer and mesothelioma, according to three studies presented Sunday at the American Association for Cancer Research conference in Philadelphia.
- Philanthropist, shopping mall developer Taubman dies at 91 Updated: Apr-18-15 3:28 pm
BLOOMFIELD HILLS, Michigan - A. Alfred Taubman, the self-made Michigan billionaire whose philanthropy and business success - including weaving the enclosed shopping mall into American culture - was clouded by a criminal conviction late in his career, has died. He was 91.
- ACLU seeks probe amid hunger strike at Ohio supermax prison Updated: Apr-13-15 4:37 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The American Civil Liberties Union is calling for an independent investigation into conditions at Ohio's super-maximum security prison amid a long-running hunger strike.
- Expert to discuss impact of investing in stem cell research Updated: Apr-12-15 5:05 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - At the next Lincoln Science Cafe, the president and CEO of the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine will discuss the impact of investing in stem cell research.