- Ohio to investigate jail where woman found dead in cell Updated: Aug-26-15 3:20 pm
CLEVELAND HEIGHTS, Ohio - The Ohio corrections department will conduct a review of the jail where a woman was found dead in a cell last month to help officials determine what happened.
- Road to Sandra Bland's alma mater named for her Updated: Aug-25-15 9:37 pm
PRAIRIE VIEW, Texas - A small Texas university town where a black Chicago-area woman was arrested during a traffic stop, launching a chain of events that ended in her death in a jail cell, has renamed for her the road to her alma mater.
- Kansas City Zoo's geriatric care includes arthritis therapy Updated: Aug-23-15 11:14 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Treating elephant arthritis is among the challenges the Kansas City Zoo is facing as its animals live longer.
- Nebraska authorities investigate jail inmate's death Updated: Aug-19-15 6:10 pm
HARTINGTON, Nebraska - Authorities are investigating the death of a man found unresponsive in a jail cell in northeast Nebraska.
- Stem-cell agency priced out of San Francisco Updated: Aug-18-15 11:44 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Sky high rents is forcing California's stem cell funding agency out of San Francisco after a decade in the city.
- Vanderbilt received $10M in grants for fetal tissue research Updated: Aug-14-15 2:45 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Vanderbilt University is one of nearly 100 research institutions to receive federal funding for fetal tissue research between 2011 and 2014 - a practice that has unleashed a furor on Capitol Hill after anti-abortion activists recently released undercover videos pertaining to such research.
- Global Blood Therapeutics latest biotech to double in debut Updated: Aug-12-15 7:29 pm
NEW YORK - Blood disorder drug developer Global Blood Therapeutics' shares more than doubled Wednesday as the company became the latest biotechnology company to get a powerful response from investors in its stock market debut.
- Scientists say fetal tissue essential for medical research Updated: Aug-11-15 10:45 am
BOSTON - The furor on Capitol Hill over Planned Parenthood has stoked a debate about the use of tissue from aborted fetuses in medical research, but U.S. scientists have been using such cells for decades to develop vaccines and seek treatments for a host of ailments, from vision loss to cancer and AIDS.
- Maker of hacked radio says system is unique to Fiat Chrysler Updated: Aug-04-15 6:13 pm
DETROIT - The company that makes car radios that friendly hackers exploited to take control of a Jeep Cherokee says its other infotainment systems don't have the same security flaw.
- The Latest on jail death: County promises vigorous defense Updated: Aug-04-15 2:54 pm
HOUSTON - The latest on the death of Sandra Bland, who was found dead in a Texas jail cell last month (all times local):