- NJ's Menendez to hold Sandy hearing Updated: Mar-10-14 6:05 am
- March 16-22 is Ind. weather preparedness week Updated: Mar-10-14 5:05 am
- NJ committee looks at Sandy recovery oversight Updated: Mar-10-14 4:32 am
- NC power outages at about 78,000 after storm Updated: Mar-09-14 6:17 pm
- Study to review hurricane protection ideas Updated: Mar-09-14 4:34 pm
- Bumps in rollout of cellphone alerts in Washington Updated: Mar-09-14 3:45 pm
- Library to get repairs from storms Updated: Mar-09-14 5:34 am
- Storms bring little drought relief in New Mexico Updated: Mar-08-14 5:17 pm
- Researcher seeks clue to some tornadoes' paths Updated: Mar-08-14 2:49 pm
- Waves from winter storm erodes some NC beaches Updated: Mar-08-14 12:14 pm
- Why severe weather made little mark on US hiring Updated: Mar-08-14 3:04 am
- Tax collection woes raise concern among leaders Updated: Mar-07-14 6:02 pm
- Fallen trees force NC Zoo to close for weekend Updated: Mar-07-14 1:03 pm
- US says New Jersey acted properly in Sandy cleanup Updated: Mar-07-14 9:17 am
- Hearing set on Arkansas response to winter storm Updated: Mar-06-14 1:37 pm
- NJ plans traffic changes to avoid Rt 35 gridlock Updated: Mar-06-14 11:47 am
- Kroger: Storm response helped boost sales Updated: Mar-06-14 11:31 am
- More than 700 crews clean SC highways after storm Updated: Mar-06-14 11:07 am
- NJ boosts Sandy grants to some towns, cuts others Updated: Mar-06-14 8:52 am
- Storm to bring heavy rain to Ga, snow in mountains Updated: Mar-06-14 6:31 am
- After FEMA denial, Ill. turns to state tornado aid Updated: Mar-05-14 8:43 pm
- Sweeney, advocates submit Sandy aid plans Updated: Mar-05-14 4:55 pm
- Fed survey: Winter storms holding back economy Updated: Mar-05-14 4:08 pm
- NJ closes on first 8 home buyouts in South River Updated: Mar-05-14 3:05 pm
- Haley seeks storm disaster declaration for SC Updated: Mar-05-14 3:03 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Some New Jersey residents will discuss the problems they're having with recovery efforts from Superstorm Sandy.
INDIANAPOLIS - Gov. Mike Pence has proclaimed March 16-22 as severe weather and flood safety preparedness week in Indiana.
TRENTON, New Jersey - A state Assembly committee is planning to look into New Jersey's oversight of Superstorm Sandy rebuilding and recovery programs.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - About 78,000 customers remain without power as North Carolina continues to recover from a winter storm that dumped snow, sleet and up to a half-inch of ice in some areas.
HOUSTON - A new $4 million study will look at two ideas that have been proposed as ways to protect the Houston area from hurricane storm surges that could cause billions of dollars in damage and wreak havoc on the largest petrochemical complex in the country.
TACOMA, Washington - A system set up to send emergency alerts to thousands of cellphone users warning them of natural disasters and missing children has experienced problems during its rollout in Washington state, the News Tribune reported Sunday.
MCCOMB, Mississippi - Recent winter storms damaged the Pike County Library's branch in McComb.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - A drought across New Mexico will like persist despite a spate of recent snow and rain and more to possibly come this weekend.
WICHITA, Kansas - Weather officials in Kansas will be watching major thunderstorms this year for a clue about wind speeds that may help indicate the path of potential tornadoes.
NORTH TOPSAIL BEACH, North Carolina - Officials along the North Carolina coast say the latest winter storm has created more erosion reports along the state's beaches.
WASHINGTON - Last month's harsh winter weather cut across the U.S. economy, closing factories, canceling flights and keeping shoppers home.
INDIANAPOLIS - A steady decline in tax collections is raising concerns among Indiana budget leaders about the overall fiscal health of the state.
ASHEBORO, North Carolina - Trees toppled by a winter storm and the threat of more frozen precipitation have forced the North Carolina Zoo to keep its doors closed through the weekend.
TRENTON, New Jersey - A federal audit finds New Jersey did nothing wrong when it used a no-bid contract to hire a firm to clean up debris left behind by Superstorm Sandy in 2012.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas legislators are set to discuss highway officials' response to a winter storm that left drivers stranded on icy Arkansas interstates earlier this week.
SEASIDE HEIGHTS, New Jersey - The northern Ocean County beach towns along Route 35 are no stranger to traffic jams along the narrow, heavily traveled highway. But two weeks ago, a perfect storm of unseasonably mild weather, a charity swimming event in Seaside Heights and the torturous process of fixing the damage from Superstorm Sandy created epic gridlock.
NEW YORK - Kroger said its ability to keep its supermarkets open and well-stocked as customers rushed to hoard groceries ahead of winter storms helped boost its results in the fourth quarter.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The massive job of cleaning South Carolina's roads following last month's winter storm continues with just over 700 crews working in 19 counties.
NEWARK, New Jersey - Some New Jersey towns are seeing their allocations change in a post-Superstorm Sandy energy program as they state re-evaluates the applications.
ATLANTA - Forecasters say snow is possible in parts of the north Georgia mountains, with widespread heavy rain expected across other parts of the state.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - After the denial of federal disaster assistance, Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn announced the state will be making $45 million available to help local governments recover from November's deadly tornadoes.
TRENTON, New Jersey - Senate President Stephen Sweeney has crafted his own plan for how the second round of Superstorm Sandy recovery funds is distributed.
WASHINGTON - A Federal Reserve survey shows severe weather held back economic growth in much of the nation from January through early February. Even so, conditions strengthened in most U.S. regions, thanks to slight gains in areas such as employment and commercial real estate.
SOUTH RIVER, New Jersey - New Jersey officials have completed buyouts of eight homes damaged by Superstorm Sandy in South River as its program to buy and demolish storm-prone properties continues.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Gov. Nikki Haley has asked President Barack Obama to declare almost half of South Carolina a federal disaster after last month's winter storm that caused at least $430 million in damage and left hundreds of thousands in the dark.