- Ski runs open at Angel Fire, Sandia Updated: Dec-13-13 3:38 pm
- Snow moves Saturday PIAA football games to Sunday Updated: Dec-13-13 3:36 pm
- Plows gearing up for NH snow storm Saturday night Updated: Dec-13-13 2:35 pm
- North Texas ice storm insured damage reaches $30M Updated: Dec-13-13 2:26 pm
- Snow storm inches toward Illinois Updated: Dec-13-13 2:19 pm
- Truck driver ticketed after 40-vehicle pileup Updated: Dec-13-13 1:44 pm
- Parts of Ind. bracing for heavy snowfall Updated: Dec-13-13 1:34 pm
- Northeast braces for weekend snow, sleet storm Updated: Dec-13-13 1:34 pm
- Vermont Press Association 2012-2013 award winners Updated: Dec-13-13 1:17 pm
- Governor declares disaster in 22 Arkansas counties Updated: Dec-13-13 1:14 pm
- NY utility: Take safety precautions during storm Updated: Dec-13-13 1:10 pm
- Rare storm leaves Jerusalem snowed in Updated: Dec-13-13 12:28 pm
- Beebe declares 22 counties disaster areas Updated: Dec-13-13 12:16 pm
- ND rancher relief fund accepting applications Updated: Dec-13-13 11:11 am
- Blizzard runoff delays Rapid City dam project Updated: Dec-13-13 7:56 am
- Lake-effect snow warnings in effect for upstate NY Updated: Dec-13-13 6:55 am
- Authorities ID men killed in Tuesday crashes Updated: Dec-13-13 6:41 am
- Up to 6 inches of snow forecast for southern Mich. Updated: Dec-13-13 6:13 am
- NJ faces another round of snow Updated: Dec-13-13 5:55 am
- Filing deadline near for SD disaster jobless aid Updated: Dec-13-13 5:28 am
- Ill. taxpayers affected by tornadoes get extension Updated: Dec-13-13 5:06 am
- Typhoon Haiyan deaths in Philippines top 6,000 Updated: Dec-12-13 11:37 pm
- 3 arrested for looting in Washington Updated: Dec-12-13 7:10 am
- Official: Tarrant County spent $500,000 on storm Updated: Dec-12-13 7:10 am
- Review: Katrina drama is Paul Walker's finest hour Updated: Dec-11-13 7:14 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The list of New Mexico ski resorts open for the season is getting longer.
PHILADELPHIA - Ahead of an expected third dose of wintry weather in less than a week, two state high school football championship games are being moved from Saturday to Sunday because of snow predicted to move through Pennsylvania and into the Northeast.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - State transportation plow crews are gearing up for up to a foot of snow expected to fall in New Hampshire starting Saturday night and lasting into Sunday.
DALLAS - Damage from this month's North Texas ice storm has reached at least $30 million in residential insured losses, according to an industry group.
CHICAGO - The Chicago area is bracing for two to four inches of snow while some other Illinois cities may see as much as six inches.
FRUITLAND TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A truck driver hauling cattle has been ticketed for driving too fast for conditions following an investigation into a 40-vehicle accident that closed a West Michigan freeway during snowy weather.
INDIANAPOLIS - Parts of Indiana are bracing for up to eight inches of snow by Saturday night from a winter storm that's approaching the state.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A snow and ice storm headed for the Northeast was expected to slow weekend travel by air, rail and highway and had utilities and airports on alert.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The Burlington Free Press was named the top daily newspaper in Vermont, while weeklies, the Herald of Randolph and Seven Days in Burlington, captured leading honors for non-daily publications in the annual Vermont Press Association writing and photography awards announced at the Vermont Press Association Annual Meeting and Awards Luncheon.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas Gov. Mike Beebe has declared a disaster in 22 counties after last week's wintry weather.
NEW YORK - Con Edison says its crews are preparing for potential weather-related outages over the weekend.
JERUSALEM - A powerful winter storm left Jerusalem covered in snow on Friday, forcing police to block access to and from the city as a cold snap drove some Israelis to seek treatment from emergency medics.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Gov. Mike Beebe says 22 counties across central, northern and western Arkansas were hard-hit by last week's winter storms.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The North Dakota Stockmen's Association has begun accepting applications from ranchers seeking relief aid to help offset losses incurred during an early October blizzard.
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Rapid City is postponing for a year a $3.7 million project to rebuild the Canyon Lake dam because of excessive runoff from an early October blizzard and other storms.
BUFFALO, New York - Upstate New is bracing for more snow.
ACME TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Authorities have released the names of two men who died Tuesday in separate Michigan crashes where ice and snow were considered factors.
DETROIT - Forecasters say 3 to 6 inches of snow is expected by the end of Saturday across much of Michigan's southern Lower Peninsula.
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey is facing another round of snow that could slow holiday shoppers over the weekend.
PIERRE, South Dakota - People who lost jobs or became unable to do business because of the early October blizzard that hit western South Dakota have until next Wednesday to file for disaster unemployment insurance.
CHICAGO - Illinois taxpayers affected by last month's deadly tornadoes are getting more time to file their returns.
MANILA, Philippines - The death toll from Typhoon Haiyan that struck the central Philippines on Nov. 8 has passed 6,000 with nearly 1,800 people missing, officials said Friday.
WASHINGTON, Illinois - Three Peoria men are in custody after investigators say they were looting a tornado-damaged home in the central Illinois community of Washington.
FORT WORTH, Texas - The winter storm that left a swath of Texas coated in ice last week is expected to cost Tarrant County $500,000.
LOS ANGELES - An ingeniously simple setup is cunningly exploited for maximum suspense in "Hours," a slow-building, consistently engrossing drama set during and immediately after the devastation wrought on New Orleans by Hurricane Katrina. Making a most impressive debut as feature helmer, scripter Eric Heisserer graduates from savvy genre fare ("Final Destination 5") to more mainstream moviemaking with this intense tale of a father's desperate efforts to keep his prematurely born daughter alive in a hospital abandoned after power is knocked out by flooding.