- Storm's high winds knocks down power poles in Wittmann area Updated: Jul-07-15 10:29 am
WITMANN, Arizona - Strong winds from a monsoon storm snapped approximately 20 power poles and knocking out power to more than 1,700 Arizona Public Service Co. customers in the Wittmann area northwest of Phoenix.
- Heavy rain hits western Kentucky, flooding roads Updated: Jul-07-15 8:42 am
PADUCAH, Kentucky - The National Weather Service has issued a flash flood warning for parts of western Kentucky after heavy rain hit the area.
- Oklahoma officials plan blast to help interstate travel Updated: Jul-07-15 8:38 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma transportation officials plan to set off explosives in an effort to prevent more rockslides along Interstate 35 in the Arbuckle Mountains.
- Woman saves children from injury as tornado hits house Updated: Jul-07-15 7:23 am
WAUPACA, Wisconsin - Sheriff's officials say a mother saved her three young children from injury as a tornado hit their house in Waupaca County.
- Storm brings flash flooding to Las Vegas Updated: Jul-07-15 6:08 am
LAS VEGAS - A thunderstorm with heavy rains and high winds moved across the Las Vegas area, flooding roads and knocking out power to hundreds.
- Heavy storms hit Kansas City area Updated: Jul-06-15 8:34 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Heavy storms swept through the Kansas City area during rush hour Monday, spawning at least one tornado and yanking down power lines and trees. No injuries were reported.
- Rain causes problems in western Wisconsin, Minnesota Updated: Jul-06-15 7:34 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - High water is receding after heavy rains caused problems in Wisconsin and Minnesota.
- Flash flood watch in effect in Oklahoma as storm approaches Updated: Jul-06-15 2:41 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - A flash flood watch has been issued for much of Oklahoma as another round of heavy rainfall approaches.
- Snyder declares state of disaster after Ionia County tornado Updated: Jul-06-15 12:21 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Gov. Rick Snyder has declared a state of disaster for Ionia County after tornado last month caused significant damage to the city of Portland.
- Tornado suspected for damage at Nebraska Panhandle farmstead Updated: Jul-06-15 10:07 am
MORRILL, Nebraska - A farmstead in the Nebraska Panhandle has been damaged by what may have been a short-lived tornado.
- Flood advisory issue as storms hit Las Vegas area Updated: Jul-05-15 6:18 pm
LAS VEGAS - The National Weather Service has issued a flood advisory for the northwest area of metropolitan Las Vegas.
- Forecasters predict heavy rainfall for Oklahoma, Arkansas Updated: Jul-05-15 2:47 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Weather forecasters are predicting more heavy rainfall in rain-saturated areas of northeastern Oklahoma and northwestern Arkansas.
- Can the poor afford to live at the Shore anymore? Updated: Jul-05-15 10:37 am
SEASIDE PARK, New Jersey - It was a Superstorm Sandy double-whammy.
- Storm causes floods, knocks out power in north Philippines Updated: Jul-05-15 8:16 am
MANILA, Philippines - A tropical storm blew across the northern Philippines on Sunday, causing floods and power outages in several towns and prompting rescue teams to scramble to evacuate villagers in low-lying communities.
- Police urge National Mall crowd to take shelter during storm Updated: Jul-04-15 4:31 pm
WASHINGTON - U.S. Park Police are urging visitors on the National Mall to seek shelter in museums and federal buildings as a thunder storm moves through the area.
- Man killed in flooding caused by Middle Tennessee storms Updated: Jul-03-15 5:35 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Officials say a 31-year-old man died when his car was washed into flood waters caused by heavy rain in Middle Tennessee.
- Weather service: Flash flood warnings in Lexington area Updated: Jul-03-15 4:23 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Weather officials are warning residents of flash flooding on roads, highways and low-lying spots in Lexington and surrounding areas.
- Flash flood advisories issued in north Georgia Updated: Jul-03-15 12:42 pm
ATLANTA - Forecasters are warning of thunderstorms capable of producing damaging winds, and flash flood warnings have been issued in parts of north Georgia.
- Slow-moving storm near Guam downgraded to tropical storm Updated: Jul-03-15 9:13 am
HAGATNA, Guam - A slow-moving storm that had Guam residents bracing for a typhoon has been downgraded to a tropical storm, but the National Weather Service says the erratic system could regain strength and develop into a typhoon later this weekend.
- 2 swept away in floodwater, later found dead identified Updated: Jul-03-15 4:55 am
HEMATITE, Missouri - Authorities have identified two women who died after being swept away in floodwater in Jefferson County.
- 'No-wake' policy in effect at Missouri's Lake of the Ozarks Updated: Jul-02-15 6:03 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon has implemented a "no-wake" policy at the Lake of the Ozarks after heavy rains raised the water levels.
- Federal officials OK disaster aid for more Oklahoma counties Updated: Jul-02-15 5:06 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The federal government has approved disaster assistance for nine more Oklahoma counties following a series of severe storms.
- Storms, rain rake Missouri, 1 dies in flash flooding Updated: Jul-02-15 4:36 pm
ST. LOUIS - Another night of strong storms and torrential rain swept across Missouri, leading to a flash flooding death in eastern Missouri and two apparent tornadoes in suburban Kansas City.
- 5 more Texas counties get disaster status from storms Updated: Jul-02-15 12:49 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Five more Texas counties have been granted federal disaster status to assist with recovery from deadly severe weather since early May.
- Leaders mark next step in Dubuque flood mitigation effort Updated: Jul-02-15 12:41 pm
DUBUQUE, Iowa - State and local leaders in Dubuque on Wednesday celebrated the start of construction on the largest phase of an estimated $200 million flood mitigation project aimed at avoiding future property damage and adding green space to a key part of the city.