- Weather blamed in fatal crash in northern Twin Cities Updated: Feb-07-16 2:58 pm
BROOKLYN PARK, Minnesota - Authorities say wintry weather played a role in a fatal crash in the northern Twin Cities last week.
- Blizzard warning out for southern Minnesota Updated: Feb-07-16 2:18 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Blizzard warnings are out for much of western and southern Minnesota where gusty winds are expected to make travel treacherous.
- Massachusetts man hit by falling tree limb after storm dies Updated: Feb-07-16 12:06 pm
CANTON, Massachusetts - Authorities say a Massachusetts man who was struck by a falling tree limb after a snowstorm has died from his injuries.
- Special concrete can melt ice, snow - just add electricity Updated: Feb-07-16 10:19 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Imagine if battling slick and dangerous road conditions caused by snowstorms could be as easy as flipping a switch.
- Storm warning: Storm bringing winds, high surf to NC coast Updated: Feb-07-16 10:14 am
MOREHEAD CITY, North Carolina - A coastal storm is bringing some wintery precipitation to eastern North Carolina and should mean high winds and high surf along the coast.
- Storms may brew, but in N. Korea pride over new satellite Updated: Feb-07-16 2:17 am
PYONGYANG, North Korea - Hours after the rest of the world already knew, North Korea's state media triumphantly announced in a special news bulletin to the nation Sunday it had successfully launched a satellite into orbit, calling it a major milestone in the nation's history and the "greatest gift of loyalty" to the country's young leader, Kim Jong Un.
- Counties declared disaster areas after severe weather Updated: Feb-06-16 5:15 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Dozens of Arkansas counties have been declared disaster areas by President Barack Obama after severe weather and flooding inundated the state between December and January.
- Police: Man hit by falling tree limb in critical condition Updated: Feb-06-16 4:33 pm
CANTON, Massachusetts - A 48-year-old man has been hospitalized after being struck by a falling tree limb following a winter snowstorm.
- Nebraska college deflates damaged athletic complex dome Updated: Feb-06-16 1:33 pm
SOUTH SIOUX CITY, Nebraska - Briar Cliff University has deflated its athletic complex dome after finding a tear in the fabric caused by heavy snowfall and high winds.
- Bills aim to combat invasive albizia trees Updated: Feb-06-16 12:50 pm
HILO, Hawaii - Two lawmakers are pushing legislation that would deal with invasive albizia trees, thousands of which fell and caused damage during Tropical Storm Iselle in August 2014.
- Storm off coast could bring snow to eastern North Carolina Updated: Feb-06-16 9:33 am
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - Forecasters say a developing storm just off the North Carolina coast could bring snow to areas along Interstate 95.
- New England digs out from first big snowfall of season Updated: Feb-06-16 12:23 am
BOSTON - New England is digging out from its first big snowfall of the season that dumped more than a foot in some places and left tens of thousands of homes and businesses without power, as forecasters eye another potential winter storm early next week.
- The Latest: 6-year-old hit by falling tree limb dies Updated: Feb-05-16 8:10 pm
BOSTON - The Latest on a winter storm that dropped more than a foot of snow on some areas of the Northeast (all times local):
- Vermont to get little to no snow in storm Updated: Feb-05-16 12:45 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - With little to no snow in Vermont, some are lamenting that the storm is hitting southern New England, not the Green Mountain state.
- Storm tracks farther northward, bringing snow to Maine Updated: Feb-05-16 9:27 am
A storm that was originally expected to give parts of Maine a dusting has moved closer to shore, bringing nearly a foot of snow to parts of the state and closing hundreds of schools and businesses.
- Commissioner dies after heart attack during snowstorm Updated: Feb-05-16 4:36 am
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - A Harrison commissioner has died nearly two weeks after suffering a heart attack while helping shovel snow.
- Storm expected to bring heavy snow during morning commute Updated: Feb-04-16 7:44 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A winter storm is expected to bring heavy snow to Rhode Island overnight and make for a messy morning commute.
- Storm expected to bring heavy snow during morning commute Updated: Feb-04-16 6:42 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut Gov. Dannel Malloy is advising residents to prepare for snow that could make for a messy morning commute.
- Weather service reports minor flooding along Monocacy River Updated: Feb-04-16 3:44 pm
FREDERICK, Maryland - The National Weather Service is reporting minor flooding along the Monocacy (mah-NAH'-kah-see) River near Frederick due to recent heavy rain and relatively warm temperatures after last month's blizzard.
- Grand Island digs out after 18 inches of snow pelts area Updated: Feb-04-16 3:17 pm
GRAND ISLAND, Nebraska - Grand Island residents and city employees are slowly digging out from a blizzard that left 18.3 inches of snow on the ground.
- 5 years trimmed from ex-cop's sentence in Katrina body case Updated: Feb-04-16 3:15 pm
NEW ORLEANS - An ex-New Orleans police officer who burned the body of a man shot to death by a fellow officer in the chaos following Hurricane Katrina had his 17-year-sentenced reduced by more than five years Thursday by a federal judge.
- The Latest: More than 5 years cut from ex-cop's sentence Updated: Feb-04-16 2:12 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The latest on the federal resentencing hearing of Gregory McRae, a former New Orleans police officer convicted in connection with burning the body of a man who had been shot by another officer following Hurricane Katrina (all times local):
- Weather service: 4 tornadoes struck Mississippi on Tuesday Updated: Feb-04-16 12:34 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Residents of eastern Mississippi on Thursday continued to clean up debris from homes, student housing and a small-town Baptist church that were damaged by tornadoes two days earlier.
- Army base: Tornado destroyed vehicles, displaced residents Updated: Feb-04-16 7:21 am
FORT STEWART, Georgia - Military officials at Fort Stewart say numerous vehicles were destroyed and 40 to 50 people were displaced from housing areas when a tornado touched down on the Army base in southeast Georgia.
- Storms bring snow to northern Michigan, heavy rain elsewhere Updated: Feb-03-16 8:07 pm
HOUGHTON, Michigan - Storms have brought sizable snowfalls to parts of northern Michigan and heavy rain in other parts of the state.