- Group: Courthouse flooded by Katrina still houses evidence Updated: May-03-16 4:17 pm
NEW ORLEANS - More than 10 years after Hurricane Katrina flooded the New Orleans courthouse's ground floor and destroyed evidence in thousands of criminal cases, evidence is still being stored there - and a watchdog group said Tuesday that a less-vulnerable storage space is needed.
- Spring snowstorms boost Wyoming snowpack Updated: May-03-16 4:14 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - A succession of spring snowstorms over the last two months has boosted Wyoming's snowpack to slightly above normal as the state heads into its annual snowmelt cycle.
- More than 200 East Texas homes damaged, destroyed in storms Updated: May-03-16 2:34 pm
PALESTINE, Texas - More than 200 homes in East Texas were damaged or destroyed during last weekend's tornadoes and deadly flooding.
- 3,300 northern Utah homes without power after wind storm Updated: May-02-16 5:12 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Thousands of residents in northern Utah and surrounding areas don't have power after a powerful wind storm hit the area over the weekend.
- Arizona lowers speed limit on dusty stretch of I-10 Updated: May-02-16 3:35 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Arizona officials are asking drivers to slow down on a highway near the New Mexico border after dust storms caused several car crashes.
- Wildfires sweep through mountain forests in north India Updated: May-02-16 11:06 am
LUCKNOW, India - Massive wildfires that have killed at least seven people in recent weeks were burning through pine forests in the mountains of northern India on Monday, including parts of two tiger reserves.
- Tornado tally from Oklahoma, Arkansas storms grows to 9 Updated: May-02-16 10:10 am
TULSA, Oklahoma - Meteorologists have identified tornado damage in Muskogee County nearly a week after a string of at least nine weak tornados across northeastern Oklahoma and Arkansas.
- South Louisiana under flash flood watch until 7 p.m. Monday Updated: May-02-16 8:28 am
NEW ORLEANS - More rain is in the forecast for a soggy south Louisiana. The ground is saturated from several days of heavy rain fall.
- Jazz fest's last day finishes soggy, but strong Updated: May-01-16 9:40 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Wind, rain and a lightning strike beside the stage where Bonnie Raitt was singing didn't stop the soggy last day of the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival from rollicking to a close.
- Storms prompt tornado warnings in Illinois, Indiana Updated: May-01-16 9:35 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Meteorologists are warning strong storms could bring large hail and tornadoes to parts of Illinois and Indiana.
- The Latest: All sing with Guthrie: 'Alice's Restaurant' Updated: May-01-16 9:21 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The Latest on the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival (all times local):
- Storms may bring strong winds, hail to eastern Arkansas Updated: May-01-16 5:12 pm
JONESBORO, Arkansas - Forecasters say severe weather is possible in portions of eastern Arkansas.
- Weather Service confirms Saturday St. Landry Parish tornado Updated: May-01-16 2:49 pm
DUPONT, Louisiana - The National Weather Service confirms that a tornado hit rural parts of northern St. Landry Parish and southern Avoyelles Parish on Saturday.
- The Latest: 6th body found after flooding in Texas Updated: Apr-30-16 10:44 pm
PALESTINE, Texas - The Latest on Texas flooding (all times local):
- 6th body found after Texas flash floods Updated: Apr-30-16 9:57 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - Lisa Asberry Davis said on Saturday that she and her three children waded to safety through water up to their chins after torrential rains in East Texas swamped a cul-de-sac of homes during the night and forced some residents onto rooftops.
- Areas of Las Vegas drenched by morning rainfall Updated: Apr-30-16 7:09 pm
LAS VEGAS - Las Vegas residents woke up to the sounds of heavy rainfall this morning.
- Life after storm: Survivors recall 2011 tornado outbreak Updated: Apr-30-16 10:11 am
DECATUR, Alabama - Each year on April 27, at precisely 4:05 p.m., the Guzman family performs a solemn ritual, releasing pink, purple and lime-green balloons in memory of Aurelia Guzman.
- Tornado damages buildings in East Texas Updated: Apr-29-16 9:05 pm
DALLAS - A tornado in East Texas caused severe damage and left some people injured Friday evening, as storms snaked their way across northern and eastern Texas and southern Oklahoma.
- The Latest: East Texas struck by tornadoes Updated: Apr-29-16 8:54 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - The Latest on severe weather in the central U.S. (all times local):
- Parts of India ban daytime cooking as hundreds die of heat Updated: Apr-29-16 8:27 pm
PATNA, India - With sizzling temperatures claiming more than 300 lives this month in India, officials said they were banning daytime cooking in some parts of the drought-stricken country in a bid to prevent accidental fires that have killed nearly 80 more people.
- Service confirms 2nd, weaker tornado touched down in Omaha Updated: Apr-29-16 11:53 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - The National Weather Service says it's confirmed that a second, weaker tornado touched down briefly in northwest Omaha.
- Omaha Public Schools to review severe weather guidelines Updated: Apr-29-16 11:00 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Omaha Public Schools says it's reviewing its severe weather procedures after parents were told they couldn't take shelter inside an elementary school during a tornado warning.
- Tornado damages barn, 2 homes northwest of Indianapolis Updated: Apr-28-16 6:01 pm
ZIONSVILLE, Indiana - Authorities say a tornado damaged two homes and a metal barn northwest of Indianapolis.
- Heavy rain floods some homes on Mississippi Gulf Coast Updated: Apr-28-16 3:18 pm
GULFPORT, Mississippi - The mayor of Gulfport, Mississippi, has declared a state of emergency because of heavy rain and widespread flooding in the largest city on the state's Gulf Coast.
- Rains wash out Kansas rail track, cause wastewater overflow Updated: Apr-28-16 1:40 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Heavy rain has washed out several sections of railroad track, damaged a small bridge and caused about 2.4 million gallons of untreated wastewater to be released into the Kansas River.