- Med students create, run free clinic in Norfolk Updated: Dec-07-13 10:08 am
- Group accuses Kan. school of free speech violation Updated: Dec-02-13 6:19 pm
- 'Preferred' pronouns gain traction at US colleges Updated: Nov-30-13 5:34 am
- Regents looking at changes to student insurance Updated: Nov-27-13 1:27 pm
- Court of Appeals to hear cases at Miss. State Updated: Nov-16-13 10:11 am
- Former school counselor sentenced for exploitation Updated: Nov-12-13 8:13 pm
- U. of Illinois looking at medical overhaul Updated: Nov-05-13 4:42 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - For Cara Wright, taking someone's blood pressure at a free clinic on Southampton Avenue in Norfolk is pretty straightforward.
BONNER SPRINGS, Kansas - An Arizona group has filed a federal lawsuit accusing a suburban Kansas City middle school of violating a student's First Amendment rights by prohibiting the student from handing out fliers promoting a prayer event.
OAKLAND, California - The weekly meetings of Mouthing Off!, a group for students at Mills College in Oakland, California, who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender, always start the same way. Members take turns going around the room saying their names and the personal pronouns they want others to use when referring to them - she, he or something else.
MISSOULA, Montana - The state Board of Regents is looking at making some changes to the insurance plan it offers university students because fewer of them are purchasing the plan and premiums aren't covering the full cost of claims.
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Court of Appeals heads to the campus of Mississippi State University on Wednesday to hear oral arguments in two cases.
BOISE, Idaho - A former school counselor from Meridian will spend 30 years in federal prison after pleading guilty to sexual exploitation of minors.
URBANA, Illinois - University of Illinois trustees later this month will start considering changes in how the university's hospital, clinics and medical colleges are run, but some faculty members want to slow the process down.