- Ozark car dealers found guilty in meth distribution ring Updated: Aug-29-15 6:53 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Two southwest Missouri car dealers have been convicted in a scheme to launder drug money for a man with a criminal past.
- West Texas businessman pleads guilty to $100M shoes scam Updated: Aug-29-15 11:44 am
EL PASO, Texas - A West Texas businessman faces up to 20 years in prison for a $100 million trade scam involving shoes smuggled to Mexico without paying taxes.
- 4 Los Angeles men accused of filming teen for pornography Updated: Aug-27-15 5:32 am
LOS ANGELES - Four Los Angeles men have been accused of filming a 15-year-old girl to make child pornography.
- Pennsylvania attorney general links adversaries, conspiracy Updated: Aug-27-15 1:35 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania's embattled attorney general got part of what she wanted when court officials unsealed papers in which she accuses two former state prosecutors of concocting the criminal case against her because she was threatening to reveal their proclivity for pornography.
- Rochester man confesses to role in 1998 drug-related murder Updated: Aug-26-15 6:13 am
ROCHESTER, New York - A Rochester man has admitted to his role in a drug conspiracy that led to a murder on the Seneca Indian Reservation.
- Couple, 67 and 63, plead to VA benefits theft, conspiracy Updated: Aug-26-15 6:11 am
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - A former Concordia Parish couple has pleaded guilty in a scheme to steal veterans' benefits, federal prosecutors say.
- Ex-Vegas firefighter cast as mastermind in wife slaying case Updated: Aug-25-15 7:56 pm
LAS VEGAS - A prosecutor alleged Tuesday that George Miguel Tiaffay befriended, supplied and promised to pay a homeless handyman who bludgeoned his casino cocktail server wife to death with a claw hammer a few weeks after the couple filed for divorce.
- Illinois man denies cancer drug smuggling conspiracy charge Updated: Aug-25-15 4:43 pm
HELENA, Montana - An Illinois man pleaded not guilty Tuesday to conspiring with an online Canadian pharmacy to smuggle mislabeled, unapproved and, in two cases, counterfeit prescription drugs into the U.S. to sell to doctors.
- Man admits forcing immigrant teenagers into egg farm work Updated: Aug-24-15 6:28 pm
MARION, Ohio - The thousand-mile journey to the Texas border was supposed to bring the Guatemalan teenagers to a better life. Instead, it was the beginning of a terrible ordeal: Prosecutors say they were fraudulently plucked from U.S. custody by conspirators posing as friends or family who forced them to work as virtual slaves.
- Man pleads to conspiracy in drug slaying, gets 16 years Updated: Aug-21-15 10:38 am
SANDUSKY, Ohio - A man tried twice for what authorities say was a drug-related slaying in northwest Ohio has avoided a third trial by pleading guilty to reduced charges.
- Ex-Wilmington Trust president makes first court appearance Updated: Aug-20-15 3:31 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Former Wilmington Trust president Robert Harra Jr. was ordered released on bail Thursday after pleading not guilty to fraud and conspiracy charges stemming from an ongoing federal investigation into the collapse of the century-old financial institution.
- Reputed Binghamton gang member gets life in federal prison Updated: Aug-20-15 5:16 am
BINGHAMTON, New York - A reputed Binghamton street gang member was sentenced to life in federal prison for his role in a drug trafficking conspiracy.
- Grisly killing becomes political battleground in Venezuela Updated: Aug-19-15 5:50 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - The grisly slaying of a woman has become yet another political flashpoint in hyper-polarized Venezuela, with supporters and opponents of the country's socialist administration each saying the killers were working for the other side.
- Las Cruces man pleads guilty in tattoo parlor bombing Updated: Aug-18-15 12:47 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - A Las Cruces man has pleaded guilty to federal charges stemming from the 2012 firebombing of a tattoo parlor.
- Former New Haven man pleads guilty to Maine crack conspiracy Updated: Aug-18-15 11:12 am
BANGOR, Maine - A former resident of New Haven, Connecticut, is pleading guilty in federal court to participating in an interstate conspiracy to possess crack cocaine with the intention of selling it.
- 3 looking at prison for synthetic drug 'spice' conspiracy Updated: Aug-16-15 3:52 am
FORT PIERCE, Florida - Three Floridians are looking at stretches in prison after pleading guilty to a conspiracy to acquire and distribute the illegal synthetic drug known as "spice."
- Man gets 2 life sentences, 75 years in Indiana house blast Updated: Aug-14-15 5:27 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - An Indianapolis man should have known the likely outcome of blowing up a house at a time when most people were home, a judge said Friday, calling him the "prime mover" in the scheme who deserved consecutive life sentences without parole for killing two neighbors.
- Bismarck homicide convict loses state Supreme Court appeal Updated: Aug-14-15 8:13 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota's Supreme Court has rejected the appeal of one of two men accused of conspiring to murder a South Dakota man in North Dakota and bury the dismembered body in Montana.
- Harrisburg businessman pleads guilty to tax conspiracy Updated: Aug-14-15 7:07 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A businessman in Pennsylvania's state capital is the third person to plead guilty in connection to a conspiracy to evade hundreds of thousands of dollars in employment taxes.
- Uzbek refugee convicted of terrorism conspiracy charge in US Updated: Aug-12-15 8:26 pm
BOISE, Idaho - A federal jury in Idaho has convicted an Uzbek refugee of three terrorism-related charges after prosecutors said he worked to support a terrorist organization and gathered explosive materials in his Boise apartment.
- Pennsylvania horse trainer charged in doping conspiracy Updated: Aug-12-15 6:36 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A prominent central Pennsylvania thoroughbred trainer was indicted Wednesday on charges she conspired with veterinarians to give horses banned substances before races.
- Oregon man linked to Silk Road meth scheme is sentenced Updated: Aug-12-15 5:04 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A suburban Portland, Oregon, man who supplied methamphetamine that was sold on a now-shuttered black market website was sentenced Wednesday to 30 months in federal prison.
- Florida woman sentenced for served as drug courier Updated: Aug-12-15 10:10 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A Florida woman will serve four years in prison for her role in a conspiracy to move cocaine from Florida to Texas by way of South Mississippi.
- Loan officer sentenced for role in mortgage fraud scheme Updated: Aug-11-15 2:59 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A loan officer involved in a large-scale mortgage fraud scheme that caused millions of dollars in losses is now headed to prison.
- 4 sentenced to prison for roles in drug conspiracy Updated: Aug-11-15 4:34 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - Federal prosecutors say four people have now been sentenced for their roles in a conspiracy to distribute cocaine and other drugs in Hancock County.