- The Latest: Ex-execs of Haslam-owned chain charged Updated: Feb-09-16 7:54 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Latest on the case against the former president of the truck stop chain Flying J (all times local):
- Haslam-owned chain exec advised 'say one thing, do another' Updated: Feb-09-16 7:51 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A former top executive of the truck stop chain owned by Cleveland Browns owner Jimmy Haslam and Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam advised sales staff to "Say one thing, do another," when it came to dealing with customers, according to an indictment.
- The Latest: Texas man in nanny imprisonment case given bond Updated: Feb-09-16 5:00 pm
HOUSTON - The Latest on a Houston-area couple accused of forcing a Nigerian woman to care for their children and home without pay: (all times local):
- Canada soccer head Montagliani to run for CONCACAF president Updated: Feb-08-16 5:48 pm
TORONTO - Canadian Soccer Association president Victor Montagliani says he is running for president of soccer's governing body for North and Central America and the Caribbean, whose past three presidents have been charged with corruption by U.S. prosecutors.
- Jury convicts Herreid woman of setting fire to own bar Updated: Feb-05-16 6:33 pm
HERREID, South Dakota - A South Dakota woman accused of setting fire to her own bar to get insurance money has been convicted of arson.
- North Dakota case delayed because of murder-for-hire trial Updated: Feb-05-16 5:34 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The federal trial for a woman accused of bilking investors in a North Dakota oil patch trucking firm has been delayed so she can testify in the ongoing murder-for-hire trial of her ex-husband.
- Man charged in church attack plot pleads guilty Updated: Feb-05-16 3:22 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - A Virginia man charged with plotting to shoot up or bomb synagogues and black churches has pleaded guilty to conspiracy and firearms charges.
- Texas pilot pleads guilty to drug conspiracy Updated: Feb-05-16 7:36 am
NEW ORLEANS - A Texas pilot has pleaded guilty to transporting almost $500,000 worth of cocaine on a plane that authorities intercepted when it stopped to refuel at a Louisiana airport in September.
- Man gets federal prison time for role in Maine drug ring Updated: Feb-05-16 7:12 am
BANGOR, Maine - A former Connecticut man who pleaded guilty to his role in a crack cocaine distribution ring in Maine has been sentenced to three years behind bars.
- Court hearing reset in Las Vegas Strip fight-night slaying Updated: Feb-04-16 2:36 pm
LAS VEGAS - A preliminary hearing was reset to April 6 for a 23-year-old Nevada state prison inmate facing murder charges in a fight-night slaying last May on the Las Vegas Strip.
- Former Postal Service worker convicted in theft conspiracy Updated: Feb-03-16 1:57 pm
ST. LOUIS - A former U.S. Postal Service worker from suburban St. Louis has been convicted as part of a conspiracy to steal mail.
- Kansas woman pleads guilty to sex trafficking conspiracy Updated: Feb-03-16 5:01 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - A 22-year-old Kansas woman has pleaded guilty to taking a 17-year-old to a hotel last year for the purpose of prostituting her.
- St. Joseph man pleads guilty in solar energy fraud case Updated: Feb-03-16 2:35 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The owner of solar energy installation company in St. Joseph has pleaded guilty to conspiracy in a $1.4 million fraud scheme.
- Federal judge sets trial date for PA Cyber school founder Updated: Feb-02-16 12:23 pm
PITTSBURGH - A federal judge has set a June 6 trial date for Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School Founder Nicholas Trombetta.
- Man charged with seed corn theft conspiracy pleads guilty Updated: Jan-27-16 8:50 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A naturalized U.S. citizen from China entered a plea agreement with federal prosecutors Wednesday, admitting he participated in a conspiracy to steal seed corn from U.S. companies.
- Man charged in race plot pleads guilty to robbery conspiracy Updated: Jan-27-16 6:18 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - One of three Virginia men charged in an alleged plot to attack synagogues and black churches has pleaded guilty to a robbery conspiracy.
- George man gets prison after mail, identities stolen Updated: Jan-27-16 9:25 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A 47-year-old Georgia man has admitted his role in the theft of mail in Mississippi and the use of stolen identities to make counterfeit checks for purchases at Wal-Mart stores while he lived in Gulfport.
- Phoenix man accused of running fraudulent tax-prep business Updated: Jan-27-16 5:00 am
PHOENIX - A federal grand jury has indicted a woman of running a fraudulent tax-preparation business from her north Phoenix home.
- Grand Forks man sentenced to 12 years in synthetic drug case Updated: Jan-26-16 7:14 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - A Grand Forks man accused of dealing a synthetic drug was sentenced Tuesday to 12 years in prison and told to help pay back the families of two victims who died from overdoses of powdered fentanyl.
- Bronx man sentenced for Waterville trafficking conspiracy Updated: Jan-26-16 6:58 am
BANGOR, Maine - A 35-year-old Bronx, New York man was sentenced to serve just over three years behind bars for his role in a large-scale trafficking ring that brought drugs into Waterville.
- A year later, cases linger in Ohio teen forced labor case Updated: Jan-23-16 1:05 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The third of four people accused of smuggling teens into the U.S. and keeping them as virtual slave laborers at an Ohio egg farm has pleaded guilty to charges in a case that brought national attention to the exploitation of young immigrants fleeing unrest in Central America.
- New York man sentenced in widespread credit fraud scheme Updated: Jan-22-16 6:48 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A New York man has been sentenced to more than four years in prison for participating in one of the largest credit card fraud schemes ever exposed.
- DA tries to block retrial in deadly Nevada casino shooting Updated: Jan-21-16 4:18 am
RENO, Nevada - Prosecutors are urging Nevada's Supreme Court to reconsider its recent reversal of a murder and conspiracy conviction in a casino shootout between rival biker gangs that left one dead and three others wounded more than four years ago.
- Ex-casino exec, waitress, gambler charged with slot scheme Updated: Jan-20-16 5:32 pm
WILKES-BARRE, Pennsylvania - A casino vice president plotted with a cocktail waitress and a gambler to steal more than $400,000 from a northeastern Pennsylvania casino, orchestrating a scam involving stolen identities and free slots play, authorities said.
- Ukrainian admits leading ring that stole online bank data Updated: Jan-20-16 3:09 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A Ukrainian man has admitted using thousands of infected computers to steal user names and passwords for bank accounts and other online services.