- Former FIFA member Blazer's plea seems key to investigation Updated: May-28-15 3:25 am
NEW YORK - Former FIFA executive committee member Chuck Blazer appears to have provided key information that has been central to the Justice Department's soccer corruption investigation, linking other officials in the Americas to a series of schemes.
- New Jersey man gets 6 years in railroad conspiracy case Updated: May-22-15 5:23 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A northern New Jersey man convicted of participating in a scheme to fraudulently get state funds for a railroad repair project has been sentenced to six years in state prison.
- Terror suspect wanted in US wins Irish case, walks free Updated: May-21-15 6:13 pm
DUBLIN - An Algerian-born terror suspect wanted in the United States walked free from a Dublin court Thursday after five years behind bars and a two-year legal battle against extradition.
- UK jewel heist suspects charged, set for 1st court showing Updated: May-21-15 7:16 am
LONDON - Scotland Yard has charged eight suspects with conspiracy to burgle in the well-planned Easter weekend break-in at a safe-deposit box facility in London's famed Hatton Garden diamond district, and a fresh arrest was made.
- High court rejects appeal from former New Jersey official Updated: May-18-15 9:44 am
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court won't hear an appeal from a former Newark, New Jersey, official convicted of conspiracy to commit extortion.
- Jury acquits man in slaying near Colorado Springs Updated: May-13-15 10:23 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - A man charged in a slaying near Colorado Springs has been acquitted of first-degree murder and conspiracy to commit murder.
- Federal jury finds ND man guilty in meth conspiracy trial Updated: May-13-15 6:53 pm
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - A North Dakota man is facing a minimum of seven years in prison after a federal jury found him guilty in a methamphetamine conspiracy trial.
- Vendor gets prison term for defrauding school district Updated: May-13-15 6:43 pm
PLANO, Texas - A federal judge has sentenced a security contractor to 2½ years in prison after she pleaded guilty to conspiracy to defraud a suburban North Texas school district out of millions of dollars.
- Ex-CEO sentenced for scheme involving Iraq, Afghanistan work Updated: May-08-15 7:31 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A former engineering consulting company CEO who schemed to overcharge the U.S. government for reconstruction projects for nearly 20 years was sentenced Friday.
- 5 arrested in alleged Iowa heroin conspiracy tied to deaths Updated: May-08-15 6:38 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Investigators have arrested a man suspected of being a major heroin supplier and four associates in the Iowa City area whose drugs have allegedly been linked to several overdose deaths, court documents show.
- Court enters not guilty plea in bomb conspiracy case Updated: May-06-15 5:28 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - A federal magistrate has entered a not guilty plea on behalf of a Topeka man charged with conspiracy in a plot to bomb the Fort Riley military base.
- Topeka man charged with conspiracy in Fort Riley bomb plot Updated: May-05-15 8:08 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A Topeka man has been charged with conspiracy in a plot to bomb the Fort Riley military base, according to a court document unsealed Tuesday.
- WV woman pleads guilty to drug trafficking conspiracy Updated: May-05-15 5:58 am
WHEELING, West Virginia - A 29-year-old Moundsville woman has been convicted in federal court of drug trafficking.
- 2 Michigan men admit role in Mississippi drug conspiracy Updated: May-04-15 9:43 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - Two Michigan men have pleaded guilty to their roles in a conspiracy to distribute more than 5 kilos of cocaine and 1 kilo of heroin in South Mississippi.
- Ex-police chief accused in gun sale conspiracy speaks out Updated: Apr-30-15 6:46 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - The attorney for a former police chief indicted in a gun sale conspiracy at the Bel Aire Police Department says his client never intended to violate any law.
- South Korean company settles Kevlar trade secrets lawsuit Updated: Apr-30-15 5:49 pm
DOVER, Delaware - A South Korean company accused of stealing trade secrets involving Kevlar technology has pleaded guilty to federal conspiracy charges and settled separate civil litigation filed by the DuPont Co., officials said Thursday.
- 13 law enforcement officers charged with drug conspiracy Updated: Apr-30-15 4:37 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Thirteen current and former law enforcement officers have been indicted on drug conspiracy charges after participating in what they thought was a large-scale cocaine and heroin shipping operation - but turned out to be an FBI sting, authorities said Thursday.
- Former Premier League player jailed 2½ years in fixing plot Updated: Apr-29-15 11:47 am
BIRMINGHAM, England - A former Premier League player was sentenced to 2 1/2 years in jail on Wednesday after being convicted of plotting to bribe lower-league players in England.
- Western Illinois man pleads guilty to mail fraud charge Updated: Apr-29-15 6:35 am
EAST ST. LOUIS, Illinois - A western Illinois man has pleaded guilty to helping to steal mail for personal information to apply for credit cards.
- Winooski woman sentenced for drug conspiracy Updated: Apr-29-15 5:04 am
WINOOSKI, Vermont - A Winooski woman has been sentenced to 30 months in prison on drug-related charges.