- AP Interview: Jihadi head says Gaza groups growing Updated: Mar-09-14 6:55 pm
- Israel: 40 rockets in alleged Iranian shipment Updated: Mar-09-14 2:01 pm
- 2 Yemen soldiers killed in attack on army base Updated: Mar-08-14 2:43 pm
- Militants apologize for killing Lebanese civilians Updated: Mar-08-14 9:13 am
- Colombian paramilitaries set for release Updated: Mar-07-14 12:14 pm
- Militant grip transforms, terrorizes Syrian city Updated: Mar-07-14 11:47 am
- Gaza militants deny involvement in arms shipment Updated: Mar-07-14 11:05 am
- Pakistan resumes Taliban talks as 6 soldiers die Updated: Mar-05-14 8:21 am
- Israeli army fires on militants on Syrian border Updated: Mar-05-14 3:11 am
- Militants kill 11 people in their homes in Nigeria Updated: Mar-04-14 4:06 pm
- Experts skeptical of Kunming link to global terror Updated: Mar-04-14 3:10 am
- Basque militants vow to put all arms beyond reach Updated: Mar-01-14 8:01 am
- From Riyadh to Beirut, fear of Syria blowback Updated: Feb-28-14 4:10 pm
- France vows to prevent C. African Rep. breakup Updated: Feb-28-14 12:56 pm
- Syria militants claim Christians agreed to pay tax Updated: Feb-27-14 2:10 pm
- Car bomb kills 11 at tea shop in Mogadishu Updated: Feb-27-14 8:08 am
- Sunni anger in Lebanon against army grows Updated: Feb-25-14 10:00 am
- Leader of Syrian militant group challenges rivals Updated: Feb-25-14 4:32 am
- UN: 400,000 displaced by southeast Congo attacks Updated: Feb-24-14 11:49 am
- Somali army invading Mogadishu homes after attack Updated: Feb-24-14 8:37 am
- Shots fired at Colombia leftist candidate's convoy Updated: Feb-23-14 11:29 pm
- 9 attackers dead: Somalia president palace attack Updated: Feb-21-14 4:47 pm
- In Yemen, a woman's life entangled with al-Qaida Updated: Feb-21-14 1:21 pm
- Report: US drone may have killed dozen civilians Updated: Feb-20-14 9:49 am
- Hundreds in Somalia's capital flee clashes Updated: Feb-20-14 7:53 am
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - A leader of one of Gaza's secretive jihadi groups says the al-Qaida-inspired movement now has several thousand armed fighters in the seaside strip, posing a formidable threat to both Israel and the area's Hamas rulers.
EILAT, Israel - Israel's military says a cargo ship it intercepted in the Red Sea last week carried 40 rockets with a range of up to 160 kilometers (100 miles) and dozens of mortar shells.
SANAA, Yemen - Suspected al-Qaida militants fired rocket-propelled grenades and heavy machineguns at a military base in southern Yemen on Saturday, killing two soldiers guarding its gate, a senior military official said.
BEIRUT - A militant group issued a rare apology Saturday for a twin suicide bombing in Beirut that killed eight people and wounded dozens, including children from a nearby orphanage.
BOGOTA, Colombia - One veteran of Colombia's disbanded far-right militias admitted to ordering or taking part in at least 3,000 killings, mostly targeting leftists , and incinerating many of the corpses to destroy evidence.
BEIRUT - Once a vibrant, religiously mixed community, Syria's eastern city of Raqqa is now a shell of its former self, terrorized by hard-line militants who have turned it into the nucleus of their vision for the Islamic caliphate they hope one day to establish in Syria and Iraq.
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - An Iranian-backed militant group in the Gaza Strip says it is not involved in a seized missile shipment that Israel says came from Iran and was destined for Gaza.
PARACHINAR, Pakistan - The Pakistani government pushed forward with Taliban peace negotiations on Wednesday, despite recent militant attacks that include a roadside bomb in the country's northwest that killed six soldiers.
JERUSALEM - Israeli troops opened fire Wednesday on two suspected militants as they were trying to plant an explosive device along the frontier with Syria, the military said, blaming the incident on the Lebanese militant Hezbollah group.
MAIDUGURI, Nigeria - Officials say Islamic militants have burned 11 people to death inside their homes in northeastern Nigeria, where frequent attacks have claimed at least 130 lives in the past four days alone.
KUNMING, China - China says the vicious slashing spree that killed 29 people in a southern city was the work of separatists linked to international terrorism, but the assailants' homespun methods and low-tech weapons - nothing more than long knives - have led some analysts to suspect they didn't get outside help.
MADRID - The Basque separatist group ETA confirms it has begun to store weapons beyond its members' reach and says the secretive process eventually will render its entire arsenal harmless.
BISARIYEH, Lebanon - The once-tranquil, religiously mixed village of Bisariyeh is seething: Two of its young men who fought alongside the rebels in Syria recently returned home radicalized and staged suicide bombings in Lebanon.
BOZOUM, Central African Republic - Thousands of international troops dispatched to volatile Central African Republic are there to help keep the country from breaking apart, France's president said Friday, days after the French parliament voted to prolong the country's mission in its former colony wracked by violence between Christians and Muslims.
AMMAN, Jordan - Militant fighters should not impose an Islamic tax on Christians in Syria, a radical Jordanian preacher facing terrorism charges said Thursday, days after an al-Qaida breakaway group in Syria claimed Christian leaders under its control agreed to pay the tax in return for protection.
MOGADISHU, Somalia - A car bomb blast Thursday in a normally quiet Mogadishu neighborhood blew the facade off a tea shop where intelligence officers are known to congregate, killing at least 11 people, police said.
TRIPOLI, Lebanon - From radical preachers to irreverent taxi drivers, anger is spreading through Lebanon's Sunni community toward the country's military, adding a dangerous twist to Lebanon's instability, already shaken by relentless bombings.
CAIRO - The leader of a powerful al-Qaida-linked jihadi group in Syria has given a rival al-Qaida breakaway a five-day ultimatum to seek arbitration by leading clerics or be expelled from the region.
KINSHASA, Congo - The U.N. says 400,000 people have been displaced in recent months by fighting involving local militia groups in Congo's mineral-rich southeast Katanga province.
MOGADISHU, Somalia - Hooded soldiers carrying sniper rifles have unleashed a sweeping crackdown across Mogadishu in a hunt for militants and weapons after the country's al-Qaida-linked militants group's latest attack on the country's presidential palace.
BOGOTA, Colombia - Unidentified gunmen tried to halt a convoy carrying a leftist presidential candidate Sunday and exchanged gunfire with its security detail, but no one was injured, Colombian authorities said.
MOGADISHU, Somalia - Nine al-Shabab militants wearing military fatigues and carrying guns and grenades died after attacking the presidential palace with two car bombs on Friday, in an assault the president called a "media spectacular" by a "dying animal."
SANAA, Yemen - Abeer al-Hassani's ex-husband was famed for his beautiful voice. He used it, she says, singing poetic hymns to martyrdom and jihad to try to draw youth from their neighborhood of the Yemeni capital into joining al-Qaida. He sang at weddings of fellow members of the terror group, and held discussions with young men at local mosques.
WASHINGTON - A U.S. military drone strike in Yemen last December may have killed up to a dozen civilians on their way to a wedding and injured others, including the bride, a human rights group says. U.S. officials say only members of al-Qaida were killed, but they have refused to make public the details of two U.S. investigations into the incident.
MOGADISHU, Somalia - Residents in Mogadishu say that hundreds of families are fleeing the Somali capital after a spike in the number of clashes between militants and pro-government troops.