- Rhode Island awarded Department of Labor grants Updated: Jul-05-15 9:32 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island has been awarded two federal grants that officials say will help connect job seekers with employers.
- Roswell airport gets $9M in federal funding Updated: Jul-04-15 5:02 am
ROSWELL, New Mexico - The Roswell airport has received a federal grant that will help boost planned renovations.
- $1.2M federal grant to expand Ala re-employment program Updated: Jul-03-15 5:37 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama will use a $1.2 million federal grant to expand a program aimed at getting unemployed people back to work.
- Researchers receive $500K grant to study bat fungus Updated: Jul-02-15 10:59 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island researchers have been given a $500,000 federal grant to investigate a fungus killing bats.
- Hutchinson emergency shelter closes for lack of grant Updated: Jul-01-15 4:59 pm
HUTCHINSON, Kansas - An emergency overnight shelter in Hutchinson has closed with little warning because it didn't receive a federal grant.
- Tiny Missouri town finally getting flood buyout money Updated: Jun-27-15 2:53 pm
DUTCHTOWN, Missouri - After years of flooding in the small southeast Missouri town of Dutchtown, many of the residents are finally getting federal buyout money.
- Naples Conservancy receives state grant for expansion Updated: Jun-25-15 6:52 am
NAPLES, Florida - A Naples animal hospital will receive a grant from the state allowing the organization to expand its rehabilitation space.
- 5 Arkansas airports to share $1.8 million federal grant Updated: Jun-24-15 12:20 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Members of the Arkansas congressional delegation say five airports in the state will share $1.8 million in federal grants for airport upgrades and improvements.
- Lafayette plans 5 public art projects thanks to state grant Updated: Jun-22-15 6:33 am
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Five public art projects along Main Street in Lafayette will get a boost from state funding.
- UND gets federal grant to support American Indian elders Updated: Jun-21-15 2:08 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The University of North Dakota is getting a grant to support American Indian elders through education, training, technical assistance and research.
- St. Louis research center gets $8M to study sorghum Updated: Jun-18-15 5:13 pm
ST. LOUIS - A plant research center in St. Louis is getting an $8 million federal grant to study sorghum's uses in biofuel.
- Louisiana getting $1 million federal job-training grant Updated: Jun-18-15 7:04 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana is getting $1 million in federal grant money to train residents needed as employees by specific industries.
- Audit: State agency gave wrong info on sex offender grants Updated: Jun-17-15 7:18 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The New Mexico Department of Public Safety submitted inaccurate financial reports and delayed adopting key components of a sex offender law connected to federal grants, according to a new audit.
- Indiana counties teaming up to win $42M state grants Updated: Jun-17-15 3:52 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Counties around Indiana are starting to form coalitions in an effort to win potentially millions of dollars in new state grants for regional development projects.
- Arkansas maritime center receives $924,000 federal grant Updated: Jun-16-15 10:30 am
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - A University of Arkansas-based maritime center has received a $924,000 federal grant.
- Community forests established in UP, southwestern Michigan Updated: Jun-12-15 3:30 pm
BIG BAY, Michigan - Community forests are being established in southwestern Michigan and the Upper Peninsula through federal grants awarded to two preservation organizations, according to the state Department of Natural Resources.
- Modern-day slavery Updated: Jun-11-15 5:06 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Albuquerque police called her Sara - a pseudonym.
- 35 Mississippi airports will split $10M in federal grants Updated: Jun-08-15 4:06 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - The U.S. Department of Transportation is awarding more than $10 million in grants that will be divided among 35 Mississippi airports.
- 4 cities get funds to prevent Lake Michigan rain runoff Updated: Jun-07-15 4:05 am
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Four cities will receive federal grants totaling more than $430,000 for projects intended to improve Lake Michigan water quality.
- Ohio city officials plan for new bus station and bus depot Updated: Jun-06-15 10:20 am
OXFORD, Ohio - A new bus station and bus depot may be coming to a southwest Ohio city as part of a $26 million transportation project.