- Maine homeless shelter receives state grant for expansion Updated: May-04-15 2:49 am
WATERVILLE, Maine - A homeless shelter in Kennebec County is getting a $1 million grant from the Maine State Housing Authority to help get their expansion plans off the ground.
- W.Va. governor announces $250k state grant for pipeline Updated: Apr-30-15 3:35 pm
HAZELTON, West Virginia - A Preston County natural gas pipeline project that's expected to create 25 jobs is receiving a $250,000 state grant.
- Utah County residents file petitions against bus route Updated: Apr-30-15 1:17 pm
PROVO, Utah - Eight people opposed to the Utah County Commissioners' bonding for up to $65 million for a new bus route have filed a petition for a referendum.
- Jackson seeks $15M for 3 main corridors Updated: Apr-30-15 6:28 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Jackson is seeking a $15 million federal grant from the U.S. Department of Transportation to improve portions of State Street, Capitol Street and Medgar Evers Boulevard.
- Va. museum gets federal grant for USS Monitor conservation Updated: Apr-28-15 3:11 am
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - The Mariners Museum in Newport News will receive a federal grant of nearly $100,000.
- Arkansas nonprofit for entrepreneurs receiving $1M grant Updated: Apr-27-15 6:11 pm
NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - An Arkansas nonprofit organization created to help budding entrepreneurs turn their ideas into products they can sell was awarded a $1 million federal grant Monday to renovate and purchase a nearly century-old building where it's housed.
- Wells Fargo seek state grants for Delaware job creation Updated: Apr-27-15 2:19 am
DOVER, Delaware - A state economic development panel is set to vote on a request by Wells Fargo Bank for more than $1.3 million in taxpayer grants to help offset costs associated with relocating and creating new jobs in New Castle County.
- SC State uses $3M federal grant to reopen Elloree camp Updated: Apr-26-15 12:43 pm
ELLOREE, South Carolina - South Carolina State University is using a $3 million federal grant to reopen its camp in Elloree.
- Firefighters awarded more than $600,000 in federal grants Updated: Apr-26-15 10:25 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Johnston Fire Department and the Rhode Island Fire Academy have been awarded more than $600,000 in federal grants.
- Maine gets federal grant to help invest in green energy Updated: Apr-23-15 11:10 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Maine is getting a $100,000 grant to help develop clean energy projects for farmers, fishermen and other small business owners.
- Federal grant will be used to improve Columbia airport Updated: Apr-20-15 8:11 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - The city of Columbia plans to use a $1.37 million federal grant to improve and extend two runways at the Columbia Regional Airport.
- Opt-out movement accelerates amid Common Core testing Updated: Apr-17-15 5:32 pm
ATLANTA - Thousands of students are opting out of new standardized tests aligned to the Common Core standards, defying the latest attempt by states to improve academic performance.
- Federal grants to help Ohioans with housing problems Updated: Apr-15-15 3:11 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Federal housing grants totaling $134,000 are designed to help Ohioans make good decisions about housing and stave off foreclosures.
- $3M federal grant to ease Chicago commuter rail congestion Updated: Apr-12-15 5:05 am
CHICAGO - A $3 million federal grant will help ease congestion that slows Metra commuter trains heading into Chicago's Union Station from the south and southwest.