- Lemitar shrimp farm to get federal grant to expand marketing Updated: Nov-24-15 5:01 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A shrimp farm in Lemitar is getting a federal grant to expand its marketing efforts across New Mexico.
- Grant will increase local foods in Niagara Falls schools Updated: Nov-22-15 11:05 am
NIAGARA FALLS, New York - Students in Niagara Falls city schools should see more locally grown food in the cafeteria following the award of a federal grant.
- South Carolina awarded federal grant for charter schools Updated: Nov-22-15 6:11 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina has won a federal grant to open and expand public charter schools that could total $30 million over five years.
- Fargo organization gets $1.5M grant to help fight poverty Updated: Nov-22-15 2:03 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota's congressional delegation says a Fargo-based group dedicated to fighting poverty is getting a $1.5 million federal grant.
- Ohio schools superintendent seeks to save $71M federal grant Updated: Nov-20-15 11:04 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's schools superintendent has sent a letter to the head of the federal charter schools program in an attempt to save the state's $71 million federal grant for charter schools.
- North Dakota gets fed grants to expand distance learning Updated: Nov-20-15 2:02 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota's congressional delegation says the state is getting federal grants totaling more than $743,000 to expand education opportunities in rural areas.
- Fort Totten School District getting $3.6M federal grant Updated: Nov-10-15 2:25 am
FORT TOTTEN, North Dakota - The Fort Totten School District is getting a $3.6 million federal grant for a new building.
- Federal grant helping producers form local food hub Updated: Nov-10-15 2:16 am
BROOKINGS, South Dakota - The USDA is giving SDSU Extension a two-year $100,000 federal grant to strengthen local food systems and revitalize rural economies and communities.
- Vermont city among towns seeking to reduce flood damage Updated: Nov-08-15 9:21 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - In the nine years Thom Lauzon has been mayor of Barre, the residential area along the Gunners Brook has flooded four times and now the city is preparing to be ready the next time the water rises, a sure thing in an era of more intense storms.
- 3 rural Iowa water get federal grants from USDA Updated: Nov-08-15 5:01 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Three projects in rural Iowa will receive federal money to help pay for the upgrades to water and sewer systems.
- Baltimore-DC maglev venture gets $28M federal grant Updated: Nov-07-15 4:19 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The federal government has awarded nearly $28 million in seed money to a private venture that seeks to build a high-speed magnetic-levitation train between Washington and Baltimore.
- Indiana joins multi-state parking system for semitrailers Updated: Nov-06-15 6:19 pm
TERRE HAUTE, Indiana - A new system will provide semitrailer drivers on Interstates 65, 70 and 94 with current information on safer places to park their rigs than highway ramps and rest area shoulders, an Indiana Department of Transportation spokesman says.
- Michigan tribe awarded $300,000 federal education grant Updated: Nov-06-15 4:02 am
SAULT STE. MARIE, Michigan - A Michigan-based American Indian tribe is among eight that will receive federal grants to boost their educational programs and develop initiatives for achieving self-determination.
- 2 Oklahoma tribes among 8 receiving federal education grants Updated: Nov-05-15 11:57 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Chickasaw and Muscogee (Creek) nations are among eight tribes selected to receive federal grants for education programs.
- Illinois Innocence Project to focus on Latino outreach Updated: Nov-03-15 4:06 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A University of Illinois Springfield project that investigates wrongful convictions has received a $753,000 federal grant to expand its DNA testing and to increase its outreach to Latino inmates.
- Madison passed over for federal grant for $35M bus garage Updated: Oct-31-15 4:05 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Madison is looking for alternatives after being denied a federal grant that was to pay for half of a $35 million Metro Transit bus garage on the city's east side.
- Kalispell lands federal grant for rail improvements Updated: Oct-31-15 3:44 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - Kalispell has been awarded a $10 million grant to remove rail lines from the downtown area and build a new rail park on the east side of town.
- North Carolina Zoo receives grant for gorilla conservation Updated: Oct-30-15 4:36 pm
ASHEBORO, North Carolina - The North Carolina Zoo's conservation program has received a $51,460 federal grant to help conserve gorillas in the wild.
- College aid: Obama to extend Pell grants to some HS students Updated: Oct-30-15 9:03 am
WASHINGTON - Thousands of low-income students will be eligible for federal Pell grant money to take college courses while still in high school.
- State wins $25M federal grant to help build Gateway Station Updated: Oct-30-15 3:01 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The North Carolina Department of Transportation has won a $25 million federal grant to help build the Gateway Station in Charlotte.
- Federal government will not help pay to expand train system Updated: Oct-30-15 3:00 am
DELAND, Florida - The federal government has announced it will not allocate $35 million to SunRail for the expansion of a train system.
- Shawnee County denied $16.7M for bridge Updated: Oct-29-15 12:56 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Shawnee County won't be getting a federal grant for more than $16 million to rebuild an aging bridge.
- North Dakota awarded federal grant for education conference Updated: Oct-29-15 2:02 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota's congressional delegation says a more than $66,000 federal grant has been awarded to support a teachers' conference that focuses on science, technology, engineering and math.
- Chilly Mapleton residents wait for grant to fund heating Updated: Oct-28-15 3:31 pm
MAPLETON, Kansas - A small community in Kansas that lost its natural gas service earlier this year hopes a federal grant to update their heating systems will come before temperatures drop this winter.
- Kauai gets $13M federal grant for sidewalks, bike lanes Updated: Oct-27-15 3:43 pm
LIHUE, Hawaii - Kauai County has been awarded $13 million in federal money for transportation improvements to revitalize Lihue.