- Nearly 2K in Neb. have selected marketplace plan Updated: Dec-11-13 8:20 pm
- Ill. gets $1M in federal grants after tornadoes Updated: Dec-11-13 11:29 am
- Sentencing set for ex-suburban Chicago official Updated: Dec-09-13 5:35 pm
- Fairbanks police grants set to expire in 2014 Updated: Dec-08-13 2:11 pm
- Vt. towns get federal grants for housing Updated: Dec-05-13 10:58 am
- City councilman blocks federal grant proposal Updated: Dec-04-13 11:13 am
- Sign-up opens for Minn. livestock grant program Updated: Dec-04-13 5:18 am
- Detroit gets $24M grant to hire 150 firefighters Updated: Nov-29-13 7:30 am
- Ohio OKs grants for outdoor recreation improvement Updated: Nov-28-13 4:47 pm
- Concord close to finishing tannery site cleanup Updated: Nov-28-13 8:50 am
- Tammany Trace grant gets pre-approval Updated: Nov-27-13 9:07 am
- Lawmaker's ex-aide gets 1½ years in grant fraud Updated: Nov-26-13 8:04 am
- 2 W.Va. health centers receive federal grants Updated: Nov-22-13 3:10 am
- Vt. approves spending money for rail upgrade Updated: Nov-21-13 4:26 pm
- Cedar Rapids says grant will promote fair housing Updated: Nov-21-13 5:05 am
- Apple may get $10M Ariz. grant for new Mesa plant Updated: Nov-19-13 6:16 pm
- Chicago transit eligible for more federal funds Updated: Nov-19-13 12:23 pm
- More WV students receiving grants, scholarships Updated: Nov-18-13 6:49 pm
- City of Greenville to receive state grant Updated: Nov-14-13 11:58 am
- Moody's: FBI probe jeopardizes CO airport funding Updated: Nov-13-13 1:41 pm
- Report: Ohio's neighbors critical to Lake Erie Updated: Nov-13-13 12:14 pm
- District seeks $300k in grants for Sparks school Updated: Nov-13-13 7:05 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nearly 2,000 Nebraskans have signed up for a health care plan out of nearly 23,000 who applied through the new federal marketplace, officials said Wednesday.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Gov. Pat Quinn's office says federal aid for Illinois tornado victims has topped $1 million.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Sentencing has been set for a former suburban Chicago police chief who pleaded guilty to fraud involving a $1.25 million state grant.
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Several state and federal grants that pay for 10 percent of Fairbanks police force are set to expire in 2014.
BRATTLEBORO, Vermont - Vermont Gov. Peter Shumlin says more than million dollars in federal grants will help ensure the state continues to offer affordable housing.
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - A Fairbanks city councilman who routinely votes unsuccessfully to reject federal grant money finally won a budget skirmish this week.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The Minnesota Department of Agriculture is making $1 million in grant funding available to livestock producers for on-farm improvements that help them stay competitive.
DETROIT - A $24 million federal grant will allow Detroit to hire 150 firefighters, Michigan's U.S. senators announced.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio has approved state and federal grants to help develop and improve public access for outdoor recreation facilities across the state.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The city of Concord, New Hampshire, is close to finishing the cleanup of a tannery site in the village of Penacook to attract developers to area.
COVINGTON, Louisiana - St. Tammany Parish has received provisional approval for a $92,677 federal grant to help pay for the extension of the Tammany Trace exercise trail beyond its current ending point near Slidell.
PHILADELPHIA - A former aide to a state lawmaker has been sentenced to a year and a half in federal prison on convictions of misuse of state grant money.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Two West Virginia community health centers are sharing more than $1.5 million in federal funds.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Efforts to bring back passenger rail service to western Vermont took a big step forward Thursday when a legislative committee authorized the Transportation Agency to embark on a rail upgrade project.
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - A government agency in Cedar Rapids has received a federal grant to strengthen its efforts to ensure equal housing opportunities are available to minorities.
GILBERT, Arizona - Apple Inc. will qualify for a $10 million grant from the Arizona Commerce Authority if it opens its proposed new plant in the Phoenix suburb of Mesa and meets job creation and capital investment targets, the agency announced Tuesday.
CHICAGO - The transit system in Chicago is the first in the nation to benefit from an overhauled federal grant program.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - There's been a 23 percent rise in the number of students at West Virginia's four-year colleges receiving institutional scholarships and grants over the past five academic years, a state report says.
GREENVILLE, Mississippi - Mayor John Cox and other Greenville officials are announcing Friday that the city will receive $600,000 to work on local water lines and sewer lines.
GRAND JUNCTION, Colorado - An FBI investigation into alleged fraud at Grand Junction Regional Airport could harm the airport's credit rating and jeopardize $77 million in federal grants to the facility, Moody's Investors Service reported.
TOLEDO, Ohio - Reducing pollution that feeds harmful algae in western Lake Erie needs the help of Ohio's neighbors, according to a state task force looking at ways to solve the growing problem.
RENO, Nevada - The Washoe County School District intends to apply for up to $300,000 in federal grants to provide funding to help students and staff in the wake of last month's fatal shooting at Sparks Middle School.