- NY technology company to receive $1 million federal grant Updated: May-24-15 3:26 pm
CHILI, New York - Sydor Instruments has been awarded a $1 million grant from the U.S. Department of Energy to develop a special camera for basic scientific research.
- Federal grants worth $1.8M go to 3 Nebraska water projects Updated: May-24-15 5:04 am
OGALLALA, Nebraska - Three Nebraska projects will share $1.8 million in federal grants to help strengthen the Ogallala aquifer.
- Federal grant to bring job training to laid off mill workers Updated: May-22-15 1:31 pm
BEND, Oregon - Federal grant money is making training available to about half the workers who lost jobs when Woodgrain Millwork's roof collapsed in November.
- Vermont's largest sweet potato farm receives $20,000 grant Updated: May-22-15 3:16 am
PAWLET, Vermont - The largest sweet potato farm in Vermont is getting some much-needed assistance.
- Grant will aid school counseling Updated: May-21-15 4:07 pm
CORINTH, Mississippi - The Corinth School District has received a federal grant to establish and expand counseling programs.
- Des Moines puts brakes on bus rapid transit program Updated: May-20-15 2:25 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A long-planned bus rapid transit program in Des Moines has been put on pause after city officials say they must prioritize the replacement and rehabilitation of eight aging bridges.
- Detroit-based AIDS housing program gets $1.35M federal grant Updated: May-20-15 6:01 am
DETROIT - A federal agency says $1.35 million has been awarded to a Michigan HIV/AIDS housing program for extremely low-income persons and families.
- New technical center set to open in Aberdeen in the fall Updated: May-19-15 12:01 pm
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - A new regional career and technical education facility in Aberdeen is scheduled to open in the fall.
- Springfield airport to use $1.85M grant for 2nd jet bridge Updated: May-17-15 5:07 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Springfield's Abraham Lincoln Capital Airport plans to use a federal grant to add a second passenger jet bridge.
- Jal eyes $11M loan, grant for water improvements Updated: May-16-15 1:53 pm
JAL, New Mexico - A southeastern New Mexico city may raise water rates if it gets $11 million loans and grants from the federal government.
- Town officials charged over alleged misuse of state grant Updated: May-15-15 3:10 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - State prosecutors say four current or former board supervisors from a northeastern Pennsylvania town are under arrest for misusing a $50,000 grant to help build an emergency management structure and then trying to conceal the misuse.
- $175K grant to repair falling wall rejected in Brattleboro Updated: May-14-15 8:07 am
BRATTLEBORO, Vermont - Vermont's Agency of Transportation has rejected Brattleboro's request for a $175,000 grant to help repair a falling wall in a parking lot.
- Chicago film studio suing state, claims work given to rival Updated: May-13-15 12:12 pm
CHICAGO - A film studio that has been in Chicago since 1979 is suing the state, accusing it of unfairly steering productions to a newer rival that hosts shows such as "Chicago Fire" and "Chicago P.D."
- Online Common Core testing lays bare tech divide in schools Updated: May-11-15 7:22 pm
NEW CUYAMA, California - Nestled between mountains 60 miles from the nearest city, students at Cuyama Valley High School use Internet connections about one-tenth the minimum speed recommended for the modern U.S. classroom.
- Correction: Coal-Grant Money story Updated: May-08-15 12:07 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - In a story May 7 about a federal grant, The Associated Press reported erroneously that a $7.5 million grant from the U.S. Department of Labor would help out-of-work coal miners find new jobs. The grant will help workers who lost their jobs because of the downturn in the coal industry, but not coal miners.
- Portland seeks $2 million grant to tackle rape kit backlog Updated: May-06-15 12:34 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - About half of the rape kits collected by Portland police during a 29-year span have never been submitted to the state crime lab for testing.
- Illinois health centers to get $2.1 million in grants Updated: May-06-15 4:34 am
CHICAGO - Federal grants totaling $2.1 million are on the way to community health centers in Chicago, Elgin, Sauget (SAW'-zhay) and Springfield.
- Maine homeless shelter receives state grant for expansion Updated: May-04-15 2:49 am
WATERVILLE, Maine - A homeless shelter in Kennebec County is getting a $1 million grant from the Maine State Housing Authority to help get their expansion plans off the ground.
- W.Va. governor announces $250k state grant for pipeline Updated: Apr-30-15 3:35 pm
HAZELTON, West Virginia - A Preston County natural gas pipeline project that's expected to create 25 jobs is receiving a $250,000 state grant.
- Utah County residents file petitions against bus route Updated: Apr-30-15 1:17 pm
PROVO, Utah - Eight people opposed to the Utah County Commissioners' bonding for up to $65 million for a new bus route have filed a petition for a referendum.
- Jackson seeks $15M for 3 main corridors Updated: Apr-30-15 6:28 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Jackson is seeking a $15 million federal grant from the U.S. Department of Transportation to improve portions of State Street, Capitol Street and Medgar Evers Boulevard.