- Correction: Health Overhaul-Audit story Updated: Apr-16-14 5:16 pm
- Topeka Boys, Girls Clubs get federal grant Updated: Apr-16-14 5:04 am
- 7 Wisconsin districts get $3.2M in federal grants Updated: Apr-16-14 5:04 am
- New Hampshire ready to start 2 new drug courts Updated: Apr-13-14 2:14 pm
- Correction: Federal Grants story Updated: Apr-11-14 4:59 pm
- Waterloo airport to use grant for snow removal Updated: Apr-10-14 7:42 pm
- Nebraska elderly care bill approved over veto Updated: Apr-10-14 5:43 pm
- Ex-Illinois department aide pleads guilty to fraud Updated: Apr-10-14 5:29 pm
- Federal grant to help SD schools in math, science Updated: Apr-10-14 6:10 am
- Reno to lay off 35 firefighters after grant denied Updated: Apr-08-14 5:40 pm
- Des Moines council favors arched bridge look Updated: Apr-08-14 1:23 pm
- Bradley schools awarded $4.5M federal grant Updated: Apr-08-14 8:58 am
- Illinois wetland project gets federal grant Updated: Apr-05-14 5:06 am
- Grants awarded in NJ community to elevate homes Updated: Apr-04-14 3:37 pm
- Texarkana awarded $7,700 grant to attract business Updated: Apr-03-14 7:34 pm
- Oglala Sioux Tribe gets grant to fix sewer system Updated: Apr-03-14 3:54 pm
- State grants go toward removing, renovating dams Updated: Apr-02-14 8:22 pm
- Buchanan Co. water project gets federal grant Updated: Mar-30-14 2:16 pm
- Closer Look: Quinn's budget holds a few surprises Updated: Mar-30-14 1:13 pm
- Clore wine center opens quietly Updated: Mar-24-14 12:07 pm
- St. Louis Loop trolley project gets $25M grant Updated: Mar-24-14 9:58 am
- Wisconsin lawmaker rips tribes' spearfishing goals Updated: Mar-20-14 4:20 pm
- Molokai health center to receive $500K state grant Updated: Mar-20-14 10:04 am
- Michigan gets $30 million in public housing grants Updated: Mar-19-14 2:55 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - In a story April 12 about a planned review of the rollout of the Vermont Health Connect website by the state auditor, The Associated Press incorrectly reported how much had been spent on the project so far. About $66 million in federal grants has been spent, not $180 million. The story also should have made clear that the federal government will make a total of $173 million in grants available for the program and other health reform efforts.
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Boys and Girls Clubs of Topeka have been selected to receive more than $272,000 from the U.S. Department of Education to provide an integrated physical activity and nutrition program.
MILWAUKEE - Seven Wisconsin school districts have been awarded a total of $3.2 million in federal grants to help them expand their nutrition and physical-education programs.
NASHUA, New Hampshire - A New Hampshire judge says a pair of drug courts could open as soon as this fall in Hillsborough County if a federal grant comes through.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - In a story April 10 about two federal grants for rural development projects, The Associated Press, relying on information from the state's congressional delegation, erroneously reported the name of one of the recipients. The grant was for the Greensboro Fire District No. 1, not the Greensboro Fire Department.
WATERLOO, Iowa - The Waterloo airport is using a $1 million federal grant to buy snow removal equipment.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska will apply for a federal grant to spend millions more to care for the elderly in their homes, lawmakers decided Thursday as they voted to override Gov. Dave Heineman's veto.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A former top aide at the Illinois Department of Public Health pleaded guilty Thursday in federal court to bribery and taking kickbacks in connection with $13 million in state grants and contracts and to obstructing a grand jury investigation.
PIERRE, South Dakota - More than 100 teachers from across South Dakota will participate in a university and K-12 partnership program with the support of federal dollars.
RENO, Nevada - As many as 35 Reno city firefighters may lose their jobs because of the loss of federal grant money, officials said Tuesday.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Des Moines officials say they favor spending extra money so the replacement of a downtown bridge will match the arched appearance of other nearby bridges.
CLEVELAND, Tennessee - A southern Tennessee school system has been awarded a federal grant of $4.5 million to prepare students for careers after high school.
CHICAGO - A northern Illinois environmental group is getting a $50,000 grant to help restore habitat for waterfowl and marsh birds.
BRIGANTINE, New Jersey - A low-lying barrier island community north of Atlantic City is the first to be awarded state aid since Superstorm Sandy to help residents elevate their homes.
TEXARKANA, Arkansas - Texarkana will receive a $7,700 grant from the state to develop sites in the Maxwell Industrial Park.
HURON, South Dakota - The Oglala Sioux Tribe has been awarded a $30,000 federal grant to fix sewer system problems.
LANSING, Michigan - State wildlife officials have approved two projects to remove one dam and renovate another.
HURLEY, Virginia - A public water project in Buchanan County has received a $4.7 million federal grant to extend service to another 267 homes.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Much of the focus of Gov. Pat Quinn's election-year budget address was on his proposal to make Illinois' temporary income tax permanent in order to avert cuts to education and other areas.
PROSSER, Washington - A long-awaited center that celebrates Washington's wine industry opened quietly in Prosser earlier this year.
ST. LOUIS - A project to link the Loop retail district in St. Louis with nearby Forest Park has won a $25 million federal grant.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin's Chippewa bands want to spear too many walleyes again this spring and risk re-igniting tensions if state officials adopt tight bag limits for non-tribal anglers, the state Assembly's tourism chairman warned Thursday.
KAUNAKAKAI, Hawaii - Molokai's only federally qualified health center will be getting $500,000 to make capital improvements.
LANSING, Michigan - Federal housing authorities have awarded about $30 million to fix Michigan's public housing units.