- Oklahoma Forestry Services warns about high fire danger Updated: Feb-09-16 3:06 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma Forestry Services says outdoor burning should be avoided due to high fire danger across the state.
- Santa Anas bring heat, fire danger to Southern California Updated: Feb-08-16 8:18 pm
LOS ANGELES - Gusty Santa Ana winds blew through mountains and valleys of Southern California again Monday, raising temperatures to levels more like summer than winter and increasing the risk of wildfires as humidity levels fell.
- Firefighters battling grass fires across central Oklahoma Updated: Feb-08-16 7:22 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Firefighters are battling wind-blown grass fires across central Oklahoma, including a fire that has forced partial closure of a busy turnpike.
- Good Washington snowpack raises hopes of calmer fire season Updated: Feb-08-16 5:51 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - Mountain snowpack came in above normal in Washington state, raising hopes the normally soggy state will not repeat last year's drought conditions that helped fuel the worst wildfire season in its history, a federal agency said Monday.
- Hundreds of thousands celebrate Carnival in Cologne Updated: Feb-08-16 1:07 pm
COLOGNE, Germany - Hundreds of thousands of people packed the streets of Cologne for its annual Rose Monday parade, the culmination of five days of Carnival festivities that took place amid heightened security following robberies and sexual assaults in the city on New Year's Eve.
- Storm Imogen lashes Britain with wind, huge waves Updated: Feb-08-16 12:22 pm
LONDON - A winter storm with hurricane-force winds and huge waves battered Britain's coastline Monday, cutting power to thousands and disrupting travel across the country.
- Roads slippery and snow-covered in Riverhead, New York Updated: Feb-08-16 9:05 am
RIVERHEAD, New York - Authorities on eastern Long Island are urging drivers to use extreme caution if they have to go out.
- NYC Sanitation is preparing for snow starting early Monday Updated: Feb-07-16 2:42 pm
NEW YORK - New York City's Department of Sanitation says it's preparing for possible snow.
- Gale warning puts dampener on Cologne Carnival procession Updated: Feb-07-16 11:31 am
BERLIN - Organizers are banning horses, large puppets and flags during the main procession at this year's street Carnival in Cologne because of a gale warning.
- Alabama governor tours Pickens County tornado damage Updated: Feb-06-16 4:58 pm
ALICEVILLE, Alabama - Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley visited rural west Alabama to discuss the state's response to storms that caused significant damage in several areas.
- Austrian police: 5 skiers killed in 'massive' avalanche Updated: Feb-06-16 12:40 pm
BERLIN - Five people were killed Saturday when a "massive" avalanche in the Austrian Alps struck skiers from the Czech Republic taking part in a freeriding camp, police said.
- Santa Ana winds to bring warming to Southern California Updated: Feb-05-16 12:24 pm
LOS ANGELES - Forecasters say Southern California is in for an extended period of gusty Santa Ana winds and summerlike warming.
- High surf, rip currents expected along Southern California Updated: Feb-04-16 1:06 pm
LOS ANGELES - Swimmers and surfers are warned of powerful surf and dangerous rip currents that will hit the Southern California coast amid a significant warming trend.
- The Latest: Suspected tornado damages Army post in Georgia Updated: Feb-03-16 7:20 pm
The Latest on the winter storm system affecting a broad swath of the Midwest and Southern U.S. (all times local):
- The Latest: Snowstorm winds down after blasting Wisconsin Updated: Feb-02-16 8:26 pm
MILWAUKEE - The Latest on winter storm moving across Wisconsin (all times local):
- Preliminary research: NYC area did, indeed, have a blizzard Updated: Feb-02-16 3:08 pm
NEW YORK - It's almost official. The National Weather Service says its preliminary findings confirm that the New York City area did, indeed, have a blizzard on Jan. 23.
- Denver in store for its first big snowstorm of the season Updated: Feb-01-16 8:19 pm
DENVER - A weather system that blew in from California left air travelers stranded on Monday and dumped steady snow on the Denver area in what is expected to be the first big snowstorm of the season.
- Record snow in parts of Nevada; high winds, cold in Vegas Updated: Feb-01-16 8:09 pm
RENO, Nevada - High wind advisories remained in effect across much of east-central Nevada Monday with gusts up to 50 mph but sunny skies began to melt off about a foot of record-breaking snow in other areas, and the Truckee River flowed through downtown Reno at its highest level in more than three years.
- Freezing overnight temperatures in store for most of Arizona Updated: Feb-01-16 8:00 pm
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - A winter storm dropped snow across Arizona on Monday, from the state's high country down to the desert region bordering Mexico.
- Powerful winds persist as winter storm lashes California Updated: Feb-01-16 6:32 pm
LOS ANGELES - Powerful winds lashed Southern California on Monday at the tail end of a winter storm that also brought heavy rain and mountain snow.
- The Latest: Heavy snow likely won't hit Iowa during caucuses Updated: Feb-01-16 5:13 pm
DENVER - The Latest on a storm system moving across the West (all times local):
- The Latest: Strong winds persist as storm lashes California Updated: Feb-01-16 9:08 am
LOS ANGELES - The Latest on a winter storm lashing California (all times local):
- Snow strands travelers at start of Chinese New Year getaway Updated: Feb-01-16 8:09 am
BEIJING - China's travel rush ahead of Lunar New Year has been disrupted by rare snow in central parts of the country.
- Anxiety high as Baltimore residents head back to work Updated: Jan-26-16 4:17 pm
BALTIMORE - After a monstrous winter storm dumped more than 2 feet of snow, Baltimore residents scrambled to free their cars Tuesday in order to make it to work. But with many side streets still unplowed, residents were anxious about their chances of getting to the office on time, if at all.
- Where does the snow go? In Baltimore, to the races Updated: Jan-26-16 3:26 pm
BALTIMORE - No horses are galloping along the tracks at Pimlico this time of year, but there is plenty of racing going on.