- Storm causes floods, knocks out power in north Philippines Updated: Jul-05-15 8:16 am
MANILA, Philippines - A tropical storm blew across the northern Philippines on Sunday, causing floods and power outages in several towns and prompting rescue teams to scramble to evacuate villagers in low-lying communities.
- Wildfires break out in Spain, Portugal; 1,350 evacuated Updated: Jul-05-15 7:49 am
MADRID - More than 1,350 residents have been evacuated in Spain's northeastern region of Aragon as a wildfire spreads through a pine forest amid a lingering heat wave, a local official said Sunday.
- Smoke from Canadian fires blows as far south as Tennessee Updated: Jul-04-15 5:31 pm
MINOT, North Dakota - After almost of a week, smoke from Canadian wildfires continued to blanket parts of North Dakota on Saturday and some residents said they're growing tired of the hazy skies.
- Spain's weather stations warn of extended heat wave Updated: Jul-04-15 11:02 am
MADRID - Spain's meteorological agency on Saturday warned people to brace for high temperatures across much of the country over the coming days, amid a lingering European heat wave.
- Flash flood advisories issued in north Georgia Updated: Jul-03-15 12:42 pm
ATLANTA - Forecasters are warning of thunderstorms capable of producing damaging winds, and flash flood warnings have been issued in parts of north Georgia.
- Flood advisories issued in parts of north, west Alabama Updated: Jul-03-15 9:43 am
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - The National Weather Service has issued a flash flood warning in Huntsville and other areas in western Alabama.
- Summer is sizzling: Heat records fall across US West Updated: Jul-02-15 5:48 pm
From Seattle to Salt Lake City, the West is baking under record heat. Temperatures reaching the triple digits have made fire conditions extreme and sent folks looking for relief heading into the Fourth of July weekend. Unfortunately, the forecast in many areas calls for more sun and sweat.
- Tornado tosses mobile home 60 feet, injuring Montana man Updated: Jul-02-15 4:16 pm
SIDNEY, Montana - A tornado picked up a single-wide trailer in eastern Montana and threw it onto a storage shed about 60 feet away, injuring a 79-year-old man and his dog.
- Tropical storm approaching Guam, expected to become typhoon Updated: Jul-01-15 9:02 am
AGANA, Guam - A tropical storm is expected to pass through Marianas as a typhoon over the weekend, bringing rain, thunder and strong winds.
- Brutal heat wave in Pakistan last month killed 1,250 Updated: Jul-01-15 7:25 am
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan's government says the brutal heat wave that hit the port city of Karachi and the country's southern province of Sind in June killed 1,250 people before subsiding.
- Hail storm hits Prescott Valley with minor flooding Updated: Jun-30-15 6:53 pm
PRESCOTT, Arizona - A storm hit the Prescott area with hail and rain leaving several homes with minor flooding.
- Heavy rains in central China kill 15, leave 19 missing Updated: Jun-30-15 7:32 am
BEIJING - Four days of heavy rain have caused severe flooding in central China, killing at least 15 people and leaving 19 others missing, China's Ministry of Civil Affairs said Tuesday.
- Lightning on Colorado mountain sends 3 hikers to hospital Updated: Jun-29-15 6:47 pm
GEORGETOWN, Colorado - Lightning struck near the top of a more than 14,000-foot mountain popular with hikers, sending three people to hospitals and killing a dog, Colorado authorities said.
- Unrelenting rain leads to more flooding in Midwest Updated: Jun-29-15 4:07 pm
ST. LOUIS - A wet June turned worse after strong weekend storms drenched the Midwest, adding to concern that already-serious flooding won't go away anytime soon.
- Spain, Portugal issue health alerts amid scorching temps Updated: Jun-29-15 11:26 am
LISBON, Portugal - Spain and Portugal both issued weather alerts Monday, advising residents to take extra care as temperatures soared above 40 C (104 F) in some southern areas.
- Severe storms prompt tornado reports in Missouri Updated: Jun-28-15 11:25 pm
ST. LOUIS - Severe weather has brought heavy rain and hail and prompted tornado reports in Missouri.
- 8 kayakers, canoeists capsize in fast-moving Kalamazoo River Updated: Jun-28-15 7:08 pm
PLAINWELL, Michigan - Authorities are warning kayakers and canoeists about the dangers of paddling in western Michigan's rain-swollen Kalamazoo River, where at least eight boaters overturned within a few hours.
- Phoenix hit by first dust storm of monsoon season Updated: Jun-28-15 5:07 pm
PHOENIX - The first big dust storm of the monsoon season slammed the Phoenix area on Saturday with winds snapping utility poles and leaving thousands without power.
- Heat wave originating in north Africa engulfs much of Spain Updated: Jun-27-15 4:14 pm
MADRID - Weather stations across Spain are warning people to take extra precautions as a heat wave engulfs much of the country, increasing the risk of wildfires.
- Swollen Colorado rivers force rafters to seek calmer waters Updated: Jun-26-15 5:11 pm
DENVER - Rapidly melting snow and heavy spring rains are sending Colorado's rivers tumbling out of the mountains, so far claiming the lives of at least 11 people and forcing some whitewater rafting companies to seek out calmer rapids and stock extra safety gear.
- Monsoon rains kill 81 in India Updated: Jun-26-15 3:07 am
NEW DELHI - Heavy early monsoon rains have killed at least 81 people in India's western Gujarat state, bringing misery to thousands of people uprooted from their flooded homes, an official said Friday.
- Flooding hits Russia's Black Sea city of Sochi, 1 dead Updated: Jun-25-15 2:55 pm
MOSCOW - A flood caused by heavy rains has swept Russia's Black Sea resort of Sochi that hosted the 2014 Winter Games, killing one man and causing major damage and disruptions.
- Flash floods kill 7, leave 4 missing in northern Vietnam Updated: Jun-24-15 11:07 pm
HANOI, Vietnam - A disaster official says flash floods triggered by a tropical storm have killed seven people and left four others missing in a northern Vietnamese province.
- Parched Caribbean faces widespread drought, water shortages Updated: Jun-24-15 6:13 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - The worst drought in five years is creeping across the Caribbean, prompting officials around the region to brace for a bone dry summer.
- Rains cool Pakistan as heat wave's death toll climbs to 838 Updated: Jun-24-15 1:58 pm
KARACHI, Pakistan - A cool wind from the sea and pre-monsoon rains brought the first signs of respite to southern Pakistan on Wednesday as the death toll from a scorching heat wave climbed to 838 - a high figure even for a nation accustomed to sizzling hot summers.