- Lowe's agrees to minimize lead dust, pay fine Updated: Apr-17-14 5:04 pm
- Maine home for special needs adults gets $30K Updated: Apr-04-14 3:56 pm
- U of I's Alma Mater will soon head back to campus Updated: Apr-01-14 11:55 am
- Volunteers help renovate Korean War veteran's home Updated: Mar-22-14 10:11 am
- W.Va. home to help transition from foster care Updated: Mar-22-14 9:20 am
- Community rallies around family of slain Utah girl Updated: Mar-21-14 6:20 pm
- Recovery program for addicts getting new look Updated: Mar-21-14 11:10 am
ST. LOUIS - Lowe's Home Centers has agreed to pay a $500,000 federal penalty in settling claims that its contractors in at least nine states broke environmental rules for addressing lead paint dust during home renovation projects, two federal agencies announced Thursday.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine Gov. Paul LePage is giving $30,000 from his contingency fund to help renovate a home for young adults with special needs.
URBANA, Illinois - The University of Illinois' Alma Mater sculpture will return to campus next week after a year and a half away.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Lindsey Kirksey lived in the back room of his aging home. Down and out, his roof was falling in, the plumbing needed work and the walls, repaired.
WHEELING, West Virginia - Responding to a need in the community, Crittenton Services officials are preparing to open a transitional living residence in Wheeling for young women on the cusp of independence.
WEST JORDAN, Utah - For the past 21 months, Brad and Kathy Newbold have leaned on each other, one relying on the other to pick them up when they're down.
SULLIVAN, Indiana - A sign in the Luke House dining room reads, "With God, all things are possible."