- Kansas home likely used on Underground Railroad demolished Updated: Oct-07-15 5:15 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - A Civil War-era home north of Topeka that was thought to have been a way station on the Underground Railroad has been demolished.
- State plans to sell 2 historic houses in downtown Raleigh Updated: Oct-03-15 12:52 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The state has announced its plans to sell two historic homes in downtown Raleigh, including the 145-year-old Heck-Andrews House.
- Event marks Dearborn neighborhood's historic designation Updated: Sep-30-15 9:52 am
DEARBORN, Michigan - A celebration is planned for a Dearborn neighborhood that's been added to the National Register of Historic Places.
- Historic home of author Edith Wharton is finally debt-free Updated: Sep-29-15 9:40 am
LENOX, Massachusetts - Author Edith Wharton's historic Massachusetts home is finally debt-free, seven years after defaulting on a loan and nearly shutting its doors.
- Wayne State dedicating Hecker House as Tierney Alumni House Updated: Sep-29-15 5:22 am
DETROIT - Wayne State University is dedicating the historic Hecker House as the new Tierney Alumni House.
- Civil War re-enactment set at historic 'Little House' farm Updated: Sep-26-15 8:01 am
BURKE, New York - A Civil War re-enactment is going on this weekend at the northern New York boyhood home of Almanzo Wilder, husband of Laura Ingalls Wilder of "Little House on the Prairie" fame.
- Preservationists try to save historic 'wedding cake house' Updated: Sep-24-15 1:38 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Preservationists are trying to raise money to repair the 19th century "wedding cake house" in Providence.
- New agreement keeps Civil-War-era house open to the public Updated: Sep-23-15 1:51 pm
SHARPSBURG, Maryland - The historic Newcomer House at Antietam National Battlefield will continue to operate as a visitor center thanks to a new five-year agreement.
- Officials try again to auction historic Ohio home Updated: Sep-22-15 4:02 am
LANCASTER, Ohio - Officials in a central Ohio county are trying again to find somebody who wants to buy a huge historic house that dates back nearly 200 years.