- Historic house to be moved in Stamford police station plan Updated: May-22-15 8:03 pm
STAMFORD, Connecticut - Stamford officials have agreed to spend up to $1 million to relocate a historic house to make way for a new city police department.
- Lumber company owner purchases historic Flavel home Updated: May-22-15 12:59 pm
ASTORIA, Oregon - The owner of City Lumber Company has purchased the historic Flavel home that has been left vacant for 25 years.
- Archaeological dig uncovers base of Civil War cotton gin Updated: May-21-15 11:28 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - An engineering crew in Franklin has uncovered the base of a Civil War cotton gin archaeologists have been searching for since 2009.
- Historic Indiana home designed by Wright protege to be moved Updated: May-18-15 4:01 am
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - A small, historic home in southwestern Indiana that a protege of famed architect Frank Lloyd Wright designed will be moved to the University of Evansville's campus and restored.
- For Hampton House, a return from history Updated: May-17-15 12:23 am
MIAMI - When the rescue of Hampton House began six years ago, vagrants and drug addicts slept in the motel where Malcolm X once stayed. A tree grew out of the swimming pool where Martin Luther King Jr. swam. The walls were crumbling around the courtyard where Ebony magazine had photographed Muhammad Ali and his new wife and baby.
- Historic home near Brown University to get makeover Updated: May-13-15 4:16 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - An historic home near the Brown University campus is set to get a makeover this summer.
- Beautification planned for neighborhood near Lincoln home Updated: May-11-15 4:22 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Renovations are planned for a less-traveled section of Abraham Lincoln's old neighborhood in Springfield.
- Proposed house for Purdue student tests historic group Updated: May-07-15 9:19 am
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Developer Michael Plonski always hoped his son Lance Plonski would decide to attend Purdue University, his alma mater.
- Another buyer sought for historic Davenport house Updated: May-04-15 10:53 am
DAVENPORT, Iowa - Another buyer is being sought to rehabilitate a historic home near Davenport Central High School, because the first deal fell through.
- City enticing developers to historic home hit by tornado Updated: Apr-27-15 2:29 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A historic house in Springfield that was damaged by a tornado is being sold by the city as part of a revitalization effort.